[VIDEOS] "Foreign coaches never make me feel that I am lacking in any skills, but that is not how I feel when I play for the Pakistan team": Azam Khan

Have to say this guy is just not cut out for international cricket shockingly obese and just can’t play quality pace bowling or spin should stick to his league crickets facing military pace

That dismissal was embarrassing. Azam had his eyes closed so hard that it was clear he was scared for his life. No technique, clinically obese and utterly underserving of his place in the team. Enough said.

I really don't wish bad for any player but i am happy with Azam's failure at International level. His interviews feel too pompous for his talent. I hope it gives clear message to young cricket fans to stop hyping performance in pajama T20 leagues. International cricket is different gravy.

Don’t think there has ever been a player less fitter for international cricket. Without his father’s support he wouldn’t have made it in league cricket either. He is a club level player. The last few innings have been embarrassing both for Pakistan as a team and Azam himself. Today he didnt even have his characteristic nonchalance, he looked lost and scared. And if his batting is useless, his keeping is harmful to the team. Needs to stay on the bench throughout the WC.

Poor guy looked terrified at the short pitched bowling from Wood, it's physically impossible to lift 150lbs of blubber to get the bat up in time to fend off bouncers.

I hope the team management have stocked up his hotel fridge with pies and cakes to help him overcome a traumatic day at the crease.

It's embarrassing when he comes out to the crease and the overseas commentators are trying to delicately skirt around the fact he's grotesquely overweight for a normal human being forget international sportsman.

It's embarrassing when he comes out to the crease and the overseas commentators are trying to delicately skirt around the fact he's grotesquely overweight for a normal human being forget international sportsman.

I can almost live with that but when I see images like this, I do wonder how he can be playing intl cricket AT ALL!

GO2Nb4aXcAAlL3w

There are cricketers who dedicate their lives to representing Pakistan. They come from humble backgrounds with limited resources, yet their determination and passion drive them to pursue the dream of wearing the green jersey. Every young boy in Pakistan aspires to play in the World Cup, working tirelessly in academies and on the domestic circuit, often facing immense challenges and political hurdles.

However, it is disgusting, and makes me physically sick to see a player who hasn't earned this privilege being selected for the national team, let alone for the World Cup—the pinnacle of cricket. This player not only lacks the necessary, most basic fitness but also embodies the issues plaguing the PCB and the country's cricketing standards.

Selecting someone who hasn't put in the hard work or shown the required dedication is a disservice to those who have given their all for the chance to represent Pakistan. It's a stark reminder of how far our cricket has regressed and highlights the urgent need for merit-based selection to restore the integrity and pride of our national team.

This must be his last international match as we can't face more embarrassments because of him. I m still amazed how someone could drop Haris for this fluke.

I whatsapped a picture of Azam Khan to two of my mates who don't follow cricket very closely but even they're aghast that he's playing international cricket.

And to think our captain said after the NZ series:

We really missed Azam Khan in the series. He brings a lot of power in the middle order and he has the ability to change the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a nothing player just like his father... This guy was given enough chances to prove himself but he's just another nepotistic selection. Harris should have been playing instead of this sack of lard.

He is a nothing player just like his father... This guy was given enough chances to prove himself but he's just another nepotistic selection. Harris should have been playing instead of this sack of lard.

His father was a bit of a player though. Just because his son is a obese doesn't mean Moin Khan wasn't a fabulous player.

Does Moin Khan have no shame?

The most embarrassed time I have ever felt as a Pakistan fan was the Spot Fixing of 2010. Azam Khan in the Pakistan squad is the second.

This isn't just about Azam or Moin Khan, but for me it's primarily about standards. When an enthusiast watches any team play cricket, the player they see the most is the wicketkeeper. Think of it, batsmen come and go, bowlers are rotated, but the keeper is in your eyesight behind the stumps throughout the game.

What standards are we setting for youngsters wanting to take up the sport when they see Azam's physique throughout the game? Does this mean that any youngster can potentially wear the national jersey irrespective of how unfit one is? That's the message PCB is sending to future generations when including a player like Azam?

