[VIDEOS] Nawaz Sharif homecoming - the prodigal son returns

daytrader

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Deposed prime minister and proclaimed offender Nawaz Sharif returned to Pakistan on Saturday afternoon after spending four years in self-imposed exile for medical treatment.

The PML-N supremo’s legal team including former law minister Senator Azam Tarar and party leaders are present at the airport to receive him.

Tarar said Nawaz will be consulted on political and legal issues upon his arrival, adding that the ex-premier will head to the VIP lounge after landing.

He confirmed that the court staff also reached the airport and now “the legal process of security guarantee will be completed”.

Ex-deputy mayor Zeeshan Naqvi was also present at the airport along with the oath commissioner for signing legal documents. The legal team of Nawaz will go inside the plane to take his biometrics and signatures.

Before boarding his flight, Nawaz said he was “happy to return”. He is likely to face a host of legal challenges before embarking on his election campaign to rev up his party’s prospects in the lead-up to elections due in Jan next year.

Party leader Ishaq Dar said Nawaz would arrive at Minar-i-Pakistan at 5pm today on schedule to address the gathering.

“On a media channel, there is news that Mian Nawaz Sharif will first go to Jati Umra and will later go to Minar-i-Pakistan at 7pm. This news is not true,” he said in a post on X (formerly Twitter).

The special flight carrying former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has landed at Islamabad airport. The chartered flight, FZ-4525, faced a delay, as per civil aviation officials.

The flight landed in Islamabad at 1:45pm instead of the earlier schedule of 12:30pm.

Nawaz had boarded the chartered flight at the Dubai International Airport to fly back home on a special plane. A number of PML-N leaders as well as singer Waris Baig accompanied their chief on the plane.

A legal and political team of PML-N leaders is present at the Islamabad airport's VIP lounge to hold a meeting with party supremo Nawaz Sharif upon his landing. Nawaz’s lawyers have obtained his signatures on legal documents. Azam Nazeer Tarar and Amjad Pervaiz were tasked with completing the documents. Former finance minister Ishaq Dar was also present at the airport to receive Nawaz Sharif.

Source: Samaa​

5000 rps, food and new clothes on offer if you attend. No wonder they crashed the economy to make people poor and then force them to attend this sort of crap to feed their families. A mafia state led by criminal judges, establishment and a bhagora.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy who allowed him to run away rots in jail in adyalla. This is what you get for being the establishment's chamcha

The guy who allowed him to run away rots in jail in adyalla. This is what you get for being the army's chamcha
Establisment played chess with everyone.

Nawaz Sharif completes immigration process at Islamabad Airport

Source: ARY

The former interior minister Rana Sanaullah Khan has said that Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) supremo and former premier Nawaz Sharif would lead Pakistan towards prosperity and development as he is coming back with new hope.

In a statement, the former minister said that Nawaz Sharif would become an ideology to change the destiny of the country as he also played his role in the past. He said Nawaz Sharif also played a role to make Pakistan an atomic power.

In 2013, he said the country was facing the terrorism and electricity crisis and now economic woes are hitting Pakistan which was a result of a four-year stint of a party. In our sixteen-month long interim setup, he said they had saved country from the verge of default and Nawaz Sharif would improve the situation with his performance.

A large number of people from every corner of the country will reach the Greater Iqbal Park to welcome their leader, he added.

Source: Dunya News

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's aircraft has taken off from Islamabad airport for Lahore, where he will lead his homecoming rally - local media.

Source: Arab News

So, he had to wait for Faiz Isa to become CJP just to come back to his country, Sherrrrrrrr

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's aircraft lands in Lahore - local media.

Source: Arab News Pakistan

Nawaz Sharif touches down in Lahore, set to make way for Minar-i-Pakistan for rally.

Source: Dawn

1697891688208.png

CCPO Lahore saluted Nawaz Sharif as soon as he got off the helicopter

Source: Neo News

1697892885965.png

This is the happiest day of my life. I would like to congratulate everyone here on Pakpassion over my Quaid's homecoming.

I'm watching the rally live and their are almost 4 million there. By the looks of it. It's jam-packed.

InshaAllah this is the start of a new hope for Pakistan.

The return of a mafia criminal and abscounder like Nawaz Sharif has certified Pakistan and its handlers as the most shameless institution in entire history of the world.

Pakistan has literally become "for the corrupt, by the corrupt and of the corrupt".

Pathetic state to its deepest core.

This is the happiest day of my life. I would like to congratulate everyone here on Pakpassion over my Quaid's homecoming.

I'm watching the rally live and their are almost 4 million there. By the looks of it. It's jam-packed.

No wonder you can't a job if you maths is so bad.

The wounds are so severe that it will take time to heal, there is no desire for revenge in my heart." Nawaz Sharif's announcement.

Nawaz Sharif during his speech at Jalsagah today:

"As much as you love me, I love you so much, I have forgotten my sorrows and pains by seeing your love."

Whenever I came from outside, my mother and wife used to welcome me, today that house will not be there to welcome me."

"Clinton offered me $5 billion but I turned it down."

"Who fired Nawaz Sharif because he didn't let the dollar move?"

Deposed prime minister and proclaimed offender Nawaz Sharif, who returned to Pakistan today after spending four years in self-imposed exile, said he has “no wish for revenge” and stressed on beginning a “new journey” towards growth.

“There are some wounds that take time to heal, but I have no wish for revenge. Nawaz Sharif only wishes for the well-being of the people,” he said during an address at his homecoming rally in Lahore.

The elder Sharif arrived in Islamabad in the afternoon, where he completed legal and biometric formalities. His chartered plane landed in the capital city with more than 150 people from his party and media organisations, the PML-N said.

Observers say the reason Nawaz arrived in Islamabad first was that his touchdown in the capital was necessary to make bail, earlier granted by the Islamabad High Court on Oct 19.

After completing the formalities, Nawaz left for Lahore on his plane and reached his hometown a little after 5pm. He was welcomed by his younger brother Shehbaz Sharif and other party leaders at the airport. Nawaz was then flown to Lahore Fort on helicopter.

He then offered Maghreb prayers at the Lahore Fort with Shehbaz, Ishaq Dar and other party leaders before making his way to the Minar-i-Pakistan. Upon arrival, a visibly emotional Nawaz embraced his daughter Maryam and greeted other party leaders on stage.

At the outset of his speech, the PML-N supremo said: “I am meeting you today after several years, but my relationship of love with you is the same.

“There is no difference in this relationship. The love I am seeing in your eyes, I am proud of it.”

Nawaz said he never betrayed his supporters nor did he shy away from any kind of sacrifice. He recalled how “fake cases” were framed against him and his party leaders. “But no one abandoned the PML-N flag.”

“Tell me, who separated Nawaz Sharif from his nation? We are those who built Pakistan. We made Pakistan an atomic power. We brought an end to loadshedding,” he said, highlighting how he produced and provided “cheap” electricity to the people.

Responding to the crowd cheering, Nawaz said: “I know you want to hear that I love you too.”

“Today, trust me, after seeing your love, I have forgotten all my grief and pain. I don’t even want to remember. But, there are some wounds that can’t ever heal.”

Nawaz, in a quivering voice, said how he had lost his mother and wife “to politics”. He recalled how he couldn’t pay his final respects to his mother, father or wife, despite repeated requests to the jail superintendent in his wife’s case.

