Where to buy Cricket Bats online?

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Well, I have two questions.

Firstly, I am looking to get a new bat. But this bat has to be light, not incredibly heavy, and should have a good sweet spot. Basically, a good, decent light bat that gives a good shot.

Also, what sites should I check online to get this bat?

Please help ASAP. Have a match next week, and need to order it fast.

EDIT: I mean, there are just so many options out there but I don't know what to go for. I don't really want to spend more then $150, but more its ok, but not a lot more. I was looking for something in the companies of Malik and Slazenger.

Last edited:
Yes I tried that. But I also need help with what to get?

I was looking at the Malik Zulfi and Slazenger Sxi, the cheapest one of the version. What do you guys recommend. I don't like to hit out much, just like to play shots.

Out of Malik and Slazenger bats, I recommend the Malik Zulfi. A reasonably moderate weight bat, with good pick up, and an excellent (once knocked in) middle. As long as you are a good batsman, you will get runs and this bat will greatly assist you. I would put an extra grip on if I were you though, and an anti scuff sheet.

I am not a professional but you have to go to stores and pick up bats and see how it feels for you. Or you check bats of your friends. Then you will be able to narrow down and maybe you have done this and narrowed it down. You might make a mistake the first or second bat.

What bat do you have now? Do you like it? What is the problem with it?

Well I have the Slazenger V Pro 900 but its a bit heavy for me. I think I may go for the Malik Zulfi.

What about the Slazenger SXi? Are those any good?

iZeeshan said:
Well I have the Slazenger V Pro 900 but its a bit heavy for me. I think I may go for the Malik Zulfi.

What about the Slazenger SXi? Are those any good?

go for the malik sher amin. i just bought one. very light pick up indeed

I would recomend you to use Kookaburra or MRF as I used both at some time and are best for flicking, cutting, driving. MRF can be used for big hits as it seem sto have big middle area. From Pakistani bats Malik an AS seem to be best. I recently used AS and it was perfect for hitting big six.

Thanks for the advice.

I am going to Karachi this December. What places should I check?

Ok, now I don't need advice on the bat. I have chosen the Malik Zulfi. I am still following the Slazenger SXi, the cheapest version of that, the classic or the Panther (adult).

I just need to know this: Where can I find the best deals? Where are the cheapest bats? Can they ship to the US?

I would never buy a bat online.

Each bat has its own feel and I would much prefer to actually have the bat in my hands before purchasing it.

Saj said:
I would never buy a bat online.

Each bat has its own feel and I would much prefer to actually have the bat in my hands before purchasing it.

yeh i aint had good experiences buying bats online

Nah, this bat I have felt before. My friend has it. It feels really good in my hand. I like it.

i myself got a PLAIN MB Zulfi (i think) no sticker so cant tell u exactly!

i got it for 75 quid, came already to use, knocked it in anyways.

pings beautifully, but is of med to light weight (i prefer feather wieght)

75 including delivery to UK.. not bad hey

The first match i used it in, i hit 3 6's and 2 4's and made a single.. 27 off 7or 8 balls ;-)

SameerM said:
i myself got a PLAIN MB Zulfi (i think) no sticker so cant tell u exactly!

i got it for 75 quid, came already to use, knocked it in anyways.

pings beautifully, but is of med to light weight (i prefer feather wieght)

75 including delivery to UK.. not bad hey

The first match i used it in, i hit 3 6's and 2 4's and made a single.. 27 off 7or 8 balls ;-)

i know about your first game. how about after that?

A bit out there, but does anyone know where would be the cheapest place to get the Slazenger SX Pro online for shops that are based in the US?

Dont get the slazenger! If you are, make sure you oiled and knocked it in sufficently and put an anti-scuff sheet on it.

Get a Kookabura Kahuna Carnage, make sure its a carnage. There are differnt types of kahuna's, the carnage matches your description & ironicly its my new bat lol. When you get new bats, dont play with a new ball straight away it can get surface cracks. Make sure you knock it for about 8 hours even if its "pre-knocked in". So if you get your bat, it wouldnt be advised to use it for sunday, especially if you open.

So is Cricket big in the US then? Do you have like leagues ect?

king_of_kings_ali said:
Dont get the slazenger! If you are, make sure you oiled and knocked it in sufficently and put an anti-scuff sheet on it.

Get a Kookabura Kahuna Carnage, make sure its a carnage. There are differnt types of kahuna's, the carnage matches your description & ironicly its my new bat lol. When you get new bats, dont play with a new ball straight away it can get surface cracks. Make sure you knock it for about 8 hours even if its "pre-knocked in". So if you get your bat, it wouldnt be advised to use it for sunday, especially if you open.

So is Cricket big in the US then? Do you have like leagues ect?
Ok, thanks for the tips.

I al ready got the Slazenger SX Ultimate. I got a really good deal from a guy in Pakistan. It was $100. Normally $320 in stores. It is Pakistani so I am a lil worried, but I just hope everything works out ok. I sent him my best offer of $100 and he accepted.

I am not sure if its knocked or anything. Where can I get an anti-scuff sheet? Is it that tape thing that isn't very smooth that you put on the front blade?

Also, we do have leagues and I am trying to join one. We don't play with a regular cricket ball. Its a hard tennis ball (called Nivia), so I dunno if I acutally need any knocking in.

Well scuff sheet is a see through plastic sheet, cheap about £3 but very effecient, stops surface cracks most bats already have it on.. Its not the honeycomb tape with little squares, that works too but try to get a scuff sheet. Try your local cricket shop or ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KOOKABURRA-CR...ryZ57261QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

If its not a cricket ball probably not, do you were pads? if so just get some one to give you some trow downs with an old ball so the bat will have had some knocking or use a mallet. Go on to the boundary sports site www.boundarysports.co.uk for some tips on bat care.

That site is really useful KOKA, thanks.

I will just put a cricket ball in a sock and do w/e ur supposed to do.

By the way, did you see Peitersons new cricket bat against India?
commentator said Woodworm Hard Drive 2.9 lbs??? I think Bell had the same sticker too

No, Ian Bell was using the Slazenger SXi Elite Pro.

Yea, I saw Petey's new bat. Its siiickkk

Desisport.com is one of the best and cheapest sites based in the USA for cricket equipment

Sher is listed at $169 right now and Zulfi at $119...

You can even call the guy on the phone and see what kind of bat he suggests

Monsee said:
Desisport.com is one of the best and cheapest sites based in the USA for cricket equipment

Sher is listed at $169 right now and Zulfi at $119...

You can even call the guy on the phone and see what kind of bat he suggests
Yes Desisport is really cheap. I was going to buy from them until I made an incredibly stupid offer which turned out amazing.

iZeeshan said:
Yea, I saw Petey's new bat. Its siiickkk

Flintoffs got one too.

iZeeshan said:
Yes Desisport is really cheap. I was going to buy from them until I made an incredibly stupid offer which turned out amazing.

You probably could of negotiated a cheaper price, with Pakistan shops they rarley have fixed prices and when the find out that your from abroad they notch the prices up, If he sold it you for $100 it meant that he would still have been making a profit or he wouldnt agree to it.

Good buying experience with desisport

I agree with above comments , recently i bought a bat from desisports . before buying bat there i checked almost 15 websites and found them to be reasonably priced.

According to them their main plus point is they assure you to beat competitors price by 25% , they ask you to call them if you are not getting this deal and they will make sure you will get it as per their promise.

here is the link

www.desisport.com

Back