[Videos] Naseem Shah's performance watch post injury

Another overhyped, fragile mental midget. He has done all he could to bottle the final and help Multan win, but Multan is on a third successive bottling mission.
I also initially felt he was rubbish, but of late, he has improved his bowling. He looks much better than before.

I also initially felt he was rubbish, but of late, he has improved his bowling. He looks much better than before.
He cannot take wickets which means he has no impact. Shaheen is clear. Also, you know he is overrated when his batting cameos are more memorable and impactful than his bowling spells.

People are going to forget, but Naseem Shah was one of the big stars of this match.

In his first 3 overs he only gave up 9 runs which massively built up the pressure and helped all of the other bowlers. Additionally, the 17 off 9 was a match winning batting contribution.

People are going to forget, but Naseem Shah was one of the big stars of this match.

In his first 3 overs he only gave up 9 runs which massively built up the pressure and helped all of the other bowlers. Additionally, the 17 off 9 was a match winning batting contribution.
He was terrible. His no-ball in the first over could have proved very costly. In addition, his last over choke brought Multan back in the game.

I would have given 1/10 for his performance tonight, but based on the couple of fluke hits, I can upgrade him to 3/10.

He was terrible. His no-ball in the first over could have proved very costly. In addition, his last over choke brought Multan back in the game.

I would have given 1/10 for his performance tonight, but based on the couple of fluke hits, I can upgrade him to 3/10.
Very generous rating. Could you not go any lower

Why does every Pakistan player to feature for Pakistan since 2019 want to be a Bollywood hero??

What was this idiot thinking refusing Imad’s 2 run call on the first ball of the over???

Why does every Pakistan player to feature for Pakistan since 2019 want to be a Bollywood hero??

What was this idiot thinking refusing Imad’s 2 run call on the first ball of the over???
He made a mistake but considering he was batting way faster than Imad was it, it worked out

A fluke hit would be top edging it over the boundary for 6, not middling one over square for 80+ metres.

He’s done it multiple times, he’s a clutch lower order batsman. He’s even won more games for Pakistan with the bat than Saeed Anwar’s prodigy.

He made a mistake but considering he was batting way faster than Imad was it, it worked out
It’s still extremely poor game awareness. He should have known Imad is the one that has worked his way into this innings and is now the batsman in control.

IU very lucky that Muhammad Ali didn’t just pick up 3 poles and won them the game against the 9, 10, 11

It’s still extremely poor game awareness. He should have known Imad is the one that has worked his way into this innings and is now the batsman in control.

IU very lucky that Muhammad Ali didn’t just pick up 3 poles and won them the game against the 9, 10, 11
Yeah I agree, it was a mistake. Glad it worked out though, Naseem has a weird knack for somehow always finishing chases off

Yeah I agree, it was a mistake. Glad it worked out though, Naseem has a weird knack for somehow always finishing chases off
Imad gave him a right mouthful of obscenities

He knew exactly what Naseem was thinking. He wants to be the the Akshay Kumar of the moment

Imad gave him a right mouthful of obscenities

He knew exactly what Naseem was thinking. He wants to be the the Akshay Kumar of the moment
I don’t think he did it so he could try to win the game, I think he just made a mistake of not running the second.

A fluke hit would be top edging it over the boundary for 6, not middling one over square for 80+ metres.

He’s done it multiple times, he’s a clutch lower order batsman. He’s even won more games for Pakistan with the bat than Saeed Anwar’s prodigy.
He is not a clutch lower order batsman. He is a tailender and an overrated bowler whose reputation and hype are significantly greater than his actual output.

You know his fans are clutching at straws when they’re talking about his batting when he has done nothing for Pakistan as a bowler which is his main job.

In a post-match interview following the thrilling final of PSL 9, Naseem Shah said:

"I can't breathe properly right now but obviously that was a beautiful match. The crowd was also so entertaining and that is the beauty of the final which comes to an end on the last ball. Right now, I can't describe my feeling to you; I can better assess it later on."

"I always practice batting too because usually, I come to bat in tense situations so I always focus on it as well. You know, at this situation coming to bat and finishing the game is a big thing."

"Yeah, I mostly practice hitting sixes in a net session and when it gets implemented in this situation so it's worth doing practice for it."

"With Imad Wasim, I had the same conversation that keep believing in yourself and I am standing with you, and we can do it."

In a TV show, Wasim Akram discussed Naseem Shah's crucial cameo in the PSL Final, he said:

"He [Naseem Shah] takes his batting very seriously and if he works a little bit on playing the short ball, he could be a very useful number 8 batter in the T20 format."

Based on current form he is the best bowler in Pakistan right now. It's really impressive how consistent his line and length has gotten.

