Who is the weakest link in the current Pakistan team?

Who is the weakest link in the current Pakistan team?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
They say: "A chain is as strong as its weakest link". So is there any such issue with Pakistan team too that is holding it back. The recent non inclusion of Shaheen Shah Afridi in the 2nd Test is quite meaningful bearing in mind his awful show in the 1st Test against Bangladesh. Although Jason Gillespie has dismissed such reasoning straight away but is he or any other particular player the reason behind team's recent failures.

Share your thoughts regarding the weakest link in the team or do you believe the whole chain is brittle..

Pakistan needs a Solid number 3 like Azhar Ali. Shan Masood is not even decent batsman at this level.
In bowling front Naseem Shah. He is weakest link as he never bowl on consistent lengths.

Among the options, it's Babar Azam.

You already have Shafique, Saud, and Rizwan that are grafters. You need your best batter to be authoritative and score high-impact runs, which Babar doesn't.

Worst batsman in the side right now is Saim. Babar is out of form now and Abdullah but given they have performed in the past they will likely recapture form. I am a fan of Saim but can’t rate him until he’s actually done anything. Probably the batsman who I have the least faith in, he just looks indisciplined at the crease and not ready. I think 2 years of maturing in domestic and this guy would come back as a real gun player. Don’t think it’s a talent issue, he’s talented enough.

Masood is probably 2nd worst batsman. Though he performed better than most of our batsmen in Australia. I have feeling he might just click. I was genuinely surprised how good he looked at times against aus. But yeah he’s been bad.

Pacers have all not really done much yet. So I guess can be blamed too.

Our best batsman and player in tests right now is Saud.

Am disappointed kamran wasn’t included for 2nd test, seeing how well Saud did. We need to reward our domestic performers, this guy broke records he deserves a chance.

positive mindset is basically the weakest link in this Pakistan team. Everyone seems to be on the backfoot, playing just to secure their place in the team rather than focusing on winning the game for the country.

what about salman agha? dont understand his utility
The dude scored multiple 50's during the nz series, and did well in the test prior to this.

Him having one bad bamgaldesh series does not qualify him to be the worst.

The worst are easily Shan, Babar, Shaheen and saim Ayub atm. However

Shaheen and Babar for all their faults have performed in all 3 formats for Pakistan before.

Meanwhile Shan is objectively, Factually and statistically the worst opener/top order bat with 50+ games for pakistan and has never done a damn in his entire career and saim ayub is the same.

Seriously it took saim 25 international games to finally get a half century and even then he felt dodgy once he got his 50. And he felt like a waste in the 2nd innings.

Agha has played some handy knocks so he is not the weal link IMO. I think it is definitely Shan on number 1. He is a walking wicket.

Mir Hamza is gonna bowl in this Test at SSA's expense. Let's see what difference can he make

Back