[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Pakistan's ACC Asia Cup 2022 campaign

"Anyone" :uakmal

You mean anyone besides the opener and the middle-order batter that you wanted to play at 6? Lmao. Stop arguing in truisms and name an actual player bro.

His selection is wrong. He should not be anywhere near the national team. Play mohammed haris at 6 in T20s as well and give him 40 games as well surely he can't be worse

Last edited:
The team is well set for t20s.

Hassan missing out isn’t a big blow as he will not be as effective in UAE conditions I feel.

Naseem with his raw pace is a good alternative.

Nawaz and Shadab will cover the spin options.

My team for Asia cup would be Shadab at three to make the batting longer.

Babar
Rizwan
Shadab
Fakhar
Haider
Kushdil
Asif
Nawaz
Waseem
Shaheen
Rauf

A bowler who cant pick wickets will never be rated as one of the best.

Imad Wasim has a T20I bowling average of 23.49. Which means he picks up wicket after every 23 runs.

For context, Shaheen Shah Afridi has a T20I bowling average of 24.3 (in less matches)

So what are you trying to say exactly, that Shaheen Shah Afridi doesn't pick up wickets? Think carefully before you answer. Because it seems obvious to me that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Imad Wasim also has one of the very best T20I economy rates in the history of the game. Only five players in the history of T20I cricket have a better ER than Imad: Narine, Badree, Rashid Khan, Harbhajan and Mujeeb-Ur-Rehman.

His selection is wrong. He should not be anywhere near the national team. Play mohammed haris at 6 in T20s as well and give him 40 games as well surely he can't be worse

You've exposed yourself as someone with zero understanding of T20 cricket, and maybe cricket in general. No point arguing with you any further.

You've exposed yourself as someone with zero understanding of T20 cricket, and maybe cricket in general. No point arguing with you any further.

U defending asif Ali of all cricketers has exposed ur zero understanding of cricket. T20's require guys who can produce impact performances. Why has imad been dropped?? Definitely not because he’s a great undroppable t20 asset.
U are typical example of a fan who'll selectively use stats

U defending asif Ali of all cricketers has exposed ur zero understanding of cricket. T20's require guys who can produce impact performances. Why has imad been dropped?? Definitely not because he’s a great undroppable t20 asset.
U are typical example of a fan who'll selectively use stats

Imad Wasim has a T20I bowling average of 23.49. Which means he picks up wicket after every 23 runs.

For context, Shaheen Shah Afridi has a T20I bowling average of 24.3 (in less matches)

So what are you trying to say exactly, that Shaheen Shah Afridi doesn't pick up wickets? Think carefully before you answer. Because it seems obvious to me that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Imad Wasim also has one of the very best T20I economy rates in the history of the game. Only five players in the history of T20I cricket have a better ER than Imad: Narine, Badree, Rashid Khan, Harbhajan and Mujeeb-Ur-Rehman.

Better than someone who doesn't use them at all. Anyway, stop ducking and answer my question.

Better than someone who doesn't use them at all. Anyway, stop ducking and answer my question.

Not ducking at all. I didn't check his stats nor do I bother to keep track of players who have zero impact on the game. In ODI'S I can remember he averages in 40's based on which I assumed similar t20 stats.
Keeping aside the stats plz tell me why hasn't he been able to nail a spot? Answer my question

Not ducking at all. I didn't check his stats nor do I bother to keep track of players who have zero impact on the game. In ODI'S I can remember he averages in 40's based on which I assumed similar t20 stats.
Keeping aside the stats plz tell me why hasn't he been able to nail a spot? Answer my question

No, no, no. Hold on just a minute.

You said: "A bowler who cant pick wickets will never be rated as one of the best."

Imad Wasim has a better T20I bowling average and ER than Shaheen Shah Afridi. Which means he not only picks wickets more regularly than Shaheen, but he also goes for far less runs while picking up these wickets.

So if you are saying that Imad Wasim doesn't pick up wickets and can't be considered among the best, than by that same logic so can't Shaheen, who has a slightly worse bowling average and significantly worse ER than Imad Wasim.

Which means that you are basically saying that neither Shaheen can't be considered among the best T20 bowlers in the world. Right?

