[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Rohit 'the Hitman' Sharma - Discussion Thread

50s are not good enough, should have carried on.

"No Point Playing Those Who Don't Have Hunger": Fiery Rohit Sharma Lets Out Frustration, Talks On Team Chances

Indian cricket team skipper Rohit Sharma had a clear message for youngsters who lack the hunger for Test cricket amid BCCI's effort to make sure that all centrally contracted players take part in domestic matches. In the recent months, a lot of chatter has taken place around Ishan Kishan not taking part in Ranji Trophy matches despite directives from the board and Shreyas Iyer opting out of Mumbai's match despite the National Cricket Academy stating that he has not injuries. When asked about the hunger in youngsters to play Test cricket, Rohit had a blunt take after India's win over England in Ranchi.

"Jin logon ko bhookh hai, hum unhi logon ko mauka denge (We will give opportunities to only those who are hungry)," Rohit declared, making it clear that the team management is not willing to entertain players who do not display a burning desire to perform.

"Agar hunger nahi hai to unko khila ke koi matlab nahi hai (There's point in playing those who don't have the hunger)," he said.

His comments came close on the heels of a BCCI diktat asking players like Ishan Kishan, and Shreyas Iyer to turn up for Ranji Trophy matches, a missive that was ignored by the duo.

"I don't see anyone in the team here who is not hungry. All the boys who are here and also those who are not, they all want to play. But the thing with Test cricket is that you get very few opportunities. If you don't utilise them, they go away," he asserted.

The "composed" set of newcomers in the Indian team don't need frequent advice, they need just a supportive environment to excel, said skipper Rohit Sharma after the young guns played a major part in the hosts' series-sealing win over England in the fourth Test on Monday.

Playing his second Test, wicketkeeper-batter Dhruv Jurel produced a player of the match performance with the bat in both the innings.

His 90 in the first innings allowed India to get close to England's 353 while his 72-run stand with Shubman Gill in the second innings helped the hosts tide past tense moments in the run chase.

Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sarfaraz Khan and Akash Deep were also among the fresh blood who made an impact in the series.

"It's been a very hard-fought series, so to come on the right side of it feels very good. A lot of challenges thrown at us but we responded and were quite composed. These (youngsters) guys want to be here, growing up in the domestic circuit, local club-cricket, and coming here," said Rohit.

"It's a big challenge, but the responses I get are encouraging. We have to give them the environment they want to be in, we can't just keep talking to them, they are very clear in what they want to do," he added.

NDTV

"No Point Playing Those Who Don't Have Hunger": Fiery Rohit Sharma Lets Out Frustration, Talks On Team Chances

Indian cricket team skipper Rohit Sharma had a clear message for youngsters who lack the hunger for Test cricket amid BCCI's effort to make sure that all centrally contracted players take part in domestic matches. In the recent months, a lot of chatter has taken place around Ishan Kishan not taking part in Ranji Trophy matches despite directives from the board and Shreyas Iyer opting out of Mumbai's match despite the National Cricket Academy stating that he has not injuries. When asked about the hunger in youngsters to play Test cricket, Rohit had a blunt take after India's win over England in Ranchi.

"Jin logon ko bhookh hai, hum unhi logon ko mauka denge (We will give opportunities to only those who are hungry)," Rohit declared, making it clear that the team management is not willing to entertain players who do not display a burning desire to perform.

"Agar hunger nahi hai to unko khila ke koi matlab nahi hai (There's point in playing those who don't have the hunger)," he said.

His comments came close on the heels of a BCCI diktat asking players like Ishan Kishan, and Shreyas Iyer to turn up for Ranji Trophy matches, a missive that was ignored by the duo.

"I don't see anyone in the team here who is not hungry. All the boys who are here and also those who are not, they all want to play. But the thing with Test cricket is that you get very few opportunities. If you don't utilise them, they go away," he asserted.

The "composed" set of newcomers in the Indian team don't need frequent advice, they need just a supportive environment to excel, said skipper Rohit Sharma after the young guns played a major part in the hosts' series-sealing win over England in the fourth Test on Monday.

Playing his second Test, wicketkeeper-batter Dhruv Jurel produced a player of the match performance with the bat in both the innings.

His 90 in the first innings allowed India to get close to England's 353 while his 72-run stand with Shubman Gill in the second innings helped the hosts tide past tense moments in the run chase.

Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sarfaraz Khan and Akash Deep were also among the fresh blood who made an impact in the series.

"It's been a very hard-fought series, so to come on the right side of it feels very good. A lot of challenges thrown at us but we responded and were quite composed. These (youngsters) guys want to be here, growing up in the domestic circuit, local club-cricket, and coming here," said Rohit.

"It's a big challenge, but the responses I get are encouraging. We have to give them the environment they want to be in, we can't just keep talking to them, they are very clear in what they want to do," he added.

NDTV
Sunil Gavaskar supports Rohit Sharma, while addressing the issue, Gavaskar stated in an interview with a local sports show:

"He's absolutely right. The ones who want to play Test cricket, you look at them. I've been saying this for years. The players are what they are because of Indian cricket..

"So you've got to show some loyalty towards Indian cricket."

"Maybe they have decided not to play Test cricket for India... So you can't do anything."

Sourav Ganguly praises Rohit Sharma’s captaincy during an interview with local media outlet:

"I am not surprised with the way he led. He became the captain when I was the president, and I am not surprised by the way he has led the team."

"I made him the Indian captain because I saw the talent in him, and I am not surprised with what he has done."

Rohit Sharma hit a solid fifty in the 5th Test against England off 77 deliveries, it is Rohit's 18th Test fifty. Impressive stuff from him. Captain leading the way with 2 fifties and a hundred in this series

India skipper Rohit Sharma on Thursday became the first-ever player - non wicketkeeper - to grab 60 or more catches across all three formats of the game.

Rohit got to the landmark on the opening day of the fifth and final Test against England in Dharamsala.

The India skipper now has 60 catches in Tests, 93 catches in ODIs and 60 catches in T20 internationals.

Rohit Sharma has scored his 12th Test hundred against England in the 5th and final Test match of the series. It took him just 140 balls to reach this landmark. Brilliant inning from the Cap, leading from the front.

Rohit Sharma has scored his 12th Test hundred against England in the 5th and final Test match of the series. It took him just 140 balls to reach this landmark. Brilliant inning from the Cap, leading from the front.
Stokes with his first all that he has bowled since ages got him clean bowled for 103 runs but what a fantastic inning it was by Rohit.

Most hundreds as an opener in international cricket
49 - David Warner
45 - Sachin Tendulkar
43 - Rohit Sharma
42 - Chris Gayle
41 - Sanath Jayasuriya
40 - Matthew Hayden

Rohit Sharma talking about his own performance after the winning 5th Test and series against England:

"One day, when I wake up and feel, I am not good enough then I will retire straight away but in the last few years I am playing the best cricket of life."

‘Really enjoyed working with these guys’ - Rohit on the delight of captaining India’s next crop

Captain Rohit Sharma reflected on the well-fought Test series against England and lauded India's young brigade on their impressive performance.

Despite losing the first Test of the five-match World Test Championship series, India fought back to win the remaining four with a solid performance, that also helped them climb to No.1

While veterans like R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Rohit himself stood up, India’s youngsters were the most impressive against a resilient English side. The likes of ICC Men's Player of the Month for February 2024 Yashasvi Jaiswal (712 runs @ 79.91 in the series), Sarfaraz Khan (200 runs at an average of 50), Dhruv Jurel (190 runs @ 63.33, five catches and two stumpings), and Akash Deep (Three wickets @ 27.66) played a big role at key moments of the series.

Rohit was all praise for their attitude, and believes that giving the youngsters a comfortable space helped them perform to their optimum capabilities.

“All these young boys are quite chirpy. Working with these guys, seeing them play - I really enjoyed it,” Rohit said. “It was quite easy for me cause I knew these boys, barring one or two.

“For me, it was just going and talking to them about how good they are and the good things they’ve done in the past. Yeah, this situation is different, the team is different but everything else has to remain the same.

“So Rahul (Dravid) bhai and I had a chat with them, and the way they responded to us was superb. I thought these guys were ready for this challenge, it was just about going and giving them that comfort. That’s what we tried from our side.”

Rohit also stated that witnessing the debuts of these young players was an emotionally touching moment.

“Their parents were right there, there was a lot of emotion. I’ve even played with Sarfaraz’s father in the Kanga League. He was an aggressive left-handed batter, and he had quite a big name in the Mumbai circuit. His effort over so many years bore fruits now. So I had to tell him this Test cap belongs more to you than Sarfaraz.

