[VIDEOS] Why did Waqar Younis have such an ordinary record against top sides?

Naah this is just not true at all. The theme has always been that its ok to not win the cup as long as you can beat the arch enemy.

Besides that there is the small matter of Being evicted from the WC alltogether due to loss in a knockout or must win match to the arch enemy like 96, 03, 07, 11, 24

Your players suffered Some serious backlash including Threats

Any defeat is hard.

All I am saying the retrospective classification of Indo Pak bilaterals as meaningless and the world cup as being the only big occasion is false.

Any defeat is hard.

All I am saying the retrospective classification of Indo Pak bilaterals as meaningless and the world cup as being the only big occasion is false.

Again thats what you want to believe to be the case... but it never ever was and that mask came off in a spectacular fashion when Pakistan won the 1st WC match in 2021. The reactions from players ex-players basically everyone was telling. You are saying that Pakistanis react like that to every win vs India even in say Asia cup? Just look at how many people have 152-0 Tshirt vs say a TShirt about a win in non-WC matches ... after all there is a small matter of 70+ such matches. Why none of them being celebrated in that manner?

Another tell tale indicator is the buildup to these matches and it is much more different from non-wc matches. Unless you're going to pretend that a loss to India where points are lost invariably which makes the WC journey so much more difficult is no big deal ... lol ? Some defeats are much much harder to bear.

Again thats what you want to believe to be the case... but it never ever was and that mask came off in a spectacular fashion when Pakistan won the 1st WC match in 2021. The reactions from players ex-players basically everyone was telling. You are saying that Pakistanis react like that to every win vs India even in say Asia cup? Just look at how many people have 152-0 Tshirt vs say a TShirt about a win in non-WC matches ... after all there is a small matter of 70+ such matches. Why none of them being celebrated in that manner?

Another tell tale indicator is the buildup to these matches and it is much more different from non-wc matches. Unless you're going to pretend that a loss to India where points are lost invariably which makes the WC journey so much more difficult is no big deal ... lol ? Some defeats are much much harder to bear.
World cup matches became a bigger deal due to lack of bilateral.

If bilateral cricket was being played the 152-0 thing would have not been as big a deal.

In current scenario where there is no cricket and after relentless trolling from Indian fans and media with mauka mauka etc it became a big deal.

We haven't seen bilaterals recently to judge any build up but you can imagine for yourself what the build up would be like if Pakistan were to tour India or vice versa.

2021 it had been hyped a lot. Believe me in the 90s esp 92 and 99, no one cared.

We beat India black and blue in 1999 in all the tournaments preceding it. Beating India was like kids play.

1996 was different cos it was a KO match.

Yes over the years it became “has anyone noticed Pakistan hasn’t beat India in a World Cup”? And then our mental midgets of the 2010s started making a big deal of it.

If you want to take solace in World Cup things then fair enough.

World cup matches became a bigger deal due to lack of bilateral.

If bilateral cricket was being played the 152-0 thing would have not been as big a deal.

In current scenario where there is no cricket and after relentless trolling from Indian fans and media with mauka mauka etc it became a big deal.

Again that is what you want to believe. I have provided numerous instances to highlight that was not the case even back then. Here is another example... does anybody care that Pakistan lost the 2004 bilateral series that was held soon aftter the 2003 WC. I can assure you nobody remembers that in India but the 2003 match is now a Iconic game even though as a cricket match it was nothing to crow about whereas the 2004 series had some really Exciting matches.

We haven't seen bilaterals recently to judge any build up but you can imagine for yourself what the build up would be like if Pakistan were to tour India or vice versa.

You have they are called Asia cup matches and just like the bilateral nobody cares about them ... Iam pretty sure India has a Very good record there too vs Pakistan but nobody cares.

Again that is what you want to believe. I have provided numerous instances to highlight that was not the case even back then. Here is another example... does anybody care that Pakistan lost the 2004 bilateral series that was held soon aftter the 2003 WC. I can assure you nobody remembers that in India but the 2003 match is now a Iconic game even though as a cricket match it was nothing to crow about whereas the 2004 series had some really Exciting matches.

You have they are called Asia cup matches and just like the bilateral nobody cares about them ... Iam pretty sure India has a Very good record there too vs Pakistan but nobody cares.

I care about the India Pakistan series in 2004. That first game was a classic. Pained me that we lost. Most fans will feel the same.

Asia cup has some classics too.

You are giving a skewed Indian perspective and presenting it as a fact.

I care about the India Pakistan series in 2004. That first game was a classic. Pained me that we lost. Most fans will feel the same.

Iam giving you reality... nobody hounds the players about those losses but that 2003 WC loss will never go away. Just look at how Akhtar gets trolled for that loss even today especially for that shot from Tendulkar. Same thing for 99 WC nobody cares that India played Pakistan in some triangular series somwhere after that. Nobody even remotely remembers the outcome but that 99 match is different. Ditto for the asia cup ditto for the numerous series around 1996 WC nobody cares even from the supposedly huge bilateral fans from Pakistan lol. Go ask if people recall a particularly bad loss in those series.

Another way to look at it is to see how Indians remember the bilateral series wins from the past ... we have like nearly 50 matches like that outside of WC ... its not like we rarely won anything ... but does anyone really crow about those matches ? ... absolutely categorically not at all. And there have been some serously high quality matches from a pure cricketing perspective in those bilateral series.

Reason is simple WC is special. It always was which is why they are remembered even if the matches were crap

Bumrah, personally I don't enjoy watching him bowl, not ehrn I see his action... it doesn't look right to me but this may change if I get to see his results from an Independant accredited laboratory
lol. Bumrah will be so sad to hear this.

Waqar Younis holds the distinction of being the only Pakistani pacer to claim 90 wickets in a year—and he did it three times.

96 wickets in 1990

92 wickets in 2002

91 wickets in 1993

Back