“I kept thinking about how difficult could it possibly be for him to just arrange a phone call. After 2.5 hours, his number 2 man came and told me that my wife has passed away,” the deposed PM said, adding that he had stopped them from giving Maryam the news.

“What would she have gone through […] this is our own country, I am a true Pakistani, the love for Pakistan is in my chest,” he said.

Nawaz further recalled the impediments he faced at the time of making Pakistan an atomic power. “There will be record present in the Foreign Office that Clinton offered me $5bn […] this happened in 1999 […] I could have been offered $1 or 2 billion too, but I was born in the land of Pakistan and this did not permit me to accept what is against Pakistan’s favour.

“Tell me, if someone else would have been in my place — you know who — could he have said this to the American president? So, do we get punished for this? Are verdicts announced against us for this reason?” he said.

Nawaz compared how roti and petrol cost way higher today as compared to when he was in power. “Was I ousted for this reason? What is this decision? You are the public, you tell, do you agree with this decision?”

The PML-N supremo lamented how the country was in a dire state today but at the same time vowed to redirect Pakistan to the path of growth.

He further stated that if Pakistan was run on his 1990 economic model, “not a single person would have been unemployed, there would be no such thing as poverty […] but today, the conditions are so bad that one has to think if they can feed their children or pay electricity bills”.

Nawaz clarified that these tough economic conditions weren’t created during the Shehbaz Sharif-led government but traced back to a long time.

“Is this why you ousted me? We were making Pakistan the Asian Tiger, we wanted to take Pakistan to G20,” he said, adding that dharnas were held during his tenure but he kept working for the public.

The PML-N supremo also waved two copies of electricity bills, which he claimed were from May 2016 and August 2022, and highlighted the exorbitant increase in them. “Was this done by Shehbaz Sharif? I am not defending him, I am presenting facts.”

At one point, Nawaz, in an apparent reference to incarcerated PTI Chairman Imran Khan, said he did not want to take names as per his upbringing and training.

Nawaz reiterated that he had forgotten the past after seeing the public’s love, but quoted a verse from Ghalib: “Zindagi apni kuch is shakal se guzri ghalib, hum bhi kya yaad karain gain k khuda rakhte they.”

During the address, Nawaz said PML-N was asked about its narrative. “Ask this from the Orange Line, ask this from Green Line, ask this from the motorway, ask our narrative from the Chagai atomic bombs, ask our narrative from the dollar rate, ask our narrative from our morals.”

The PML-N, he continued, was not among those who disrespected others. “And I believe that the difficulties the people of Pakistan are facing, we need to focus on the reasons and, according to the spirit of the Constitution, make a plan for the future together.”

He stressed that state institutions, politics and all the pillars of state needed to work together. “Everyone needs to come together to strengthen the Constitution and remove the disease that affects the country again and again.

“We need to begin a new journey,” Nawaz pointed out. “We need to decide on how we will get our lost position back, how we will have to run on double speed, how we will have to break the begging bowl forever, how we will have to stand on our feet […] how we will have to make a strong foreign policy and create good relations with the world.

“Even for the Kashmir solution, we will have to work in an honourable way.”

“I want to give a message to my youth that you aren’t here to spend your life in adverse ways, the path [forward] is difficult but not impossible,” he said, adding that the PML-N’s aim would be to bring ease to the people.

Nawaz, taking a dig at Imran without naming him, said he also carried prayer beads but doesn’t feel the need to show them in public.

Separately, addressing the rally earlier, Maryam described how the streets were packed in Lahore today to welcome Nawaz. Standing alongside her counsin and former Punjab chief minister Hamza Shehbaz, she asserted that those who talked about difference within the PML-N had been proven wrong.

Rallies from various regions of the country poured into Lahore, a party spokesperson said. Heavy police contingents were deployed to guard the rally’s venue, said police officer Ali Nasir Rizvi.

PTI terms Nawaz’s return ‘humiliation of nation’
PTI Spokesperson dubbed homecoming of PMLN supremo Nawaz Sharif as murder of justice and humiliation of the nation
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Spokesperson Raoof Hasan Saturday dubbed the homecoming of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PMLN) supremo Nawaz Sharif as the murder of justice and humiliation of the nation.

He said that Nawaz got bail within a few minutes by trampling the justice system. He claimed the former prime minister was given a special concession to materialise the notorious London Plan, as neither any judge had any health issue nor had any urgency to go on leave.

The PTI spokesperson said that “fragility of our judicial system” could be judged from the fact that a convicted person who escaped to London on a Rs50 stamp paper was granted bail without court appearance.

However, he recalled, contrary to it, the country’s most popular leader, implicated in nearly 200 false cases, was denied bail sans appearing in person in the court despite being injured.

The PTI spokesperson contended that the mothers and daughters of the nation, who have been imprisoned in jails for the last four months in fabricated and bogus cases, were looking towards honorable judges for justice against unjustified delay in the proceedings of their cases. He called the “wastage of the state resources worth billions of rupees” on reception of Nawaz an insult to the nation, adding that the warrant of the person who stole vehicles from Toshakhana was canceled without any objection.

The spokesperson said that it would be a joke with the country and the nation to pin hope of economic revival on those who build properties, palaces and factories abroad with the nation’s looted money. He alleged that the person, who was responsible for the country’s economic catastrophe during his three stints of rule including the last 17-month-long devastating government, was a national criminal.

Hasan said that ironically, at present, all the state system was busy in welcoming Nawaz who was not only disqualified for life but also convicted. He pointed out the PMLN supremo was offering free motorcycles, food and tickets to heaven to make himself acceptable but all such attempts proved an exercise of futility. He said that despite of political engineering and use of all the state machinery, those responsible for the destruction of the country would not find any place to hide to avoid the public wrath.

Meanwhile, PTI Secretary General Omar Ayub denounced the VVIP protocols being given to Nawaz, saying that one country and two constitutions were not acceptable to the people as a convict was being unjustly and unlawfully facilitated in everything. He said that Pakistan’s legal system has been completely destroyed by the PMLN, adding that Nawaz was being brought back on the pretext that he will ‘fix’ the country.

About Nawaz’s picture of biometrics at the airport, the PTI secretary general stated that one country, two constitutions! “This picture is not only of Nawaz Sharif’s biometrics, but of the funeral of Pakistan’s judicial system...,” he charged.

Pakistan Peoples Party leader Faisal Karim Kundi said that “if a decision had been made, then announce it” and asked what is the need to hold elections then.

Speaking on the Geo News programme Naya Pakistan, he said Nawaz Sharif should have talked about elections, but he did not. He alleged that the administration of Punjab had helped Nawaz Sharif. “The PMLN trampled the law today. It was probably coronation and Nawaz Sharif presented his CV. Is any political party allowed to paint train coaches like this?” he asked.

Kundi said that if Nawaz Sharif was sure that people would vote for him, then he should have talked about elections. “National institutions should work within their constitutional limits. If you have already decided, then announce it, what is the need to hold elections,” he added.

He said that selection could not be made as the majority of voters were young people. “Holding a large meeting is one thing and getting votes another. This time, voters cannot be cheated. If it happens, anarchy will spread. The decision should be left to people. The PMLN has changed its narrative. Musical chairs are played in the country and the PMLN will repent tomorrow,” he added.

This definitely confirms Pakistan as a banana republic . Shame on all these Patwaris.