“Rahul bhai gave a great speech for Akash Deep. It was quite overwhelming, you look where the boy was five-six years back, and where he is now. You get very emotional when things like that happen in front of your eyes.”

This was the first series loss for the Test management of England head coach Brendon McCullum and captain Ben Stokes. Before arriving in India, England had won 13, lost four, and drawn one game under their tenure. This number became 14 after an inspirational win in Hyderabad.

However, India didn’t panic after the early defeat and went about their business.

“Losing the first game isn’t easy, a lot of thinking goes into whether you had the right combination or if you played the right brand of cricket. Many questions will creep in, but for us, it was important to stay calm and just let it flow. We let the feeling sink in and see what we could do for the next Test. It was important to send that message to the group that we don’t need to panic. There were four more Tests to go.”

The India skipper then moved on to the crucial moments in the series, and credited performers like Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Yashasvi Jaiswal, and Dhruv Jurel for prevailing in challenging situations.

“There were so many moments where the individuals brought the game back towards us. Bumrah’s spell in Vizag (second Test) was unreal. On a flat pitch, 35-36 degrees, it’s not easy for a fast bowler. That kind of spell, getting the ball to reverse, brings you into the game.

“Then there was this innings from Jaiswal, wherein he got a double hundred in Vizag. He got half the runs for the side in that innings. The next best score was 30 or 40. For us to win that second Test was so important, and someone has to put that hand up. Bumrah and Jaiswal stood up for us in that Test.

“Throughout the series, you saw Jadeja and Ash deliver for us with the bat, and as they’ve done for so many years with the ball. As a captain, when you want the wicket, they get you that.”

Rohit reserved special praise for Kuldeep Yadav, who came into his own in this series, both with the ball and the bat.

“To me that most pleasing was Kuldeep Yadav. He got crucial wickets in those four Tests. In Vizag, I remember Zak Crawley’s wicket. In Rajkot, he got us Ben Duckett’s wicket when he was set and batting on 150. Even in Dharamsala, he got Zak Crawley again who was batting on 70-odd or something.

“But what pleased me even more was his batting. He’s worked hard, and it was good to see him getting the reward with the bat.”

Rohit marked out the resilient 76-run stand between Jurel and Kuldeep in Ranchi, which helped lift India from 177/7 to 307 in response to England’s 353, as the series-defining moment. After reducing the deficit to 46 runs, India's spinners bowled out England cheaply in the third innings and eventually sealed the game and the series by five wickets on fourth day.

“That partnership between Jurel and Kuldeep in Ranchi, that turned out to be a series-defining partnership. It won us the series, because otherwise we would’ve been 2-2. And in the fourth innings, (Shubman) Gill and Jurel also crafted a crucial partnership after we lost three quick wickets, and won us the game.”

ICC

Rohit Sharma failed with the bat as RR pacer Trent Boult struck early to remove the MI opener for a duck and silence the Mumbai fans present at the Wankhede Stadium in IPL 2024.

Rohit Sharma tied with Dinesh Karthik for the unwanted record of most ducks in the IPL. Rohit's dismissal in the first over, edging one to Sanju Samson off Trent Boult's bowling, marked his 17th duck in the tournament, equalling Karthik's dubious record. This was Rohit Sharma's 17th duck in the history of the IPL.

pd2X4BY.png

Rohit Sharma failed with the bat as RR pacer Trent Boult struck early to remove the MI opener for a duck and silence the Mumbai fans present at the Wankhede Stadium in IPL 2024.

Rohit Sharma tied with Dinesh Karthik for the unwanted record of most ducks in the IPL. Rohit's dismissal in the first over, edging one to Sanju Samson off Trent Boult's bowling, marked his 17th duck in the tournament, equalling Karthik's dubious record. This was Rohit Sharma's 17th duck in the history of the IPL.

pd2X4BY.png
Rohit really does seem to struggle with good left arm swing bowlers early on. Although, to be honest, I think everyone struggles with world class left arm swing bowling early on. The angles left arm fast bowlers can create to right handed batsmen are really difficult to deal with.

