[VIDEOS] Pakistan should sue the ICC over selection of rain affected venues for ICC T20 World Cup 2024 games

cricketmerijaan

Debutant
Runs
Which idiots at the ICC thought it would be clever to host WC games in Florida, when the rainy season there lasts from May through to September.

We now have flood warnings in Lauderhill, and it looks like USA vs Ireland, India vs Canada and Pakistan vs Ireland will be complete washouts.

Pakistan are as good as knocked out guys. Our tournament is over

Real unlucky team is England who got canned by Australia. Lost the opportunity to beat Scotland. Now up against steep NRR. Rain can impact in West Indies too.

ICC should directly promote Pakistan to the second round in these tournaments. Poor guys probably thought this group was foolproof and Pakistan said "Hold my three-tier cake" before getting spanked by the Americans.

You can put Zimbabwe Under 10s in their group and they will somehow lose to them too.

They have for semi final. Not for other matches. Not even second round matches have reserve day. So it was no surprise no reserve day for first round matches

PCT should have given more warm up matches on NY surface. They were disadvantaged and still put up a fight. Couple of warms up beforehand I think they would have beaten India.

They were wasting time in England.

PCT should have given more warm up matches on NY surface. They were disadvantaged and still put up a fight. Couple of warms up beforehand I think they would have beaten India.

They were wasting time in England.

India has played 2 or 3 matches. They still don't know how to bat here. This pitch will take 12 months to settle down. You cannot find a method. Pakistan also played one match. Today they were unable to force the issue to increase NRR. But Pakistan played on a decent batting wicket at Dallas. Both Haris Rauf and Shadab played at this venue during Major League Cricket. They definitely have an idea how the pitch is. How the ground dimension is. Should have done btter there.

Pak or India tournament usually decides on who wins the encounter between them. Whomever loses still think about the loss for rest of the tournament impacting their concentration and game play.

Which idiots at the ICC thought it would be clever to host WC games in Florida, when the rainy season there lasts from May through to September.

We now have flood warnings in Lauderhill, and it looks like USA vs Ireland, India vs Canada and Pakistan vs Ireland will be complete washouts.

What is this trend of Pakistanis wanting to sue ICC over anything and everything?

Rain is a part of the game. During 2019 World Cup, quite a few games got rained out in England.

This is so unfortunate, we don’t deserve this! Getting knocked out of the World Cup that we were all set to win with all bases covered as claimed
World class bowling led by the 3rd greatest pakistani pacer of all time, and world class batting led by the Bradman of t20 cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe PCB should sue ICC or ACB for the 1992 WC washed out game between Eng and Pak! Then the expectation of a Pak miracle every WC would not have existed !:)

Pakistan is not yet affected by rain. Maybe the game against Ireland is affected and so is USA vs Ireland but so far, it is their own fault to come to this low. Should have won both of their games so there was not need left to worry about.

Why don’t you first sue PCT for losing games they had no business losing?

The funny thing is, Despite Pakistan being a trash unit, they had no business losing 2 games like that.

USA game was won the moment USA chocked themselves in the foot. No one told shaheen to drop the catch, nor did anyone tell Rauf to be a run machine or Amir, rizwan and the fielder on point to collectively fumble the super over so bad.

India game, all that was needed was for the openers to play a bit faster and the death overs to bowl a bit better and not let India's fragile tail reach 120, they could have been bowled out for 100.

ACC added a reserve day for India Pakistan match in Asia cup. (Notable that Pakistan were at their very worst on that day, got defeated by record margin and lost all the momentum they had before the tournament and haven't recovered since.)
May be they can do the same for all Florida matches.

Who told you to lose the game against USA and India.

What a useless thread
Tbf if this thread wasn't made by a Pakistani delusional babar and rizwan hype machine, it could have been a good thread.

A valid complaint is why select florida when you're fully aware of the flood season. Look how badly England has been done dirty this season. Or how lucky Scotland is to escape Australia and possibly England granted Scotland seemed to he winning that game before washout.

Tbf if this thread wasn't made by a Pakistani delusional babar and rizwan hype machine, it could have been a good thread.

A valid complaint is why select florida when you're fully aware of the flood season. Look how badly England has been done dirty this season. Or how lucky Scotland is to escape Australia and possibly England granted Scotland seemed to he winning that game before washout.
Rain is part of the game. A lots of important game were abandoned due to rain so this is not new.

One win against Canada and Op think Pakistan is best in the world.

Rain is part of the game. A lots of important game were abandoned due to rain so this is not new.

One win against Canada and Op think Pakistan is best in the world.
Yes but never have I seen a tournament where England have been done so dirty.

Regardless the point stands. England fans aren't complaining. If you check ECB and ex English cricketers their outright saying that Australia is a part of the cup, if you can't beat em now, then you don't deserve to play them later and might as well exit the cup already.

Meanwhile Pakistani fans and ex cricketers are pulling albert einstein level maths to find a way for Pakistan entering S8

Regardless the point stands. England fans aren't complaining. If you check ECB and ex English cricketers their outright saying that Australia is a part of the cup, if you can't beat em now, then you don't deserve to play them later and might as well exit the cup already.