Last edited:

Well, you've exposed yourself in one fell swoop right here. Maybe don't get into arguments next time if your entire MO is 'assuming', 'not checking stats' and generally talking without zero common sense or logic.

You've destroyed your own credibility. Don't think there is anything left for me to add.

Last edited:
No, no, no. Hold on just a minute.

You said: "A bowler who cant pick wickets will never be rated as one of the best."

Imad Wasim has a better T20I bowling average and ER than Shaheen Shah Afridi. Which means he not only picks wickets more regularly than Shaheen, but he also goes for far less runs while picking up these wickets.

So if you are saying that Imad Wasim doesn't pick up wickets and can't be considered among the best, than by that same logic so can't Shaheen, who has a slightly worse bowling average and significantly worse ER than Imad Wasim.

Which means that you are basically saying that neither Shaheen can't be considered among the best T20 bowlers in the world. Right?

As I said I didn't know the stats.But I remember shaheen's match winning performance against India in WC. Don't remember any such performance from Imad.
Now please answer my question

Well, you've exposed yourself in one fell swoop right here. Maybe don't get into arguments next time if your entire MO is 'assuming', 'not checking stats' and generally talking without zero common sense or logic.

You've destroyed your own credibility. Don't think there is anything left for me to add.

Answer my question plz. Don't want Credibility certificate from you

As I said I didn't know the stats.But I remember shaheen's match winning performance against India in WC. Don't remember any such performance from Imad.
Now please answer my question

I see no reason to answer your question. You have completely destroyed your own credibility as it is by admitting that you didn't bother to check stats and "assumed" things.

So why should I answer your question? When you can't even be bothered to take a debate that you started seriously.

I know the answer (just as everyone else here does) but I won't answer it. Because I have zero respect for you as a poster and because you have zero credibility in my eyes.

As far as I am concerned you can take a hike.

Last edited:
I see no reason to answer your question. You have completely destroyed your own credibility as it is by admitting that you didn't bother to check stats and "assumed" things.

So why should I answer your question? When you can't even be bothered to take a debate that you started seriously.

I know the answer (just as everyone else here does) but I won't answer it. Because I have zero respect for you as a poster and because you have zero credibility in my eyes.

As far as I am concerned you can take a hike.

U don't have a genuine answer actually. M hardly bothered about ur respect,credibility blah blah.
M sure u'll keep defending mediocrity forever that tells a lot about u.

Asif Ali and Iftikhar are poor choices and fail 90% of time. Imad is better than Iftikhar as an all rounder.

People are underrating Imad the T20 cricketer.

He is a valuable asset for Pakistan in T20Is.
His tight economical bowling during the powerplay overs has always been a big plus for Pakistan in the UAE.

He bowls tight lines and doesn't allow batsmen to hit or rotate the strike, which often used to break their momentum and they would have to settle down for a 150-165 total.

His batting in the last overs was always a bonus, but it was his bowling in the initial overs that helped us win series after series during the Sarfaraz era.

His bowling made sure that opponents always had to settle for a modest total, for Babar to chase it comfortably later.

Pakistan have missed a trick here.

Let's be honest, our batting in 80% of the games is a 2 man operation and if Babar and Riz fail, we lose. What we need is guys like HA to step up.

I think people are being clouded by Imad's career stats in T20 but if you look at what he did the first 3-4 years vs the last 2-3 years, the difference is vast.

His T20 numbers since the 2019 WC: 23 matches, 33.12 AVG, 7.16 economy and only 16 wickets in these matches.

His numbers coincide with Pakistan not playing matches in UAE anymore as he has a 16.18 AVG and 5.56 economy in 17 matches in UAE vs 36.28 AVG and 6.51 economy in Pakistan. Overall, he has declined a bit too and that's because he is no longer in his prime & playing in his 20's anymore.

If the goal is to strictly win the Asia Cup alone, sure Imad has a good case to be on the squad but if he performs well, it means you need to carry him in the WC squad which will go quite poorly. His numbers are quite poor in Australia in ODI & T20's. Nawaz is also simply a better spinner & fielder.

Asif Ali and Iftikhar are poor choices and fail 90% of time. Imad is better than Iftikhar as an all rounder.

Agreed, the selectors are trolling us. Some things never change, i.e. constantly recycling trash from one series/tournament to the next.

