Who will be in your final Pakistan 15-member squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Who will be in your final Pakistan 15-member squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The Pakistan cricket team has announced an 18-member squad for the recently concluded series against Ireland and the upcoming series against England. This squad will be reduced to 15 players for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, which is due next month. The final squad will be announced after the first T20I against England at Leeds on 22 May, in order to meet the ICC’s 24 May deadline.

l_36173_102309_updates.jpg

Players Haris Rauf, Usman Khan, Irfan Khan Niazi, Abrar Ahmed, and Salman Ali Agha did not play in the Ireland series, and Hasan Ali only played in one match. Haris Rauf, who is recovering from an injury, needs to prove his fitness to secure a spot in the World Cup squad.

Abrar Ahmed is expected to be part of the World Cup squad, while Agha Salman and Hasan Ali are likely to be named as reserve players. Either Irfan Khan Niazi or Usman Khan will join them as traveling reserves.

For the World Cup, Pakistan is in Group A, along with India, Ireland, Canada, and the USA. Pakistan is the only team among the 20 participants that has not yet announced its 15-member squad for the tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
I chose Haris over Abbas Afridi - risky but think Haris will be a handful against the lower-rung teams - will help us escape the Group Stage

I left out Hasan, Haris and irfan. I took abbas in because of his wicket-taking ability. Haris is not fit atm and his performance was also not that good before the injury that he should be in the team.

I just voted for iftikhar. Who plays around him? well thats something you guys can decide.

Squad is pretty much finalized, reported by numerous outlets today.

Hasan Ali, Salman Ali Agha and Irfan Khan Niazi to be the three reserves.

Both Amir and Hassan are washed and ideally, neither should be in the team. However, if you are going to choose between two washed players because you are still stuck in 2017, then you have to pick the one who has performed better recently.

Both played PSL 2024. Same conditions and bowled to same batting lineups. It was a level playing field for both.

Hassan took 14 wickets @ 22.

Amir took 10 wickets @ 28.

Hassan had the better economy too. He completely outperformed Amir.

No one told Amir to be outperformed than Hassan. He was bowling in the same conditions to the same batsmen and yet he was worse.

Therefore, to have Amir ahead of Hassan at this point in time would be a slap in the face of merit.

Then again, I am not upset because I want to see Amir humiliated and his humiliation is already underway.

Everyone can see that he has been garbage so far and has had zero impact on the bowling unit.

This will not change in the next month or so either and by the time the World Cup is over, PCB will wake up from its delusions and realize that bringing him back was a waste of time and he is washed.

You cannot relive the past. You have to move on with the times and Pakistan has already seen the best of Amir in international cricket. It is over now.

Amir was finished in 2020 and PCB are trying to flog a dead horse in 2024.

Both Amir and Hassan are washed and ideally, neither should be in the team. However, if you are going to choose between two washed players because you are still stuck in 2017, then you have to pick the one who has performed better recently.

Both played PSL 2024. Same conditions and bowled to same batting lineups. It was a level playing field for both.

No one told Amir to be outperformed than Hassan. He was bowling in the same conditions to the same batsmen and yet he was worse.

Therefore, to have Amir ahead of Hassan at this point in time would be a slap in the face of merit.

Then again, I am not upset because I want to see Amir humiliated and his humiliation is already underway.

Everyone can see that he has been garbage so far and has had zero impact on the bowling unit.

This will not change in the next month or so either and by the time the World Cup is over, PCB will wake up from its delusions and realize that bringing him back was a waste of time and he is washed.

You cannot relive the past. You have to move on with the times and Pakistan has already seen the best of Amir in international cricket. It is over now.

Send this recommendation as an email to Wahab Riaz to open his eyes

Mamoon bhai you missed the ireland series

Mamoon bhai you missed the ireland series
I would look at a bigger sample (PSL) than one short series where Hassan got 1 game only. No one stopped Amir from bowling better than Hassan in the PSL.

I would look at a bigger sample (PSL) than one short series where Hassan got 1 game only. No one stopped Amir from bowling better than Hassan in the PSL.
Amir bowled better than all of Pakistan’s selected seamers though. Only Naseem might actually bowled better. You have to understand cricket to see this, not produce stats that don’t show the complete picture.

With all due respect I've seen the 2 bowl.

Both are washed up but Amir still possess cutters, slower deliveries, variation and can amp it to 138-140 clicks when needed. He's lost his killer inswing unfortunately and he's no longer capable of outswing or any of the deadly yorker or short balls he use to do.

