[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Saud Shakeel: Essential Or Liability?

He has a fantastic pull shot for chest height, I think you mean above chest height.

That was in Australia and every batsmen struggled, it's just it was more noticeable with saud cause he tried to pull it, the rest just ducked.
I think he will do well in England and New zealand

Saud needs to get out of the habit of soft dismissals I've seen this loss of concentration from him in odi as well

Dude gets out of the softest of softest dismissals.

A key trait of his in psl, World cup 2023 and in test.

It's strange really, If he fixes this problem he can probably become a modern great in any condition excluding Australia ofcourse cause no pakistani batsmen knows how to play bilo bounce.

Saud has the perfect defense and plays all his shots to perfection. But he gets out on the stupidest of dismissals.

Fantastic innings to bring Pakistan back from 16-3 with Saim.

He turned a precarious position to a dominant one, making it simple for even tailenders to score after that!

Dude gets out of the softest of softest dismissals.

A key trait of his in psl, World cup 2023 and in test.

It's strange really, If he fixes this problem he can probably become a modern great in any condition excluding Australia ofcourse cause no pakistani batsmen knows how to play bilo bounce.

Saud has the perfect defense and plays all his shots to perfection. But he gets out on the stupidest of dismissals.

It’s a lapse in concentration after a long innings . He concentrates very hard from ball 1. It’s going to happen but perhaps he can try to switch off between overs but doesn’t seem the sought . A great knock

He has a fantastic pull shot for chest height, I think you mean above chest height.

That was in Australia and every batsmen struggled, it's just it was more noticeable with saud cause he tried to pull it, the rest just ducked.
Yes above chest height.

Saud Shakeel averages 65.17 after 20 Test innings.

The highest in modern era and only behind Don Bradman's 99.94.

yw76IkW.jpg

This is his 11th Test and he averages close to 70.

Good start to his career. Bradman-esque figure.

While their overall records there may be average, Inzamam, Yousuf, Younis, Azhar Ali, even Asad Shafiq have centuries in Australia. Saud looked hopeless out here
It would be concerning if he doesn't improve on his second and third tour to Australia. Anyone can be dumbfounded on his first tour at a certain place.

this is too small a sample size to result in celebrations.

We should refrain from celebrating stats - and I’m a big fan of Saud.
Not to mention this is in Pakistan, Australia and Sri Lanka. He couldn't perform in Australia.

He’ll be a sitting duck on any pitch with a semblance of bounce - however, this is the case for the majority of our batters.

A good batsman who will continue to build confidence.

The criticisms are a bit harsh in this thread considering what Pakistan has available in its ranks. He's compact, patient, and can pile up the runs. Small lapses in concentration or struggling in foreign conditions will happen to most subcontinent batsmen.

Babar needs to regain his form to build a nice 4-5 duo in the middle order.

All of Pakistan batters will struggle overseas and that is a fact. Saud Shakeel at least has the ability to play long innings. His temperament is strong but his only weakness is his lapse of concentration and throwing his wickets away easily when he is all set.

Pakistan vice-captain Saud Shakeel has gained one place and moved to the 13th spot overall in the latest ICC Test batters rankings, on the back of his century against Bangladesh in the 1st test match.

Dropped already - just see shades of Asad Shafiq in his style and demeanour

Dropped already - just see shades of Asad Shafiq in his style and demeanour
Wasn't asad shafiq a gun no 6 for pakistan though in test? He was pakistan's best no 6 in test in UAE by far.

This thread needs a bumping. Like what was that from saud?

First you get a lifeline only to be bowled? Then you drop a catch of the first ball?

Pakistan batters are just walking out, and Saud Shakeel has joined the party, departing after scoring 2 (10).

Wasn't asad shafiq a gun no 6 for pakistan though in test? He was pakistan's best no 6 in test in UAE by far.
Most never saw asad as a gun. They were annoyed he never became the new yk or even Misbah. Many were annoyed that asad played instead of umar akmal or fawad alam to an extent.

My feeling is he’s kind of a testament to what you can get out of a player when you give him a long run in a stable batting line up even if he wasn’t necessarily the best player. We might have got better results by sticking with him opposed to just chopping and changing with players constantly. He was alright as a player IMO, definitely worse than Azhar.

Most never saw asad as a gun. They were annoyed he never became the new yk or even Misbah. Many were annoyed that asad played instead of umar akmal or fawad alam to an extent.

My feeling is he’s kind of a testament to what you can get out of a player when you give him a long run in a stable batting line up even if he wasn’t necessarily the best player. We might have got better results by sticking with him opposed to just chopping and changing with players constantly. He was alright as a player IMO, definitely worse than Azhar.
Yeah but he was a good no 6. Whether people agree to disagree is a different matter.

He did his job at no 6. You've already seen the clown show that is happening to our team now.

Whatever issues people have, Just know that I back Saud shakeel.

First of I'm not delusional and never claimed he'd be the next bradman or Tendulkar like some people held Babar in regards to being the greatest Pakistani batter ever lol.

But genuinely I back him.

Back your top domestic performers in ghulam, Saud, Hurraira etc. Failures are a part of life.

What is not right however is that you give players free rides and promotions and dosti yaari crew.

It's one thing to not be performing but if coaches are complaining that Babar is not complying with their batting coaches, and his fitness is decreasing then he needs to be booted.

I'd be happy to keep Babar if his attitude was correct but it isn't. He's displaying Umar Akmal levels of ego atm

Asian bradman out for some cheap runs
Do back him and have patience. He scored a double hundred in Sri lanka, Scored a 100 in the first Test as well.

He's been medicore but he's still a top domestic performer and he has the right attitude. He's not like shan who causes a fuss 24/7

What is Sauds average vs spin and vs pace?

I am pretty sure international teams have figured out that his biggest weakness is against genuine pace and short pitched bowling at the body and outside the off stump. The guy cannot play the cut, hook, pull shot to save his life.

I’d back him, promote him to 4 and basically tell him he’s our main batsman now at least until Babar recovers form. Someone’s got to pick up from Babar now, and we can’t wait till our top 4 get out to start building a total, it is too late. I know he has faults, but if you’re going to bet on him opposed to Masood, current Babar, Abdullah, Saim, imam if he comes back, you’re going to go with Saud easily. Think we have to take that risk and back him fully.

Very limited cricketer and can only score runs on a road against medium pacers and spinners , basically only knows how to play in the V and grind runs with an odd boundary here and there.

Saud Shakeel has been named the captain of the Dolphins for the upcoming Champions One-Day cup 2024.

Good to see him getting a leading role in a much-awaited domestic event.

Saud Shakeel has been named the captain of the Dolphins for the upcoming Champions One-Day cup 2024.

Good to see him getting a leading role in a much-awaited domestic event.
It's good that sarfi is mentoring him and not the nexus

Usman Khan scores his maiden List A century

Credit is also due to Saud Shakeel for dropping his catch when Usman was batting on 52*

tnfOmAS.png

Back