[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Pakistan's ACC Asia Cup 2022 campaign

Pakistan's squad for the Asia Cup starts gathering in Dubai after arrival of the main players from Amsterdam

The squad will rest at the team hotel today
Iftikhar Ahmed, Usman Qadir, Haider Ali and Asif Ali will reach Dubai from Lahore in the afternoon

Mohammad Hasnain will arrive in UAE from UK

Pakistan cricket team will start training sessions in Dubai from tomorrow

Pakistan will play its first match in the tournament on August 28 against India

Fa0N3qFXwAEh3Xb.jpgFa0N3qDX0AAMlTl.jpgFa0N3qDWYAANnIt.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistan's squad for the Asia Cup starts gathering in Dubai after arrival of the main players from Amsterdam

The squad will rest at the team hotel today
Iftikhar Ahmed, Usman Qadir, Haider Ali and Asif Ali will reach Dubai from Lahore in the afternoon

Mohammad Hasnain will arrive in UAE from UK

Pakistan cricket team will start training sessions in Dubai from tomorrow

Pakistan will play its first match in the tournament on August 28 against India

View attachment 116846View attachment 116844View attachment 116845

Shaheen still with the team? I can see him in the picture.

I will go with this team against India

Babar
Rizwan
Fakhar
Haider Ali
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Shadab
Nawaz
Rauf
Naseem
Dahani

Its obvious what Pakistans line up would be for the 28th

Babar Azam
Mohd Rizwan
Fakhar Zaman
Haider Ali
Kushdil Shah
Asif Ali
Shadab Khan
Mohammed Nawaz
Mohammed Wasim
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf

It could be a toss up between iftikar and haider. Iftikar can give in an over or two. But haider is a better bat

Umer Rashid, one of the highly-rated bowling coaches at the National High Performance Centre, has been added to the Pakistan men’s side as assistant to the fast bowling coach for the Asia Cup.

Umer has worked in the development of all the national side fast bowlers since their early days, including helping Mohammad Hasnain to return to competitive cricket. In the new role with the national side, Umer will support Pakistan fast bowling coach Shaun Tait in the United Arab Emirates.

Umer has been included in the player support personnel list on the recommendation of head coach Saqlain Mushtaq.

Pakistan batting order in the last T20 match vs Australia:

Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Khushdil
Asif

My guess is they'll go with the same. I would like Haider in there but I am not sure how good he is vs spin which is set to be a big factor in the first match.

Pakistan didn't have Shadab/Nawaz in that Australia match which ended up making a huge difference. I think they'll end up going with Naseem & Wasim over Dahani.

Pictures (courtesy of the PCB) of the Pakistan squad practicing at the ICC Academy in Dubai ahead of their crucial game against India at the Asia Cup 2022

a17aa56e-a0f7-4736-8b6b-4fdedd717177.jpgf8991c90-de7a-468f-9a67-d7b8558bd378.jpge03d75c6-7cb1-416b-931f-8b0e34bee3ea.jpg843c5dac-2b6c-4fbd-ab64-a650a6d06054.jpg

Mohammad Yousuf speaking to the media:

About the game with India

"Our first thought is about winning the ACC Asia Cup, and all our players are very keen for that; We are looking towards planning for the whole tournament and not just for the game against India to see how we can win this tournament"

"Babar has shown that he is a great player and plays even better when faced with pressure; He's heading towards greatness infact he is already great given the way he is performing in all formats of the game, and to perform so well whilst captaining the side is a big achievement"

"I like to listen to what players have to say and then based on that, I see how best I can support the players in their plans"

Last edited:
Its obvious what Pakistans line up would be for the 28th

Babar Azam
Mohd Rizwan
Fakhar Zaman
Haider Ali
Kushdil Shah
Asif Ali
Shadab Khan
Mohammed Nawaz
Mohammed Wasim
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf

It could be a toss up between iftikar and haider. Iftikar can give in an over or two. But haider is a better bat

Right good team

Broadcast photoshoot

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/cgu3al" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Pictures of Pakistan squad practicing ahead of their tournament-opener against India

Fa_zfwNWIAAYrYT.jpgFa_zfveXoAA6Az_.jpgFa_zfwrXwAAJI0x.jpg

Wasim Jnr got back pain while bowling. He is sent to Hospital for MRI.

