[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Rohit 'the Hitman' Sharma - Discussion Thread

Yeah he has four runs to his name. First ball went for 4 runs and the next ball goes in his stumps.

Downfall of Rohit has started, he is finished:)

Rohit's inns was fearsome. Took a great spell from Maharaj for SA to get back in match. Each team should have one opener to go absolutely nuts in the PP. Getting 75-80 in the first PP will be the key to winning big games between equal quality sides since eventually bowlers will have their say with older ball

Rohit has made a record for most Men’s ODI sixes in a calendar year. He has hit 59 sixes till now. Truly a hitman. He goes past AB de Villiers to make this record.

Rohit Sharma has just scored another 50 in this World Cup off 44 balls against Netherlands today. He is looking in superb form ahead of their Semi-final clash.

Warner is the greatest FTB known to man.

If the pitch is a flat chapati concrete slab, he’s going to town.

If there’s even a hint of movement though, it’s over for him.

Rohit has some FTB tendencies but is still more accustomed to tougher conditions.

Warner is the greatest FTB known to man.

If the pitch is a flat chapati concrete slab, he’s going to town.

If there’s even a hint of movement though, it’s over for him.

Rohit has some FTB tendencies but is still more accustomed to tougher conditions.
Yeah. Just because it's home, it shouldn't be discounted. From a pure batting POV, his knock vs England was perhaps the best of the tournament. I rate Fakhar's top overall though, because of the entertainment factor and the stakes on the day.

Most 50+ scores in ODI World Cups

21 - Sachin Tendulkar (44 inns)
14 - Virat Kohli (35 inns)
13 - Rohit Sharma (26 inns)*
13 - Shakib Al Hasan (36 inns)
12 - Kumar Sangakkara (35 inns)

Shamra is on he move here. He might not be able to beat Sachin here but still, a 50 every other innings is some record.

Rohit is old now. He won't score daddy hundreds now due to his age and fitness.
But still a high quality player and a match winner.
More impactful batsman in this world cup than Kohli and Dekock.

Much respect to the Fat Man. He could have done a Kohli and taken on the sedate risk-free scoring role and asked Gill to take the bowlers on.

But he's been a leader this WC. Hasn't bothered with stat-padding and led through action not words.

One of Kohli or Rohit has scored 80+ in each of the 8 matches for India.

1st match vs Aus- Kohli 85
2nd match vs Afg- Rohit 131
3rd match vs Pak - Rohit 86
4th match vs Bangla - Kohli 103*
5th match vs Nz - Kohli 95
6th match vs Eng Rohit 87
7th match vs Lanka- Kohli 88
8th match vs SA - Kohli 101*

If Rohit doesn’t, Kohli gets you!!
If Kohli doesn’t, Rohit gets you!!

Hope they will continue the momentum in the semifinal and final as well.:genius

One of Kohli or Rohit has scored 80+ in each of the 8 matches for India.

1st match vs Aus- Kohli 85
2nd match vs Afg- Rohit 131
3rd match vs Pak - Rohit 86
4th match vs Bangla - Kohli 103*
5th match vs Nz - Kohli 95
6th match vs Eng Rohit 87
7th match vs Lanka- Kohli 88
8th match vs SA - Kohli 101*

If Rohit doesn’t, Kohli gets you!!
If Kohli doesn’t, Rohit gets you!!

Hope they will continue the momentum in the semifinal and final as well.:genius
None of them did that today but others went with it

There is a reason why we call this guy the Hitman. Excellent numbers for Rohit.

1700039788362.png

If India do go on to win this WC, Rohit should be player of the tournament. His destruction of Boult’s opening over in the semis is one of the greatest moments ever in Indian cricket after Sehwag took down Gul in the 2011 semi.

Rohit has put his reputation as leader on the line every time he has gone out to try and maximise the early overs, while also demoralising star bowlers and making it easier for the likes of Kohli to come in and bat with the pressure off until they feel at ease to amp things up.