The best 11 set the standards for others to follow. No matter how 'powerful' Azam is assumed to be, you're lowering the standards for generations to come by including him. PCB needs to wake up.

This isn't just about Azam or Moin Khan, but for me it's primarily about standards. When an enthusiast watches any team play cricket, the player they see the most is the wicketkeeper. Think of it, batsmen come and go, bowlers are rotated, but the keeper is in your eyesight behind the stumps throughout the game.

What standards are we setting for youngsters wanting to take up the sport when they see Azam's physique throughout the game? Does this mean that any youngster can potentially wear the national jersey irrespective of how unfit one is? That's the message PCB is sending to future generations when including a player like Azam?

The best 11 set the standards for others to follow. No matter how 'powerful' Azam is assumed to be, you're lowering the standards for generations to come by including him. PCB needs to wake up.

This is why nepotism is so deadly for a sports team. It is a rot which snowballs.

People keep blaming Azam Khan or Moin Khan, but the true culprits are the selectors and the PCB. On what basis is Azam Khan deemed an athlete, let alone worthy enough to play for Pakistan cricket? Players like Azam Khan, Shadab Khan, and others in this squad truly sully the name of the former players who represented Pakistan at the highest level in cricket.

People keep blaming Azam Khan or Moin Khan, but the true culprits are the selectors and the PCB. On what basis is Azam Khan deemed an athlete, let alone worthy enough to play for Pakistan cricket? Players like Azam Khan, Shadab Khan, and others in this squad truly sully the name of the former players who represented Pakistan at the highest level in cricket.
Exactly right.

Azam isn't to blame in my eyes either.

It's obvious to anyone with eyes that he doesn't have a normal relationship with food.

But the PCB selected him. They took him to an army camp and the world laughed at him, his fellow players sarcastically applauded him.

But they selected him anyway.

So obviously they see something that the naked eye can't see and they see something that that overcomes his complete lack of fitness.

Rather than putting this kid through the ringer the ones who saw something need to be accountable - on what basis was he selected and why were fitness standards dropped for him?

As fans we fight all day about individual players but the rotten structure is the root of all problems.

Now he is definitely going to the West Indies so we can only hope for the best.

Can’t lie he’s had more than enough chances to show something and he’s shown absolutely nothing. Had no bottle tonight and let the team down badly out there. The opening partnership was an excellent platform and the middle order failed to make it count.

Azam will be and is a fabulous hitter - but only at league level - his not and never has been international standard.

All that psl garbage is what’s made ppl blind!

Oh my my my. I don't visit PP often anymore but this wonderful batting clinic by the great Azam made me want to come back here.

Can someone please find where the experts in this forum are who were proposing Azam and Saim as the solution for everything wrong with PCT?

Every single day during the CWC there were people all over this forum signing praises for Saim and Azam. I wonder where all of them are.

He is physically far more active than your regular obese person. He has been with the Pakistan management for almost two months now.

That is more than enough time to shed some of the excess kilos. My question is - what is his diet these days and why can’t the Pakistan team management regulate what he eats?

With his active lifestyle, he can lose a bit of weight in no time with a proper diet plan. I can understand if PCB cannot regular what he eats when he is on his own in off season or while playing other leagues, but I just can’t wrap my head around why and how he is unable to lose weight while he is with the Pakistan team for a prolonged period.

He is physically far more active than your regular obese person. He has been with the Pakistan management for almost two months now.

That is more than enough time to shed some of the excess kilos. My question is - what is his diet these days and why can’t the Pakistan team management regulate what he eats?

With his active lifestyle, he can lose a bit of weight in no time with a proper diet plan. I can understand if PCB cannot regular what he eats when he is on his own in off season or while playing other leagues, but I just can’t wrap my head around why and how he is unable to lose weight while he is with the Pakistan team for a prolonged period.

He made his T20I debut in 2021. He has had nearly 3 years to get in shape. Plenty of time to recomp his body.

I have Azam Khan on video walking into the hotel at around 11 PM with a bag of burgers, night before the match on Tuesday.

