West Indies v India | 1st Test | Kingston | 20-24 June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dravid is still the best number 3 we have got and will be invaluable in England. He surely has one more year of solid cricket left in him

Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Raini, Dhoni. OMG.

England are going to have to be in top gear if they want to win the required two tests. There will be at least one draw.

England are going to have to be in top gear if they want to win the required two tests. There will be at least one draw.

The good thing for England is that most of them will be rusty as they wouldn't have played any cricket when they land in England. Just one practice game ahead of the first test would not be enough.

yeah sorry, I meant Kohli in for Raina.

not sure if/when we will get bowled out by your trundlers, but our bowling is overrated and your batting is sickkk.

Sehweg Strauss

Gauti Cook

Dravid Trott

Sachin KP

Laxman Bell

Virat Morgan

Dhoni Prior

Which is strong top 7 ?

er India in every position :(

I would rather have The Incredible Jimmy, CT and the Swan than your pie chuckers tho :p

Sehweg Strauss

Gauti Cook

Dravid Trott

Sachin KP

Laxman Bell

Virat Morgan

Dhoni Prior

Which is strong top 7 ?
If it's a comparison

Sehwag over Strauss
Gambhir over Cook, I really rate Gambhir though Cook is in awesome form
Trott in current form
Sachin
I'd like to say Bell, but Laxman
Morgan over Kohli
Prior over Dhoni

Man, This Test Match is getting boring........

All this blocking is getting tiresome... Somebody needs to score a boundary :afridi

okay maybe Morgan over Kohli, but Kohli is pretty hot on his day.

I'm a big Prior fan but could he have done what Dhoni did in that World Cup final? Doubt it

If it's a comparison

Sehwag over Strauss
Gambhir over Cook, I really rate Gambhir though Cook is in awesome form
Trott in current form
Sachin
I'd like to say Bell, but Laxman
Morgan over Kohli
Prior over Dhoni

i accept prior over dhoni but morgan over kholi??

I'm a big Prior fan but could he have done what Dhoni did in that World Cup final? Doubt it
Yeah but I thought the comparison was just for tests

Kohli's done little in tests so far, and Morgan has a century against a pretty good Pakistani attack. So overall Morgan edges it for now.

Prior's a better test bat than Dhoni in my opinion.

a joke on cricinfo

Why did Rahul Dravid marry a Doctor? Answer : Because he is a 'Patient' batsman at the crease"

England will have to be in top gear to draw that one test :D

on a serious note , our bowlers might surprise you mayb you are underrating them a little

Morgan does have 130 v Asif and Amir, and a couple of 70s v Sri Lanka. Kohli looks like the sex but he's clearly not as proven
yep that's exactly why I put him ahead

I like Kohli, but I ain't gonna put him above Morgan in tests just yet until he has something to show

Surely he wont.. Dhoni loves pressure and plays spin better than any eng batsman . Dhoni is a special player

on a serious note , our bowlers might surprise you mayb you are underrating them a little

I consider Cook, Trott, Bell and Pietersen practically complete players, but there's no point expecting anything from the others against Zak and Harby. you might just get that many runs that your bowlers can win you the series.

I consider Cook, Trott, Bell and Pietersen practically complete players, but there's no point expecting anything from the others against Zak and Harby. you might just get that many runs that your bowlers can win you the series.

Not sure how Harbajan will do , but we have always had one seamer step up to support Zaheer . Ishant or Sree or RP , will love the conditions in England . Ihighly doubt one bowler can win us the series .

btw if Strauss can get thru Zaheer first up , I will be worried about him . you dont rate Trott ?

dunno man, no Zak! if WI bowl out of their skins, there's always the chance Sarwan or Chander could get in

Nah WI's batting line-up could never chase anything significant. Sarwan isn't that good, they're a one man team.

the way we are batting seems like we are 300 behind and batting to save the match :))

Watch out for this Kid , mukund . There hasnt been much hype around him , cos he dosnet play the IPL ..but a calssy player & gets big scores once he gets in . ~4000 runs @ 58 & hes only 21 , him along with Ajyanka rahane are our bigger hopes than Raina or Vijay for test cricket.

the way we are batting seems like we are 300 behind and batting to save the match :))

Mukund is playing for a place in the Test side for future considerations...

Dravid is Dravid... No point in complaing about his slow batting rate :D

Not sure how Harbajan will do , but we have always had one seamer step up to support Zaheer . Ishant or Sree or RP , will love the conditions in England . Ihighly doubt one bowler can win us the series .

btw if Strauss can get thru Zaheer first up , I will be worried about him . you dont rate Trott ?

I really like the look of PK, or any bowler who makes the batsman play constantly.

I want to see some Sree. he bowled some snorters in SA, always been a fan. funny little bloke with the curly hair, the headband, the tantrums and the occasional magic ball. love it.

where's RP these days? haven't seen him in ages but he was a madman at Trent Bridge.

not sure about Ishant, tends to look like Allan Donald and Donald Duck on alternate days.

dude Trott is a beast, where did I say I dint rate him?

Daryl continues to make new friends, kicking PK out of the attack... thought Daryl had been sacked?

sunnys on song today ...vaseline , bottlecap , margarine , broken tv and windows :))) :)))

he could be inventing Blackadder-esque comedy and it would still be rubbish. he's ... so ... dull

I want to see some Sree. he bowled some snorters in SA, always been a fan. funny little bloke with the curly hair, the headband, the tantrums and the occasional magic ball. love it.

where's RP these days? haven't seen him in ages but he was a madman at Trent Bridge.

not sure about Ishant, tends to look like Allan Donald and Donald Duck on alternate days.

dude Trott is a beast, where did I say I dint rate him?

none of Ishant , Sree or RP are consistent , which is frustrating sometimes . RP apparently has been bwoling well , no sure , but there is some talk of him being picked for England .

As for Ishant , seen a slight improvement lately ..but too early to call it a turnaround .

lol I some how missed Trott n your post , in my defence its 3:00 am here . :D

I seemed to have jinxed Mukund there . Should have gone one after all the hard work .

thats what happens when score this slow... the runs dont come and sooner or later you get out and havent made many. I am not saying go like sehwag but just to show positive intent. Positive run scoring intent makes bowlers think and more loose balls to get runs

Last edited:
Is there another twist? Unless WI can dismiss India for under 100-110, it's going to be really tough for them.

Just when I thought India had wrested advantage from Windies on day 2, they lose two quick wickets

Given the current Windies batting chasing anything over 250 might prove beyond them

none of Ishant , Sree or RP are consistent , which is frustrating sometimes . RP apparently has been bwoling well , no sure , but there is some talk of him being picked for England .

As for Ishant , seen a slight improvement lately ..but too early to call it a turnaround .

lol I some how missed Trott n your post , in my defence its 3:00 am here . :D

I seemed to have jinxed Mukund there . Should have gone one after all the hard work .

Indian seamers wouldn't be Indian seamers if they were consistent. That's why I like Sree and RP, and also why Zak is exceptional, because he never seems to bowl badly.

Tremlett is biggest threat to you guys, looks like he could be as good as Morkel.

how many overs are remaining? cricinfo says almost 11 and
then
Bishoo to Dravid, FOUR, gentle full toss on the pads, and even with just 14 minutes to go to stumps, Dravid puts it away for four through midwicket

confusing

Close of play is supposed to be 5 PM local time, but I don't know if they'll go past that to complete the quota of overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back