Amazing brave player who commands the respect of his teammates and adoration from his fans :love:

Nohit lol

He is having an outstanding World Cup and leading his team by front. Today, he again showed great intent right from the first over that enabled India to get off to a great start that helped the team to put up a winning total on board.

Most Sixes in ICC ODI World Cup 2023

1.Rohit Sharma
Sixes hit:31
SR: 125.94
2.Shreyas Iyer
Sixes hit:24
SR: 113.24
3.David Warner
Sixes hit:24
SR:108.29
4.Glenn Maxwell
Sixes hit:22
SR:150.37
5.Daryl Mitchell
Sixes hit:22
SR: 111.06

For me, he was the best batsmen for India this entire tournament. Amazing batting up front which took the pressure off the entire team.

IF Rohit Sharma had batted selfishly for a 100, Indian total would have been different and so the outcome, shame none of the warriors took the mettle when he got out, India failed to win the WC but Rohit left a legacy like Jayasuriya in 96

Whatever you say about rohit but in this tournament he led the team from the front his quick starts were as important as kohli 100s

Much respect to the Fat Man. He could have done a Kohli and taken on the sedate risk-free scoring role and asked Gill to take the bowlers on.

But he's been a leader this WC. Hasn't bothered with stat-padding and led through action not words.
The Viv Richards of this era. Dominated and destroyed fast bowlers off a length even at the age of 36. India will miss him more than the Kohli's who are a lot easier to replace

I reckon Rohit Sharma will not play Tests and ODIs again. He will just focus on T20Is.

India's ODI and Test captain Rohit Sharma is unlikely to play T20 Internationals anymore and had discussed his future in the shortest format before the start of the 50-over World Cup, according to sources in the BCCI. Rohit hasn't played a single game in the shortest format since India's T20 World Cup semi-final exit in November 2022. Hardik Pandya has mostly led the Indian team in T20Is since then. The 36-year-old India skipper has played 148 T20Is scoring 3853 runs at a strike-rate of nearly 140 with four hundreds. "It is not a new development. Rohit hasn't played any T20Is in past one year as the focus was on ODI World Cup. He had extensive discussions with chairman of selectors Ajit Agarkar in this regard. He has himself volunteered to stay away from T20Is. It has completely been Rohit's call," a senior BCCI source told PTI on conditions of anonymity.

After Rohit, India have four openers -- Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Ishan Kishan and Ruturaj Gaikwad -- and all of them are proven IPL performers. If the younger crop does not perform, the selectors or the BCCI brass might just ask Rohit to reconsider his current stand.

It is understandable that at this stage of his career, Rohit would like to manage his workload and ensure that he remains mostly injury free for the remainder of his career.

It will be impossible to play three formats and IPL each year and with seven Test to be played between December 2023 to March 2024, the Indian skipper's focus will be mostly on red-ball cricket.

He still has a realistic chance of leading India to another World Test Championship (WTC) final in 2025 and his own form in traditional format has been superb since he started opening for India in 2019.

NDTV

The upcoming T20 World Cup might be the last one for Rohit I think.

Most T20I runs in wins:

3039 - Rohit Sharma (37.98 Avg / 142.6 SR)
2799 - Virat Kohli (68.26 Avg / 139.11 Sr)
2463 - Babar Azam (46.47 Avg/132.34 Sr)
2222 - Martin Guptill (38.1 Avg / 142.89 Sr)
2067 - Mohd Rizwan (66.67 Avg / 133 Sr)

When it comes to the shorter format, it's hard to beat Hitman Rohit Sharma.

Rohit Sharma breaks silence for first time since CWC23 Final

The Men in Blue had little time to digest the outcome, returning to the field just four days after the Finale. They faced Australia in a five-match T20I series, followed by the ongoing all-format tour of South Africa.