Rohit really does seem to struggle with good left arm swing bowlers early on. Although, to be honest, I think everyone struggles with world class left arm swing bowling early on. The angles left arm fast bowlers can create to right handed batsmen are really difficult to deal with.
Even left handed batsmen seem to struggle against them

India's captain, Rohit Sharma, isn't contemplating retirement anytime soon. Instead, he's set two significant goals for himself before eventually stepping away from the game. During a breakfast program, Rohit Sharma expressed:

"I haven't really thought about retirement. But I don't know where life takes you. I am still playing well at this point in time - so I am thinking I am going to continue for a few more years and then, I don't know. I really want to win the World Cup and there is a WTC final in 2025, hopefully India makes it."

India's captain, Rohit Sharma, isn't contemplating retirement anytime soon. Instead, he's set two significant goals for himself before eventually stepping away from the game. During a breakfast program, Rohit Sharma expressed:

"I haven't really thought about retirement. But I don't know where life takes you. I am still playing well at this point in time - so I am thinking I am going to continue for a few more years and then, I don't know. I really want to win the World Cup and there is a WTC final in 2025, hopefully India makes it."
A couple more icc trophies gone for ind now.. these guys are like parasites to ind cricket team

Rohit might not be retiring before the Champions Trophy. He wants to play till he is discarded by BCCI I guess?

I think with 25wtc finals,our bad days will decline and end after kohlis retirement from limited formats.
Yeah will be a reset at the time hopefully. And honestly you can't force anyone to retire if they dont want to. But selectors need to show some spine and just drop these seniors .

Chasing 207 runs, Rohit Sharma smashed a fifty from just 30 balls against CSK in IPL 2024. He has been unstoppable in IPL 2024.

What a knock played by Rohit Sharma! He scored 105 off 63 deliveries but unfortunately couldn't bring his team home.

Just LOL at the Indian posters blaming Rohit and Kohli for their trophy drought. Rohit was amazing during the WC23, you need to be proud for the way he played.

Hitman for a reason

Highest strike-rate by Indians in IPL 2024 (Min 200 runs)

167.31 - Rohit Sharma (261 Runs)
163.51 - Shivam Dube (242 Runs)
155.29 - Sanju Samson (264 Runs)
155.19 - Riyan Parag (284 Runs)
151.79 - Shubman Gill (255 Runs)

I know many will criticize me, but the last innings by Rohit is a reason he should not be selected for the T20 World Cup for India. He played over 60 balls, scored a century, but still couldn't lead his team to victory, despite the target being perfectly achievable. This is why players like Kohli, Rohit, Babar, Root, Williamson, and Steve shouldn't play T20Is. While they excel in ODIs and Tests, T20s demand impactful innings in a very very short time. While it may work sometimes, most of the time it won't, as these batsmen adhere to a pre-T20 style of play.

Mumbai Indians star Rohit Sharma, speaking to Adam Gilchrist and Michael Vaughan on a YouTube podcast, said the 'Impact Player' rule is affecting the role of all-rounders, which is not good for Indian cricket:

"It is going to hold all-rounders back. Eventually cricket is played by 11 players not 12 players. You are taking out so much from the game to make it entertaining. I am not a big fan of impact sub rule."

“Guys like Shivam Dube and Washington Sundar aren’t getting to bowl, which for us is not a good thing."

“I don’t know what you can do about it. It is entertaining, there are 12 players for you. Whoever that impact player is, you can change things later depending on what you need, how the pitch is behaving."

“If you bat well and you don’t lose wickets, you can add another bowler, it gives you an option of six or seven bowlers. You don’t require that extra batter because a lot of teams are batting well up front and you hardly see a No 7 or No 8 coming to bat.”

Last edited:
Former West Indian captain and batting legend Brian Lara was supremely impressed by Rohit's work ethic as he spoke about the MI star in detail during an appearance on a local Indian sports channel:

“When you look at Rohit Sharma, you feel that he connects to the public very well. He had a tough upbringing, he came out and pretty much spent his entire life playing for India; sometimes, not getting the nod from selectors and having to work his way back. When you have an image and stature of Rohit Sharma, sometimes, some people don't take the knock down really well. But what's admirable with him is his ability to put everything aside, and put India first, and put Mumbai Indians first, and play cricket the way it should be.”

“He's not a sulker, which is great. He is a leader, it doesn't matter if you are captain or not. At some point of time, when you get to a certain age or level, you are a leader. I think he represents that role really well.”