Hasan ali with 110kph throwing half trackers is not bothering anyone. He'll get murked.

If Amir goes for 50 of 4 overs, Hasan ali is going fir 100 of 4 against england. Stats don't always reflect reality otherwise usama mir is much much better then abrar who's both have only been given a small sample size of 2 games in t20? Whereas in psl we had a pool of 9 games?

Eye tests are important, I can tell whos superior in the same vein I can tell abrar was always superior to usama despite the delusion because usama needs a suitable pitch for that awkward bounce as he simply cannot spin, whereas abrar doesn't need handholding, abrar is a genuine spinner who has variation although he's a bit slower and his line and length is slightly worse then usama, but none of that matters of spin makes his difficult to play.

Both are washed up but Amir still possess cutters, slower deliveries, variation and can amp it to 138-140 clicks when needed. He's lost his killer inswing unfortunately and he's no longer capable of outswing or any of the deadly yorker or short balls he use to do.

Hasan ali with 110kph throwing half trackers is not bothering anyone. He'll get murked.

If Amir goes for 50 of 4 overs, Hasan ali is going fir 100 of 4 against england. Stats don't always reflect reality otherwise usama mir is much much better then abrar who's both have only been given a small sample size of 2 games in t20? Whereas in psl we had a pool of 9 games?

Eye tests are important, I can tell whos superior in the same vein I can tell abrar was always superior to usama despite the delusion because usama needs a suitable pitch for that awkward bounce as he simply cannot spin, whereas abrar doesn't need handholding, abrar is a genuine spinner who has variation although he's a bit slower and his line and length is slightly worse then usama, but none of that matters of spin makes his difficult to play.
Usama Mir gets the most amount of purchase out of every spinner in Pakistan. His issue is he loses his length whenever the batsmen go after him. If you put up Pakistan batsmen infront of Usama Mir, he will look like a million dollars because he thrives when the batsmen are looking to play him out and he can stick to one length. That awkward bounce is very helpful when you are getting good revs on the ball.

Usama should not play for Pakistan because his temperament is of a meek kitten and he cannot handle international cricket to be honest.

Abrar is not comparable to Usama, as he utilizes more variations and relies on creating different angles. He is the apple of everyone's eye right now because he hasn't played much LOI cricket at international level, and people are tired of Shadab and Usama Mir.

He's lost his killer inswing unfortunately and he's no longer capable of outswing or any of the deadly yorker or short balls he use to do.
I can’t remember who it was (might have been Allen Wilkins) but I remember a commentator once said that he watched Amir in his warm up drills and he was “hooping the ball around” at a much slower pace than what he usually bowls during games. He still has the skill and know about how to bowl it but it won’t be at that deadly 140kmh pace.

I can’t remember who it was (might have been Allen Wilkins) but I remember a commentator once said that he watched Amir in his warm up drills and he was “hooping the ball around” at a much slower pace than what he usually bowls during games. He still has the skill and know about how to bowl it but it won’t be at that deadly 140kmh pace.
Yeah he has skill, but he's no longer Amir if the old. Ik you like Amir but I'm just stating a fact bro.

Given that however hasan Ali being better then Amir is as much if a troll as stating shaheen is the 3rd greatest Pakistani pacer in all of its history 😂

Squad is pretty much finalized, reported by numerous outlets today.

Hasan Ali, Salman Ali Agha and Irfan Khan Niazi to be the three reserves.

Along expected lines. Agha and Hasan were never making the main squad. And Niazi doesn't have the performances in PSL whereas Usman does and he's a terrific player of spin also.

Just surprised that they are sticking with 5 pacers. Thought they would sneak Aamer Jamal in ahead of one of the pacers which would balance out this squad nicely.

Usama Mir gets the most amount of purchase out of every spinner in Pakistan. His issue is he loses his length whenever the batsmen go after him. If you put up Pakistan batsmen infront of Usama Mir, he will look like a million dollars because he thrives when the batsmen are looking to play him out and he can stick to one length. That awkward bounce is very helpful when you are getting good revs on the ball.

Usama should not play for Pakistan because his temperament is of a meek kitten and he cannot handle international cricket to be honest.

Abrar is not comparable to Usama, as he utilizes more variations and relies on creating different angles. He is the apple of everyone's eye right now because he hasn't played much LOI cricket at international level, and people are tired of Shadab and Usama Mir.
Yes they are. They are both spinners. They are both bowlers, just because one is a leg spinner and the other is kinda a mixture of legspin and offspin doesn't mean that you can't compare the 2.

