What was the last song you listened to?

Sia - Chandelier

Wow, this woman can singg!

Love her voice, the videos are a bit freaky though :)) Remind me of Lady Gaga's.

Just watched the video of Chandelier on youtube, someone commented "I feel like the person living above me in my apartment does this **** but at the same time weighs like 300lbs" :))) I feel the same way when living in my flat at uni.

Love her voice, the videos are a bit freaky though :)) Remind me of Lady Gaga's.

Just watched the video of Chandelier on youtube, someone commented "I feel like the person living above me in my apartment does this **** but at the same time weighs like 300lbs" :))) I feel the same way when living in my flat at uni.

Oh God I read that last night too! :)))

Me Likey. However, still think just the female part would have been better.

I listen to that [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] when am in the Gym, it gives you that adrenaline rush to push yourself to get in that extra rep or when your jogging it makes you sprint. When you listen to it you think about Kurt's intensity [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION], the Olympic champion that won a gold medal with a broken neck and the guy who pushes him self beyond all limits in the squared circle :bow:

I listen to that [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] when am in the Gym, it gives you that adrenaline rush to push yourself to get in that extra rep or when your jogging it makes you sprint. When you listen to it you think about Kurt's intensity [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION], the Olympic champion that won a gold medal with a broken neck and the guy who pushes him self beyond all limits in the squared circle :bow:

Bahhh gawwd! Lost 4 kgs in a month already and working to lose 6 more. Now with Kurt on my side, I'll get there in no time! :bow:

Some Pakistani song they made for Independence Day. Goes something like 'Dil Dara, Chand Tara'. Did anyone hear it yet?

Bahhh gawwd! Lost 4 kgs in a month already and working to lose 6 more. Now with Kurt on my side, I'll get there in no time! :bow:

:))) That had me cracking. But it's True It's DAMN TRUE! Kurt Angle theme and Ultimate Warrior theme will turn you into arnold in the gym

[MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]

Who'd have thought Police Brutality would still exist in the year 2015 :facepalm:

Loved that :)) these are my favourite B.I.G choonz:

[/QUOT+

Just love his music, surely one of the best rappers of all time.

These too are some songs of him, i could recommend:

Biggie Smalls - Party & BS ;)
The Notorious B.I.G. - "Big Poppa"
The Notoroius B.I.G. - "Sky's The Limit"
+ The Notorious BIG ft. Ja Rule - Old Thing Back (Matoma Remix)

Last edited:
Biggie was the GOAT

Could never go wrong with TuPac when it came to the lyrics and Biggie with the Flow/Rhythm. Ice Cube and Easy E could challenge them in those categories though. Eminem with his rhymes and Dre with his beats were on another level.

[MENTION=138444]Syed2015[/MENTION] [MENTION=1889]Saqs[/MENTION] have you guys listened to this guy before?

Could never go wrong with TuPac when it came to the lyrics and Biggie with the Flow/Rhythm. Ice Cube and Easy E could challenge them in those categories though. Eminem with his rhymes and Dre with his beats were on another level.

Eazy is overrated as a solo artist. He had an amazing voice but the flow and lyrics were not always there. Loved his work but would never put him in the same list as a Pac, Biggie, Nas etc.

Peak Eminem was Infinite and MM LP. He was just on another level. I hope he goes back to some of that earlier style.

[MENTION=138444]Syed2015[/MENTION] [MENTION=1889]Saqs[/MENTION] have you guys listened to this guy before?

No, but man this boy got some talent. Would like to see how he turns out with age.

Last edited:
Eazy is overrated as a solo artist. He had an amazing voice but the flow and lyrics were not always there. Loved his work but would never put him in the same list as a Pac, Biggie, Nas etc.

Peak Eminem was Infinite and MM LP. He was just on another level. I hope he goes back to some of that earlier style.

He doesn't compare when you look at those names as a package but when it came to his distinctive delivery, charisma and flow he is up there with them imo; let down by the fact that he wasn't the greatest writer but has some pretty decent tracks. Fans overly criticise his writing abilities but highly regarded amongst the hip hop community and his impact on the genre can not be denied.

Definitely agree with you, only guy who is flying the Hip Hop flag atm and managed to evolve/adapt irrespective of the era. There is no demand for his earlier work unfortunately so I doubt he will release such material on a commercial level.

No, but man this boy got some talent. Would like to see how he turns out with age.