Let's be honest, our batting in 80% of the games is a 2 man operation and if Babar and Riz fail, we lose. What we need is guys like HA to step up.

Which is why we need to give HA a fair run at a fixed position (no.4 imo) to give him a chance to cement his place.

No it isn’t in UAE other batsmen have made runs to win the match in the past problem is becoming to attached to players because that’s all we see once we struggle in the WC in high scoring games only then we will see why Babar and Rizwan isn’t the opening partnership needed in the big games against the best teams look at the semi final in the last WC as a prime example.

By then it will be too late but that’s Pakistan cricket after losing they will still open not enough flexibility to be a top team.

In T20s and ODIs winning a few series against B teams does not make you a top team you have to win WCs beat the best in these matches.

If you play different batsmen on flat wickets against weaker bowling they can score runs its the big matches in WCs that count.

Raza Hasan probably has the best economy although he has played less matches in T20Is he could be a useful limited overs bowlers and a test bowler aswell but he’s not in contention better than Zahid and Qadir that’s for sure.

1.Babar
2. Rizwan
3. Fakhar
4. Haider
5. Ifti
6. Khushdil/Asif
7. Nawaz
8. Shadab
9. Shaheen
10. Rauf
11. Dahani

Ifti is a decent shout considering WC is in Australia.

Dahani should start over Waseem.

Agreed the side feels more for Aus.
Lacking another proper spinner for Asia Cup in the UAE.

No it isn’t in UAE other batsmen have made runs to win the match in the past problem is becoming to attached to players because that’s all we see once we struggle in the WC in high scoring games only then we will see why Babar and Rizwan isn’t the opening partnership needed in the big games against the best teams look at the semi final in the last WC as a prime example.

By then it will be too late but that’s Pakistan cricket after losing they will still open not enough flexibility to be a top team.

In T20s and ODIs winning a few series against B teams does not make you a top team you have to win WCs beat the best in these matches.

If you play different batsmen on flat wickets against weaker bowling they can score runs its the big matches in WCs that count.

No, it's a 2 man operation and when they fail, we mostly lose. On the odd occasion the other guys step up. Your confusing finishing games with guys that do the hard yards at the start. All are important but without the runs of these guys we lose more often than not.

Very strong team in T20 format and in these conditions. I would perhaps only have included Imad Wasim instead of Nawaz.

Pakistan should be upset if they cant win Asia cup this time with the team they have and the venue where matches being played. They wont win the WT20 though...so this trophy is their best chance.

For India - Pakistan game, lets see how the man to man looking (in current form):

Babar > Rohit
Rizwan > KL Rahul
Zaman > Kohli
Haidar < SKY
Khusdil = Pant
Asif Ali > Pandya
Iftiqar = Jadeja
Shadab = Chahal
Dahani < Bhuvi
Shaheen > Bumrah
Rauf > Harshal

So if we access the above -
1. Pakistan got better top 3 than India
2. Pakistan got better pace attack than India
3. Middle order and spin department is touch and go for both teams with perhaps India having slight advantage.

Pakistan's USP will be - Afridi's new ball spell and Babar-Rizwan opening combo.

Very strong team in T20 format and in these conditions. I would perhaps only have included Imad Wasim instead of Nawaz.

Pakistan should be upset if they cant win Asia cup this time with the team they have and the venue where matches being played. They wont win the WT20 though...so this trophy is their best chance.

For India - Pakistan game, lets see how the man to man looking (in current form):

Babar > Rohit
Rizwan > KL Rahul
Zaman > Kohli
Haidar < SKY
Khusdil = Pant
Asif Ali > Pandya
Iftiqar = Jadeja
Shadab = Chahal
Dahani < Bhuvi
Shaheen > Bumrah
Rauf > Harshal

3. Middle order and spin department is touch and go for both teams with perhaps India having slight advantage.

Pakistan's USP will be - Afridi's new ball spell and Babar-Rizwan opening combo.

You are being too generous in your comparison, may be just trying to pass under the radar.
Badal hai soch kar advantage le raha hai.

