[VIDEOS] Pakistan players' performance watch in Caribbean Premier League 2017

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
The CPL is set to start tomorrow (first match 5th August 01:00 GMT) and there's quite a few Pakistani players involved.

Barbados Tridents: Shoaib Malik and Wahab Riaz

Guyana Amazon Warriors: Sohail Tanvir and Babar Azam

Jamaica Tallawahs: Imad Wasim and Mohammad Sami

St Kitts & Nevis Patriots: Mohammad Hafeez and Hasan Ali

St Lucia Stars: Kamran Akmal

Trinbago Knight Riders: Shadab Khan

Would like to see particularly Babar, Hasan and Shadab do well. Hope that Wahab, Tanvir and Kamran aren't considered on the basis of their performance in this CPL.

Especially looking forward to how Shadab,Hasan and Babar perform.

Agree with the three names. Hopefully Imad can also show some form with the bat- he will start to face pressure for his place in the team if (i) he doesn't hit form with the bat and (ii) he doesn't develop variations in his bowling.

Should be exciting because I think every single team has a Pakistani now due to recent Pakistani signings ie Hasan Ali, Hafeez, Babar Azam

does anyone know what time it will be shown in NZ??

1st match : St Lucia Stars vs Trinbago Knight Riders in Gros Islet, St Lucia 5 aug 1 pm
2nd match : 05 aug Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in Lauderhill, Florida 3 pm

One CPL match tonight. It's the season opener as St Lucia Stars take on Trinbago Knight Riders.

Pakistanis in action: Kamran Akmal (St Lucia Stars) against Shadab Khan (Trinbago Knight Riders)

Boycotting this thread and CPL as a whole because I will have to endure Mr. 'All Rounder' trying not to expose youngsters to the pressure of a game LOL

Now I am suddenly hungry for an omlete :)

One CPL match tonight. It's the season opener as St Lucia Stars take on Trinbago Knight Riders.

Pakistanis in action: Kamran Akmal (St Lucia Stars) against Shadab Khan (Trinbago Knight Riders)

No there are 2 matches:-
St Lucia stars Vs TKR
and
Amazon warriors Vs St Kitts and Navis patriots.

Is anyone showing this in Pakistan? And if so, at what time?

Thank you in advance.

No there are 2 matches:-
St Lucia stars Vs TKR
and
Amazon warriors Vs St Kitts and Navis patriots.

Yes and no.

Local time, the Stars/TKR game begins 9pm on the 4th, whilst the Warriors/Patriots game begins 11am on the 5th. Which is what Hadi was getting at. Local schedule here: http://www.cplt20.com/fixtures

But in the UK, because of the time difference the first three games are on at various points on the 5th. The UK schedule is here: http://sport.bt.com/live-on-bt-sport-01364117948039#?category=Cricket

Pierre to Kamran Akmal, OUT, dead duck. Once again, he toe-ends a slog to midwicket, sets off for what should have been a comfortable single but took ages to get moving. Brilliant pick up and throw from Narne, who hits bulls eye at the bowler's end.

5 off 8, good knock :mv

Quite the explosive and aggressive Innings :kakmal I expected from the living legend !!

Kami's fitness leading to his demise. Pretty common in the Akmal family these days.

Shadab gets Fletcher lbw with what looked like a googly.

Poor umpiring. Should have been on a hatrick- had Cornwall plumb lbw with a googly.

They still can't believe that lbw wasn't given- not sure why the umpire didn't give it. It was stone dead.

Shadab gets Ryder. Looks like he is having fun.

The contrasting fortunes of young (Shadab) and old (Kamran) is hopefully symbolic of greater things to come for PCT.

Ooh. Brilliant bowling from Shadab. Just bowled a googly that deceived everyone-not sure how it missed.

Excellent spell- was good to see him not overuse his googly. He varied his pace well and bowled a few from the front of his hand- good to see he is developing.

Shadab showed great maturity with that bowling spell. Judging by that performance, it looks like he will use the CPL as a chance to try out a few things which is great to see.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5vxzkn" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Great spell from Shadab!

Looking forward to watching Babar and Hasan in action tomorrow would be nice to see them go head to head.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5vxzkn" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Thanks for sharing, lovely piece of bowling. Loved the googly in the last over, the big man had no idea where the ball was going.

2 matches today from Florida.

Guyana Amazon Warriors v St Kitts and Nevis Patriots at 1500 GMT: Babar Azam + Sohail Tanvir against Hasan Ali + Mohammad Hafeez

Barbados Tridents v Jamaica Tallawahs at 1900 GMT: Shoaib Malik + Wahab Riaz against Imad Wasim + Mohammad Sami

Good to see Shadab trying to flight the ball and using his variations nicely. Some leggies just start darting the ball if they get hit. Those batsmen weren't looking too comfortable.

He'll enjoy bowling on spin-friendly Caribbean pitches.

Will be interesting to see the pace of Hasan Ali in a T20 game after having a break to rest and recover. Hope he's a few clicks faster in the CPL.

Man I love how I am in the same time zone as Caribbean so I can see these matches.

Plus, Willow is showing it. :)

Having fun watching the Pakistani boys. Unfit Kami and exciting Shadab yesterday. Today, Hasan has bowled well so far and Babar is batting.
:)

Man I love how I am in the same time zone as Caribbean so I can see these matches.

Plus, Willow is showing it. :)

Having fun watching the Pakistani boys. Unfit Kami and exciting Shadab yesterday. Today, Hasan has bowled well so far and Babar is batting.
:)

I know right, fully agree. Excited to be able to watch Pakistani cricketers in action and that too at this time of the day.

Really poor cricket so far this game. Sluggish pitch, rubbish fielding and hardly any atmosphere at the ground.

Will be interesting to see the pace of Hasan Ali in a T20 game after having a break to rest and recover. Hope he's a few clicks faster in the CPL.

Babar Azam needs to pick up the pace here. Isn't this suppose to be a flat wicket? India vs WI was played here too right? If so, both teams scored big.

Babar Azam gone for 21. Was struggling. He needs a hitter on the other end, thats when he thrives.

Babar got a start, but couldn't carry on. Credit to the other team, they bowled well. I don't think pitch is supporting batsman.

Babar isn't really a T20 batsman. He should be sticking to Test and One dayers. We need some modern day T20 cricketers like Fakhr Zaman, Sharzeel Khan.

Hassan Ali takes his 2nd wicket!

3.0-2-14 so far.

Last edited:
Babar isn't really a T20 batsman. He should be sticking to Test and One dayers. We need some modern day T20 cricketers like Fakhr Zaman, Sharzeel Khan.

I'm hoping that these T20 league games will help him develop his overall power game. He needs to up his ante a bit in ODI's as well, struggles when he walks in and eats up too many balls.

The CPL legend Sohail Tanvir, in his first appearance run out for 0.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lovely shot By Babar Azam <br># CPL17 <a href="https://t.co/WGHPKknjj0">pic.twitter.com/WGHPKknjj0</a></p>— CPL T20 (@CPL) <a href="https://twitter.com/CPL/status/893860056306987009">August 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

he's not but he does score incredibly consistently with a sr 115. you can use someone like that in a side. averages 40 domestic , 50 internationally. plus like mmkextreme1 said it might be good for him, develop his game. dont think we lose much playing him in t20s we have enough spots. latif and sharjeel are gone, azhar cant play t20s, hafeez should be dropped. so we can afford babar in the side.

Back