He actually was the first rapper to appear on the X-Factor in America I think at a very very young age and man I was in awe of his talent given his age! instantly reminded me of biggie, it's sad that his ability will not be truly recognised on a main-stream level. Kid is born in the wrong era :)).

Here are some other performances from the talent show, the initial audition was an original track and the other two were rehashes of hold me down and loose yourself:

He actually was the first rapper to appear on the X-Factor in America I think at a very very young age and man I was in awe of his talent given his age! instantly reminded me of biggie, it's sad that his ability will not be truly recognised on a main-stream level. Kid is born in the wrong era :)).

Here are some other performances from the talent show, the initial audition was an original track and the other two were rehashes of hold me down and loose yourself:

Sad but true! This era sadly isnt made for these kind of musicians, and still will unearth these lame teen boygroups. But again credit to those performances, do you know which stage he reached in this talent show?

He doesn't compare when you look at those names as a package but when it came to his distinctive delivery, charisma and flow he is up there with them imo; let down by the fact that he wasn't the greatest writer but has some pretty decent tracks. Fans overly criticise his writing abilities but highly regarded amongst the hip hop community and his impact on the genre can not be denied.

Definitely agree with you, only guy who is flying the Hip Hop flag atm and managed to evolve/adapt irrespective of the era. There is no demand for his earlier work unfortunately so I doubt he will release such material on a commercial level.

Yeah his impact on hip hop is probably the highest compared with anybody else considering NWA and Bone Thugz. He definitely had the business edge that a load of more talented rappers lack.

In terms of current artists probably Kendrick and Cole are the best in terms of the overall package. Lupe is too ernest for my liking. I respect what he does in terms of bringing issues to mainstream attention, but sometimes I just want to listen to something that is light-hearted and has a nice beat and melody.

Sad but true! This era sadly isnt made for these kind of musicians, and still will unearth these lame teen boygroups. But again credit to those performances, do you know which stage he reached in this talent show?

He made it around about the Quarter Final Stage, there has never been a solo hip hop artist that has ever reached that far and Astro did it in America which was pretty impressive! He has sought of transitioned into Acting; he was the kid in A Walk amongst the Tombstones and now has a few other projects coming up; I guess he releases mixtapes here and there but that's mainly because it's his passion/hobby; he understands the essences of hip hop in its purest form.

The songbird of my generation. My favourite artist at the moment, just love his dark and manipulative essence on women, sex and drugs.

[MENTION=135125]Pantani[/MENTION] [MENTION=1889]Saqs[/MENTION] [MENTION=138444]Syed2015[/MENTION]

One that falls under the radar at times :))

[MENTION=135125]Pantani[/MENTION] [MENTION=1889]Saqs[/MENTION] [MENTION=138444]Syed2015[/MENTION]

Ill need to search for some other link, because this video isnt available on YT in Germany, due to copyright issues :)) Specially those music videos are so heavily restricted on YT here in Germany, unfortunately ... :/

Love that whole album!

We should make a separate rap appreciation thread in Time Pass :narine

It's amazing how much talent came out of Long Beach during the '90s.

Aside from the big names like Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Warren G, and Tha Dogg Pound; there were others too who were awesome, like Foesum, and LBC Crew:

That's a good one, I remember it from FIFA 06. I never had much time for Damian Marley - he's good but I always felt he and his brothers got an unfair leg-up in the music business because of who their father was.

Stromae - Papaoutai

Interesting video concept

That's a good one, I remember it from FIFA 06. I never had much time for Damian Marley - he's good but I always felt he and his brothers got an unfair leg-up in the music business because of who their father was.

Best FIFA game ever. Don't know much about their background apart from knowing he is Bob's son.

[MENTION=56866]Bullet Drive[/MENTION] one of our own :))

One of the best from the fusion genre; Apache was unique and paved the way for many asians musicians in the UK.

From what I saw of Melbourne earlier this year when I visited, I would guess you're from Dandenong or Footscray or St. Kilda?

Haha nah back in the 90s there were some rougher parts of town than even Footscray.

Absolutely no idea why the gorillaz thread was deleted but anyway, here's my most recent songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU[/URL] 2pac feat Dr.Dre - California Love

Last edited:
Yes! finally someone who has familiar taste in music. Which other songs would you recommend.
Have recently listened to two more songs:

"Bas tu" and "Pyaar".

Both are Punjabi songs, just search the terms on YouTube; you'll find the songs. :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back