The guy who allowed him to run away rots in jail in adyalla. This is what you get for being the establishment's chamcha
Can understand some frustration. Everyone presumed Billo as the chosen one, yet the establishment played Billo all along .

Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is set to meet his brother, Shehbaz, on his first day back in the family’s residence Jati Umra on Sunday.

Nawaz arrived at his home late on Saturday night after landing in Islamabad and then making his way to Lahore to address a rally at the Minar-e-Pakistan.

On Sunday, Nawaz ate breakfast with his family in Jati Umra and was served halwa poori, siri paye, lassi and green tea.

The PMLN chief then met former Finance Minister Ishaq Dar.

Nawaz is also scheduled to meet his brother, Shehbaz, later in the day. Reports said that economic reforms would come under discussion in the meeting.

The former PM will head to Islamabad on Monday, where he will consult lawyers on his pending cases. He has already obtained protective bail in two cases from the Islamabad High Court and had his perpetual warrants suspended by an accountability court.

He arrived in Islamabad from Dubai on Saturday after nearly four years in exile on Saturday. In his first speech, he stressed economic reforms and said he had no will for revenge.

Source: AAJ News

Nawaz Sharif during his speech at Jalsagah today:

"As much as you love me, I love you so much, I have forgotten my sorrows and pains by seeing your love."

Whenever I came from outside, my mother and wife used to welcome me, today that house will not be there to welcome me."

"Clinton offered me $5 billion but I turned it down."

"Who fired Nawaz Sharif because he didn't let the dollar move?"

Your chamcha has now been jettisoned. Why? Is 1% support not enough to be PM? I see Billawal was doing his rona dona the other day about this. Oh the irony

The good news is that you are Jannati and got a ticket from NS to prove it. And to get to Jannat you will get a free Motor Cycle also courtesy of NS and 2500 rps for the petrol

Punjab da Sher is back.
And delivered a speech which would have shamed a parish councillor. The beghairat claimed that he was forced to leave, when we know this duffer faked illness and got Bajwa, Hameed and the courts to let him leave the country.

I challenge anyone on this thread to prove Nawaz Sharif's corruption. We all know the courts have cleared him of wrong doing back in 2019.

I challenge anyone on this thread to prove Nawaz Sharif's corruption. We all know the courts have cleared him of wrong doing back in 2019.
Same courts have found him guilty several times too. You cannot stand by me decision of the courts and then cry about others. What about the Wikileaks evidence against the whole sharif family?

Gallup poll: Nawaz’s return improves PMLN’s political fortunes: snap poll
Snap poll included 8 key findings: Firstly, as many as 75% of country’s adults said they heard or read about Sharif’s return

ISLAMABAD / LAHORE /KARACHI: A snap poll, conducted by Gallup Pakistan with a scientifically selected sample of 1000 men and women spread in almost 100 districts across four provinces shows Nawaz Sharif’s arrival back in Pakistan improves political fortunes of PMLN.

Gallup Pakistan used phone survey methodology on October 22, 2023 on the next day of Nawaz Sharif’s speech at the Minar-e-Pakistan.

The snap poll included eight key findings: Firstly, as many as 75 percent of the country’s adults said they had heard or read about Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan.

Secondly, almost one in three adults said that they heard Nawaz Sharif’s speech at Minar-e-Pakistan, which accounts for an audience of almost 40 million men and women from across the country who heard the speech.

Thirdly, 80 percent of those who heard Nawaz’s speech said they liked the speech, while 12 percent said they did not like the speech and only seven percent said they had mixed feelings.

Fourth, 50 percent respondents said Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan will bode well for the country and countrymen, while 14 percent said it would bode ill for Pakistan and 18 percent showed indifference and said his return will have no impact on common man’s life, while 18 refrained from commenting on this.

Fifth, 51 percent believed Nawaz’s return to Pakistan will help PMLN win the next elections, while 22 percent said it was premature to comment on this and, therefore, they did not respond to the question. In addition, 26 percent believed that it would harm the PMLN or it would make no difference.

Sixth, reconciliation and avoidance of confrontation received resounding approval of respondents as 70 percent agreed that Nawaz Sharif should work together with all political leaders, including Imran Khan, to take the country forward and should avoid confrontation with the PTI chief.

Seventh, almost four in 10 respondents believed that Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan was part of certain deal. A high of 34 percent believed that they did not know if there was a deal or not, while 27 percent disagreed that his arrival was part of some sort of a deal.

Lastly, when asked which leader had the ability to steer the country out of current economic crisis, 30 percent named Nawaz Sharif, while 22 percent believed Imran Khan had the ability to rid the country of incumbent crisis.

It is significant to note that 30 percent believed that no political leader has the ability to pull the country out of incumbent economic crisis. Notably, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto was the third choice with four percent saying he could get Pakistan out of the economic crisis. The question was asked open ended and the results obtained were then compiled.

Gallup poll: Nawaz’s return improves PMLN’s political fortunes: snap poll
Snap poll included 8 key findings: Firstly, as many as 75% of country’s adults said they heard or read about Sharif’s return

ISLAMABAD / LAHORE /KARACHI: A snap poll, conducted by Gallup Pakistan with a scientifically selected sample of 1000 men and women spread in almost 100 districts across four provinces shows Nawaz Sharif’s arrival back in Pakistan improves political fortunes of PMLN.

Gallup Pakistan used phone survey methodology on October 22, 2023 on the next day of Nawaz Sharif’s speech at the Minar-e-Pakistan.

The snap poll included eight key findings: Firstly, as many as 75 percent of the country’s adults said they had heard or read about Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan.

Secondly, almost one in three adults said that they heard Nawaz Sharif’s speech at Minar-e-Pakistan, which accounts for an audience of almost 40 million men and women from across the country who heard the speech.

Thirdly, 80 percent of those who heard Nawaz’s speech said they liked the speech, while 12 percent said they did not like the speech and only seven percent said they had mixed feelings.

Fourth, 50 percent respondents said Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan will bode well for the country and countrymen, while 14 percent said it would bode ill for Pakistan and 18 percent showed indifference and said his return will have no impact on common man’s life, while 18 refrained from commenting on this.

Fifth, 51 percent believed Nawaz’s return to Pakistan will help PMLN win the next elections, while 22 percent said it was premature to comment on this and, therefore, they did not respond to the question. In addition, 26 percent believed that it would harm the PMLN or it would make no difference.

Sixth, reconciliation and avoidance of confrontation received resounding approval of respondents as 70 percent agreed that Nawaz Sharif should work together with all political leaders, including Imran Khan, to take the country forward and should avoid confrontation with the PTI chief.

Seventh, almost four in 10 respondents believed that Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan was part of certain deal. A high of 34 percent believed that they did not know if there was a deal or not, while 27 percent disagreed that his arrival was part of some sort of a deal.

Lastly, when asked which leader had the ability to steer the country out of current economic crisis, 30 percent named Nawaz Sharif, while 22 percent believed Imran Khan had the ability to rid the country of incumbent crisis.

It is significant to note that 30 percent believed that no political leader has the ability to pull the country out of incumbent economic crisis. Notably, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto was the third choice with four percent saying he could get Pakistan out of the economic crisis. The question was asked open ended and the results obtained were then compiled.

Fake polls coming thick and fast.

A huge moment in Pakistan history

After five years of politics based in hatred, ego and underdevelopment, let's hope Mian Sb can get things back onto the right track

After five years of politics based in hatred, ego and underdevelopment, let's hope Mian Sb can get things back onto the right track
Like he did at his first few gos at the top? Suuuurrreee!

