We need to talk about the performance and intent of Afghanistan against India

TheSultan

Post of the Week winner
Runs
Post of the Week
Why are Afghanistan so lacklustre against India but fully up for every other opposition. This isn’t about their performances, it’s about their body language.

Is it:

1. Being in awe of India?
2. Feeling the pressure of playing India?
3. Individual worry about IPL contracts
4. Collective subservience to what is perceived as their paymasters?

It is clearly jealousy lol. Pakistan fans cannot accept the fact that Afghanistan guys pulled this great victory against Australia.

No wonder 90% Afghanistan people's are hate Pakistan .
What do you call Pak's performance against India then using the same lens? Except IPL all other reasons considered.
this is not about Pakistan at all. Pakistan are useless and Afghanistan currently are a much better team.

I am very happy to see the Afghanistan attitude, body language which reminds me of Pakistan back in the day - and I’m thrilled for them to beat Australia.

However, why does that always go missing Vs India?

Afg's strengths are spinners and slow bowling all-rounders and gun openers.

India's strength is to play spin well without losing wickets even if they don't score too many runs initially. Couple of hitters like pandya and dube will slay spin later. India plays slow bowlers well and have a gun bowler in bumrah to neutralise their openers. So afg's strengths won't work against India unless they have a gun middle order bastman or better fast bowlers which all big teams have

this is not about Pakistan at all. Pakistan are useless and Afghanistan currently are a much better team.

I am very happy to see the Afghanistan attitude, body language which reminds me of Pakistan back in the day - and I’m thrilled for them to beat Australia.

However, why does that always go missing Vs India?
No one apart from Pakistani fan's were/ are talking about theses conspiracy theories.

Afghanistan recently tie a match against india and they came close many times in the past but failed to win the matches.

Eventually one day they will beat india because they have passion .

India is helping them to improve their game. Now they will Play Home series against Bangladesh in india.

Even with the current team Afg may very well beat India if India has an off day. But ATM, India setup is pretty much automatic and follows a template to churn 180+ runs if batting first and pick openers'
wickets quickly and choke with spin when bowling. If bumrah has an off day all the plan falls apart and that is what happened in recent knock out matches. I don't have hopes for this Indian team.

Because India is freaking better against lower ranked sides? India for a long time had issue against New zealand. Eventually beat them twice in crucial games.

Why are Afghanistan so lacklustre against India but fully up for every other opposition. This isn’t about their performances, it’s about their body language.

Is it:

Afghanistan strength is their spin, Australians are not good against spin. Indians are good against spin.
So Indians naturally counter afghans.

Same way Pakistani batsmen of 90s, 2000s would have done well against afghans. But current Pakistani batsmen are just bad

Indian batsmen weakness is against left arm pacers who swing ball both ways. Not just Indian batsmen but most batsmen have challenge against that kind of bowling, against spin Indian batters have historically been good.
Murali, warne are prime examples who don’t enjoy a good record against India compared to other teams,

Let me put this way in 2019 , 2023 world cups Afghanistan played way better than Pakistan played against India.

Afghanistan strength is their spin, Australians are not good against spin. Indians are good against spin.
So Indians naturally counter afghans.

Same way Pakistani batsmen of 90s, 2000s would have done well against afghans. But current Pakistani batsmen are just bad
That’s all well and good, but why is the fire and intent missing? It’s not about performance. They just don’t seem as up for it.

I think now Afghanistan has the belief to beat any team after Australia game. Hoping they beat India in the final if they qualify. They deserve to win the championship.

Let me put this way in 2019 , 2023 world cups Afghanistan played way better than Pakistan played against India.
@TheSultan your answer is here. Tell me where were Pakistan team Josh,Jazba ,intent or whatever you think when they were played against india in all the World cup .

That’s all well and good, but why is the fire and intent missing? It’s not about performance. They just don’t seem as up for it.

How do you know they were not up for it? THey almost won 2019 world cup against India. Shami had to pull a miracle in 50th over.