Babar > Rohit
Rizwan > KL Rahul
Zaman > Kohli
Haidar < SKY
Khusdil = Pant
Asif Ali > Pandya
Iftiqar = Jadeja
Shadab = Chahal
Dahani < Bhuvi
Shaheen > Bumrah
Rauf > Harshal

You are being too generous in your comparison, may be just trying to pass under the radar.
Badal hai soch kar advantage le raha hai.

To this date India has a better team than Pakistan, although the gap isn't as large as last year but still India is better.

What happened last year isn't going to be repeated every year.

The team is well set for t20s.

Hassan missing out isn’t a big blow as he will not be as effective in UAE conditions I feel.

Naseem with his raw pace is a good alternative.

Nawaz and Shadab will cover the spin options.

My team for Asia cup would be Shadab at three to make the batting longer.

Babar
Rizwan
Shadab
Fakhar
Haider
Kushdil
Asif
Nawaz
Waseem
Shaheen
Rauf

LOL no offense buddy but we will be 10-4 in 3 overs with this lineup…

Babar > Rohit
Rizwan > KL Rahul
Zaman > Kohli
Haidar < SKY
Khusdil = Pant
Asif Ali > Pandya
Iftiqar = Jadeja
Shadab = Chahal
Dahani < Bhuvi
Shaheen > Bumrah
Rauf > Harshal

There is no way that Khushdil is equal to Pant and Asif Ali is better than Pandya

I think this batting XI can do great in Australia. Iftikhar and Rizwan showed they can score runs in Australian and New Zealand conditions before. I believe Haider Ali can come up as the young star of the world cup for Pakistan, he find his feet back and regain his confidence.

We've got to trust Haider and play him as much as possible to make him ready for WC. He was pretty amazing in his last series(WI).

No. 4 spot should go to Haider Ali.

Not sure why so many people have faith in Haider Ali. Seems like a hack and a mental midget - especially in UAE where after a few balls he’ll just slog to mid wicket and end his misery.

Happy to be proven wrong though..

Raza Hasan probably has the best economy although he has played less matches in T20Is he could be a useful limited overs bowlers and a test bowler aswell but he’s not in contention better than Zahid and Qadir that’s for sure.

He used to be very good before he had his substance abuse issues. But at this stage of his career I don't see him making a comeback. He hasn't played a T20 in four years.

Not sure why so many people have faith in Haider Ali. Seems like a hack and a mental midget - especially in UAE where after a few balls he’ll just slog to mid wicket and end his misery.

Happy to be proven wrong though..

He isn't a hack. Have you seen his cover drive?

In t20s, most impactful players play like hacks. He just has to improve his shot selection. That will come with more games. He did very well in his last t20 series vs WI.

We need to fix a position for him (no. 4 imo) and then give him a fair run there. He has been shifted around so far.

Lahore, 3 August 2022: Pakistan today announced its 16-player squad for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League fixtures against the Netherlands from 16-21 August and a 15-member side for the ACC T20 Asia Cup, which will be played in the United Arab Emirates from 27 August to 11 September.

Fast bowler Naseem Shah has been named in both the squads in place of Hasan Ali, while Salman Ali Agha, who toured England in 2021 for the ODIs, has been recalled. Shaheen Shah Afridi has been retained in the ODI and T20I squads, and his rehabilitation programme will be overseen by the team trainer and physiotherapist, who will also decide on his return to international cricket.

There will be five changes from the Netherlands ODI squad to the ACC T20 Asia Cup side. Abdullah Shafique, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Haris, Salman Ali Agha and Zahid Mehmood will be replaced by Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed and Usman Qadir.

Squad:

Pakistan squad for ACC T20 Asia Cup - Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab), Shadab Khan (vice-captain) (Northern), Asif Ali (Northern), Fakhar Zaman (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Haider Ali (Northern), Haris Rauf (Northern), Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Khushdil Shah (Southern Punjab), Mohammad Nawaz (Northern), Mohammad Rizwan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Wasim Jnr (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Naseem Shah (Southern Punjab), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Shahnawaz Dahani (Sindh) and Usman Qadir (Central Punjab)

Player Support Personnel: Mansoor Rana (manager), Saqlain Mushtaq (head coach), Shahid Aslam (assistant to head coach), Mohammad Yousuf (batting coach), Shaun Tait (bowling coach), Drikus Simmon (trainer/strength & conditioning coach), Cliffe Deacon (physiotherapist), Abdul Majeed (fielding coach), Ibrahim Badees (media and digital manager), Lt Col (retd) Asif Mahmood (team security manager), Talha Ejaz (team analyst), Malang Ali (team masseur) and Dr Najeebullah Soomro (team doctor). Col Muhammad Imran will replace Lt Col Asif Mahmood as team security manager for the ACC T20I Asia Cup.

