[VIDEOS] Pakistan should sue the ICC over selection of rain affected venues for ICC T20 World Cup 2024 games

Yup that's the case. Justt refund all yhe Florida tickets- the broadcasters would love to eat that small cost. They lose a lot more if games are abandoned

Nah, tv revenue easily makes up for it and more and they will fit it in elsewhere.

Lauderhill stadium capacity is 20000 and Grand Prairie stadium capacity is 7000. Whose tickets will you cancel? That’s a lawsuit in the waiting!

I’m not even going on tickets and other organization challenges.
Just refund the tickets lost

If the venue at Lauderhill is already unusable, Pakistan should ask for the game to be move out to another venue.

It's one thing for rain to fall on that day but the pics I am seeing shows the ground underwater.
I agree.

If the pitch at Lauderhill is already looking like a swimming pool, Pakistan should definitely ask for a switch. It’s not just about the rain on the day, but also about the state of the ground. Safety first.

Plus, everyone wants a good game, not a water polo match

I agree.

If the pitch at Lauderhill is already looking like a swimming pool, Pakistan should definitely ask for a switch. It’s not just about the rain on the day, but also about the state of the ground. Safety first.

Plus, everyone wants a good game, not a water polo match
All matches in Florida likely to washout not just Pakistan game well it's a shame that all matches likely to washout

All matches in Florida likely to washout not just Pakistan game well it's a shame that all matches likely to washout
Then why don't ICC take some steps about this known issue right now and move the games to some other venue. There is a solution to this problem no??

Then why don't ICC take some steps about this known issue right now and move the games to some other venue. There is a solution to this problem no??
I think there are 3 matches in Florida ICC should move the matches to dallas

They'll probably do it after the Pak match gets washed out.
United States vs Ireland play the first match in Florida and Pakistan vs Ireland match are the last one in Florida. Ireland play 2 match in Florida its Ireland who needs to sue icc

United States vs Ireland play the first match in Florida and Pakistan vs Ireland match are the last one in Florida. Ireland play 2 match in Florida its Ireland who needs to sue icc
Yeah Ireland may get a significantly reduced chance of qualifying compared to other teams.

Pakistan can buy the second hand drop in pitch from ICC?
Why would you buy and transport thousands of tons of soil across Atlantic and Indian Ocean?

Just hire a competent pitchmaker. That will get you your desired pitches with local soils. You can even have him/her train locals with their knowledge/skills and have dozens of unskilled Pakistani curators working your international grounds.

Why would you buy and transport thousands of tons of soil across Atlantic and Indian Ocean?

Just hire a competent pitchmaker. That will get you your desired pitches with local soils. You can even have him/her train locals with their knowledge/skills and have dozens of unskilled Pakistani curators working your international grounds.
Bro, he wasn't being literal. Read between the lines

We all know no rescheduling will happen. Lets not kid ourselves.

Pakistan is going to sit in their hotel rooms in Florida over the weekend and then leave on next flight home.

They wont be just sitting…they will be doing meet n greet in a restaurant. Since its raining they will give discounted prices. Also, will be cutting a “cake” for their best player of the torunment: Azam Tiger Khan!

Pakistan team must be praying for rain so they can avoid another potential loss against Ireland.

Cricket is a summer sport, so the World Cup should be played in a country during summer regardless of when that time of year is in that country

How you can be so stupid to schedule matches when there’s a high percentage of rain, it is cricket after all and rain is a big factor in the sport

It rains almost every day in Florida in this season but there is usually a spell of rain and then it gets sunny again.

These sort of non stop rains are rare.

If everyone knew the weather in advance why did Pakistan lose to USA and India?
Because Pakistan is a trash team. You don't see England complaining and they've truly been done dirty by rain.

But Pakistan had their destiny in their hands. They had to win 2 out of 3 games and get one extra free point but nope they botched it to epic proportions. It's all their fault.

Which idiots at the ICC thought it would be clever to host WC games in Florida, when the rainy season there lasts from May through to September.

We now have flood warnings in Lauderhill, and it looks like USA vs Ireland, India vs Canada and Pakistan vs Ireland will be complete washouts.

Pakistan are as good as knocked out guys. Our tournament is over
Pakistan should sue Jasprit Bumrah for sticking to tight lines to Pakistani batsmen

Can we start a class action lawsuit against the PCB? I think we might have a case.

During a YouTube program, Bazid Khan was asked about the weather conditions in Florida, and he said:

Which idiots at the ICC thought it would be clever to host WC games in Florida, when the rainy season there lasts from May through to September.