Haha

Main seb to ab phir valiat farar honey ki tayyari kar rahey hein if I am not mistaken.

The duffer has Arshad Sharif murdered, got 10,000 PTI workers locked up, got IK convicted by his judge, crashed the PK economy and the electricity prices are sky high because of his Sovereign guarantees. And the fact that after 40 years, he needs to people to be paid to attend should shame all of you losers.

I doubt he can. The country is broke, what is left to loot now?

Should have stayed in London.

Nawaz Sharif to appear before court in Toshkhana case today
After appearing before an accountability court Nawaz will head to IHC to surrender before the court

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo, Nawaz Sharif, Tuesday will appear in an accountability court and the Islamabad High Court (IHC) to attend the hearing of the Toshkhana reference as well as the plea for revival of his appeals against conviction in the Avenfield and Al-Azizia reference cases.

Ahead of his arrival before the accountability court Judge Muhammad Bashir in Islamabad today, the bomb disposal squad completely emptied the courtroom and searched it for security purposes.

A heavy contingent of the Islamabad Police has also been deployed both inside and outside the Federal Judicial Complex in the capital where the hearing of the Toshakhana case against him is scheduled to take place today. Only relevant lawyers and journalists will be allowed to enter the accountability court.

The court has, meanwhile, suspended the PML-N supremo's permanent warrant in the case to date. According to the court's decision, if Nawaz does not appear before the judge today, the aforementioned warrant against him will be restored.

Pakistan People's Party Co-chairman Asif Zardari and Senator Yusuf Raza Gilani are also co-accused in the said case.

Nawaz is being represented by his counsel Qazi Misbah in the case, who has filed three different applications in the accountability court on his behalf which include the restoration of the PML-N supremo's annexed property in the case; appointment of Nawaz's pleader in the case; and an application to submit the politician's bail bonds.

Meanwhile, Zardari's lawyer and senior PPP leader Farooq H Naek appeared in the court on behalf of his client to seek an exemption from attending the hearing.

Nawaz, on the other hand, was granted protective bail in two graft cases while his arrest warrant in the Toshakhana case was suspended by an accountability court on Thursday, two days before his return to Pakistan on October 21.

Leader of Muslim League-N, former Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif surrendered before the Accountability Court of Islamabad in the Toshakhana case reference.

The court cancelled the permanent warrant of Nawaz Sharif.

After the appearance, Nawaz Sharif returned to the Minister Enclave, and after some time he will appear in the Islamabad High Court.

Accountability Court Judge Muhammad Bashir heard the Toshakhana reference case before which Nawaz Sharif surrendered.

The NAB prosecutor said that Nawaz Sharif has surrendered, and his warrant should be rejected, if the warrant is rejected, the trial will proceed.

After this, the accountability court cancelled Nawaz Sharif’s perpetual warrant.

Judge Muhammad Bashir said that Nawaz Sharif should be called to the rostrum.

Nawaz Sharif appeared on the rostrum in front of Judge Muhammad Bashir, after which Judge Muhammad Bashir asked the lawyers to take Nawaz Sharif.

The court adjourned the ToshaKhana reference case till November 20.

Same courts have found him guilty several times too. You cannot stand by me decision of the courts and then cry about others. What about the Wikileaks evidence against the whole sharif family?
Having offshore accounts does not prove corruption. The supreme court of Pakistan only found him guilty of being "dishonest" for not declaring the income he was meant to receive from his son's company.

Unlike Imran, Nawaz Sharif owned up to this mistake.

@Mamoon would like to know your opinion on this topic.

Since most of us on here live abroad. I would like to know that as a Pakistani citizen living there, are you hopeful that Nawaz Sharif's return can bear fruits for Pakistan and bring some relief to the country's situation?

@Mamoon would like to know your opinion on this topic.

Since most of us on here live abroad. I would like to know that as a Pakistani citizen living there, are you hopeful that Nawaz Sharif's return can bear fruits for Pakistan and bring some relief to the country's situation?
Nawaz is a more capable leader than anyone else Pakistan and his party has a lot of experience but nothing will change as long as the balance of power remains with the military establishment.

Nawaz will do what he is told as far as foreign policy is concerned which means most of the budget will still be allocated to the military and therefore, there will be no proper economic drive.

However, there will be some economic relief because Imran and his joker government destroyed the economy and made the country unlivable for the middle and lower-class.

If Nawaz is back in power he will take some corrective measures to make things better in the short-term and control the inflation spike. He did that in 2013 as well and 2013-2016 period was the most optimistic and prosperous in Pakistan’s recent history before the Panama Leaks lead the country into a downward spiral that it could have recovered from if the most incompetent PM in Pakistan history did not take the reigns in 2018.

However, there is always hope. With Imran and his joker party done and dusted, we can hope for some stability at least in the short-term.

Mian Saab was largely responsible for the vicious previous period. He constantly undermined the then sitting government whilst cowardly hid in his looted London properties.

Nawaz Sharif gets bail in Toshakhana case after relief in other references​

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – An accountability court on Tuesday granted bail to PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif in the Toshakhana case.

Accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir ordered the PML-N leader to submit surety bonds of Rs1 million and adjourned hearing of the case till Nov 20.

Earlier, the PML-N supremo surrendered himself to court.

Upon arrival on the court premiese, rose petals were showered on his vehicle. Former prime minister Shehbaz Sharif and Khawaja Asif accompanied the PML-N leader. Tariq Fazal Chaudhry is the guarantor of PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif in the case.

The three-time premier attended the accountablity court after four years.

The accountability court in Islamabad had given the PML-N leader and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif time till 1:30pm to attend hearing in connection with the Toshakhana case. Sharif reached the court with other party leaders and many supporters also gathered there.

Accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir conducted the hearing of the case. As the hearing started, counsel for Nawaz Sharif appeared in the court and requested for some time so that his client could attend hearing.

The jude granted Sharif time till 1:30 pm to appear before court.

In the previous hearing, the accountability court had suspended perpetual arrest warrants for elder Sharif until Oct 24.

Meanwhile, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday will take up Nawaz Sharif petitions seeking revival of his appeals in Avenfield and Al-Azazia references, Dunya News reported. The Islamabad High Court has formed a division bench to hear petitions of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif. The two-judge bench comprising Chief Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb will hear the pleas.

Amjad Pervaiz Advocate, counsel for the former prime minister, filed the applications urging the IHC to restore his client’s appeals in the Avenfield property and Al-Azizia Steel Mills references, and give its decisions after hearing arguments on merit.

Nawaz Sharif gets bail in Toshakhana case after relief in other references​

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – An accountability court on Tuesday granted bail to PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif in the Toshakhana case.

Accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir ordered the PML-N leader to submit surety bonds of Rs1 million and adjourned hearing of the case till Nov 20.

Earlier, the PML-N supremo surrendered himself to court.

Upon arrival on the court premiese, rose petals were showered on his vehicle. Former prime minister Shehbaz Sharif and Khawaja Asif accompanied the PML-N leader. Tariq Fazal Chaudhry is the guarantor of PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif in the case.

The three-time premier attended the accountablity court after four years.

The accountability court in Islamabad had given the PML-N leader and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif time till 1:30pm to attend hearing in connection with the Toshakhana case. Sharif reached the court with other party leaders and many supporters also gathered there.

Accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir conducted the hearing of the case. As the hearing started, counsel for Nawaz Sharif appeared in the court and requested for some time so that his client could attend hearing.

The jude granted Sharif time till 1:30 pm to appear before court.

In the previous hearing, the accountability court had suspended perpetual arrest warrants for elder Sharif until Oct 24.

Meanwhile, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday will take up Nawaz Sharif petitions seeking revival of his appeals in Avenfield and Al-Azazia references, Dunya News reported. The Islamabad High Court has formed a division bench to hear petitions of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif. The two-judge bench comprising Chief Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb will hear the pleas.

Amjad Pervaiz Advocate, counsel for the former prime minister, filed the applications urging the IHC to restore his client’s appeals in the Avenfield property and Al-Azizia Steel Mills references, and give its decisions after hearing arguments on merit.
So NS takes a car totally illegally and gets bail and IK that didn't take anything illegally was locked up. And the clowns claim IK is misleading a generation. Idiots

Nawaz Sharif’s sentence in Al-Azizia reference ‘suspended’
LAHORE: Caretaker Punjab government on Tuesday ‘suspended’ sentence awarded to former prime minister and PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif in Al-Azizia reference, ARY News reported, citing sources.

Nawaz Sharif was convicted by accountability courts in Avenfield and Al-Azizia references.

The accountability court had awarded 10-year jail term with eight million Pounds fine to Nawaz Sharif in the Avenfield case and a 07-year sentence in Al-Azizia reference.

The court also disqualified Sharif from holding public office for 10 years.

However, in 2019, his sentence in the Al-Azizia reference was suspended by the Lahore High Court (LHC) on medical grounds. He was then permitted to fly to London on medical grounds.

Sources privy to the development said that the caretaker Punjab cabinet suspended the sentence of Nawaz Sharif under Criminal Procedural Code Section 401.

According to Section 401 of the Criminal Procedural Code, the government reserves the right to suspend the sentence of the convict.

The former three-time premier landed in Pakistan on Saturday (October 21) after ending his self-exile of four years. He was accorded a warm welcome by the PML-N and addressed a huge public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan to reveal his plan of steering Pakistan out of crises.

ARY

DIG Security Owais Ahmed reviewed the security arrangements for former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's appearance in the Islamabad High Court yesterday.

According to the details, the police was mobilized for the appearance of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the Islamabad High Court yesterday, DIG Security Owais Ahmed reached the Islamabad High Court and reviewed the security arrangements.

DIG Security inspected the entry points of the Chief Justice's court including the Chief Justice's courtroom and the surrounding areas.

Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's case to restore appeals in Kalul-Azizia, Avenfield reference is scheduled, in this regard, the Registrar's Office has also issued a security circular.

In which it has been said that the hearing of the Nawaz Sharif case is scheduled at 2:30 tomorrow, special passes will be issued and 15 members of Nawaz Sharif's legal team will be allowed, while 10 passes will be issued to law officers and 30 passes will be issued to journalists.

On the occasion of the appearance of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the Islamabad High Court yesterday, 300 people entered the courtroom without checking.

The thing is that we can't wait around for a so called "honest" leader to learn the ropes of governance and politics. Imran has time and again shown that he is not as astute as Nawaz Sharif. Imran Khan's federal government cabinet was a bunch of clowns.

Having Sheikh Rasheed as interior Minister, Usman Buzdar as CM of Punjab and Fawad as Information Minister was a total shambles.

Look at the current state of the country.

Nawaz is a more capable leader than anyone else Pakistan and his party has a lot of experience but nothing will change as long as the balance of power remains with the military establishment.

Nawaz will do what he is told as far as foreign policy is concerned which means most of the budget will still be allocated to the military and therefore, there will be no proper economic drive.

However, there will be some economic relief because Imran and his joker government destroyed the economy and made the country unlivable for the middle and lower-class.

If Nawaz is back in power he will take some corrective measures to make things better in the short-term and control the inflation spike. He did that in 2013 as well and 2013-2016 period was the most optimistic and prosperous in Pakistan’s recent history before the Panama Leaks lead the country into a downward spiral that it could have recovered from if the most incompetent PM in Pakistan history did not take the reigns in 2018.

However, there is always hope. With Imran and his joker party done and dusted, we can hope for some stability at least in the short-term.
i disagree with the last part.

The inflation back in 2013 was not controlled by PMLN but by PPP through bills. It takes longer for inflation to adjust when monetary and fiscal policy is adopted. Like a policy bought in to control inflation can take 2-3 years to bring results, in some cases even 5 years

The issue with Nawaz is that, Nawaz is good for economic development but not for controlling inflation. Because to control inflation you need to adopt policies something that PPP is better at.

Getting Nawaz back in power at this time is wrong as we need someone to bring policies that can control the inflation

The thing is that we can't wait around for a so called "honest" leader to learn the ropes of governance and politics. Imran has time and again shown that he is not as astute as Nawaz Sharif. Imran Khan's federal government cabinet was a bunch of clowns.

Having Sheikh Rasheed as interior Minister, Usman Buzdar as CM of Punjab and Fawad as Information Minister was a total shambles.

Look at the current state of the country.

What about PDMS disastrous tenure. In the space of one year they broke all records of incompetence.

With miaan Saab at the helm, making all the shambolic decisions from his looted hideouts.

What about PDMS disastrous tenure. In the space of one year they broke all records of incompetence.

With miaan Saab at the helm, making all the shambolic decisions from his looted hideouts.
It was a coalition government made up of 14 parties. Their only objective was to try and get the IMF deal back on track nd improve relations with other countries.

Both things which Imran had ruined.

They achieved both of those objectives.

IHC restores Nawaz's appeals against Al-Aziza, Avenfield convictions​

ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court restored on Thursday Nawaz Sharif's appeals challenging conviction in Al-Aziza and Avenfield references after the national anti-graft watchdog submitted "no objection".

The court was announcing its reserved verdict on Nawaz's plea seeking the same.

Earlier, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) informed the division bench, led by Chief Justice Aamer Farooq and comprising Miangul Hasan Aurangzeb, that it held no objections to the revival of Nawaz's appeals.

During proceedings, when CJ Farooq inquired whether NAB wanted Nawaz's arrest, to which the prosecutor replied in the negative.

At the outset of the hearing, NAB Prosecutor General Ghulam Qadir Shah said that a reference can only be taken back if it is yet pending verdict. "We have reviewed these appeals as well as the facts and legalities of both references," he said.

Recounting case history, the NAB lawyer stated that the Avenfield reference was filed on the directives of the Supreme Court and a joint-investigation team was also constituted under the apex court's order. A criminal appeal once admitted for hearing cannot be taken back, he maintained.

He denied media reports claiming that NAB has 'surrendered' while contending that if the court is to restore these appeals, the decision must be made on merits of the case.

Nawaz's appeals were dismissed due to non-compliance with court orders, recalled the prosecutor, adding that perpetual arrest warrants were issued. The court had remarked that action be taken under the law when the proclaimed offender surrenders before it.

The national anti-graft watchdog has no objections to the restoration of these appeals, he said.

When it was his turn on the roster, Nawaz's counsel Advocate Amjad Parvez argued that when the sentence was suspended, the court had examined the role of all parties. He referred to Maryam Nawaz's acquittal, recalling that the court had observed then that NAB had changed its prosecutor thrice and had failed to establish the PML-N chief's role.