Chief selector Muhammad Wasim: “We have only made changes that were necessary. Both the competitions are important for us and, as such, we have picked our best available players in consultation with the captain and head coach.

“Hasan has been given a break from international cricket and he has been replaced by Naseem Shah. He is express fast and can give further impetus to the fast bowling department, which already boasts Haris Rauf, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shahnawaz Dahani. Naseem has not played any international white-ball cricket, but he has demonstrated with the red-ball that he is an attacking option with good pace and controlled swing.

“Salman Ali Agha has been recalled to the ODI side after he performed well in the past two Pakistan Cup tournaments, averaging 40.33 and 48.8, respectively. He also gives Babar Azam an additional bowling option.”

The training camp for the players will be held in Lahore from 6-11 August, during which they will also play two 50-over matches. The side will depart for Amsterdam in the wee hours of Friday, 12 August. T20I players will join the squad in Dubai for the ACC T20 Asia Cup on 22 August.

ACC T20 Asia Cup

Group A – India, Pakistan and Qualifier (one of UAE, Kuwait and Hong Kong to qualify)

Group B – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka

28 Aug – Pakistan v India, Dubai

2 Sep – Pakistan v Qualifier, Sharjah

3-9 Sep – Super Four Stage

11 Sep – Final, Dubai

Chacha (Iftikhar) & Asif Ali are back but no Imad Wasim.
PCB continues to show groupings and favoritism.
Asif Ali has pitifully few performances to justify selection. Same for Chacha, he has done little at the international level. Imad At least deserves to be in the squad.
Another example of exclusion is Shahnawaz Dhani who is left on the bench, I guess he needs a 5 wicket haul to get 2 or 3 consecutive matches.

Aside from BD and that game against Aus B side, he has gone at 9+ runs an over.

He can't even land the yorker most times and is there for the taking, especially against full fledged sides during the T20 WC.

Pretty new to the circuit, has done reasonably well in the limited opportunities he has got so far.

Played two ODI matches at home vs WI as well with 4 wickets and economy of 4.85. Can only perform against teams he play against.

His T20Is have been mainly against WI and yes he has hide high economy while taking bunch of wickets but, again we need to have realistic expectations from young players that come onto the scene. No one comes in for any national team and starts performing at extraordinary level straight away. Yes you have to judge players and invest in the right potential which Wasim showed at domestic level and made way to the national team. Too early to judge him at this level.

Last edited:
Pretty new to the circuit, has done reasonably well in the limited opportunities he has got so far.

Played two ODI matches at home vs WI as well with 4 wickets and economy of 4.85. Can only perform against teams he play against.

His T20Is have been mainly against WI and yes he has hide high economy while taking bunch of wickets but, again we need to have realistic expectations from young players that come onto the scene. No one comes in for any national team and starts performing at extraordinary level straight away. Yes you have to judge players and invest in the right potential which Wasim showed at domestic level and made way to the national team. Too early to judge him at this level.

Complete disagree.

If he has potential then he should be given chances, but he is low quality and intl. cricket isn't for developing, that is what domestic cricket is for.

He needs to improve massively before playing for Pak.

U don't have a genuine answer actually. M hardly bothered about ur respect,credibility blah blah.
M sure u'll keep defending mediocrity forever that tells a lot about u.

Imad wasim deserves to be in the squad he is consistant in what he does however that doesn't mean he should ahead of Nawaz.

My xi for Asia cup.Imad Wasim should be in the squad instead of Qadir.

Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Haider Ali
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Naseem
Dahani

I think people are being clouded by Imad's career stats in T20 but if you look at what he did the first 3-4 years vs the last 2-3 years, the difference is vast.

His T20 numbers since the 2019 WC: 23 matches, 33.12 AVG, 7.16 economy and only 16 wickets in these matches.