Agreed but this is not a Pakistan vs Afghanistan comparison. I am ashamed of the Pakistan team and I would never use them as a barometer for anything.

Pakistan’s intent and approach vs India has been pathetic for years. The thing is the modern Pakistan have zero intent and body language vs everyone else too, not just India.

Afghanistan though have fire and dog in them against nearly everyone - why is it missing against India?

Afghanistan & India are friendly nations. Lot of Afghans live in India. Even the Afghanistan team lives in Noida. When u speak to Afghans there is generally sense of gratitude towards India. There is no reason for enmity between them

Generally heated rivalries have a historic backdrop. Like India - pakistan. For Afghans their enemy is Pakistan, Engkland, Australia. Hence they are more charged up against them

Just like Indians are more charged up against Australia ( cricketing rivalry ), England ( history ), Pakistan ( history). But Indians are rarely charged up against say South Africa, New Zealand or Sri Lanka

Afghanistan & India are friendly nations. Lot of Afghans live in India. Even the Afghanistan team lives in Noida. When u speak to Afghans there is generally sense of gratitude towards India. There is no reason for enmity between them

Generally heated rivalries have a historic backdrop. Like India - pakistan. For Afghans their enemy is Pakistan, Engkland, Australia. Hence they are more charged up against them

Just like Indians are more charged up against Australia ( cricketing rivalry ), England ( history ), Pakistan ( history). But Indians are rarely charged up against say South Africa, New Zealand or Sri Lanka
Maybe this is the answer

Agreed but this is not a Pakistan vs Afghanistan comparison. I am ashamed of the Pakistan team and I would never use them as a barometer for anything.

Pakistan’s intent and approach vs India has been pathetic for years. The thing is the modern Pakistan have zero intent and body language vs everyone else too, not just India.

Afghanistan though have fire and dog in them against nearly everyone - why is it missing against India?

But Pakistan is supposed to be a much better side. You expect them to win world cups. But Afhganistan was never expected to win world cups. If you are going to use the logic for one team you should use the logic for other team as well. How many times INdia has lost to a minnow since 2007? None. So why do you expect afghanistan to beat India. THey ran India close twice. Once ended in tie. Last year they chased 212 and we had two super overs. They dragged INdia to 50th in 2019 world cup. But on good batting surfaces India will trounce all these minnows.

But Pakistan is supposed to be a much better side. You expect them to win world cups. But Afhganistan was never expected to win world cups. If you are going to use the logic for one team you should use the logic for other team as well. How many times INdia has lost to a minnow since 2007? None. So why do you expect afghanistan to beat India. THey ran India close twice. Once ended in tie. Last year they chased 212 and we had two super overs. They dragged INdia to 50th in 2019 world cup. But on good batting surfaces India will trounce all these minnows.
Again - this is not about results or Pakistan. (Why do I have to repeat myself so many times?). It’s about body language and intent.

And I’d argue that Pakistan is not a much better team than Afghanistan and they should not be expected to win anything. They are pathetic.

Afghanistan is no minnow anymore and a much more rounded team than Pakistan for the current era

Copypasting most of my match thread post here as it's more relevant here I guess.

The real problem Pakistanis have is actually farily simple - why aren't the games vs Ind as close as they are vs us. It's because Afg is more competitive against an inconsistent side like Pak who within a game can fluctuate multiple times. India are also more familiar with their big players. When Afg turned up for their debut test, I remember them being excited and full of josh taking the field. But it all collapsed very soon when Dhawan destroyed their top star spinners and the test match turned farcical.

Indians also have gotten inside their best bowler's heads too. Surya especially, but most of the bastmen don't look intimidated or respectful when Rashid comes on. Rohit looks to slap everyone. Look at the way Virat treated Naveen in the last game. Virat is inside Naveen's head since their fight in the IPL and has treated him like a club bowler since. It's to Kohli's credit that he achieved this through a combination of sledging and actual cricketing skill and also importantly, not fearing the failure and shame if this combo didn't work out.