Umer Rashid, one of the highly-rated bowling coaches at the National High Performance Centre, has been added to the Pakistan men’s side as assistant to the fast bowling coach for the Asia Cup.

Umer has worked in the development of all the national side fast bowlers since their early days, including helping Mohammad Hasnain to return to competitive cricket. In the new role with the national side, Umer will support Pakistan fast bowling coach Shaun Tait in the United Arab Emirates.

Umer has been included in the player support personnel list on the recommendation of head coach Saqlain Mushtaq.

You need an extra plane to take all the pointless support staff on these tours. How long before he needs an assistant?

Pakistan player's had a gym session in their team hotel

abcaa350-3de2-492f-9ccf-bd50756d61c3.jpg01a65c43-e5b9-472c-b75d-c372c919d1e1.jpgdff82955-54e4-47e8-8d8e-0c2047751d2d.jpg1df60583-5ffd-43ad-85d1-e27c0481609c.jpg6a3a84d6-dbe0-41a8-a1f0-8abdcd8f818d.jpgbab5c34f-afc0-4181-b4fc-fda3ed71ca03.jpg

Pakistan players continue training

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/wa1gkc" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Shadab Khan in a PCB article:

There is a light at the end of every dark tunnel and the global pandemic Covid-19 became a blessing in disguise for us as it transformed a group of cricketers into a tightly-connected family. The restrictions of bio-secure bubble played a vital role in making this happen.

Prior to the pandemic, we had traveled together and shared the same dressing room, dining areas and prayer mats, but the bio-secure environment meant we were disconnected from the outside world on tours and whatever we wanted to do, it had to be in the team environment.

Here, I am talking about months and not days!

While these restrictions affected other players and teams differently, it worked positively for us as we turned from friends and well-wishers to people who cared for each other, celebrated each other’s successes and also learnt to forgive. It gave us an opportunity to come closer, and understand and learn each other better than before.

The other factor, of course, was Babar Azam and his persona around us. He was not only leading us from the front, but had also empowered the team with a great confidence. He had eliminated the senior-junior concept and seeded a philosophy of ‘everyone matters’.

I would like to give Babar a lot of credit on his man management skills, handling the pressures and demands of captaincy, and then performing day in day out with absolute consistency and professionally at such a young age. He had proved to be a worthy leader, who has earned respect of his colleagues and peers through his strong work ethics, caring attitude and sublime performances.

We are now not just a team of 11 or 15 players, but a family, which believes in collaboration, unity and team-work, and follows the never-say-die approach. We have introduced such a culture, where a youngster can speak openly and frankly, and give input in front of the seniors, which is ultimately leading us to unity, openness and improved performances.

We all are very excited to be back in the United Arab Emirates. We have some fond memories of Dubai and had a great run in ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 about 12 months ago. Prior to that, we enjoyed great successes here against the top-notch sides across all three formats.

The dressing room is calm and relaxed, but we aren’t complacent. We are trying to keep things simple and straight, and our focus is one game at a time.

Like any competition, Sunday’s match is important as it will set the tone for the remaining matches. But we are not overthinking, a tactic that worked for all of us last year.

Shaheen Shah Afridi’s absence is a blow as he is our main strike bowler. But the beauty of cricket is that it’s not an individual but a team game. We have many match-winning bowlers in our family and I have confidence in Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Shahnawaz Dahani and others, who will surely step-up and will succeed in filling the big boots of Shaheen.

Personally, I want to be the player of the Asia Cup. I know it is easier said than done when there are so many world-class competitors, but where there is a will, there is a way. I remain committed to delivering my best possible efforts and I am confident I will be rewarded with success and achievements.

It will be great if I can translate my dreams of lifting the player of the tournament trophy, but the much bigger and ultimate objective is to win the glittering trophy for Pakistan, rest is secondary.

https://www.pcb.com.pk/blog-detail/we-are-a-family-not-just-a-team-.html

Last edited:
Pakistan's fixtures in the Super 4 stage of the Asia Cup:

v India on 4th September in Dubai
v Afghanistan on 7th September in Sharjah
v Sri Lanka on 9th September in Dubai

Back