This is nothing, another guest at the hotel showed me a video of the previous day, and same thing, Azam Khan walking into the hotel with a bag of burgers.

Azam Khan is not interested in playing Cricket for Pakistan, if he was, he would control his diet - which he clearly refuses to do.

He made his T20I debut in 2021. He has had nearly 3 years to get in shape. Plenty of time to recomp his body.
He probably consumes 3,000+ calories when he is on his own, but he has been with the Pakistan team since PSL ended almost 3 months ago and yet he hasn’t lost a pound. It is unbelievable.

I have Azam Khan on video walking into the hotel at around 11 PM with a bag of burgers, night before the match on Tuesday.

This is nothing, another guest at the hotel showed me a video of the previous day, and same thing, Azam Khan walking into the hotel with a bag of burgers.

Azam Khan is not interested in playing Cricket for Pakistan, if he was, he would control his diet - which he clearly refuses to do.
This makes a lot of sense, but you have to ask questions of the team management as well. How can they let this happen?

Your diet, your sleeping schedule, supplements, medications etc. everything is monitored when you are part of the group while playing for preparing for a tournament, while Azam is sneaking in junk food to his hotel room without consequences.

Absolute shambles all-round. The only hope is that someone like Kirsten can put his foot down and beat him into shape or send him home.

He has been part of professionally run sports teams throughout his coaching career and he must be scratching his head already.

This makes a lot of sense, but you have to ask questions of the team management as well. How can they let this happen?

Your diet, your sleeping schedule, supplements, medications etc. everything is monitored when you are part of the group while playing for preparing for a tournament, while Azam is sneaking in junk food to his hotel room without consequences.

Absolute shambles all-round. The only hope is that someone like Kirsten can put his foot down and beat him into shape or send him home.

He has been part of professionally run sports teams throughout his coaching career and he must be scratching his head already.
Doesn't work. Get any coach, any set up, unless you take azam khan to prison and give solitary confinement it won't work.

It start with the mind, nothing you can do when azam doesn't see anything wrong with his weight. Dude has an interview on YouTube where he thinks he's an extremely atheletic wicket keeper.

The problem is all leagues apart from the big bash are there to squeeze players balls - it’s garbage cricket and it gives birth to players like Azam khan that think they are something special…

Doesn't work. Get any coach, any set up, unless you take azam khan to prison and give solitary confinement it won't work.

It start with the mind, nothing you can do when azam doesn't see anything wrong with his weight. Dude has an interview on YouTube where he thinks he's an extremely atheletic wicket keeper.
You can’t force people but you can subject them to consequences and disciplinary action. I’m amazing that the Pakistan management is okay with Azam not watching his diet even when he is part of the Pakistan team.

I would blame them as much as I would blame him. This includes Babar, the coaching staff and everyone else. Someone like Kirsten would be answerable soon enough as well.

He can’t take about professionalism and integrity if he won’t have the courage to put his foot down. It is impossible for a coach of his experience and profile to not be bemused by what he is seeing with Azam.

You can’t force people but you can subject them to consequences and disciplinary action. I’m amazing that the Pakistan management is okay with Azam not watching his diet even when he is part of the Pakistan team.

I would blame them as much as I would blame him. This includes Babar, the coaching staff and everyone else. Someone like Kirsten would be answerable soon enough as well.

He can’t take about professionalism and integrity if he won’t have the courage to put his foot down. It is impossible for a coach of his experience and profile to not be bemused by what he is seeing with Azam.
I said this at the start, Kristen is here for a paycheck, revive Bradman from the dead and have him coach if you want. Won't change a damn thing.

This guy is in the team because of moin Khan and exploitation in league cricket whereas in reality only big bash league is a proper league every other league including IPL is curated to allow for entertainment and money. Indian players become good through the ranji trophy, not because of IPL.

But pcb always does this. As soon as azam started smacking 110kph trundlers I knew he booked his spot for wc. Pcb sees one go go ga ga innings and starts going cloud 9 mode. Any proper data analyst can tell this man can't play pace or spin or keep. He can only hit 110kph medium pacers and league bully but that's about it.