I think our overhyped players are getting exposed in this series. In the 3rd T20I against this weak New Zealand side, Naseem Shah has an economy rate of 10.50 so far

He’s going to be fine. He’s a great bowler, I don’t know how his career will end up, but writing him off after a random bilateral T20 match against New Zealand makes no sense.

He’s going to be fine. He’s a great bowler, I don’t know how his career will end up, but writing him off after a random bilateral T20 match against New Zealand makes no sense.
He needs to reduce his weight, this is the only reason of sudden decline in his perfromace.

Always was and always will be massively overrated. He is very average.

Are you satisfied that Babar Azam didn't bring Naseem Shah for the 5th T20I against New Zealand?

During a media interaction, Naseem Shah shed light on his preparation for the upcoming ICC T20I World Cup 2024:

"Obviously, participating in a World Cup is a dream of every player, and InshaAllah, my aim is to play good cricket there.

When you participate in a tournament, the focus is always to win that tournament, and every match is equally important for us, as is the match against India.

Because winning only against India doesn't help us achieve our target. Our target is to play good cricket against all teams and to qualify for the final.

Alhamdulillah, I'm feeling well. It had been quite a long time before I played matches in this year's PSL, so it helped me gain rhythm.

I also played matches in the New Zealand series. So as I play more matches, my body is getting much better, and I'm getting the same good feeling as I used to feel before the injury."

Ahead of the National cricket team tour of Ireland, England and the ICC T20I World Cup, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi presented special green shirt to Naseem Shah for taking 100 wickets in T20 format.

B6OCaWk.png

Warwickshire County Cricket Club Chief Executive, Stuart Cain, expressed his desire to see Naseem Shah perform for Birmingham Phoenix in The Hundred during an interview with a Pakistani media outlet:

“Fingers crossed; we think he's worth every penny. We did what we did because we think Naseem Shah is a world class player and if you look at some of the stats we think he’s one of the best bowlers around at the moment and signing him for the Phoenix and putting along with people like Will Smeed and Moeen Ali etc. we think we got a really exciting team this year. We're just looking forward to August when hopefully they will be playing in front of a packed Edgbaston.”

Naseem Shah is looking in good touch, though in the broadcast, they are not showing the speed of the ball. But I guess the pace is decent, although he is struggling to bowl bouncers.

He will be very lucky to get injured and ruled out of the England series. They will bring him down to earth

He will be very lucky to get injured and ruled out of the England series. They will bring him down to earth
I’m not even trolling here.

The way he bowled his first 2 overs. That was absolutely pathetic bowling. It was like Naseem pre CPL grooming by Dwayne Bravo…

If he’s going to bowl like this…be ready for an economy of 15 runs per over against England

Naseem has not impressed at all during this tour - bad news for the World Cup.

Naseem has not impressed at all during this tour - bad news for the World Cup.
Agreed.

Down on pace and just not sticking to that typical line and length.

Needs to do better, if he goes for runs our attack looks very one-dimensional.

Don't forget he's the youngest fastest bowler in the world. Will get more experienced with time. At 15-16 years of age you get couple of such performances. :inti

Naseem T20 career stats:
Wickets: 19
Average: 34.94
Econ: 7.70

Post-Injury:
Overs: 15
Wickets: 4
Average: 36
Econ: 9.60

His economy post-injury has been horrid. I'm actually shocked that his T20I average has been so poor even before his injury.

Naseem T20 career stats:
Wickets: 19
Average: 34.94
Econ: 7.70

Post-Injury:
Overs: 15
Wickets: 4
Average: 36
Econ: 9.60

His economy post-injury has been horrid. I'm actually shocked that his T20I average has been so poor even before his injury.
He was never a good T20 bowler!

As you will notice in T20 cricket he never changes his lines and lengths as he usually bowl in longer formats but in T20 you can't be that predictable.

He needs to try variations otherwise Pakistan has a long list of bowlers waiting in line.

Naseem Shah has been dropped by the Pakistani side in the 3rd T20I against Ireland for Hasan Ali. Is it a fair decision?

No idea who told Naseem Shah that he is a T20 bowler

Last edited:
He is overweight but no one in the management team and Babar have the courage to tell this basic fact. There should be no belly on a fast bowler. This has been the case for 3 months but no one has even mentioned it.

He should have feigned an injury

Now he has been brutally exposed by England batters

Only player who can hold his head up high with bat and ball today.

Guy was hitting the ball better than our so called PSL Bradmans.

He has shown intent to win the game and played better strokes than the useless chacha. He should have been sent instead of chacha to finish the game.

Screenshot_20240610_005009_Instagram.jpg

Naseem Shah, flowers for you.

You played for the country, not for reputation. You put your heart out there. Shame on his peers letting him down.

Another good day in office for Naseem Shah as he bags a wicket in 3 overs with some decent figures of 1/15.