We now have flood warnings in Lauderhill, and it looks like USA vs Ireland, India vs Canada and Pakistan vs Ireland will be complete washouts.

Pakistan are as good as knocked out guys. Our tournament is over
funny - is he serious btw :rolleyes:

One or two matches getting washed out in a tournament is ok but this is different level. It is poor planning by ICC. However suing on this is getting too absurd.

Imad Wasim on rain drainage system in USA and its effects on Pakistan's games:

[Reporter:]

You were here at the ground from about 8 - 8.30 am yesterday and you saw for 4 or 5 hours there was no rain before 2 pm and today also there has hardly been any rain and two matches have not taken place and not just because it was an important match for you, just as at a World Cup, wouldn't you expect better drainage and to get a match on?

[Imad Wasim:]

It's not my domain to comment on this but you cannot control weather. I mean it was raining for the last week and literally like I have never seen rain in my life like that. So, you cannot blame the groundsman or the ICC. It's just the event, it's just the venue they have decided it before and I don't know It was it was tough that is washed out, but it is what it is. We shouldn't let this happen We should have We should have won our both games in order to be in a safe zone. But unfortunately, couldn't happen. But could not blame the weather or the groundsman.

During a YouTube program, Bazid Khan was asked about the weather conditions in Florida, and he said:

Where there is a will there is a way. Have alternate venues ready to go from beforehand. Its all about the attitude, which is currently laid back and lax.

Blame the ICC bunch incompetent and corrupt morons. Let's play a cricket world cup during the rainy season (The Caribbean).

Ramiz Raja while speaking on his Youtube channel:

"The match was supposed to take place in Florida, but the weather here is not conducive for cricket, and it has been raining here for a long time. So, one very important thing that cricket administration has to do, and do at the top level, is quick decision-making in such situations."

"For example, football and rugby have come a long way in decision-making because they make decisions quickly because there is very little politics, and they pay attention to the game so that it can flourish. And this game is running on two things, basically I am talking about cricket, one is fans, World Cup is a big stage, and the other is sponsors."

"So keeping both in front, I think the decision should have been taken much earlier that cricket is not going to happen here because of inclement weather, then you would have gone back to New York where it is 100 degrees at this time and the sun is shining. What happens is that the fans have bought tickets, and for Pakistan, for example, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, although it was very difficult, but at least there was a chance that some miracle would happen and Ireland, which is, would win the match from the USA and then Pakistan would defeat Ireland because anything is happening in this World Cup, this is such a World Cup happening."

Sunil Gavaskar expressed his outrage on a local sports channel after the India v Canada match was abandoned due to a wet outfield:

"Request To ICC, that it should not host the matches where there are no covers to cover the entire ground. You just can't cover the pitch and let the other parts of the ground get wet. So many people were waiting to see top stars in action but they were denied. This should not be the case."

While speaking to a sports media outlet, former England captain Nasser Hussain was left unimpressed with the fact that the playing conditions are different for the two semi-finals of the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2024:

"You can't have two semi-finals with two different playing conditions, where one has a rain day and the other one doesn't.”

"And it's given to India because of the TV audience in India, the biggest audience for the ICC [International Cricket Council]. Not just India, but Bangladesh, Pakistan and that part of the world."

"My thoughts are that the first part of the tournament seemed to meander along a little bit, with the long gaps... you could have got those games a bit closer together, rather than at the real business end have just one day between a crucial second semi-final and a final."

While speaking to a sports media outlet, former England captain Nasser Hussain was left unimpressed with the fact that the playing conditions are different for the two semi-finals of the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2024:

"You can't have two semi-finals with two different playing conditions, where one has a rain day and the other one doesn't.”

"And it's given to India because of the TV audience in India, the biggest audience for the ICC [International Cricket Council]. Not just India, but Bangladesh, Pakistan and that part of the world."

"My thoughts are that the first part of the tournament seemed to meander along a little bit, with the long gaps... you could have got those games a bit closer together, rather than at the real business end have just one day between a crucial second semi-final and a final."
I agree with the part of getting the first part over quickly. Second round look a rather hurried.

It would be unfair if England were to be eliminated today without playing a single ball. I think the ICC should revise the rules. In the knockout stage, every team deserves to win and progress to the final. There should be a reserve day.

India and Pakistan were placed in the easiest group in the table so that they both get through and meet again.
Everything was rigged for that to happen. Pakistan messed it up.

It would be unfair if England were to be eliminated today without playing a single ball. I think the ICC should revise the rules. In the knockout stage, every team deserves to win and progress to the final. There should be a reserve day.
Haha it was better for them to be eliminated that way so they could save themselves from such a humiliating defeat. :D

Back