West Indies v Australia | ICC T20 2010 | Super 8s | St Lucia | 11/05/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure if thats the right idea. Maybe bowling first, and then try to get the runs in the amount of time instead of restricting Australia to a total? Either way, its a tough game for West Indies.

Windies need to win by 24 runs.

Australia can't afford to lose by 150 runs or they will be out. :))

Gayle was on fire last game.

if an early wicket goes down, bring in Sarwan. If not bring in Sammy or Bravo.

Look for Chanderpaul. This guys a legend, he's carried West Indies on his back during there dark years. He may not use brutal power, but he's damn smart. Gayle is their talisman but the law of averages tell me he can't get a hundred again. Wait is Nathan Hauritz playing.

Not playing Roach is retarded. Give urself an option to blow away the Australian to order. West Indies wont do anything with trundlers like Sammy, Bravo, Pollard. They can be effective but u cant rely on them. Its just stupid. Benn and Miller are repetitive. U can play one of them not both. Ottis Gibson u ve learned nothing.

id also open the batting with Sarwan. Sarwan has done well when opening the batting in this form of the game. Lefty Righty is overrated but Id rather keep Chanderpaul for the middle overs to ensure the Windies dont collapse.

chui_kadoo said:
they should bring pollard in next
Why, he's really a terrible batsmen in international. He won't do anything against this Australian pace attack.

ads101 said:
Why, he's really a terrible batsmen in international. He won't do anything against this Australian pace attack.
worth a punt. Nothing to lose

Good agressive start though by Windies. If they want to win, this is the way to do it.

Chanderpaul's experience might see them through. The problem is that their Bowling and fielding isn't up to par. Their batting team isn't half bad actually.

Windies should just play positive now. They need 180+ here i think.

What's it gonna take to match Australia? Who's gonna take on this pace barrage and how?

Windies need 185 minimum.

I wish the semis were at this time, 4:30 BST is ridiculous.

offcutter said:
What's it gonna take to match Australia? Who's gonna take on this pace barrage and how?

Chanderpaul is doing that at the time being

I must say
Chanderpaul is timing it beautifully

Why does the bat look so big in chanderpaul's hands?

Sarwan needs to find some form here, he was so good some years ago.

I hope this game can reveal a chink in Australia's armor, which we can exploit inshaAllah.

Ravi Shastri really struggling to comentate - give him a break & let him have a good cry!

Hussey has just taken a lighter version of Afridi's catch

Last edited:
Australia are getting reverse swing in the 6th over, has someone been biting? :afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back