New Zealand’s right-arm pacer Tim Southee replaced his Pakistan counterpart Naseem Shah in the Birmingham Phoenix squad for this year’s edition of The Hundred

Last week, Naseem was denied a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to participate in The Hundred in order to manage his workload.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Zealand’s right-arm pacer Tim Southee replaced his Pakistan counterpart Naseem Shah in the Birmingham Phoenix squad for this year’s edition of The Hundred

Last week, Naseem was denied a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to participate in The Hundred in order to manage his workload.
Dont know why Naseem shah not granted permission to play in The Hundred, he has hardly played any foreign leagues this year.

Maybe effect of the major surgery. lol

England all-rounder disappointed over Naseem’s unavailability for The Hundred

England all-rounder Moeen Ali expressed his disappointment over Naseem Shah’s unavailability for The Hundred 2024, scheduled to run from July 23 to August 24.

Moeen Ali, who was named Birmingham Phoenix captain last week, claimed that Naseem Shah was their first-choice pacer and was anticipated to deliver notable performances to the side.

He further revealed that the Pakistan pacer’s absence has damaged the team’s balance before reiterating that a player should be free to play cricket if there are no obligations.

For the unversed, Naseem Shah, who was signed by the Phoenix in the £125,000 category, was denied the No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

According to the details, the cricketing body made the decision in a bid to prevent Naseem from potential injuries and to ensure his workload management as he is Pakistan’s first-choice pacer in all three formats.

A Sports

Naseem Shah's brilliant spell helped Pakistan Shaheens to bundle out the opposition on 122 in the first Innings. His figures were 3/24.

Naseem Shah's brilliant spell helped Pakistan Shaheens to bundle out the opposition on 122 in the first Innings. His figures were 3/24.

I can't get over the fact that he's playing for Pakistan-A loll

I'm glad he's playing though and not showing attitude issues. I feel that many other players of his stature would refuse to play for the A-team due to their big egos.

TBH Babar should play for the Shaheens as well tbh. he hasn't hit a century in almost a year.

Naseem Shah Naseem Shah speaks on his impressive red-ball return:

"I’m playing red-ball cricket after almost a year and obviously it's a bit tough initially but my body is gradually getting used to it which is good as it will prepare me for the upcoming Test matches."

"In red-ball cricket it's crucial to maintain disciplined bowling, so I am trying to bowl long spells to help my body adapt. I plan to continue this approach in the future to achieve better results."

"Overall, it was a good performance from all the boys. Special credit goes to Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali, leg-spinner Ramiz and Umair Amin, they all bowled exceptionally well."

Naseem Shah made progress in the latest ICC's Test cricket rankings, moving up to 37th place. Notably, the 21-year-old has surpassed Barbadian player Kyle Mayers, who is now ranked 38th.

Bowling a wonderful spell against Bangladesh in the 1st test match and his tight line and length earned him his 1st wicket of the match, courtesy of a brilliant catch behind the stumps by rizwan.

Bowling a wonderful spell against Bangladesh in the 1st test match and his tight line and length earned him his 1st wicket of the match, courtesy of a brilliant catch behind the stumps by rizwan.
I have seen the action today but was bitterly disappointed by his lack of aggression yesterday.

Thankfully he is still able to bowl 140+ in this heat especially after his nasty injury that kept him out for months.
On the other hand, Shaheen seems to have given up all hope to improve his pace now.

Naseem Shah is the only strike bowler we have in our squad who knows the techniques for creating opportunities for wickets. He shone for Pakistan in the 1st Test and first innings against Bangladesh, taking three crucial wickets and managing to gain figures of 3/93 at an economy rate of 3.38.

Why Shan Masood as a captain rested Naseem Shah despite the fact that he was completely fit?

Thoughts of Shan Masood below:

I think you have to build stocks when it comes to fast bowling. We played 3 fast bowlers in this match and lost Mohammad Ali in the 1st Innings and Khurram Shahzad in the 2nd Innings. Unfortunately if I had it my way, I mean if I had the second opportunity then I would have split (playing with) Naseem and Shaheen between the two Tests. We have to be fair to both of them. Shaheen has played a lot of cricket in past years and Naseem has just come back from an injury and the last Test he played was against New Zealand in Karachi. So you have to look at the overall health of players and the big picture with a lot of matches coming ahead. Like we have domestic cups coming, then England Test matches, then series against South Africa and West Indies Test matches.

And then we also thought about keeping Naseem in the 12-man squad. We would have gone with 4 pacers in this Test too but then we decided against it and picked Mir Hamza over Naseem because of absence of Shaheen Afridi we were missing a left angle bowler in the side. So it is never easy to rest your two premier bowlers but we also thought about grooming other fast bowlers and how would you groom them without throwing them into the international circuit. So when you throw Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali and Khurram into the international circuit then that is the only way to develop them (for future challen

Back