Rohit Sharma leap-frogged Kieron Pollard's long-standing record for most sixes for the Mumbai-based franchise in the IPL. Rohit achieved the remarkable feat during Mumbai Indians' clash against Punjab Kings (PBKS) in the 33rd match of the IPL 2024 at Maharaja Yadavindra Singh International Cricket Stadium on Thursday. The 36-year-old faced 25 balls against PBKS and scored 36 runs at a strike rate of 144. He slammed 2 fours and 3 overhead boundaries during his time on the crease. Currently, Rohit has smashed 224 sixes for MI in the T20 tournament. Pollard holds the second place on the list with 223 sixes.

In a conversation with former England skipper Michael Vaughan and Australia legend Adam Gilchrist on the YouTube show, Rohit was quizzed about veteran wicketkeepers Dhoni and Karthik showing their potential in the IPL 2024:

"Quite impressed, watching DK bat a couple of nights back, and Dhoni as well, came to play four balls, made a huge impact, that was the difference. It will be hard to convince MS although he is coming to the US, to do something else. He is into golf now. DK will be easier to convince I guess."

Mumbai Indians star Rohit Sharma, speaking to Adam Gilchrist and Michael Vaughan on a YouTube podcast, said the 'Impact Player' rule is affecting the role of all-rounders, which is not good for Indian cricket:

"It is going to hold all-rounders back. Eventually cricket is played by 11 players not 12 players. You are taking out so much from the game to make it entertaining. I am not a big fan of impact sub rule."

“Guys like Shivam Dube and Washington Sundar aren’t getting to bowl, which for us is not a good thing."

“I don’t know what you can do about it. It is entertaining, there are 12 players for you. Whoever that impact player is, you can change things later depending on what you need, how the pitch is behaving."

“If you bat well and you don’t lose wickets, you can add another bowler, it gives you an option of six or seven bowlers. You don’t require that extra batter because a lot of teams are batting well up front and you hardly see a No 7 or No 8 coming to bat.”

Rohit Sharma Openly Criticises 'Impact Player' Rule. BCCI Responds​

After India captain Rohit Sharma put forward his opinion regarding the "impact player" rule, Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Arun Dhumal has also reacted to the topic. Rohit had earlier started that he is "not a big fan of impact sub rule" while pointing out the flaws in it. While stating that everything has its pros and cons, Dhumal said that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is ready to review the rule once the ongoing IPL season gets over.

The "impact player" rule was first implemented in the 2022-23 Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament before being introduced in IPL. For the rule now being implemented in the marquee T20 tournament for almost two editions now, there have been a lot of expert opinions about it, with majority of them going against it.

"Now that such an observation has been made, we will definitely look into it. We will discuss with all parties involved and then take a call," Dhumal told The Telegraph on Friday.

"There are various pros and cons to any rule that is in place. We are open to any discussion once the season gets over... nothing is cast in stone about its implementation," he added.

NDTV

Last edited:
472 international matches

18,820 international runs

48 international hundreds

The only cricketer to score Three double centuries in ODI cricket.

A very Happy Birthday to the captain of Team India, "the Hitman" Rohit Sharma.

Friends forever: Rohit Sharma through the lens of Yuvraj Singh

ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 ambassador Yuvraj Singh backed Rohit Sharma to lead India at the upcoming tournament in the USA and West Indies.

Few players have watched Rohit’s journey from a youngster touted as the next big thing to a bonafide legend of Indian cricket as closely as Yuvraj has.

Having spent time together in the dressing room and witnessing Rohit's extraordinary performances, Yuvraj has observed firsthand the dedication, skill and resilience that have propelled the destructive batter to the pinnacle of Indian cricket.

Now at the helm in his role as captain, Rohit shoulders the responsibility of leading India to break a trophy drought that stretches back to the 2011 Men’s Cricket World Cup.

It has been a case of so near yet so far for India over the last few years in the Men’s ICC events and as their quest for major ICC trophies continues, the team under his leadership has consistently showcased its potential on the global stage.

After falling short in key moments, including heartbreaking losses in the semi-final of the 2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup and the finals of the ICC World Test Championship 2023 and Cricket World Cup 2023, the attention turns to the 2024 Men’s T20 World Cup.

When asked about Rohit's significance in the upcoming tournament, Yuvraj expressed his unequivocal support for the Hitman to continue leading the side.

“(Rohit’s presence is going to be) very crucial. I think we need a really good captain, a sensible captain who takes decisions well under pressure. And he’s the one to take them,” T20 World Cup 2024 ambassador Yuvraj said.