Meanwhile Pakistani fans and ex cricketers are pulling albert einstein level maths to find a way for Pakistan entering S8

There is a reason for that. Unlike England and other major countries, this is the only format where Pakistan can compete due to its abbreviated nature. Even the Pakistan's plans for the future revolve around finding players for the T20 squad rather than Tests or even one-dayers. England can talk about Ashes year long. Since teams don't take T20 bi-laterals seriously it has zero meaning attached to it. Some fans have already dissed Tests and One Dayers hyping T20 internationals to the moon. Imagine getting kicked out from the one format they think they are good at. This is a reality check. Unless and until Pakistan starts taking longer formats seriously this frustration will continue as T20 has evolved beyond Pakistan's capacity. Also T20 leagues have greater following than international T20 games. Look at the empty stands in West Indies.

If there are chances of floods then why cant icc actually change the venue. I d love to see crivket happen and teams to go through based on cricket and not weather.

Another outlandish excuse , a very good candidate to work in PCB , ridiculous

Suing isn't an option lol

Neither is moving games.

It is also unfeasible to construct stadiums with retracting roofs. Apart from India these stadiums will just lie empty most of the year.

The ICC should do something to decide rained out games though. There are two options that spring to mind.

1. Highest ranked side gets the 2 points - this then means there is some purpose to bilateral T20 series preceding the WC.
2. Bowl out - This could even be arranged in the rain or indoors somewhere in the stadium.

Neither option is ideal but both are better than points being split. I'd personally go for option 2. At least the fate of the game is somewhat in the hands of the players plus spectators get something to watch.

Pakistan should hand back the 1992 world cup too, without the rain interruption there was no chance of Semi final qualification :p
OP is a gem
Wrong.

Had you seen the WC in 1992, Pak were robbed off points vs SA, due to rain too. No rain vs SA, and Pak would have qualified without England.

Not even a week in and you have revealed everything.

I think Shaheen Shah Afridi should Sue PCB for appointing Babar Azam as captain again on the basis of his self-entitlement of taking the team to the final in 2022. As if Cricket merit was the reason why Pakistan played that Semi Final in the first place

Wrong.

Had you seen the WC in 1992, Pak were robbed off points vs SA, due to rain too. No rain vs SA, and Pak would have qualified without England.

Not even a week in and you have revealed everything.
By the way check the 92 world cup, Target was revised at over 21.3 of chase. Pakistan simply failed to achieve the target. Any more historical victimization you wish to get off your chest??

Tbh the pitches have been a welcome change.
The timing and crowds have been messed up but as a fast bowling fan I have loved the matches so far.

I had my reservations of hosting in US/WI but it’s been quite good.

Hosting in Florida is fine. Pakistan has themselves to blame

Real unlucky team is England who got canned by Australia. Lost the opportunity to beat Scotland. Now up against steep NRR. Rain can impact in West Indies too.
England and Pakistan booked on same flight home. ✈️

Similarly Ifti should sue Babar for dropping after his period of free riding in the team for so long and that umpire for not giving him a wide in the super over.

Iftimania has been hard done by. :ifticool

Childish Demand. Sue the ICC for the incompetence of our World class superstars.

ICC should sue back Pakistan for probably failing to qualify despite giving them an easy group on a platter by playing poor cricket and effecting their ratings.

This leg was designed to tap into USA market. THey have done extensive research and found there is market potential. They made 2 million dollars from tickets alone from India/Pakistan match. They included USA as host to create some enthusiasm among few USA cricket fans (born Americans). LIttle they know Pakistan would make cricket more famous in USA by losing to them.

This leg was designed to tap into USA market. THey have done extensive research and found there is market potential. They made 2 million dollars from tickets alone from India/Pakistan match. They included USA as host to create some enthusiasm among few USA cricket fans (born Americans). LIttle they know Pakistan would make cricket more famous in USA by losing to them.

The US have got a taste of cricket and Pakistan and India rivalry and the money that it brings.

There is a good chance of Pakistan and India playing quite a matches in the US over the next 10-15 years.

The US have got a taste of cricket and Pakistan and India rivalry and the money that it brings.

There is a good chance of Pakistan and India playing quite a matches in the US over the next 10-15 years.
I am hearing interesting thoughts from some Americans who love cricket on youtube. Yes there is a lot of potential. This is an interesting video worth a watch

Jos Buttler should be sued by England fans for selecting Will Jacks gentle off spinning pies to bowl against Australia in the PP! Losing a T20 game in just the second over is certainly impressive!

I think the Hazlewood comments today about NRR possibly being manipulated in order to exit England were below the belt and could attract some ICC attention, but at the same time, England haven’t been good enough so far.

I think the Hazlewood comments today about NRR possibly being manipulated in order to exit England were below the belt and could attract some ICC attention, but at the same time, England haven’t been good enough so far.
They haven't been good but they've only really played one gane against the strongest team.