Usama mir cannot spin the ball, he's always needed a bouncy pitch to function. His line and length isn't the issue as without that bounce batters nueturdliase him by steeping forward and attacking or just playing him on the backfoot by pulling him casually.

Abrar is a genuine spinner with variation. He might get tonked, infact abrar can go for 100 of 4 lol, it'll still not change my mind as to who's superior. One is a genuine spinner, the other isn't

Yeah he has skill, but he's no longer Amir if the old. Ik you like Amir but I'm just stating a fact bro.

Given that however hasan Ali being better then Amir is as much if a troll as stating shaheen is the 3rd greatest Pakistani pacer in all of its history 😂
Well, firstly he has to bowl the first over with a brand new cherry to see if he is that Amir.

Pakistan (Babar wholesome Twitter Captain Pakistan) want to open the bowling with Shaheen and Naseem. Amir usually gets the ball 4th over at the earliest. By then the ball has already lost its zing. Some grounds and conditions allow more swing. Amir a couple of years ago did run through PZ top order with his deadly inswing..but yes he hasn’t repeated that kind of performance for a long time.

Along expected lines. Agha and Hasan were never making the main squad. And Niazi doesn't have the performances in PSL whereas Usman does and he's a terrific player of spin also.

Just surprised that they are sticking with 5 pacers. Thought they would sneak Aamer Jamal in ahead of one of the pacers which would balance out this squad nicely.
We had some idiots on social media misguiding naive fans how the selectors were being dishonest with Pakistan cricket by not announcing the squad early.

How most players in the team would feel insecure.

Pakistan media is downright trash and most of these journalists should actually be put out of a job.

Well, firstly he has to bowl the first over with a brand new cherry to see if he is that Amir.

Pakistan (Babar wholesome Twitter Captain Pakistan) want to open the bowling with Shaheen and Naseem. Amir usually gets the ball 4th over at the earliest. By then the ball has already lost its zing. Some grounds and conditions allow more swing. Amir a couple of years ago did run through PZ top order with his deadly inswing..but yes he hasn’t repeated that kind of performance for a long time.
Oh yeah I forgot he never opened the bowling 💀.

Sorry I've been so mad at babar bowling abass afridi inside the PP and not giving inad 4 overs and not playing abrar I didn't notice he also flunked the pacers 😂😂. Allah mein nei kya kia hai to deserve Bobby as captain.

We had some idiots on social media misguiding naive fans how the selectors were being dishonest with Pakistan cricket by not announcing the squad early.

How most players in the team would feel insecure.

Pakistan media is downright trash and most of these journalists should actually be put out of a job.
Pakistan always being the last team to announce their squads is usually a given at this point.

Yes they are. They are both spinners. They are both bowlers, just because one is a leg spinner and the other is kinda a mixture of legspin and offspin doesn't mean that you can't compare the 2.

Usama mir cannot spin the ball, he's always needed a bouncy pitch to function. His line and length isn't the issue as without that bounce batters nueturdliase him by steeping forward and attacking or just playing him on the backfoot by pulling him casually.

Abrar is a genuine spinner with variation. He might get tonked, infact abrar can go for 100 of 4 lol, it'll still not change my mind as to who's superior. One is a genuine spinner, the other isn't
What 'bouncy' pitches did he get in the PSL, where he was the highest wicket-taker?

Usama is the best genuine spinner in Pakistan at the moment, but he is mentally extremely weak and will get bullied 9/10 times because he completely botches his length when batsmen go after him.

Oh yeah I forgot he never opened the bowling 💀.

Sorry I've been so mad at babar bowling abass afridi inside the PP and not giving inad 4 overs and not playing abrar I didn't notice he also flunked the pacers 😂😂. Allah mein nei kya kia hai to deserve Bobby as captain.
It’s ok though

Amir bowls much tougher overs than the pretty boy seamers Shaheen and Naseem do. Same with Imad, bowling the 11th-15th over last game and restricting Ireland (who have good batsmen) to a 180 score when they looked set for 200+ is a brilliant effort.

These boys will be in the firing line against England, with Shaheen burgling wickets having gone for 50 odd whilst Amir and Imad pick up one a piece but going for 9-10 runs per over

What 'bouncy' pitches did he get in the PSL, where he was the highest wicket-taker?

Usama is the best genuine spinner in Pakistan at the moment, but he is mentally extremely weak and will get bullied 9/10 times because he completely botches his length when batsmen go after him.
Sure buddy, whatever you say.