He cited past precedents and maintained that he was not aware of a case in the past 30 years where appeals were not restored after the convict surrendered before the court.

At one point during the hearing, Justice Aurangzeb wondered whether NAB has challenged Maryam's acquittal as yet while observing that the "girl" was not relevant to this case.

Nawaz’s deal with establishment 'finally exposed’: Aitzaz
PPP leader accuses deposed prime minister of marginalising all others in pursuit of power

PPP leader Barrister Aitzaz Ahsan has alleged that the PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif's “deal with the establishment” has been finally exposed, leaving no room for doubt that the sole intention behind the deposed premier’s political manoeuvres was to regain the office.

He further accused the former prime minister of conveniently overpowering other political players in his pursuit of power and to strike a deal with the establishment.

Ahsan, speaking to the media, stated, "I used to say that Nawaz Sharif would ‘zero’ everyone once given the chance. My warnings were ignored then, but now the same has happened.

"He lamented that there was no proper system in the country, pointing out that authority, as enshrined in the constitution, belonged to Allah and was upheld by the elected individuals. "How can there be a system when there are no elected people?"

The PPP leader also touched upon his disagreements with his own party, acknowledging, "Many times, I have had disagreements with the PPP. Sometimes they agree with me, sometimes they don't.

"However, he admitted that sometimes his words are correct, and sometimes the party's views prevail.

Expressing doubts about the upcoming elections, Ahsan questioned whether they would be held on time.
He stated, "I cannot say whether the elections will be held on January 28 or not. Apart from the politics of the past, no prediction can be made regarding the upcoming election.

"The PPP leader’s statement comes only a few days after Nawaz Sharif's return from four years of self-imposed exile in London on October 21.

Prior to his arrival, the PML-N leader was granted protective bail in two graft cases, while arrest warrants in another case were suspended to ensure a smooth return.

Nawaz’s deal with establishment 'finally exposed’: Aitzaz
PPP leader accuses deposed prime minister of marginalising all others in pursuit of power

PPP leader Barrister Aitzaz Ahsan has alleged that the PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif's “deal with the establishment” has been finally exposed, leaving no room for doubt that the sole intention behind the deposed premier’s political manoeuvres was to regain the office.

He further accused the former prime minister of conveniently overpowering other political players in his pursuit of power and to strike a deal with the establishment.

Ahsan, speaking to the media, stated, "I used to say that Nawaz Sharif would ‘zero’ everyone once given the chance. My warnings were ignored then, but now the same has happened.

"He lamented that there was no proper system in the country, pointing out that authority, as enshrined in the constitution, belonged to Allah and was upheld by the elected individuals. "How can there be a system when there are no elected people?"

The PPP leader also touched upon his disagreements with his own party, acknowledging, "Many times, I have had disagreements with the PPP. Sometimes they agree with me, sometimes they don't.

"However, he admitted that sometimes his words are correct, and sometimes the party's views prevail.

Expressing doubts about the upcoming elections, Ahsan questioned whether they would be held on time.
He stated, "I cannot say whether the elections will be held on January 28 or not. Apart from the politics of the past, no prediction can be made regarding the upcoming election.

"The PPP leader’s statement comes only a few days after Nawaz Sharif's return from four years of self-imposed exile in London on October 21.

Prior to his arrival, the PML-N leader was granted protective bail in two graft cases, while arrest warrants in another case were suspended to ensure a smooth return.

We knew about thus deal over 18 months ago. Remember those guys that told us NS and his daughter would never do a deal and only SS would. Well we know all 3 are crooks and we're happy to deal with a crooked establishment that betrayed PK. @Mamoon what happened

Nawaz to chair first PML-N huddle in four years

ISLAMABAD: After spending four years in exile, PML-N supreme leader Nawaz Sharif is all set to chair a formal meeting of the party in Lahore, to take stock of the prevailing political situation and chalk out a strategy in the run-up to general elections.

The announcement of the meeting, likely to be held in Jati Umra on Tuesday, came a day after the PTI decided to approach like-minded parties — particularly the PPP — in its quest for a level playing field and transparent elections, slated to be held in January next year.

Mr Sharif, who returned from London earlier this month after spending four years in self-imposed exile on medical grounds, is also expected to take up the distribution of PML-N tickets to aspirants for the National Assembly and provincial assemblies for the upcoming polls.

An insider told Dawn that the huddle would also review the possibilities of electoral alliances with other political parties. It will also discuss which political parties could pose challenges to the PML-N by forming a joint front against it, the party leader said.

“Nawaz Sharif will also seek suggestions from senior PML-N leaders on how to boost the chances of success in the elections, especially on how the party could bag a maximum number of seats in polls, particularly in Punjab,” he added.

Murree sojourn

The elder Sharif spent his Sunday in Murree ahead of his court hearing in Islamabad on Monday (today). This was his second trip to the hill station since his arrival in the country on Oct 21.

After the hearing in the federal capital, Mr Sharif is likely to head back to Lahore, where he will chair the first formal meeting of the PML-N in four years.

There were speculations that Mr Sharif might meet disgruntled party leaders in Murree during his stay. But these reports were denied by a PML-N leader, who said the former prime minister did not meet anyone during his brief stay.

“He is in Murree only for his [court] hearings in Islamabad,” the insider said.

DAWN​

Ex-PM Sharif to hold election rallies across Pakistan, party says days after his return from exile​

ISLAMABAD: Three-time former prime minister Nawaz Sharif will be addressing public gatherings across Pakistan as part of his party’s election campaign for which a detailed schedule will be chalked out in the coming days, a senior member of his party said on Tuesday, more than a week after his return to the country from a self-imposed exile.

The statement came after Sharif chaired a meeting of party members at his residence in Jati Umra, Lahore to discuss the formation of parliamentary boards for distribution of party tickets to candidates, election campaign schedule and the manifesto of his Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) party for the general elections due to be held in January.

Sharif resumes political activities after a hiatus of around four years following his return on October 21 from a self-imposed exile in London. In 2018, the three-time former premier was handed down seven- and ten-year prison sentences in two separate corruption cases, though he managed to fly to London in November 2019 on medical grounds. He was also disqualified for life from holding any public office.

Prior to his return to Pakistan, Sharif not only secured protective bail from the Islamabad High Court, but the court last week restored his appeals against conviction. However, the courts have yet to suspend or overturn the sentences for Sharif to run in elections.

“Nawaz Sharif will be leading the party’s election campaign and addressing public gatherings across Pakistan to win public support,” Rana Mashhood Ahmad, a senior PML-N figure, told Arab News, following the Lahore huddle.

“Each and everything was discussed in the meeting today, including formation of the parliamentary boards for issuance of tickets to potential candidates,” he said, adding his party was “fully ready” to go to the polls.

About Sharif’s legal hurdles, he said the PML-N legal team was looking into all the cases against the ex-premier and “apparently there is no serious legal challenge barring him from contesting the election.”

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party, led by Sharif’s arch-rival Imran Khan, is also preparing to give a tough time to PML-N candidates in the election.

While Khan’s party gears up for elections, the ex-premier remains in jail on a judicial remand in a case related to leaking contents of an alleged diplomatic correspondence between Washington and Islamabad last year that Khan says is proof his ouster in a parliamentary no-trust vote in April 2022 was part of a US conspiracy to remove him.

