Who should be given the credit for 0-2 Test series loss against Bangladesh?

RidiculousMan

First Class Star
Runs
We often talk about giving credit for a win. But these days Pakistan is only losing.

It's an incredible feat to achieve to a side like Bangladesh at home, 0-2. It's not even England or Australia this time. Even then only England did clean sweep of the two.

Now who deserves this series lost credit?

Imran Khan for messing up the cricket system!

There, I said it!

Thank you, when i say it, they call it hatred from Bharat.

Imran Khan, the hero turned joker villain for Pakistan. He was expected to turn things around but ended up creating all this mess.

Or give credit where its due? A team came from 26/6 to winning the test. Hell, any team in a position of 26/6 in any test match against the weakest opposition - almost 90% would go on to loose.

Or give credit where its due? A team came from 26/6 to winning the test. Hell, any team in a position of 26/6 in any test match against the weakest opposition - almost 90% would go on to loose.

The top 6 combined scored 21 in the first innings. This is the 2nd lowest a top 6 has scored in first innings and the team won the match..the lowest was 17 in a test match in 1887 between the only two nations playing test at time

Credit goes to Bangladesh plain and simple.

Yes they weren't perfect by any means. Plenty of drop catches. They also wasted time for no reason in the first Test, and shanto as a bat is still unreliable however

The professionalism, the planning and execution, and the ability to remain calm especially from das and mehidy was > pakistan.

But yes in terms of skill gap, Bangladesh was also heads and shoulders above Pakistan in all departments.

Credit goes to Bangladesh.

But if you want to know who should be held responsible then Pakistan team players particularly Shan, Babar, Shafique, Abrar, Shaheen.

But yes in terms of skill gap, Bangladesh was also heads and shoulders above Pakistan in all departments.
This is what shocked me I think. If you'd told me before the series that there'd be 2 close games and Bangladesh would win both, I'd be surprised but wouldn't make fun of you.

Pakistan though, were thoroughly outplayed. A 10 wicket win and a 6 wicket stroll are results I'd be satisfied with India getting over Bangladesh. And we take those series for granted.

The gap can't be that large can it?

The first and most important thing was Banlgladesh's performance in this series, cannot take anything away from them, they have earned this.

Secondly, it was a failure of batters that cost us this series. Simple

Shafeeq Babar both failed miserably (Babar doesn't look like he has time to, Mr. superstar go back practice and learn how to play against spin)
Saim should answer why he felt after twice reaching 50 he needs to go after a ball that was way wide of his off stump

Shakeel after your beautiful knock in first innings, when trying to save the test in the test in 2nd inning what was the need trotting down the pitch that early

Literally throwing there wickets away to send a message

Shafeeq Babar both failed miserably (Babar doesn't look like he has time to, Mr. superstar go back practice and learn how to play against spin)
Mr Superstar did apparently give up lucrative T20 contracts from big leagues such as ILT20 to focus on Bangla Premier league and Lanka Prem in order to enhance his game in spin…

First Test
- Early declaration (underestimated Bangladesh)
- Overestimated Pakistani bowlers
- Politics and internal affairs (Shaheen vs Babar vs Shan)
- Dropped Catches
- Captaincy (bad field settings and rotation)
- batted like Bangladesh in the 2nd Innings

Second Test
- Captain is solely to blame (not applying enough pressure when we were 26/6
- Batsmen
- 180 is more than enough against Bangladeshi batters on a day 5 pitch, so blame goes to bowlers

Credit goes to Bangladesh plain and simple.

Yes they weren't perfect by any means. Plenty of drop catches. They also wasted time for no reason in the first Test, and shanto as a bat is still unreliable however

The professionalism, the planning and execution, and the ability to remain calm especially from das and mehidy was > pakistan.

Plz dont forget our "Data King Babar" who helped bangladesh alot in acheaving this feat.

Pakistan batted poorly throughout the series.

1st Test should've been a draw. Pakistan collapsed in 2nd innings and gave away the win.

Pakistan again collapsed in 2nd innings of 2nd Test. Only set a target of 185 which was not enough on that pitch. 250+ target would've been great.

Also, Bangladesh played well. Apart from dropped catches and 26/6, they were right on the money with both bat and ball.

For me it’s anyone/everyone involved with Pakistan cricket
- politicians for changing and chopping chairman’s according to their political convenience
- Chairman’s big talk but no concrete action
- Coaches for treating it as a part time job just for money.
- players groupism , lack of fitness , lack of improvement
- ex players peddling their personal agenda on tv shows. We have seen players Shehzad, akmal we have seen how they performed when they were playing.

1: Bangladesh, they were brilliant during the whole series
2: Your very own captain SHAN sahab who is good for nothing.
3: The Batting department was a failure especially Babar and barring Rizwan
4: cute pacers who cannot bowl long spells and get injured.

In last 1 year or so, Pakistan has lost to Afghanistan in an ODI, USA in a T20 and BD in tests.
Definitely a trend there

Back