His numbers coincide with Pakistan not playing matches in UAE anymore as he has a 16.18 AVG and 5.56 economy in 17 matches in UAE vs 36.28 AVG and 6.51 economy in Pakistan. Overall, he has declined a bit too and that's because he is no longer in his prime & playing in his 20's anymore.

If the goal is to strictly win the Asia Cup alone, sure Imad has a good case to be on the squad but if he performs well, it means you need to carry him in the WC squad which will go quite poorly. His numbers are quite poor in Australia in ODI & T20's. Nawaz is also simply a better spinner & fielder.

Good points

They pick Asif Ali due to the fact there is no hitter available. The thing is there is also nobody who can come in at no 6 and smash the ball.

People thinking pak will beat india need to think twice. India does have the ability to strike big, pak does have a chance as UAE conditions are not ideal for big shots.

Complete disagree.

If he has potential then he should be given chances, but he is low quality and intl. cricket isn't for developing, that is what domestic cricket is for.

He needs to improve massively before playing for Pak.

Well, at the moment your statement that he is low quality cant really be backed by stats or facts (Unless I am missing something). So saying it this early would be premature judgement in my opinion when the guy has been doing well in little opportunities. Further its not like Pak has luxury of pacers who can bat a bit alongside being able to bowl at 140kph, thats the spot he has been competing for after Faheem was sidelined from white ball setup due to stagnant growth.

Ofcourse you cant predict the future however, I dont agree with you statement at the moment when the guy has created impact in domestic cricket (Including the QAE final), PSL.

Yes selection was premature but, then thats more than half the current Pakistan side for you where even some of the current stars were prematurely selected to make them learn on the field.

Last edited:
My xi for Asia cup.Imad Wasim should be in the squad instead of Qadir.

Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Haider Ali
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Naseem
Dahani

Apart from Babar and Rizwan there is not a single genuine batsmen. Alarming signs for !

No, it's a 2 man operation and when they fail, we mostly lose. On the odd occasion the other guys step up. Your confusing finishing games with guys that do the hard yards at the start. All are important but without the runs of these guys we lose more often than not.

That’s because they always open even against Namibia B they will open in the last WC only against India did they play well (below par target) otherwise impact was minimal against New Zealand Afghanistan and against Australia the main reason for the loss was the openers playing too slow scoring 70 runs in the first 10 overs on a wicket where 190 was needed.

When this happens again then fans will see what’s going on in an era of flat wickets and weaker bowling in bilaterals there’s a reason why different batsmen score runs but in big matches and WCs against full strength teams their weakness is exposed but with Pakistan nothing changes instead of trying something different the same things are repeated over and over.

He used to be very good before he had his substance abuse issues. But at this stage of his career I don't see him making a comeback. He hasn't played a T20 in four years.

He’s still better than Qadir Zahid Nauman they aren’t international quality bowlers Raza is definitely an upgrade on them if he plays international he can play PSL too which he hasn’t got a chance to play in.

That’s because they always open even against Namibia B they will open in the last WC only against India did they play well (below par target) otherwise impact was minimal against New Zealand Afghanistan and against Australia the main reason for the loss was the openers playing too slow scoring 70 runs in the first 10 overs on a wicket where 190 was needed.

When this happens again then fans will see what’s going on in an era of flat wickets and weaker bowling in bilaterals there’s a reason why different batsmen score runs but in big matches and WCs against full strength teams their weakness is exposed but with Pakistan nothing changes instead of trying something different the same things are repeated over and over.

When the crunch game against Ind came and they performed and performed in a historical manner, you glibly give it a bye note. Without these 2, we are nothing at this point in our development. They perform, we win, they dont, we mainly lose. The other guys are at best average and at worst, a total waste of time.

When the crunch game against Ind came and they performed and performed in a historical manner, you glibly give it a bye note. Without these 2, we are nothing at this point in our development. They perform, we win, they dont, we mainly lose. The other guys are at best average and at worst, a total waste of time.

Yes they performed well against India but not so well against the other teams and when a high scoring match came along they couldn’t do it do you understand my point 1 good match from the openers out of 4 isn’t good enough.

A similar scenario is likely in Australia where most matches could be high scoring it’s too late to change it after the tournament the likelihood is even then they will open that’s why Pakistan is regularly not able to beat the best teams fail doing something then repeat it over and over the top teams have better planning and are more flexible.