As for his weight, management doesn't care, whole god damn team got fat in 2023, why would 2024 be different? These boys were not ready for Kakul nor are they fully fit even now.

Imagine Imran khan Wasim akram Miandad molesting an ice cream like that on the eve of 92 World Cup final

Attachments

• d54bbb36-d4aa-48c0-b678-5647fceeaf47.jpeg
    d54bbb36-d4aa-48c0-b678-5647fceeaf47.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 48
I just finished watching the film Challengers which showed how strict and disciplined the life and diet of a modern day athlete needs to be to perform at the highest level.

So what were the selectors smoking when they included Azam Khan into the WC squad?? It's the year 2024 and not 1984 but even then, I cannot remember someone so unfit being allowed into the international team.

If the Pakistan team likes having Azam Khan around, then why not have him as the team mascot. Man doesn't even need a costume!

As shocking as it sounds, diet is something that is not monitored when it comes to the Pakistani team. A few years back when the team came to England, I had dinner with some of the boys including Shaheen, Fakhar and Asif Ali. We went to an Afghan takeaway restaurant where the boys ate greasy, oily processed absolute filth. What’s more, they proudly told me that it was not their first time eating at the restaurant, as it was conveniently located near the team hotel.

When I challenged the boys on this, in a polite way of course, Shaheen piped up and got defensive - he said it’s fine for me to criticise their food when I’ve had the luxury of eating all day, whilst they’ve eaten hardly anything and been in the gym all day.

This attitude explains a lot about Pakistani cricket. Why is it that despite apparently having so much “talent”, we get taken to the cleaners by just about every decent side in the world? It’s because whilst other teams are made up of professionals who are serious about their game, our team is made up of uneducated boys who are more interested in fame, money and their instagram stories as opposed to professional success. It explains why Azam Khan couldn’t care less about controlling his weight. It explains why almost every promising Pakistani cricketer seems to get progressively worse over time whilst others improve their game. It explains why we are constantly being outclassed by every other half decent team.

I was listening on the radio while driving. The BBC commentators were extremely gentle and professional when he was struggling to do the basics of his wicketkeeper role. Talking about pressure and a lack of confidence (etc) and did not mention his weight even once.

I understand that these are different times now, and the polite thing to do is look past physical appearances, but on this occasion it felt like there needed to be some room to call a spade a spade.

Did you see the easy catches and stops he missed today? He doesn’t even pretend to be a national player, forget about everything else. If you look at the crowd when he missed those easy catches, you would notice they burst into a laughter.

Pakistan cricket, like the country, has become the butt of jokes.

Did you see the easy catches and stops he missed today? He doesn’t even pretend to be a national player, forget about everything else. If you look at the crowd when he missed those easy catches, you would notice they burst into a laughter.

Pakistan cricket, like the country, has become the butt of jokes.
Mate, I've said it before and I will say it again, our acc team captained by Muhammad haris won the acc cup and thrashed a near full strength Afghanistan team and Sri lanka team while our main string needed to bat out of their skin to beat Sri lanka and got thrashed by Afghanistan black and blue.

Lads in domestic are superior to our current set up because these boys come from poverty, they play life and limb and look for any local coach to improve, they do this because they wish to be rich and famous and play in international. Its either making it or they die in poverty.

Players like qasim akram, zafar gohar are far far far better then shadab ever can possibly hope to be.

This current set up is filled with nepotsitic selections, where each player is here for a crew club, azam khan especially carrying big burgers 24/7 in his hotel room and these morons making so many tik tok videos on end.

It's a genuine joke team and these posters claiming this is our strongest team and the only one we have. Haha. This team loses to our domestic players 5-0, no question.

One is a team that can win asia cups against near full strength teams excluding india which chose their d string. The other Is headed for a group stage knockout

I just finished watching the film Challengers which showed how strict and disciplined the life and diet of a modern day athlete needs to be to perform at the highest level.