In the midst of it all, Rohit Sharma has taken a well-deserved break, opting out of the white-ball series against Australia and South Africa and simultaneously stepping away from the public eye. Now, more than three weeks after the Final, the Indian skipper took to social media to open up about his emotions after missing out on cricket's biggest prize.

"I had no idea how to come back from this the first few days," Rohit Sharma said in a video posted on social media. "I don't know what to do. You know, my family, my friends kept me going, kept things pretty light around me, which was quite helpful."

"It wasn't easy to digest, but yeah, life moves on. But honestly, it was tough. It was not so easy to just move on. I've always grown up watching 50-over World Cup and to me, that was, you know, the ultimate prize, the 50-over World Cup.

"We've worked all these years for that World Cup and it is disappointing, right? If you don't get through it and you don't get what you want, what you've been looking for all this while, what you were dreaming of, you get disappointed and you get frustrated as well."

The skipper was however extremely proud of the effort put in by the players leading up to the final, which included a 10-match unbeaten run. Setting a stellar example with aggressive strokeplay at the top, Rohit received solid support from Virat Kohli, who emerged as the highest run-getter in the tournament.

The likes of Shreyas Iyer and KL Rahul too chipped in with vital runs.

The bowlers, spearheaded by the formidable pace duo of Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammad Shami, dismantled the opposition's batting lineups with remarkable ease. Accounting for 20 and 24 wickets respectively, it was the first time a bowling duo scalped more than 20 wickets for India in a single edition of the World Cup.

The left-arm spin duo of Ravindra Jadeja and Kuldeep Yadav too played their roles to perfection in the middle overs, capping off a perfect team effort that led India's march into the Final.

"At times I thought we did everything we could from our side if someone asked me what went wrong because we won 10 games and in those 10 games, yes, we made mistakes. But those mistakes happen in every game," Rohit continued. "You cannot have a perfect game. You can have a near-perfect game but never a perfect game.

"If you look at the other side, I am really proud of the team as well because how we played was simply outstanding. You don't get to perform like that every World Cup.

Rohit also conveyed a heartfelt message to the fans who supported the team not only during the World Cup but also in the aftermath of the defeat, providing him with added motivation to guide India to future glory.

"It would have given people a lot of joy, a lot of pride watching the team play after that finals, it was very hard to get back and start moving, which is why I decided that I need to go somewhere and just get my mind out of out of this," Rohit said in the conclusion of the video. "But then wherever I was, I realized that people were coming up to me and there they were, appreciating everyone's effort, how well we played.

"I feel for all of them. Because they all along with us, they were dreaming of lifting that World Cup along with us everywhere we went during this entire World Cup campaign, there was so much support from everyone, you know, who came to the stadium firstly, and then people who are watching it from home as well.

"I want to appreciate what people have done for us in that 1-1/2 months. But again, if I think more and more on that, I just feel quite disappointed that we were not able to go through, all the way. For me to see people coming up to me and telling me that they were very proud of the team made me feel really good to a certain extent.

"And along with them, I was healing as well because I felt OK. You know, this is the kind of thing that you want to hear. It was just pure love from the people that I met and it was wonderful to see that.

"So, it gives you motivation to get back and start working again and look for another ultimate prize."

ICC

Sanjay Manjrekar said on-air during the second ODI between India and South Africa:

"Rohit Sharma, for me, as a batter, is a question mark in T20 cricket. has shown promise, the way he played in the fifty -over World Cups. But that's a completely different format, when you know you have fifty overs. They bat in that fashion. Bowlers just bowl differently in 50 overs as well."

Rohit Sharma in South Africa (Tests)

8 Innings
123 Runs
47 HS
15.3 Ave

Rohit Sharma has not performed up to par in red ball cricket in South Africa. He opted to skip the white ball series during this tour of South Africa (2023-24). Sharma mentioned facing a tough time after losing the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 final to Australia. Now, he is gearing up for the Test series against South Africa, and it remains to be seen how things will turn around for him.