“He was the captain when we lost in the (Cricket World Cup) 50-over final (in 2023). He has won five IPL trophies as a captain. I think we need somebody like him to captain India.”

The bond between Yuvraj and Rohit traces back to the Mumbaikaar’s early days in the Indian setup. It's widely known that Yuvraj was one of Rohit's close friends within the team.

In fact, Yuvraj was part of the squad when Rohit made his debut for India. It was during the fall of Yuvraj’s wicket that the young Hitman stepped onto the international cricket scene to bat, making his first appearance against Ireland back in 2007.

Their connection came full circle in 2019 when Yuvraj's final season as an active cricketer came under Rohit's captaincy at the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League. Following that tournament, Yuvraj announced his retirement from all forms of cricket in June 2019.

Speaking from a personal perspective, Yuvraj recalled his initial impression of Rohit, who joined the Indian team at the tender age of 17 and showered praise on the Indian captain, emphasising his humility, camaraderie and leadership qualities both on and off the field.

“Very poor English,” Yuvraj said jokingly. “Very funny guy. From the streets of Borivali (in Mumbai), we always tease him. But a great guy at heart.

“The more success he’s had, he has never changed as a person. That’s the beauty of Rohit Sharma. Fun-loving, always having fun with the guys, A great leader on the park and one of my closest friends from cricket.

“I really want to see Rohit Sharma with a World Cup trophy and a World Cup medal. He really deserves it.”

ICC

Finally, a much-deserved trophy for the Hitman. (y)

I'm happy for him; he batted really well in this tournament. Hopefully, he will lift the WTC as well.

Deserved it, won his first one and hopefully won his last one..(Don’t play another)

He is a legend without a doubt. He cemented his legacy by winning 2024 World T20 as a captain.

He has won 3 ICC trophies (CT 2013, 2007 World T20, and 2024 World T20). 2 as a player and 1 as a captain.

He has three double centuries in ODI (including 264 against SL).

Fine gentleman and a humble player.

Happy retirement.

The only non West Indian player to win 2 t20 WCS.

Absolute legend of the game, I love the hitman.

Happy retirement and have as many vadapavs to your hearts content😄

Deserved it, won his first one and hopefully won his last one..(Don’t play another)
He should never retire, for his own health's sake.

Great player but he may turn in to an Azam if he gives up playing...

Well done Rohit. Like his batting, the timing of his retirement from T20Is is just right. Kapil, Dhoni and Rohit- 3 Worlc Cup Winning captains. That is some legacy to retire with.

Like Kohli, there was no better way for Rohit to leave this format. Right decision and now his name is in the annals of history forever as an ATG limited-overs batter and one of the great Indian captains.

Will admit I feel so much sadder about Rohit departing than Kohli. After Sachin and Sehwag and Laxman era ended, it was Rohit who made me keep following this team.

End of an era.

17 years.

I still remember young Rohit who was batting in middle-order.

The most remarkable coincidence is

Rohit's first T20 innings 50 against South Africa in a World T20 in a match winning cause. Won the man of the match
Rohit's last T20 innings against South Africa in a world T20.

Won both of them. Won cup both times.

The most remarkable coincidence is

Rohit's first T20 innings 50 against South Africa in a World T20 in a match winning cause. Won the man of the match
Rohit's last T20 innings against South Africa in a world T20.

Won both of them. Won cup both times.

I remember that 2007 game (India knocked out South Africa). Rohit's innings was decisive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rohit deserves all the praise for learning from his mistakes and winning the cup in the end. Staying undefeated and winning the trophy as well is something you might not see every day from Asian teams, especially.

Rohit deserved that trophy because he batted well throughout the event while Kohli was failing.

Will admit I feel so much sadder about Rohit departing than Kohli. After Sachin and Sehwag and Laxman era ended, it was Rohit who made me keep following this team.
Rohit was spiritually the successor to Sachin Sehwag but Kohli came in and he did represent a lot of young people who wanted aggression.

If I’m ever to make a documentary, I would show how India’s youth came to like aggression and Kohli represented them, changing India no more humility but hard work , dedication and a lot of PR :vk

Same here. The way Rohit reinvented his approach to give India lightning starts and kill the game as much as possible in PP is something that we will remember for a long time

That knock vs OZ where he kept trying to take OZ bowlers without worrying about a meaningless century - pure gold.

50 wins in 62 T20Is

That's an exceptional record. Would have been even better had he kept KL Rahul away from the team.

Back