So what were the selectors smoking when they included Azam Khan into the WC squad?? It's the year 2024 and not 1984 but even then, I cannot remember someone so unfit being allowed into the international team.

If the Pakistan team likes having Azam Khan around, then why not have him as the team mascot. Man doesn't even need a costume!

The standard of Pakistan cricket are so abhorrent, it literally won’t surprise me if Azam Khan took a cigarette out of his pocket and started smoking in the middle of the match.

The standard of Pakistan cricket are so abhorrent, it literally won’t surprise me if Azam Khan took a cigarette out of his pocket and started smoking in the middle of the match.
Well actually, Imad Wasim has already done that. But you know what they say, imitation is..

Guys can’t blame Azam Khan here.

He’s just a player. He thinks he’s the best out there like any other cricketer.

The blame is on who got him into the team.

GRAB THAT GUY OR GUYS NOW.

Kick them away from Pakistan cricket as soon as possible if you want us to progress. Even if it’s Babar Azam strip him off captaincy ASAP / he was never a decent captain to begin with.

Do it to move forward and progress.

Else keep crying because his lobby won’t go away.

Guys can’t blame Azam Khan here.

He’s just a player. He thinks he’s the best out there like any other cricketer.

The blame is on who got him into the team.

GRAB THAT GUY OR GUYS NOW.

Kick them away from Pakistan cricket as soon as possible if you want us to progress. Even if it’s Babar Azam strip him off captaincy ASAP / he was never a decent captain to begin with.

Do it to move forward and progress.

Else keep crying because his lobby won’t go away.
Does he look like a player to you ?

Does he look like a player to you ?
No.

And that’s even more shocking - the person who got him into the team, how did HE think Azam Khan is a player?

Investigate.

How he got into the team?

Who is behind it?

What are we doing to punish him?

When I Joined PP, I was a youngster, playing a variety of sports myself as a hobby. Then I got married, had a Son, who was very obese till about two years back. Then I took charge, made him sweat & the kid lost 15 KG's in last one year alone. I could sense the improvement in his breathing & overall health. I am not a professional athlete myself, yet I made my son understand the importance of being lean & fit, in spite of knowing well that my Son has no plans of being a professional sportsperson himself.

Now coming to Azam Khan, I remember very well how fit Moin Khan was in his youth, apart from being a clutch player. Wonder how he could never inculcate the habit of being fit in his own Son, knowing well that his Son aspired to be a International Cricket player? I know Desi parents feel that feeding their kids like there's no tomorrow is a sign of love, however turning your kids obese is like a curse in the larger scheme of life.

I generally avoid posting these days as Life has taken many turns but couldn't resist after watching Azam struggle last night. The guy must be dropped to put him out of his misery.

When I Joined PP, I was a youngster, playing a variety of sports myself as a hobby. Then I got married, had a Son, who was very obese till about two years back. Then I took charge, made him sweat & the kid lost 15 KG's in last one year alone. I could sense the improvement in his breathing & overall health. I am not a professional athlete myself, yet I made my son understand the importance of being lean & fit, in spite of knowing well that my Son has no plans of being a professional sportsperson himself.

Now coming to Azam Khan, I remember very well how fit Moin Khan was in his youth, apart from being a clutch player. Wonder how he could never inculcate the habit of being fit in his own Son, knowing well that his Son aspired to be a International Cricket player? I know Desi parents feel that feeding their kids like there's no tomorrow is a sign of love, however turning your kids obese is like a curse in the larger scheme of life.

I generally avoid posting these days as Life has taken many turns but couldn't resist after watching Azam struggle last night. The guy must be dropped to put him out of his misery.
You don't know Punjabi mothers and their incontestable love for their sons, Moin Khan doesn't stand a chance. Maa da ladla!

Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt criticized keeper-batter Azam Khan for his poor fitness and performance, as said on his YouTube channel:

“Everything related to Azam Khan will be criticized whenever he doesn’t perform. This is because what he presents is open to criticism. He invites criticism with the kind of fitness he carries. He had problems against the short ball.”

