Who should be the vice-captain for Pakistan's T20I team?

Who should be the vice-captain for Pakistan's T20I team?

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
As per media reports, Mohammad Rizwan seems to be the favourite for this position but likes of Shadab Khan and Shaheen Shah Afridi could also be in the picture.

So if Gary Kirsten is coach, how will he communicate his plans to two illiterates if Imad isn’t the captain?

I don't understand the role of vice captains in cricket
I think it's mostly if the captain gets injured, or if the captain gets banned for one match you have a replacement captain.

It's also more of a marketing plea, in that to ensure teams that the future is secure and that They have backup players to take the mantle once the captain either retires, is booted out or injured.

I think Shadab should be the one to be invested in. He should be the front runner.

So if Gary Kirsten is coach, how will he communicate his plans to two illiterates if Imad isn’t the captain?

That has never been issue.

Sad that you are insulting pak players like that.

I think Shadab should be the one to be invested in. He should be the front runner.

Yeah shadab could be a good choice but his form always remains a question. So I would rather prefer Rizwan to be the vice captain as he is a consistent performer and can lead the side effectively.

Think it’s Shadab. Like it or not, I think Shadab is most likely to become future captain in next 5 years or so. Shaheen is just unsuited mainly because it’s difficult for a fast bowler particularly with an injury record to be a captain as you have to be able to rest him any time.

The others are just too old and will take over captaincy directly from Babar if it happens, not as a natural successor with age.

Saim ayub or shadab

Most teams would use the VC position to groom the next captain

My first choice would be saim, I don't think shadab will have a long run for pakistan if his perfomance is going to keep dropping

There is no point in Rizwan being the VC because when push came to shove, he was overlooked for captaincy twice.

Imad Wasim due to his experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be shadab for now. I would have named rizwan but I think he should be rested for few games so might as well make Shadab the VC for this series. Let' see

As per reports, it has been decided that Mohammad Rizwan will be the vice-captain of Babar Azam in the white-ball format.

Back