Ahead of the start of the Test series against South Africa Simon Doull couldn't stop lauding Rohit for how he has led the Indian team, becoming the most selfless version of himself:

"It will be about tempering his game a little bit. The one thing I have observed about Rohit Sharma in the last 10-18 months is that he has probably been the most selfless Indian cricketer I have seen in a long, long time. He has done everything he possibly could for his team to win. He made this team, he played in a certain way to allow the others in the team to be able to play the way they play, in white-ball cricket in particular,"

"In the World Cup, we saw that he set the tone at the top of the order, which allowed the middle order to play the way they played. So, it's a slight change for him, not too much. I still want him to be that aggressive Rohit Sharma. We do see it in Test matches,"

"The captaincy thing. He is getting really better. He has become a very, very good captain. He was always a very good white-ball captain, but I think he has become a slightly more aggressive red-ball captain. I am looking forward to seeing more of that through this series,"

Rohit Sharma "Has To Change His Approach": Sunil Gavaskar Ahead Of South Africa Tests

As the Indian cricket team embarks upon a challenge they have never managed to ace before, the spotlight will be on skipper Rohit Sharma who returns to international cricket for the first time since the conclusion of Cricket World Cup 2023. Rohit led the Indian team by example, taking them on a run of 10 consecutive wins before the loss against Australia in the final. As India gear up for the South Africa test, the legendary Sunil Gavaskar wants the Hitman to change his approach completely.

Rohit donned an aggressive batter's avatar in the ODI World Cup, trying to score maximum runs in the powerplay. Gavaskar wants this approach to change.

"First and foremost, the challenge would be to get your mental state into a Test match situation," Gavaskar told Star Sports.

"He has been batting in the one-day format, where he had decided that he would be playing the attacking role and try and score as much as possible before the field restrictions were lifted in the first 10 overs. We saw that in the World Cup. That was his approach for the World Cup.

Contrary to ODI cricket, Test cricket requires a batter to last longer on the field, playing shots with a more measured approach. Gavaskar is hoping Rohit can make this change in mentality quickly.

"For Test cricket, he has to change his approach completely because he has to think in terms of batting the whole day. If he bats the whole day, then clearly, with the range of shots he has got, he will be able to end up with 150-plus not, then India will be 300-plus or 350-plus," he added.

"That's the change he has to do. As a batter, when you are batter-captain, the moment you score run, your confidence in leading the side also increases. That's going to be a big challenge for Rohit Sharma," Gavaskar added.

Source : NDTV

Rohit Sharma doesn't score many runs on average when facing Kagiso Rabada. In Tests, he averages 17.3, in ODIs it's 26.2, and in T20Is, it's 26. Rabada usually manages to get Rohit out in around 5.3 overs, making it a tough competition between them.

Yes, in red ball cricket. But he can continue in the T20 format, at least for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024.

Think everyone expected this. Pujara and Rahane are still better than Rohit in SENA (in tests offcourse)

Rohit Sharma average in South Africa is his lowest in a country where he has batted at least twice.

20240103_171045.jpg

Last edited:
If not now then when? Both Rohit and Virat need to be handed their gold watches and made to retire in LOIs. Neither has any business featuring in T20WC in a few months time.

Rohit Sharma makes his 150th appearance in T20Is during 2nd T20I against Afghanistan today.

He becomes the first men's player to reach the landmark.

20240114_184916.jpg20240114_184917.jpg

Houston, we have a problem...

Most Ducks in T20Is

13 - Paul Stirling
12 - Rohit Sharma
12 - Kevin O'Brien
11 - Regis Chakabva
11 - Soumya Sarkar

One of the Biggest ftb of all time. Seems like he's struggling on them too now. Looked at his record in odis which is pathetic in many countries.

Houston, we have a problem...

Most Ducks in T20Is

13 - Paul Stirling
12 - Rohit Sharma
12 - Kevin O'Brien
11 - Regis Chakabva
11 - Soumya Sarkar
After the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 final loss to Australia, he is finished. He is not mentally present on the field and lacks enthusiasm.