Maybe from watching them play up close, Indian bowlers too seem to understand what AFG's best batsmen will be trying next. Case in point, Bumrah's ball to Gurbaz to get him early on.

Again - this is not about results or Pakistan. (Why do I have to repeat myself so many times?). It’s about body language and intent.

And I’d argue that Pakistan is not a much better team than Afghanistan and they should not be expected to win anything. They are pathetic.

Afghanistan is no minnow anymore and a much more rounded team than Pakistan for the current era

I am not sure what you mean by Body language. First over Gurbaz waltzed down the wicket and smashed Arshdeep for a 4 and 6. That is not inent for you?

Is it:

It is the same as Pakistan with Australia.
Pakistan also turns into a meowing purring cat whenever they face Australians.
every country has a country that psychologically owns the other team .
No story or conspiracy here...

Virat Kohli always has in your face attitude towards Aussies. But come kane williamson he becomes uber friendly on and off the field. He even advocated Kane williamson is the best choice for NZ captaincy during India's tour. So should we say India intentionally lost those matches against New zealand?

U r talking as though pak is a good team for standard wise check.At max pak is low level tier and afg is mid tier.Ind is tier one and are good against spin,which negates afg main strength. If axar panel's batting against spin is better than babar azam's ,then u shouldn't complain why Afghans are smelling the blood before the match begins. Haven't sikanader raza said,they expected a win against pak in Perth?

U r talking as though pak is a good team for standard wise check.At max pak is low level tier and afg is mid tier.Ind is tier one and are good against spin,which negates afg main strength. If axar panel's batting against spin is better than babar azam's ,then u shouldn't complain why Afghans are smelling the blood before the match begins. Haven't sikanader raza said,they expected a win against pak in Perth?
He is trying to do the impossible job of being jealous of both India and Afghanistan at the same time lol So he has to dance around

Hilarious how Pakistanis are even more desperate than Afghans for India to lose to Afghanistan for once.

Most probably because Afganistan's treatment of their team reminds them of the depressing and growing gap between India and Pak in all formats.

I don't see any issue with afgan intent while playing against India. India is afgan's biggest friend currently, do you think they will come in the field with all the afgan curse against India?

They try their best that's what matters. I don't think losing without trying is in afgan genes. Rus USA none could control them

When is that series? Please arrange the series in south India and take Santo in south Indian films. As someone said he resembles a south Indian actor.
India has been hosting Afghanistan matches for a while especially Ireland/Afghanistan matches. It goes back to 2017 when they played ODI/T20 series against Ireland. Again in 2019 Afghanistan played a full series (ODIs/Tests/T20s) against Ireland, In the same year they played ODI/T20 series against West indies. Again in 2020 they played a T20 series against Ireland.

I don’t think it was lack of intent from Afghanistan against India. Afghans are one trick pony in batting & India knew it - you take out their top 3 & their batting collapses. So what India did well which Australia didn’t was take out their openers cheaply, thanks to some Bumrah magic.

I don’t think it was lack of intent from Afghanistan against India. Afghans are one trick pony in batting & India knew it - you take out their top 3 & their batting collapses. So what India did well which Australia didn’t was take out their openers cheaply, thanks to some Bumrah magic.
You have to bat first against Afghanistan if possible. Especially on a turning track it is a big no to field against them.

India has been hosting Afghanistan matches for a while especially Ireland/Afghanistan matches. It goes back to 2017 when they played ODI/T20 series against Ireland. Again in 2019 Afghanistan played a full series (ODIs/Tests/T20s) against Ireland, In the same year they played ODI/T20 series against West indies. Again in 2020 they played a T20 series against Ireland.
Yeah I know. I was just having fun in expense of our captain

As I said in another thread

Against all other teams they play like tigers.

