West Indies v India | 1st Test | Kingston | 20-24 June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apology by cricinfo

Oh my apologies folks. I forgot that another half an hour can be added to the scheduled close of play. So we have 35 minutes to go to stumps

It would be nice to reach 100-3 at the end of the days play. Bat 2 sessions tomorrow and the lead will be plenty big enough.

India's day so far, well on top. The ball is reversing for Fidel though, one more wicket and WI will be a fairly happy bunch after India's partership.

nice exchange at the end between kohli and edwards. bravo acts as peacemaker but their exchange appears friendly.

final few overs were awesome viewing. anyone who sees that and can't tell that test cricket takes a steaming dump on all other cricket is an idiot.

nice exchange at the end between kohli and edwards. bravo acts as peacemaker but their exchange appears friendly.
naah both seemed very friendly castro and kohli , bravo jr was just interested in the bat of kohli

final few overs were awesome viewing. anyone who sees that and can't tell that test cricket takes a steaming dump on all other cricket is an idiot.

The true Cricketers know this; I won't ever criticize fans though, that don't "Get it".

Here's hoping it goes to the 4th day at least.

The more I watch West Indian cricket, the more similarities I see to Pakistan. A lot of talent, poor infrastructure, politics, player power, irrational board, etc.

Even in this match, they had the Indians on the chopping block but lost control due to relaxing before the job was done. Very similar to Pakistan.

I am seriously impressed by Praveen kumar he can be a very good test bowler .. looks like a class bowler very similar to Mohammad Asif

And a good comeback for Sharma he has bowled with very good pace and has swung the ball ....

Sad to say currently India have better test fast bowlers than PAkistan

Last edited:
When asked about what would be the safe total for India in this test, Praveen said,

"Utna mere ko idea nahi hai. Hoga jitna bi hoga

lol.:D Spoken like a true jat.

WI coach sooking about pitch,

"The surface was disappointing," Gibson said. "It seems to be that the surface continues to favour the opposition more than us."

How can he say that this pitch favoured India more?

Indian pacers still took majority of (top order) wickets. And he forgets that he has one real gem (Bishoo) with him as well who too probably needs some encouragement from pitch especially early in his career. So all I can say, sour grapes indeed.

The more I watch West Indian cricket, the more similarities I see to Pakistan. A lot of talent, poor infrastructure, politics, player power, irrational board, etc.

Even in this match, they had the Indians on the chopping block but lost control due to relaxing before the job was done. Very similar to Pakistan.

Partly true. But some credit is owing to the Indians for fighting their way out of that dreaful situation. But I have noticed something about our lot and the Indians these days: they really don't give up trying to win or avoid losing and, perhaps more importantly, they win most of the big moments. That is why, hopefully, the series this summer will be a classic.

I am seriously impressed by Praveen kumar he can be a very good test bowler .. looks like a class bowler very similar to Mohammad Asif

And a good comeback for Sharma he has bowled with very good pace and has swung the ball ....

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see Praveen's bowling. And Ishant did generate really good pace . Did not expect either of them to happen.Well, I think I will just have to eat my words what I said about them earlier.

I'd say Indian bowling is not all that bad as it is made out to be. if Ishant can carry on like this, Zaheer, Ishant, Praveen and perhaps Sreesanth will be a handful in England I feel.

True .
164 ahead . I feel a target of 300 is a must but getting to 225 in this innings wont be easy .Just hope we dont collapse today !!!