After two successive ducks finally Rohit Sharma comes back to form with a fifty against Afghanistan in the 3rd T20I. Currenty at 67* off 51 deliveries.

After two successive ducks finally Rohit Sharma comes back to form with a fifty against Afghanistan in the 3rd T20I. Currenty at 67* off 51 deliveries.
5th T20I Hundred for Rohit Sharma.

What a knock by the captain - India in deep trouble at 22/4 and the skipper stood up and scored a marvelous century 121*(69) in 3rd T20I against Afghanistan. This is the Hitman show.

Last edited:
Record ton for Rohit Sharma in strong comeback knock

Rohit Sharma became the first batter to make five men's T20I hundreds on Wednesday in Bengaluru.

Rohit Sharma stood tall amidst a collapse and then attacked his way to a hundred in the format, making him the first to make five hundreds in men's T20Is.

Glenn Maxwell, Suryakumar Yadav and Rohit himself had four hundreds in the format prior to this game.

Screenshot_20240117_202553_Chrome.jpg

It was a sensational batting display from Indian cricket team skipper Rohit Sharma as he slammed a brilliant century in the third T20I encounter against Afghanistan in Bengaluru on Wednesday. This was the fifth T20I century for Rohit and he became the first batter ever to achieve the feat in the shortest format of the game. Rohit remained unbeaten on 121 off 69 deliveries with the help of 11 fours and 8 sixes. Thanks to his phenomenal innings, Rohit also surpassed Virat Kohli's tally to become the Indian cricket team skipper with the most runs in T20I cricket. Kohli held the record previously with 1570 runs as captain.

For his record breaking century against Afghanistan, Rohit Sharma received the Man of the Match award.

1705517822960.png

This Rohit, who stays till the end is much more lethal than the Rohit in the ODI world cup who scored quick runs and went back to pavilion. :stokes

rohit sharma is the worst cricketer ever to play cricket. even chris martin of new zealand is a better batsman than him

rohit sharma cant play spin & cant play short-pitched bowling at all. its just that he hits 1-2 good looking 4s & thats it. no technique, no temperament, no ability to handle spin, no ability to handle short-pitched bowling. he has flopped miserably in the domestic matches this season(apart from 1 innings)

if u guys like him so much, then u can take him away in ur pakistan team, and even then rohit sharma is bad enough that he wont even stay in the bermuda & hong kong teams as a batsman
It was fun to read comments back in the days lol 😂

Funny converstaion between Rohit and Umpire:

"Bro did you give a thigh pad on the first ball? It was a big inside edge mate. I've already had two ducks."

'Rohit Sharma makes pretty cameos but...': Geoffrey Boycott blasts India captain with 'past his best' remark

Launching a scathing attack on Rohit Sharma after England's unlikely win over Team India in the five-match Test series, former cricketer Geoffrey Boycott is convinced that the veteran Indian opener has passed his prime in the longest format of the game. Despite starting as favourites in the series opener, Rohit and Co. suffered a stunning 28-run defeat at the hands of Ben Stokes’ men in the recently concluded encounter at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.

Rohit's Team India posted a staggering total of 436 after England folded for 246 in its first innings. Opening the innings for the hosts, skipper Rohit showed intent with the bat as the senior batter batted at a strike rate of above 88 against England. While on-song opener Yashasvi Jaiswal scored 80 (74), skipper Rohit failed to bank on his start in the 1st innings. After scoring a 24-ball 27, Rohit perished for 39 off 58 balls in the 2nd innings against England. Chasing a 231-run target in the 1st Test, Rohit's Team India folded for 202 to lose the series opener on Saturday.

Sharing his views about Rohit's batting performance, former England cricketer Boycott pointed out that the veteran opener has only scored two centuries at home for the Asian giants. With India missing the services of Ravindra Jadeja and Virat Kohli in the 2nd Test, the Englishman opined that Stokes' men could register a historic series win over the hosts in their backyard. Boycott also made a bold claim about India's all-format captain.