Against India they become a tame house cat that rolls over and lets the Indians tickle it's tummy

As I said in another thread

Against all other teams they play like tigers.

Against India they become a tame house cat that rolls over and lets the Indians tickle it's tummy
This narrative is exclusively pushed by some pak fans to accuse afghanistan and at the same time dilue India win. Just listen to grade crickete ranalysis of the match. They brutally took down Australian team. They never push crazy theories like Afghanistan plays well only against others not India. Because that is like insulting their own team. Pak fans don't mind insulting their own team with this take

On topic, this is about relative skillsets of the teams

India struggle against left arm spin the most. Afghan spinners are offies and wristies.

You can't tie India down unless you have good left arm spinners.

On the other hand , their batsmen can't play Bumrah or left arm spin themselves.

So, India has natural counters to their matchups and can dominate them with Bumrah and our left arm spinners.

India is not a team with an exceptionally high ceiling like an England or Australia but they are very well rounded and have less variance and have enough firepower to beat mid to lower lower ranked teams like SL, PAK, AFG , BD etc. with consistency.

On topic, this is about relative skillsets of the teams

India struggle against left arm spin the most. Afghan spinners are offies and wristies.

You can't tie India down unless you have good left arm spinners.

On the other hand , their batsmen can't play Bumrah or left arm spin themselves.

So, India has natural counters to their matchups and can dominate them with Bumrah and our left arm spinners.

India is not a team with an exceptionally high ceiling like an England or Australia but they are very well rounded and have enough firepower to beat mid to lower lower ranked teams like SL, PAK, AFG , BD etc. with consistency.
India beat 10 teams in a row before losing the final. India can inflict the damage to any teams in a tournament. That is why they have vastly superior W/L ratio over any team by galaxy in world cup events since 2011. You don't see English fans accusing Australia underperforming against INdia in Test series (having lost 4 series in a row) and overperforming ag ainst England. Do you see any fans besides some pak fans and one Bangladesh fan pushing this conspiracy theory. no.

He is trying to do the impossible job of being jealous of both India and Afghanistan at the same time lol So he has to dance around

Conspiracy theories are being propagated mostly by fans of Babar and Rizwan, who are attempting to divert attention away from their heroes' disappointing performances. They keep repeating this lie because And if lies are repeated frequently then some people may eventually believe them. Therefore, the OP, who I assume may not have closely followed many India vs Afghanistan matches, might have bought into this propaganda.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think OP is not one of those individuals who harbor jealousy. These conspiracy theories are being propagated mostly by fans of Babar and Rizwan, who are attempting to divert attention away from their heroes' disappointing performances. They keep repeating this lie because And if lies are repeated frequently then some people may eventually believe them. Therefore, the OP, who I assume may not have closely followed many India vs Afghanistan matches, might have bought into this propaganda.
Donald Trump logic i call it. Repeate the lie several times until it sticks.

They hate Pakistan but not India. Its simple but bizarre. We literally gave them everything and they still hate us.
General political view - I'm not one to hold historical grudges on the current lot of a country's population, though I think they shouldn't be swept under the carpet either. Remember, but don't be bitter about it.

So in this context, I equally find BJP boys' love for Afg funny. Because they talk of Muslim invaders and hate Pakistanis for it, yet all the actual Islamic trauma caused in India ever was mostly ever from Afghanistan. Which should hurt more, because important characters and places in ancient Hindu epics were pre-Islam Afghan.

Indians supporting Afghanistan cos Australia humiliated India in the final of 2023.

No other reason - move on.

Indians supporting Afghanistan cos Australia humiliated India in the final of 2023.

Not right. I have been supporting Afghanistan for a very long time Even since 2019. I like their X factor players. They gradually built the side by adding more missing elements. Fast bowling, Top openers, Fit keeper. They had this very fat keeper before. Now look at how fit these guys are. India has beaten Australia enough times in world cups. No need to enjoy Australia loss vicariously. Would have been happy even if they had beaten South africa. But why are you unhappy about Afghanistan win?