Scotland was winning and bashing England yes but we don't know what score they would have ultimately gotten or if English batters would have chased it

Pak or India tournament usually decides on who wins the encounter between them. Whomever loses still think about the loss for rest of the tournament impacting their concentration and game play.
? We lost one game in worldcups to Pak.
We keep thinking about our losses against Aus and NZ ☹️ not Pakistan

Let's always blame others than correct ourselves, we could have been 3 out of 3 at this time, but well we want to peak at the right moment, ha ha, qudrat ke nizam showed middle finger to us :D

Good thread.

Irrespective of the results, wash-outs have big negative impact unnecessarily. The weather is like the 6th team in each group.

Yes I am sure that England fans and ex-English cricketers were devastated when England recovered from losing to Australia in the 2019 World Cup and being very close to group stage elimination to win the World Cup, demolishing Australia in the semifinal.

“if you can't beat em now, then you don't deserve to play them later and might as well exit the cup already.”

Thankfully Morgan and his players didn’t have this mentality in the 2019 World Cup.

You need to win the games that you play... that is the bottom line.

You win those and you're through, weather doesn't form into it.

My beef is this NY wicket..
It's more like an Uxbridge Club cricket wicket...

More over that hype about the battle of Nee York... how close is the ground to Manhattan?

Yes I am sure that England fans and ex-English cricketers were devastated when England recovered from losing to Australia in the 2019 World Cup and being very close to group stage elimination to win the World Cup, demolishing Australia in the semifinal.

“if you can't beat em now, then you don't deserve to play them later and might as well exit the cup already.”

Thankfully Morgan and his players didn’t have this mentality in the 2019 World Cup.
And? England was the best team in 2019, they deserved to win. Still seeking my attention?

If the venue at Lauderhill is already unusable, Pakistan should ask for the game to be move out to another venue.

It's one thing for rain to fall on that day but the pics I am seeing shows the ground underwater.
I agree...while Pakistan should have never been in such a situation, if the ground is already underwater days before due the actual match, then surely they're should be some contingency? Especially when there are flood warnings for the area?

Someone needs to introduce the game of TIP N RUN to Pakistan maybe that way they will understand the need to rotate the strike especially in the first 6 overs

I genuinely hope it rains,

If the venue at Lauderhill is already unusable, Pakistan should ask for the game to be move out to another venue.

It's one thing for rain to fall on that day but the pics I am seeing shows the ground underwater.
To be honest , they should reschedule SL vs Nepal as well, then

Anyone here from Florida? Maybe we can get the correct picture from them?

Actually , am OK if the Florida games are moved to NYC and Dallas. This is not a case of it raining on the match day or a day before. This is a flood watch warning a week before with grounds underwater. For fairness , all previous washed out games should be replayed as well. I dont know its even possible logistically - but still will be a fair option. If the rescheduled games at NYC or Dallas are washed out , then so be it and split the points. Atleast you have tried

Suing isn't an option lol

Neither is moving games.

It is also unfeasible to construct stadiums with retracting roofs. Apart from India these stadiums will just lie empty most of the year.

The ICC should do something to decide rained out games though. There are two options that spring to mind.

1. Highest ranked side gets the 2 points - this then means there is some purpose to bilateral T20 series preceding the WC.
2. Bowl out - This could even be arranged in the rain or indoors somewhere in the stadium.

Neither option is ideal but both are better than points being split. I'd personally go for option 2. At least the fate of the game is somewhat in the hands of the players plus spectators get something to watch.
I don't get it why ICC cannot move games specifically in Worldcups. I don't see any logical reasons.
As other stadiums are already equipped and ready to go for broadcast.
We have weather reports and enough time to move games.

Lauderhill stadium capacity is 20000 and Grand Prairie stadium capacity is 7000. Whose tickets will you cancel? That’s a lawsuit in the waiting!

I’m not even going on tickets and other organization challenges.

Jos Buttler should be sued by England fans for selecting Will Jacks gentle off spinning pies to bowl against Australia in the PP! Losing a T20 game in just the second over is certainly impressive!
Cannot believe Buttler won a world T20 lol It is a case of "inspite of Buttler" England won the world T20 not "Because of". He is a terrible captain.

Lauderhill stadium capacity is 20000 and Grand Prairie stadium capacity is 7000. Whose tickets will you cancel? That’s a lawsuit in the waiting!

I’m not even going on tickets and other organization challenges.

Give them a refund. Those are tiny capacities. They make way more in TV revenue, that's the main source.

Give them a refund. Those are tiny capacities. They make way more in TV revenue, that's the main source.
Yup that's the case. Justt refund all yhe Florida tickets- the broadcasters would love to eat that small cost. They lose a lot more if games are abandoned

The venues are set.
The die has been cast.
If it rains, them’s the breaks.
perhaps these points should have been raised when the ICC chose to play in the off season in the Caribbean and the rainy season in Florida …..but, of course, everything must bow down to the gods of franchise cricket.

Back