'Rohit Sharma is nearly 37 and past his best'

“Their captain Rohit Sharma is nearly 37 and past his best. He makes pretty cameos but has only scored two Test hundreds at home in four years. They are also weak in the field. This India team is ripe for the taking, and England have a golden chance to be the first side to topple them on their own patch for 12 years. India badly miss Virat Kohli, and Ravindra Jadeja has a hamstring injury and will not play the second Test," Boycott wrote in his column for the Telegraph.

'India are due a defeat at home'

India will have to deal with a major selection headache in the upcoming encounter against England. Jadeja and Rahul were India's standout formers in the 1st Test. The Indian duo is unavailable for the second game against England. Jadeja sustained a hamstring injury while Rahul has complained of pain in his right quadriceps. "India are due a defeat at home. The signs are good, as they have lost Kohli, Jadeja, Mohammad Shami and Rishabh Pant and are playing opponents full of confidence after a remarkable win. England must take this rare opportunity," Boycott added.
SOURCE: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...s-best-remark-ind-vs-eng-101706611452321.html

u8dycL1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the problems continue for Sharma.

qcdqZzn.png

Former England batter Kevin Pietersen was critical of India skipper Rohit Sharma's batting approach in the ongoing second Test in Visakhapatnam, where the India captain scored 14 (41) in 1st innings on Day 1. Pietersen told the broadcasters:

"It doesn't matter who you get out to, you can get out to anybody. I think he'd be kicking himself because there were plenty of runs to be had here. On this wicket, against a very young and inexperienced bowling attack, he will be looking at his dismissal and thinking, How on earth did I get myself out here?"

"That (the dismissal) was quite lazy. Yes, it is instinctive to knock the ball towards the leg side. But there was no urgency in what led to the dismissal. There was no urgency to try and get off the strike. These guys are expansive from ball one in T20 cricket, they play so beautifully. We have not seen huge spin, massive bounce, or anything that should pose any fear in the batter's mind."

"If They Have Thoughts About Getting Dropped...": India Captain Rohit Sharma On His Captaincy

India captain Rohit Sharma on Friday opened up about leading the side and the leadership role he plays for the national team, stating that as a skipper he tries to build confidence and trust in players. During an event in Mumbai on Friday, India captain cherishes the role's numerous facets, including making strategic judgments on the field and managing individual players' personalities off the field. Rohit stated that he try his best to have personal interactions with each player, and as a leader, it is necessary to treat everyone equally and with significance.

"It is probably the hardest job of the leader to get everyone to do what you want them to do. Because they come with a different mindset and they want to do what they want to do. That's what we try and talk to everyone when they come in because it's a team game and sport. What I try and do is give the players that freedom and importance..... that they are very important for me. It does not matter if you only play only 10 balls at No.6 aur No.7 ...you are so important to me that you can win games. It's just building the confidence within themselves. Because you need all 11 of them to give their best. You need everyone to contribute to the team's cause," Rohit Sharma said in a Leo1, Mastercard & NSDL event.

"I try and go to players' rooms individually and talk to them, have dinner. They look up to the leaders. If I am not available to talk and give time to them then there will be some discomfort around the team. The most important thing is to try and treat everyone equally and give everyone that importance. Give them role clarity that what is their role," the Indian skipper said.

"If they are having any thoughts about getting dropped that's where my role comes in. Then I have to try and build the confidence. It's about giving them that confidence and building that trust that no matter what my leader says I have to go and execute that. Those are the things that I try to focus on. It's a tough job," he added.

On playing the role of opener in the team, Rohit said, "I like to be put in a place where its slightly difficult conditions and situations. I always wanted to be challenged all the time. The hardest part is to start because you don't know what the outcome will be. Confidence is something that you can't take from anywhere it needs to come from within and that starts how I train before the game. If I want to play a certain shot in the first over, I have to practice that. I have to master that shot to gain confidence."