This narrative is exclusively pushed by some pak fans to accuse afghanistan and at the same time dilue India win. Just listen to grade crickete ranalysis of the match. They brutally took down Australian team. They never push crazy theories like Afghanistan plays well only against others not India. Because that is like insulting their own team. Pak fans don't mind insulting their own team with this take
No not really accusing Afghanistan of anything.

Perhaps they are over awed by India.

Or perhaps they raise their game when their is political points to be made. I'm sure they have mentioned refugee crisis when playing Pakistan and mentioned Aussie stance against bilateral series today for example too.

Is it:

Not really. Even against Australia they started losing the plot, missing run outs, Shelled a few catches and started screaming on occasion.

When they lose it their body language shows it.

Its just Maxwell tried to be a bit too attacking not even respecting good deliveries even though target was now 44 of 36, and easily chasable and wade just threw his wicket away.

India knows how to play Afghanistan better, only upside is that Besides SKY, Rashid khan has learned how to bowl to Indian batters.

No not really accusing Afghanistan of anything.

Perhaps they are over awed by India.

Or perhaps they raise their game when their is political points to be made. I'm sure they have mentioned refugee crisis when playing Pakistan and mentioned Aussie stance against bilateral series today for example too.
May be because India is way too professional to be beaten easily. They always played with utmost intensity. But they rely on some key players. If you take them out of the equation it is easy win for any team. If others are not able to do that that is not the problem of India. If you nail Gurbaz half the job done for instance. Let us look at the recent big wins of Afghanistan

Gurbaz 80(57) vs England 2023 world cup
Gurbaz 65(53) vs Pakistan 2023 world cup
Gurbaz 80(56) vs Nz 2024 world cup T20
Gurbaz 60(49) vs Australia 2024 world cup T20

India successfully nailed him mostly.

Gurbaz is the player Pakistan wants in Babar Azam

May be because India is way too professional to be beaten easily. They always played with utmost intensity. But they rely on some key players. If you take them out of the equation it is easy win for any team. If others are not able to do that that is not the problem of India. If you nail Gurbaz half the job done for instance. Let us look at the recent big wins of Afghanistan

Gurbaz 80(57) vs England 2023 world cup
Gurbaz 65(53) vs Pakistan 2023 world cup
Gurbaz 80(56) vs Nz 2024 world cup T20
Gurbaz 60(49) vs Australia 2024 world cup T20

India successfully nailed him mostly.

Gurbaz is the player Pakistan wants in Babar Azam
You guys are seeing it as a criticism of India lol. If anything it's a criticism of Afghanistan.

Nobody has said anything about India.

You guys are seeing it as a criticism of India lol. If anything it's a criticism of Afghanistan.

Nobody has said anything about India.
You can critcizie INdia. Don't mind. But i take more offense criticizing Afghanistan. It is an insult to them. I have given enough evidence they have run India close more than once. They were absolutely gutted when they could not win against India

This was in 2018.

W
Rashid Khan to Jadeja, OUT
Back of a length outside off, and this spins into Jadeja. He mistimes a pull, and the ball goes straight in the air! Taken at midwicket, and the game is tied! The Indians are disappointed as Afghanistan celebrate. There's no Super Over folks. That's only for the final. Rashid takes a wicket off his worst delivery of the match, but Jadeja was cramped, and therefore paid the price. The Afghans celebrate as if they've won. The Indians are shell-shocked in the pavillion.
Ravindra Jadeja c Najibullah Zadran b Rashid Khan 25 (34b 1x4 0x6) SR: 73.52

But bro don't u think it's responsibility of any op to validate the facts before posting the thread.He should have asked a question and one of us may have refuted it with facts.

Afghanistan doesn’t compete with India because their strengths are negated. Their spinners go for plenty against India and the whole team loses confidence.