"People are going to speak about him. The way he got out today, his eyes were closed while facing the short ball, and then his wicketkeeping. His fitness is always going to be under the scanner. I think he has to decide on his career. He should work on his fitness, otherwise, it is going to be very difficult for him to play.”

Wahab Riaz dropped Haris for this guy

One of the worst cricketer around
Haris pulled and scoped the likes of Nortje and Rabada at the WT20. On his debut. He is a different breed when it comes to mentality.

Not surprised he couldn't fit in with the likes of Wahab and co.

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall Humpty Dumpty had a great fall - all the king barbers mates and kings backup could not put Humpty Dumpty back together again…..

Haris pulled and scoped the likes of Nortje and Rabada at the WT20. On his debut. He is a different breed when it comes to mentality.

Not surprised he couldn't fit in with the likes of Wahab and co.
Haris has himself for performing worse than this fat slob in the PSL.

Has so much talent but is wasting it by being dumb.

I would replace Azam with Asif or Haris immediately though. He has no business playing international cricket.

Haris has himself for performing worse than this fat slob in the PSL.

Has so much talent but is wasting it by being dumb.

I would replace Azam with Asif or Haris immediately though. He has no business playing international cricket.
Haris performed better in International Cricket than Azam Khan.

If PSL is what you want then sure. Continue with Azam

Is it possible to drop Azam Khan from the WC squad now that it’s been announced?

I think we should roll the dice and open with kungfu panda - his no good any where else, he might as well open with him and let him swing from those love handle - his selected got to make use of him some how….

As shocking as it sounds, diet is something that is not monitored when it comes to the Pakistani team. A few years back when the team came to England, I had dinner with some of the boys including Shaheen, Fakhar and Asif Ali. We went to an Afghan takeaway restaurant where the boys ate greasy, oily processed absolute filth. What’s more, they proudly told me that it was not their first time eating at the restaurant, as it was conveniently located near the team hotel.

When I challenged the boys on this, in a polite way of course, Shaheen piped up and got defensive - he said it’s fine for me to criticise their food when I’ve had the luxury of eating all day, whilst they’ve eaten hardly anything and been in the gym all day.

This attitude explains a lot about Pakistani cricket. Why is it that despite apparently having so much “talent”, we get taken to the cleaners by just about every decent side in the world? It’s because whilst other teams are made up of professionals who are serious about their game, our team is made up of uneducated boys who are more interested in fame, money and their instagram stories as opposed to professional success. It explains why Azam Khan couldn’t care less about controlling his weight. It explains why almost every promising Pakistani cricketer seems to get progressively worse over time whilst others improve their game. It explains why we are constantly being outclassed by every other half decent team.
I think the odd treat here and there isn't going to kill them. Guys like Shaheen are obviously in good shape so not comparable to Azam Khan who has let himself go.

The guy is obese, of course he can't play the short ball against pace.

This is common sense.

Any quality bowler and captain will work this out after doing a few minutes of scouting. He is physically at a serious disadvantage to play those types of delivery due to the technique it demands from the batsman.

This is common sense.

Any quality bowler and captain will work this out after doing a few minutes of scouting. He is physically at a serious disadvantage to play those types of delivery due to the technique it demands from the batsman.
Why do you think that opposition can work it out in a few mins but the following couldn't:

Shaheen Shah as captain
The Interior Minister
Pak Army Trainers
Wahab Riaz
Yousuf
Asad Shadow
Azhar Mahmood
Babar Azam

All of the above have given him the stamp of approval

This is common sense.

He cant play spin as well.

You don’t like Umar Akmal

You don’t like Asif Ali

You don’t like Khushdil Shah

You don’t like Iftikhar Ahmed

You don’t like Azam Khan now

You will probably not like Salman Agha as well when he strikes at 110 with his lack of power game

So what’s the solution?

You don’t think Harris is good enough

You won’t wanna hear the name of Anwar Ali for this role

You’ll probably realise you were all wrong to have expectations from Irfan Niazi

You’ll probably lose hope in Jahandad Khan

You all don’t really rate Aamer Jamal

So who do you want to play in this position??

Back