“The PTI is fully prepared to trounce rival candidates in the elections, even if Imran Khan remains in jail during the campaign,” Barrister Gohar Khan, a member of the PTI’s core committee, told Arab News.

“We are not getting a level playing field, but our homework to go to the polls is complete.”

PTI parliamentary boards have already finalized potential candidates for each national and provincial constituency, and even adjustments have been made in constituencies where the candidates have announced quitting the party, according to Gohar.
Several PTI members, including top Khan aides, have quit the party in recent months, amid a crackdown on PTI supporters following alleged attacks by them on government and military installations on May 9, which came in reaction to Khan’s brief arrest in a graft case.

“We have selected a panel for vacant constituencies instead of a single candidate to make sure that PTI candidate contests the election from each constituency, come what may,” he said, denying the possibility of an alliance with other parties.
“Only a massive rigging in the polls could keep PTI from sweeping the election.”

Political analysts say pre-poll rigging has already been underway by not allowing the PTI even to hold worker conventions ahead of the elections, while the PML-N was having a hard time restoring its public appeal.

“If elections are held in the last week of January as per the election regulator’s announcement, they will not be called free and fair elections by any means. Tangible pre-poll rigging is being done to damage one party, PTI, ahead of the polls,” Zaigham Khan, a political analyst, told Arab News.

“The PTI is still the most popular party in KP (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) province despite all hardships, while the PML-N does not seem to reclaim its popularity even in Punjab. Political instability and uncertainty seem to continue in Pakistan even after the elections.”

Ex-PM Sharif to hold election rallies across Pakistan, party says days after his return from exile​

ISLAMABAD: Three-time former prime minister Nawaz Sharif will be addressing public gatherings across Pakistan as part of his party’s election campaign for which a detailed schedule will be chalked out in the coming days, a senior member of his party said on Tuesday, more than a week after his return to the country from a self-imposed exile.

The statement came after Sharif chaired a meeting of party members at his residence in Jati Umra, Lahore to discuss the formation of parliamentary boards for distribution of party tickets to candidates, election campaign schedule and the manifesto of his Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) party for the general elections due to be held in January.

Sharif resumes political activities after a hiatus of around four years following his return on October 21 from a self-imposed exile in London. In 2018, the three-time former premier was handed down seven- and ten-year prison sentences in two separate corruption cases, though he managed to fly to London in November 2019 on medical grounds. He was also disqualified for life from holding any public office.

Prior to his return to Pakistan, Sharif not only secured protective bail from the Islamabad High Court, but the court last week restored his appeals against conviction. However, the courts have yet to suspend or overturn the sentences for Sharif to run in elections.

“Nawaz Sharif will be leading the party’s election campaign and addressing public gatherings across Pakistan to win public support,” Rana Mashhood Ahmad, a senior PML-N figure, told Arab News, following the Lahore huddle.

“Each and everything was discussed in the meeting today, including formation of the parliamentary boards for issuance of tickets to potential candidates,” he said, adding his party was “fully ready” to go to the polls.

About Sharif’s legal hurdles, he said the PML-N legal team was looking into all the cases against the ex-premier and “apparently there is no serious legal challenge barring him from contesting the election.”

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party, led by Sharif’s arch-rival Imran Khan, is also preparing to give a tough time to PML-N candidates in the election.

While Khan’s party gears up for elections, the ex-premier remains in jail on a judicial remand in a case related to leaking contents of an alleged diplomatic correspondence between Washington and Islamabad last year that Khan says is proof his ouster in a parliamentary no-trust vote in April 2022 was part of a US conspiracy to remove him.

“The PTI is fully prepared to trounce rival candidates in the elections, even if Imran Khan remains in jail during the campaign,” Barrister Gohar Khan, a member of the PTI’s core committee, told Arab News.

“We are not getting a level playing field, but our homework to go to the polls is complete.”

PTI parliamentary boards have already finalized potential candidates for each national and provincial constituency, and even adjustments have been made in constituencies where the candidates have announced quitting the party, according to Gohar.
Several PTI members, including top Khan aides, have quit the party in recent months, amid a crackdown on PTI supporters following alleged attacks by them on government and military installations on May 9, which came in reaction to Khan’s brief arrest in a graft case.

“We have selected a panel for vacant constituencies instead of a single candidate to make sure that PTI candidate contests the election from each constituency, come what may,” he said, denying the possibility of an alliance with other parties.
“Only a massive rigging in the polls could keep PTI from sweeping the election.”

Political analysts say pre-poll rigging has already been underway by not allowing the PTI even to hold worker conventions ahead of the elections, while the PML-N was having a hard time restoring its public appeal.

“If elections are held in the last week of January as per the election regulator’s announcement, they will not be called free and fair elections by any means. Tangible pre-poll rigging is being done to damage one party, PTI, ahead of the polls,” Zaigham Khan, a political analyst, told Arab News.

“The PTI is still the most popular party in KP (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) province despite all hardships, while the PML-N does not seem to reclaim its popularity even in Punjab. Political instability and uncertainty seem to continue in Pakistan even after the elections.”

NS is the chief Martial law administrator and he has decided that he will run an election with only his name on the ballot and he will also count the votes. Because without those 2 conditions IK will win 80% of the seats in Punjab and 95% in KP.

Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leaders huddled together to discuss their political strategy in Lahore’s governor house on Wednesday.

Nawaz Sharif arrived at the governor house early on Wednesday along with his daughter, Maryam, where they met Governor Baligh ur Rehman.

He then presided over a meeting that included Awais Laghari, Abdul Rehman Kanju, Rana Sanaullah and Pervaiz Rasheed.

The meeting discussed party matters in South Punjab and also discussed names of probable candidates for the party’s tickets.

Nawaz instructed the leaders to improve organisation of the party in South Punjab and to increase public outreach.

The meeting comes a day after the party agreed to constest elections jointly with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement in Sindh.

Its funny to see the PML N supporters pretend with deep badniyati as if Shahbaz Sharif's rule as Prime Minister never occurred and how he made things 10 times worse under his reign but Nawaz Sharif is going to fix things automatically upon return.

Book mark this post. Nawaz is going to trigger the military and commit another screw up which will force them to get him out of office. History does not repeat itself without a reason.

So Nooras now claim that its SS that made the shocking decisions that destroyed PK economy. But everyone knows NS was making them and now the public isn't buying this crap anymore. Its like the fake Noora PPP fights that are done for public consumption

Nawaz to woo BAP to solidify PML-N in Balochistan
• Eyes strategic partnerships in all provinces ahead of polls
• Alliance with JUI-F ‘almost certain’; PML-Q, IPP off the radar
• Concerns raised over appointment of ex-FIA head as PML-N’s Sindh president

LAHORE: After taking MQM-P on board, PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif is likely to visit Balochistan next week to join hands with the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) for upcoming polls.

“During his visit to Balochistan, Mr Sharif is also expected to meet some electables and a formal alliance with the BAP will be announced,” a party insider told Dawn.

“The elder Sharif is keen to grab ‘reasonable seats’ in Sindh, Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, which he considers very important to form the federal government after the coming elections,” he said.

In KP, the PML-N’s alliance with the JUI-F of Maulana Fazlur Rehman was “almost certain”, the party leader said.

The PML-N, however, appears reluctant to accommodate the PML-Q of Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and the Istehkam-i-Pakistan Party (IPP) of Jehangir Khan Tareen.

