West Indies v Pakistan l 4th ODI | Gros Islet | 21/7/13 l WI Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ims1

First Class Captain
Runs
Batting first is not a good idea, says Jeff Dujon and that's exactly what Pakistan have taken heed of after winning the toss. They will bowl first. Pakistan are fielding the same XI. Bravo says he would have batted first anyway and he thinks 230-ish should be a good total. Devon Smith has been brought in for Kieron Pollard, who has been having a wretched season with the bat.

West Indies team
CH Gayle, J Charles†, DS Smith, DM Bravo, MN Samuels, LMP Simmons, DJ Bravo*, DJG Sammy, KAJ Roach, SP Narine, JO Holder .

Pakistan team
Ahmed Shehzad, Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Hafeez, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Haris Sohail, Umar Akmal†, Shahid Afridi, Wahab Riaz, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan .

Pakistan to win. Surely it's time to chase properly now..

Yeah .. I think Pakistan feel they can get WI out cheaply.

If West Indies Score more than 250 .. Pakistan is gone.

Not seen the pitch report but the average scores suggest 240 would be a par score .

Bravo says he would have batted first anyway and he thinks 230-ish should be a good total.

Devon Smith has been brought in for Kieron Pollard, who has been having a wretched season with the bat.

its sucha shame that before game even starts we know any score above 200 be too much........

Yeah .. I think Pakistan feel they can get WI out cheaply.

If West Indies Score more than 250 .. Pakistan is gone.

250 is too much, in reality our team cant chase anything above 200

very bad decision from misbah

Bowl first doesnt make win so far for a bowling team this series, I hope this time changes

I hope gayle fires today and they get a big total !

Then we'll see how ronaldo and kaptaan go about it :dav

Gayle won't be opening today so this might be gayle's game, he is more likely to succeed with ball not moving around

Do not be so pessimistic hur . remember,last match was tied at 229 .

there is difference between pessimism and realism.... :))

PAkistan team with this batting line-up simply dont have ability to chase anything around 220

so looks like there is real moisture on this wicket so lets see if our pacers can xpoit ot

I would have liked WI to play Tino with Roach & Holder .

Anything more than 230 is curtains for Pak. Its ridiculous, but that's what pak batsmen are capable off.

can't believe wahab is still playing!

well, if they've opted to bowl first on this pitch... then better restrict them arnd 200 now!

Sky saying Gayle is likely to move down the order.

Oh no... covers coming on :|

no rain, just a precautionary measure i guess

if windies can drop pollard thn pak can drop hafeez or afridi too

cric info says :9.00 am It's not raining, but the covers are being brought in to cover the pitch. It's a pre-emptive strike from the groundstaff as they are expecting it to com down soon

cric info says :9.00 am It's not raining, but the covers are being brought in to cover the pitch. It's a pre-emptive strike from the groundstaff as they are expecting it to com down soon

Because WI is batting

Last edited:
From Cricinfo:

9.00 am It's not raining, but the covers are being brought in to cover the pitch. It's a pre-emptive strike from the groundstaff as they are expecting it to come down soon.

'Smith has faced 21 deliveries from Hafeez, has scored 9 runs, but has been dismissed four times by the bowler. He has also been dismissed by Hafeez twice in Tests, in two matches after facing only 12 balls. '

Lets hope pakistan can utilise this!

Because WI is batting

No , it is standard practice to cover the strip if it looks like it is going to rain & is the groundsman's call who is the local man . Ten cricket now running a rain delay sticker so right decision .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back