Talking about the ongoing five-match Test series between India and England, the hosts suffered their fourth home Test defeat in a decade in Hyderabad, as visitors overwhelmed the Rohit-led side thanks to a superb 196-run effort by Ollie Pope and a fantastic performance on Day 4 by debutant Tom Hartley, who picked up seven wickets.

However, India responded in Vizag with a 106-run triumph, levelling the five-match series at 1-1. With the five-match series levelled at 1-1, the action now heads to Rajkot for the third Test, starting February 15.

SOURCE: https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-en...captain-rohit-sharma-on-his-captaincy-5027724

This guy is past it. Should call it a day on international cricket.

Rohit Sharma brings up his half-century from 72 balls leading the way and rescued his side from a very shaky start. Good so far.

Rohit Sharma is into the 90s now with a fabulous 6 off Joe root.

Most sixes for India in Tests

91 - Virender Sehwag
79* - Rohit Sharma
78 - MS Dhoni
69 - Sachin Tendulkar
61 - Kapil Dev

Rohit Sharma has struck the 11th Test hundred of his career. He was dropped in the 20s by Root earlier and he made them pay for that mistake. England need a wicket – and fast.

Rohit Sharma has struck the 11th Test hundred of his career. He was dropped in the 20s by Root earlier and he made them pay for that mistake. England need a wicket – and fast.
Rohit Sharma dismissed for 131 runs in 196 balls. Outstanding knock krom India's Captain on his 50th Test match.

Last edited:
Rohit Sharma dismissed for 131 runs in 196 balls. Outstanding knock krom India's Captain on his 50th Test match.
Rohit Sharma broke a massive record en route to a classic hundred. Rohit leapfrogged Sachin Tendulkar in the list of most runs by an Indian captain. Sachin was fourth on the list, with 4508 runs for India across formats as captain. However, Rohit displaced him from his position to occupy the fourth slot. Virat Kohli sits at the top of the helm with 12883 runs as India captain. He is followed by MS Dhoni and Mohammed Azharuddin, who scored 11207 and 8095 runs respectively.

In other monumental achievements, Rohit leapfrogged MS Dhoni (78) in the list of most sixes in Test cricket by an Indian. Only Sehwag (91) has more sixes in Tests than Rohit Sharma. Also, Rohit leapfrogged Sourav Ganguly (18,575) to become India's fourth-highest run-scorer in international cricket. He is only behind Sachin Tendulkar (24,208), Virat Kohli (26,733) and current India head coach Rahul Dravid (24,208). Rohit Sharma also completed 1000 Test runs vs England. He took 23 innings to reach the landmark, with three hundreds and four fifties.

Most International Sixes by a Captain:-

233 - Eoin Morgan (180 Innings)
212 - Rohit Sharma (121 Innings)
211 - MS Dhoni (330 Innings)

Hit-Man Rohit Sharma surpassed MS Dhoni in the List.

Indian cricket team skipper Rohit Sharma looked in sublime touch as he slammed a brilliant century on Day 1 of the third Test match against England in Rajkot on Thursday. It was a nearly perfect knock from the veteran batter as he achieved the milestone with the help of 12 fours and 2 sixes. Rohit became the oldest Indian cricket team captain to score a Test ton. At 36 years, 291 days, Rohit shattered the previous record held by Vijay Hazare (at 36 years 278 days vs England in 1951). Rohit already holds the record for India in both ODIs as well as T20Is.

Incredible achievement by Rohit Sharma, securing 11 Test centuries in wins for India. A testament to his stellar contributions on the field.

Rohit Sharma reached 4,000 runs in Test cricket in 57 matches. Even though he didn't get many chances, he made a big impact after becoming India's Test team captain and opening batsman. His recent achievement happened during the 4th Test against England in Ranchi.

Back