There are 10 different reasons you can think of, Also most Afghan players seem friendly and humble personalities. The bigger question you should be asking is why do they play against Pakistan like they are going into an actual war? I mean India-Pak also has a lot of political issues but you don’t see that level of intensity.

Same religion, a lot of ethnic Afghan people in Pakistan too, I was told Pakistanis taught Afghans how to hold a bat. That’s an even bigger mystery to me. Dont Rashid Khan, Nabi, Mujeeb etc play PsL too?

There are 10 different reasons you can think of, Also most Afghan players seem friendly and humble personalities. The bigger question you should be asking is why do they play against Pakistan like they are going into an actual war? I mean India-Pak also has a lot of political issues but you don’t see that level of intensity.

Same religion, a lot of ethnic Afghan people in Pakistan too, I was told Pakistanis taught Afghans how to hold a bat. That’s an even bigger mystery to me. Dont Rashid Khan, Nabi, Mujeeb etc play PsL too?
Reading from Social media, i heard lot of afghan refguees were sent from Pakistan back to Afghanistan which didn't sit well with them. Even cricketers dedicate man of the match to those who were sent back.

Reading from Social media, i heard lot of afghan refguees were sent from Pakistan back to Afghanistan which didn't sit well with them. Even cricketers dedicate man of the match to those who were sent back.
That was last year though wasn’t it? I think one of the Afghan players mentioned it too. Look at their attitude in Asia Cup in 2018 or WC 2019 as well. Even Rashid who is usually a chill guy becomes a sledger. My observation on the few Pak-Afghan matches I saw.

That was last year though wasn’t it? I think one of the Afghan players mentioned it too. Look at their attitude in Asia Cup in 2018 or WC 2019 as well. Even Rashid who is usually a chill guy becomes a sledger. My observation on the few Pak-Afghan matches I saw.
Even fans get into physical fights in the stadium. INdians probably cheers Afghanistan just for that.

Pak vs Afg is similar to Ind vs BD. It's all about respect. Pak players and fans don't respect Afg cricket. Ditto with Indians against BD. Pak and Ind fans think the existence of Afg and BD respectively is due to their largesse in history. So when a BD player sledges Kohli, it's a national outrage because India helped BD gain independence. Similarly all Afghan players even have a bat to hold on to is because they all learned cricket in Pakistan refugee camps.

These tired tropes frustrate the fans of Afg and BD and they become aggressive online. There's a lot of pressure on the players too. The result is pictures of Taskin holding Dhoni's head. Poor Taskin was banned right after for chucking and couldn't even hold a ball for 2 years let alone someone's head. Point is, give respect to other teams. Yes you helped them eons ago but that doesn't mean they will be your pets wanting to lose against you.

Lots.of Afghan refugees sent back from.Pak and a lot of noise about sending BD illegals from India also adds to the drama

They can't accept the fact that the Afghan cricket team is vastly improving while India, at this stage, seems a bit out of the Afghans reach.

Have to credit the Afghans with their rise, I'm sure they will beat India too at some stage...unbeaten records like that are made to be broken.

What is wrong in that? Obviously Australia is our bogie team & we would be glad to see the back of them. Plus Australia losing yesterday gives us a real chance to top the group which will aid us a lot if the seminal is rained out (which is currently on track to happen). Plus except for Pakistan, every country will cheer for the underdogs. So why won’t we support Afghanistan ?

Pak vs Afg is similar to Ind vs BD. It's all about respect. Pak players and fans don't respect Afg cricket. Ditto with Indians against BD. Pak and Ind fans think the existence of Afg and BD respectively is due to their largesse in history. So when a BD player sledges Kohli, it's a national outrage because India helped BD gain independence. Similarly all Afghan players even have a bat to hold on to is because they all learned cricket in Pakistan refugee camps.

These tired tropes frustrate the fans of Afg and BD and they become aggressive online. There's a lot of pressure on the players too. The result is pictures of Taskin holding Dhoni's head. Poor Taskin was banned right after for chucking and couldn't even hold a ball for 2 years let alone someone's head. Point is, give respect to other teams. Yes you helped them eons ago but that doesn't mean they will be your pets wanting to lose against you.