Yes they performed well against India but not so well against the other teams and when a high scoring match came along they couldn’t do it do you understand my point 1 good match from the openers out of 4 isn’t good enough.

A similar scenario is likely in Australia where most matches could be high scoring it’s too late to change it after the tournament the likelihood is even then they will open that’s why Pakistan is regularly not able to beat the best teams fail doing something then repeat it over and over the top teams have better planning and are more flexible.

They are fine and not the problem. They arent perfect but when they score we are more likely to win. The Ind monkey is off our back and the going forward that is huge. Our problem is the lack of quality in the middle order, a problem that has led to average to mediocre players like Malik and Hafeez getting 15 more years than they deserved.

Well, at the moment your statement that he is low quality cant really be backed by stats or facts (Unless I am missing something). So saying it this early would be premature judgement in my opinion when the guy has been doing well in little opportunities. Further its not like Pak has luxury of pacers who can bat a bit alongside being able to bowl at 140kph, thats the spot he has been competing for after Faheem was sidelined from white ball setup due to stagnant growth.

Ofcourse you cant predict the future however, I dont agree with you statement at the moment when the guy has created impact in domestic cricket (Including the QAE final), PSL.

Yes selection was premature but, then thats more than half the current Pakistan side for you where even some of the current stars were prematurely selected to make them learn on the field.

Like I said in the previous post, his real economy has been 9+ in intl. cricket.

Same in domestic T20's and in this years PSL, he had an economy of 11.20.

Clearly, he is not good enough to play for Pak with such numbers.

You're looking at the wrong numbers.

Like I said in the previous post, his real economy has been 9+ in intl. cricket.

Same in domestic T20's and in this years PSL, he had an economy of 11.20.

Clearly, he is not good enough to play for Pak with such numbers.

You're looking at the wrong numbers.

What do you mean by real economy? He played 7 out of his 9 T20I matches against WI and hasn’t played much otherwise. Yes it has been high but its not the only parameter so especially so early in someone’s career.

Hi ODI economy is 4.85, then does it make him a star and success? And again as mentioned he was considered a like to like replacement to Faheem, someone who can bat but, with better pace with bowl and ability to reverse.

I guess lets agree to disagree here and wish the guy all the best for the future.

He’s still better than Qadir Zahid Nauman they aren’t international quality bowlers Raza is definitely an upgrade on them if he plays international he can play PSL too which he hasn’t got a chance to play in.

It’s absurd to think Raza is going to walk into the international team off the street.
I get he was good and a promising cricketer but the ship has sailed. He’s going to get selected on what criteria? He isn’t playing anywhere.

Whats haider ali doing in the squad?
Also pakistan will miss imad wasim. Usman qadir isnt good enough to represent pakistan.

It’s absurd to think Raza is going to walk into the international team off the street.
I get he was good and a promising cricketer but the ship has sailed. He’s going to get selected on what criteria? He isn’t playing anywhere.

He was playing domestic cricket last season did pick up wickets probably will again this year but he hasn’t played PSL that’s the issue no doubt he’s a better bowler than Qadir Zahid and Nauman even Nawaz whose an all rounder.

Age wise he’s close to 30 near his prime why can’t he play for Pakistan when we select mediocre players why can’t he play and with him in the team we could’ve beat Australia last year as Hasan went at 11 an over surely he would’ve done better.

Fakhar isn't a genuine batter ?
Haider isn't a genuine batter ?

Fakhar and Haider maybe Umar Akmal have a much better chance of winning high scoring matches than Babar and Rizwan.

We will see when they play a similar scenario is likely after last years loss against Australia where they played the most balls and didn’t score enough only Fakhar played a decent innings there.

What do you mean by real economy? He played 7 out of his 9 T20I matches against WI and hasn’t played much otherwise. Yes it has been high but its not the only parameter so especially so early in someone’s career.

Hi ODI economy is 4.85, then does it make him a star and success? And again as mentioned he was considered a like to like replacement to Faheem, someone who can bat but, with better pace with bowl and ability to reverse.

I guess lets agree to disagree here and wish the guy all the best for the future.

Real economy meaning, outside of playing against BD and Aus B side.

Yep, let's agree to disagree.