Both Mr Shujaat and Mr Tareen played their role in toppling the Imran Khan government in April last year with an understanding with the Sharifs that seat adjustments would be made with them in general elections.

However, in a changing political scenario in which the PML-N apparently has emerged as a “sole favourite” party of the powers that be, the party is calling the shots on its terms.

“The PML-Q may be given an option in the coming days to merge itself with the PML-N if Chaudhry Shujaat wants seats for his two sons and the party secretary general Tariq Bashir Cheema,” a senior PML-N leader from Punjab told Dawn.

As for the IPP, he said some of its leaders were approaching the Sharif brothers, asking them not to field candidates against them in Punjab.

“No political alliance of PML-N and IPP is in sight. However, some IPP leaders who remained very close to the Sharifs may manage to have adjustments against their seats with the PML-N in Lahore and elsewhere,” he said.

DAWN

Nawaz to contest polls after ‘clean chit’ from courts

LAHORE: PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif will contest in general elections as the party expects his legal troubles to go away within two months.

Talking to reporters on Thursday, PML-N Punjab President Rana Sanaullah said Mr Sharif would not wait for by-polls to contest the elections and expressed hope that cases against him would be decided before the Feb 8 elections.

There had been speculations among the party ranks that if Nawaz Sharif failed to get a ‘clean chit’ from courts by Feb 8, he may contest by-polls — and not general elections — after clearing his name in the cases.

To a question whether the party was asking Nawaz Sharif to become the president of PML-N, Mr Sanaullah said, “Shehbaz Sharif will remain the president, and the elder Sharif will continue to play his role in the current position.”

Asked whether the PML-N would forge an alliance with PML-Q in the upcoming polls, he said Nawaz Sharif would soon meet Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and discuss this matter.

According to sources, PML-N is reluctant to accommodate PML-Q in upcoming polls.

It is learnt that the party will be given the option to merge within PML-N if Chaudhry Shujaat demanded three seats — two for his sons and one for Tariq Bashir Cheema.

Mr Sanaullah also reiterated that his party was ready to talk with “PTI minus May 9 suspects”.

He also claimed that former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was not angry with the leadership.

Separately, in a press conference on Thursday, PML-N leader Javed Latif urged the judiciary to fix Mr Nawaz’s appeals in Al-Azizia and Avenfield corruption cases for hearing at the earliest.

He said Mr Nawaz and PTI chief Imran Khan should get justice before the polls. “If any of them is guilty of any offence, they should be punished.”

Explaining the party’s slogan vote ko izzat do (respect the vote), Mr Latif said it was a call for all institutions “to remain within their constitutional role”.

DAWN

An accountability court on Friday ordered the authorities to return the belongings and assets taken from PML-N leader and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in the Toshakhana case.

Judge Muhammad Bashir directed the authorities concerned to return the vehicles of the PML-N leader and restore his accounts as his name has been cleared in the case of "illegally acquiring belongings from state repository".

The court also cancelled the orders of confiscation of the ex-prime minister's belongings. The confiscation orders were given in October 2020.

The valuables to be returned to Sharif include his property, vehicles, bank accounts and more than 1,650 kanal agricultural land in Lahore.

Nawaz begins Quetta mission today to woo ‘electables’

LAHORE: PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif is going to Balochistan on a two-day visit on Tuesday (today) as part of his party’s policy to form strategic alliances in all provinces ahead of the Feb 8 general elections.

As a delegation of senior MQM-P leaders visited the elder Sharif in Lahore last week on his invitation to forge an alliance with the PML-N against the PPP in Sindh, sources said the ‘Sardars of Balochistan’ asked him [Nawaz] to come to Quetta and honour them if he wanted to go along with them in the upcoming polls.

PML-N senior leader Sardar Ayaz Sadiq claimed that Mr Sharif would hold political meetings in Quetta where “several electables” would announce joining his party.

During a recent visit to Quetta, Mr Sadiq held meetings with key figures, including Jam Kamal and Nawabzada Haji Lashkari Raisani of the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) who assured him of considering joining the PML-N.

According to sources, some former and incumbent leaders belonging to BAP may announce joining the PML-N during Mr Sharif’s visit and BAP as a party seems more interested in seat adjustment with PML-N.

“Since some of the BAP leaders earlier remained with the PML-N and incumbent Prime Minister Anwaarul Haq Kakar, a former member of BAP, had a good working relationship with PML-N, the party of Sharifs may not face much problems in exploring strategic partners in Balochistan ahead of the polls,” they said.

At least three close aides of the Sharifs — Fawad Hasan Fawad, Ahad Cheema and Umar Saif — are in PM Kakar’s cabinet. The PPP alleges that the PML-N has installed some eight members in the federal cabinet, which virtually looks like a caretaker government of PML-N.

“The PML-N has eyed up at least 25 sardars/electables from Balochistan who are likely to join hands with it during Mr Sharif’s visit,” a senior party leader from Punjab told Dawn on Monday. He said the party was targeting the electables ahead of the February polls.

“In Balochistan, the role of electables is very crucial in polls. Similarly, in south Punjab, this electable factor matters a lot. In coming days more and more electables will prefer the PML-N over the PPP or any other party,” he claimed.

PML-N Balochistan chapter president Sheikh Jaffar Khan Mandokhail said Mr Sharif would hold meetings with PkMAP Chairman Mehmood Khan Achakzai, National Party President Dr Malik Baloch, former CM Jam Kamal and BAP leaders, including Nawabzada Khalid Magsi, Sardar Muhammad Saleh Bhootani and some of the party’s senators, ex-MNAs and MPAs.

Mr Sharif will also attend a function in which various ‘electables’ will announce joining PML-N, including former MNAs and MPAs belonging to BAP.

The PPP, on the other hand, is also all set to woo as many electables in Balochistan as it could.

Interestingly, Mr Kamal also recently met PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and supported his party’s cause for pushing for polls.

Mr Bhutto-Zardari said if any party had done anything practical to address problems of Balochistan, it was the PPP and it would kick-start the election campaign in the province with a rally in connection with 56th foundation day of the party on November 30 in Quetta in the run-up to February 8 polls.​

PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari on Tuesday advised PML-N party supremo, Nawaz Sharif to “focus on Lahore” for the upcoming general elections and try to remedy the city’s woes as the ex-premier arrived in Quetta in an effort to form strategic alliances in all provinces ahead of the Feb 8 polls.

The PML-N has been engaging Sindh-based political parties in what appears to be an attempt to create an alliance against the PPP in the province.

At a recent meeting, the PML-N had agreed to a demand of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) to support a constitutional reform package that would include a legal cover for the local government and disbursement of funds to districts through a provincial finance commission.

In response, the PPP has mainly targeted the MQM-P for demanding changes to the Constitution and warned the PML-N to not expect loyalty from those who had betrayed their founder.

Questioned about the PML-N’s outreach during a press conference in Mithi today, Bilawal said everyone had the right to go to every province and conduct their politics.

“I think Nawaz has been advised that because there have been difficulties created for the PML-N in Lahore, so he has been pained to go to other provinces for seats.

“My advice would be that he should focus on Lahore and he should try and address the problems there. Maybe that’ll bring better results for him,” he said.

Bilawal said that he had no difference with any political party or a “fight” with any institution.

“We welcome them. Our whole contention with them was that they did not come here,” he said in response to a question regarding Nawaz’s visit to different provinces to woo politicians.

Source: Dawn

Back