Lots.of Afghan refugees sent back from.Pak and a lot of noise about sending BD illegals from India also adds to the drama
Fair point but here is the thing, probably Pak, Bangladesh and even Srilankan fans hate Indian team, I totally understand that. Online trolling, BCCI what not.

Bangladesh players are cordial with Indian players mostly and the game is more or less harmonious. 1-2 incidents happen between any teams. I see Ban-SL being more intense than Ind-Ban. However yes they did run India close a couple of times and seem intense against India .

I don’t think Afghan animosity just comes from social media trolling or couple of ex pak cricketers talking them down.

West Indies murdered Afghanistan too . Weak Bangladesh defeated Afghanistan in 2023 WC . Afghanistan managed to draw vs India in Asia cup 2018 , came very close in 2019 WC vs India . It’s just they haven’t got over the line yet doesn’t mean they aren’t trying . Pakistan was vulnerable hence lost vs them . Pakistan should have lost 3-4 games against them but Afghanistan couldn’t hold their nerves .

Indians have been supporting Afghans for a decade or more before the 2023 WC. There's a lot of good PR too. Indians helped Afghans with their cricket and also like the brand of cricket Afghans play. Players like Rashid, Nabi and Gurbaz are extremely popular with Indian fans because of IPL. Indians don't like Pak, BD. Indians compete and win/lose against Aus, Eng, NZ. So.when a team like Afg beats these teams, they enjoy it. Indians like SA, WI, SL and support these teams too.

Fair point but here is the thing, probably Pak, Bangladesh and even Srilankan fans hate Indian team, I totally understand that. Online trolling, BCCI what not.

Bangladesh players are cordial with Indian players mostly and the game is more or less harmonious. 1-2 incidents happen between any teams. I see Ban-SL being more intense than Ind-Ban. However yes they did run India close a couple of times and seem intense against India .

I don’t think Afghan animosity just comes from social media trolling or couple of ex pak cricketers talking them down.
Social issues cause the rift and lack of respect aggravates it further. Even now, many Pakistanis don't think Afg deserves to be in Super 8 or in the SF. Every win is a massive surprise and every loss is assumed.

Indians have been supporting Afghans for a decade or more before the 2023 WC. There's a lot of good PR too. Indians helped Afghans with their cricket and also like the brand of cricket Afghans play. Players like Rashid, Nabi and Gurbaz are extremely popular with Indian fans because of IPL. Indians don't like Pak, BD. Indians compete and win/lose against Aus, Eng, NZ. So.when a team like Afg beats these teams, they enjoy it. Indians like SA, WI, SL and support these teams too.
Rashid khan is an IPL legend. His net earnings with IPL is 70 crores. Close to 9 million USD.

That was recently. They've hated us for decades

What is wrong in that? Obviously Australia is our bogie team & we would be glad to see the back of them. Plus Australia losing yesterday gives us a real chance to top the group which will aid us a lot if the seminal is rained out (which is currently on track to happen). Plus except for Pakistan, every country will cheer for the underdogs. So why won’t we support Afghanistan ?
You need to understand that some Pakistan fans have to resort to coping mechanisms as a means of dealing with disappointment and frustration.

The world cup winning cornered lions of pakistan under Imran Khan soiled their pajamas against India and have kept up that tradition for so long even in T20s till recently.

Sure the pakistan team has been a pile of waste since last 10 years but they were in awe of India on the biggest stage even when they were half decent.

Why?

But bro don't u think it's responsibility of any op to validate the facts before posting the thread.He should have asked a question and one of us may have refuted it with facts.
If someone chooses to believe in propaganda then they are the ones at a disadvantage. Individuals like the OP are indirectly aiding Saya Corp.

Oh my days - do you guys even read anything. I even said that Pakistan is no barometer to follow!

Back