Most of our fast bowlers are not good we haven’t won a test in SENA for years and in world cups the fast bowlers leak runs on better batting wickets mostly our team batsmen and bowlers like easier opposition and go missing in big games against the best teams.

I heard people have been crying about PCB not selecting Shoaib Malik though, I don't know why people can't move on when their favorite player has not been selected... Again not everyone was happy about the selection... it's just basically ********* of these old players that need to move on.

Fakhar and Haider maybe Umar Akmal have a much better chance of winning high scoring matches than Babar and Rizwan.

We will see when they play a similar scenario is likely after last years loss against Australia where they played the most balls and didn’t score enough only Fakhar played a decent innings there.

Umar akmal are you joking or being serious he's not in contention for a place in the world cup squad.

Most of our fast bowlers are not good we haven’t won a test in SENA for years and in world cups the fast bowlers leak runs on better batting wickets mostly our team batsmen and bowlers like easier opposition and go missing in big games against the best teams.

Can you please put up stats to back your argument.

I heard people have been crying about PCB not selecting Shoaib Malik though, I don't know why people can't move on when their favorite player has not been selected... Again not everyone was happy about the selection... it's just basically ********* of these old players that need to move on.

It's a good decision espically bearing in mind the world cup is in Australia.

It's a good decision espically bearing in mind the world cup is in Australia.

Ikr... But still, my fb news feed was filled with "why shoaib malik is not selected", "why muhammad amir is not selected" and then there was a post by Shaista Lodhi about Shoaib Malik..

Can you please put up stats to back your argument.

Last World Cup match (only high scoring match) against Australia fast bowlers went for plenty next World Cup similar things will happen.

No test wins outside Asia apart from one against the Windies the fast bowlers are underperforming in helpful conditions we haven’t won a test in SENA for 3-4 years plenty of proof our fast bowlers are overhyped and don’t perform against the best teams.

Pakistan's main XI should be -

Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Nawaz
Shadab
Wasim
Shaheen
Haris
Naseem

Thin batting lineup that will heavily depend on either Babar or Rizwan to bat through the overs. In case of a collapse I would like for Shadab and Nawaz to bat above Khushdil because we have to save Khushdil for the death overs. Asif Ali is too unreliable to be in this lineup.

It was a tough choice between Naseem and Dahani but I went with Naseem because he had a better economy rate in this year's PSL.

Umar akmal are you joking or being serious he's not in contention for a place in the world cup squad.

I’m just saying who can potentially help the team win whether the selectors pick them or not.

Umar would’ve been a better pick as opener in the last WC match against Australia he would’ve made a quick 40 50 or got out early not wasting balls like our openers did.

I’m just saying who can potentially help the team win whether the selectors pick them or not.

Umar would’ve been a better pick as opener in the last WC match against Australia he would’ve made a quick 40 50 or got out early not wasting balls like our openers did.

Give it a break . He has a SR of 122, considerably less than both babar and Rizwan!

Last World Cup match (only high scoring match) against Australia fast bowlers went for plenty next World Cup similar things will happen.

No test wins outside Asia apart from one against the Windies the fast bowlers are underperforming in helpful conditions we haven’t won a test in SENA for 3-4 years plenty of proof our fast bowlers are overhyped and don’t perform against the best teams.

160-180 is about par.Thats in tests we're i don't believe we have had a single bowler play more than 20 tests.pakistan has a good record in England in the last couple years.

Would they have got to we're did they with umar akmal as a opener ?

Give it a break . He has a SR of 122, considerably less than both babar and Rizwan!

He’s never opened the innings! Opening is easier than the middle order in T20s different era he played in aswell 10 years ago in today’s era Umar could score one of the fastest 100s in ODIs and T20s on his day on a flat wicket against reserve bowling attacks.

He’s a better hitter of fast bowling than most in Pakistan he could be useful as an opening batsman.

Would they have got to we're did they with umar akmal as a opener ?

Yes only match they helped win was against India even then the middle order would’ve won it if they got out early as the target was under par they had little impact in the other matches.

A bowler who cant pick wickets will never be rated as one of the best.

Don’t know how true that is for T20s. There’s definitely a focus on containing runs as Sunil Narine recently said as well. Bowling often has to be defensive in the shortest formats.

Back