What comes to your mind when you attend a funeral and look inside the grave?

Poseidon

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
i want to know, what comes to your mind when you attend someones funeral in graveyard and looking inside the grave ? its for both, muslim and non-muslims members on ppers.

for non-muslims, they can share thre experience about Cremation etc.

share your experience here and dont try to troll or mock others.

thanks.

dont take life too seriously, youll never escape it alive...

jokes aside, seeing a dug grave, or walking in grave yards doesn't really do much to me, its an inevitability, everyone will die, and to me at least it represents what preceded my consciousness so i am as effected by it much the same as the expanse of time before i was born, that is, not much.

i do however think modern society is too materialistic and a walk around a grave yard is an excellent way to observe many people who pbly were stressed about money and status and stuff, and now there bones all lie together indistinguishable from one another was it not for a piece of stone that marks there name.

All good things come to an end. Thoughts like this cross my mind, for example, what kind of journey my soul would embark upon would I meet anyone in between. My last wish is If Allah could fulfill it. I would like to see/meet my mother one more time after my death.
Our stay is so short time is flying by it is better to spend time with your family members. I am living in western society it is sad that sons and daughters do not have time for their parents.
The western countries are developed but something is lacking ......here life is like a business transaction.

I feel frighten that this is where I would end up. Or the thought about the final hisab would be taken here with everything shut around.

One thing that really bothers me is the reality of losing my mother as I am very close to her, and i do wonder every time i see a grave that what would i do without her.

It's a very humbling experience especially when I walk past graves of young people.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.

That's what comes to my mind.

To God we belong and to Him we shall return.

It’s a somber occasion. It helps us say goodbye. I have given eulogies and Bible readings at the church, and carried the coffin several times. I try to get a few spadefuls of earth into the hole if the gravediggers let me.

It's a very humbling experience especially when I walk past graves of young people.

It's actually the small graves of children which affect me most. Older people have had their time usually, a grave is a dignified and humane exit from this world. But when I see graves of kids and young people it really makes me sad.

Back