West Indies vs India 2nd ODI

zMario

ODI Debutant
Runs
Rahul Dravid has opted to bowl first, and Ramesh Powar is playing. I always call Powar motta motta!

INDIA :

Sehwag
*Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif
Raina
+Dhoni
Pathan
Powar
Agarkar
Harbhajahn
Munaf Patel

WI

Gayle
Morton
Sarwan
*Lara
Chanderpaul
Samuels
Bravo
+Baugh
Bradshaw
Taylor
Edwards

Great maiden over from Pathan,

I bet Indias gonna win again - they're chasing

Agarkar given the new ball and has struck immediately. Well bowled, big ears.

Thats out... either LBW, or if he hit it with his bat, it would be caught...

LARA Has walked in....

Now if Lara gets out, WI have lost again I think

India on a roll here.

This might just be a cakewalk.

The great man, Lara in.

Expecting some magic today.

Wicket maiden for Irfan Pathan.

Well bowled, sir. He really is dangerous when the ball is swinging in the early overs. Quite useless later on, though.

agarkar bowling around 83-85 mph ... decent control over early new ball swing ...

expect him to do some more damage ...

2-2 (wide bowled)

3.5 overs

Easatheman said:
Wicket maiden for Irfan Pathan.

Well bowled, sir. He really is dangerous when the ball is swinging in the early overs. Quite useless later on, though.
Really? I think he's useless all the time. He cannot bat, without lots and lots of luck, and his bowling is only good with the new ball, and even I can get a wicket with a new ball, and a very good pitch made for bowlers.

West Indies have added 1 more run to the total, I think that is a major accomplishment!

West Indies 2/2

3 slips for lara ... ball goes down the leg side ... gets slight contact and the ball races away to the boundary fence ...

zMario said:
Really? I think he's useless all the time. He cannot bat, without lots and lots of luck, and his bowling is only good with the new ball, and even I can get a wicket with a new ball, and a very good pitch made for bowlers.

I don't like him much either but the fact of the matter is that he is a decent batsman and a very good swing bowler in the first few overs.

Plus he's young, he has plenty of time to improve and learn and he seems like a good student of the game.

Easatheman said:
I don't like him much either but the fact of the matter is that he is a decent batsman and a very good swing bowler in the first few overs.

Plus he's young, he has plenty of time to improve and learn and he seems like a good student of the game.
Well, true, but I mean, to make a pure bowler become an all rounder is difficult, almost impossible...

I think Pathan is best utilized as a pure bowler, and put in 8 or 9

Argubly the best two batsman for the Windies out in the middle currently.

Lets hope, for Windies sake, that they can put together a formidable partnership.

zMario said:
Well, true, but I mean, to make a pure bowler become an all rounder is difficult, almost impossible...

I think Pathan is best utilized as a pure bowler, and put in 8 or 9

He's good enough to bat at number seven, the position he is currently batting in.

His average is 28, and that is very decent.

it wasn't that high ... looked quite close to me ... i feel lara's lucky to be out there still ... he seems a bit tentative in the middle

9/2

5.5 overs ...

West Indies 9/2 after 6 overs, and if I were the WI fans, I wouldn't be cheering right now...

They get another single...

Yay Dean Jones on, usually India start losing when he's commentating

it amazes me how much agarkar has improved lately....decent pace,geniuenly troubles batsmen with swing n bowls slower balls vry well......I actually wanted this team out of the team some time back!

Both Lara and Dhoni showing their true colours ... sloppy work there by dhoni ...

7 overs ... 16/2

invincible said:
Both Lara and Dhoni showing their true colours ... sloppy work there by dhoni ...

7 overs ... 16/2
LOL hahhahahah

thats so true though!

soooooooooo happy to see indians fielding well (sehwag) and powar stopping a ball cleanly ...

wish raina had taken that catch ... but no complaints ... he already proved a lot for his age and this was just a flash in the pan (hopefully) ...

THEY STARTED THE OVER WITHOUT THE SQUARE LEG UMPIRE!

What in the world?!

funniest incident i have seen in cricket for a long time ...

over to be re-started ...

reminds me of a song ---

Kal tha mein yahaan ... woh bhi thi yaheen ...

Aaj mein phir yahaan ... lekin woh nahin ...

POWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!

saves 3 runs !!! wass wrong with him today ???

beautiful cover drive there by lara -- gets 3 runs

9th over --- 20/2

Lara struggling to get into a rhythm ... not timing the ball correctly ... few close lbw shouts ...

Last edited:
deano continues to rave about lara being out there ... i agree he is right to certain extent but the way he says it makes one feel as if he is set for a double hundred ...

another decent over by agarkar ...

5-2-4-1 --- he is in a great spell at the moment ... hope he gets one of these two batsmen before the end of the spell ..

Really invincible? I hope Agarkar gets hit for 50 in his last 5 overs lol

yep -- pp2's been taken ... comon - 10 overs 22/2 ... even my doggie would go for it ... mind u - its not really intelligent ...

so u wish aggarkar to be hit for 50 runs ?? the way these two batsmen are playing --- not possible unless these two batsman get out this over ...

lara goneeeeeeeeeeeeee ... pathan ... huge out swinger ... lara reaches for it ... good catch by dravid ...

Back