I think anything over 250 will be difficult to chase. But they should get as many as possible to leave no room for insecurity. There are still days left remember.

lol @ ishant pissed off about being called spinner and medium pacer and starts bowling 140+

shahidafridi123: 205 all out
amjid javed: 198 all out
kingkhanwc: 230 all out
cricketfanfirst: 179
freelance_cricketer: 286
krishnan: 287
kashmiri_lad: 185
asian123: 260 all out
down4whatever: 200
ads101: 400 all out
Legend Killer: 278
Mobashir: 288
Rizie: 210
Arcturus: 193 all out
nish_mate: 199 all out
jheenga: 249
pun500: 188
AlizeeFan: 204 all out
giri26: 215
CoolSERAZ: 227 all out
NJamal: 453
s2k: 190
talha.raja: 186
Khabri420: 195 all out
Looney: 197 all out
skillz: 169

WI made 173

Skillz was closest but that was a late prediction i guess.

Cricketfanfirst's prediction was the best :14:
Congrats man

The next contest what would be India's second innings score?
I predict
can someone please update the scores predicted by other then??

PK needs another 5mph
Maybe can work on seaming the ball too, not sure how effective he would be when there is no swing, pretty much will be a cannon fodder

PK needs another 5mph
Maybe can work on seaming the ball too, not sure how effective he would be when there is no swing, pretty much will be a cannon fodder

What PK needs is a doosra, teesra, googly and a flipper...

All this speed sheed is utter bakwaas.

Look at Harmless one and Actor they had all the speed and kinni wicketaan liti?.
We need to produce a quicker Kumble and that is what PK bhai is...

A upgraded version of Kumble ;-)

Spinner who swings it!

I can see India gaining a lead of 300 here and then winning the game with ease. When you play on wickets with something in it for the bowlers your 1st inns batting effort and gaining a lead is crucial. Most of the time in such types of situation which ever side gains the lead usually wins the match.

The pitch isnt as lively and difficult as the 2006 one played on between the two sides but on that occasion India won as well and the 100+ lead they had won them the game. I see this being no different!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2011/engine/match/239923.html

Predict India's second inning score-

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
freelance_cricketer - 332

keep adding :)

This Indian side is not the most talented ever when you consider dominant teams from previous eras. They ll hardly crush sides. But they are mentally toughest in the world and have tremendous self belief. I think that is making the difference. WI team is young and vulnerable. I think it would have been a good contest with both sides in full strength. But as I said earlier in this forum, this Indian side just has that championship material in it.

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327

continue..

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327
ahamedirshad123 - 258 (Hope india score more than my predicted score)

The Broadcast of the series is a little better now with Mike Haysman as the anchor. Chaaru sharma and Saba karim were awful.

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327
ahamedirshad123 - 258
Jheenga- 221
AmjidJaved- 243
nish_mate - 339

keep adding

What will India's score be in the second innings?

shahidafridi123: 349
cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327
ahamedirshad123 - 258
Jheenga- 221
AmjidJaved- 243
nish_mate - 339

Please Join!

Last edited:

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327
ahamedirshad123 - 258
Jheenga- 221
AmjidJaved- 243
nish_mate - 339
Cricfan_90 - 197

Please Join!

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327
ahamedirshad123 - 258
Jheenga- 221
AmjidJaved- 243
nish_mate - 339
Cricfan_90 - 197
talha.raja - 281
bantu - 232 all out
pun500 - 310 dec.

Please Join!

cric_fan82 - 260
subhek - 320
cricketfanfirst - 347
kashmiri_lad - 327
ahamedirshad123 - 258
Jheenga- 221
AmjidJaved- 243
nish_mate - 339
Cricfan_90 - 197
talha.raja - 281
bantu - 232 all out
pun500 - 310 dec.
down4whatever: 300

Please Join!

Karachi Dolphins ?

Heard about Lions, Cobras before but Dolphins :))

Rahul Dravid is 215 runs short of Ponting for the second highest test scorer in test history :inti

Hopefully he will leave him behind by the end of this series :)
How cool will that be, top two run scorers both Indians :22:

Last edited:
Gavaskar - don't think Sammy is a 5 wicket taking bowler, can just hold one end

Bishop - he took a few 5fers against Pakistan , would want to argue with that :)))

Ball kept low, only if it was aimed at stumps Dravid was gone there :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back