It’s ok though

Amir bowls much tougher overs than the pretty boy seamers Shaheen and Naseem do. Same with Imad, bowling the 11th-15th over last game and restricting Ireland (who have good batsmen) to a 180 score when they looked set for 200+ is a brilliant effort.

These boys will be in the firing line against England, with Shaheen burgling wickets having gone for 50 odd whilst Amir and Imad pick up one a piece but going for 9-10 runs per over
Tbf, I'm hopeful for shaheen, he seeks to be finding his rhythm back, he's still slower though, not the 2019 shaheen ik.

Tbf, I'm hopeful for shaheen, he seeks to be finding his rhythm back, he's still slower though, not the 2019 shaheen ik.
He’s a changed man now, lost his passion. Shocks and Traumas can make you start to see the world differently. He seems much more mature now tbf.

It’s ok though

Stop making excuses for your golden boy. He has got tonked by no-name batters in three consecutive games, while Shaheen has turned in a match-winning performance on the same ground.

'Amir bowls much tougher overs' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That's some good cricketing 'analysis' right there.
If I genuinely respond to you, and have a proper conversation like we've done 3x it'll end up in insults and sarcastic teasing lol. But fine

Usama mir's awkward bounce doesn't require bilo bounce pitches like Australia, pindi stadiums are batting friendly roads, so is gaddafi in lahore. You can generate bounce by slamming it in hard.

Usama mir would be beyond useless in the carribean and USA where slow putches won't generate it as the pitch is not as hard.

Abrar in red ball dismantles England, infact he was the only good bowler in that series. Claiming someone like usama mir is better then him and hiding behind the excuse if mentality is tye most hilarious comment I've seen. Simply put usama mir is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Usama is the best genuine spinner in Pakistan at the moment, but he is mentally extremely weak and will get bullied 9/10 times because he completely botches his length when batsmen go after him
Yes and now, international elite class batsmen are a different breed. They will take him down if he pitches slightly up, and some of his good balls on a length can be turned into half trackers by them if they move deep in their crease upon release. Guys like Travis Head, Jos Butler, Klaasen etc know how to do this to bowlers.

For a leggie you probably need to be of that medium/short height. You would think the extra bounce is helpful but it’s not necessarily the case.

Stop making excuses for your golden boy. He has got tonked by no-name batters in three consecutive games, while Shaheen has turned in a match-winning performance on the same ground.

'Amir bowls much tougher overs' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He does though.

What have I said wrong? He bowls the 4th and maybe 6th over of a powerplay

Then the 17th and 19th over at the death. That’s what he has been generally doing.

If I genuinely respond to you, and have a proper conversation like we've done 3x it'll end up in insults and sarcastic teasing lol. But fine

Usama mir's awkward bounce doesn't require bilo bounce pitches like Australia, pindi stadiums are batting friendly roads, so is gaddafi in lahore. You can generate bounce by slamming it in hard.

Usama mir would be beyond useless in the carribean and USA where slow putches won't generate it as the pitch is not as hard.

Abrar in red ball dismantles England, infact he was the only good bowler in that series. Claiming someone like usama mir is better then him and hiding behind the excuse if mentality is tye most hilarious comment I've seen. Simply put usama mir is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
I don't think I have ever insulted you, stop getting triggered if someone gives a different viewpoint. This is a discussion forum, the point is to have a discussion and not get personal or start ganging up on members if they support Misbah etc

Now, what's this about a spinner slamming the ball hard into the pitch? Can you explain how you can do this?

Where did I say Abrar is not better than Usama or vice versa? I said very clearly Usama is the best genuine spinner in Pakistan, countering your point where you apparently think Abrar spins the ball more than Usama (which anyone can see, he most certainly cannot).

There is more to success at international level than being able to spin the ball more than your peers.

He’s the kind of guy who gets into an argument only to realise he will make a monumental fool of himself.

He does though.

Then the 17th and 19th over at the death. That’s what he has been generally doing.
This has been deliberately done. With imad and Amir just saying, with imad 3 overs to bowl, imad only gets 4 if he has a bad day so captain can make excuses, about why someone like nawaz was needed all along.

Same with Amir, he's getting the most difficult positions to bowl in and still doing better then abass. Lol at captain making abass bowl in the first 6 overs.

He does though.

What defines tougher overs?

Every match and every situation is different.

The 4th over of one match would be irrelevant compared to even the 1st or 2nd overs, or any over between 7-15.

Amir has been average, accept it and move on. Why do you people continue to have one rule for a certain group of players, and a completely different rule for others?

I agree that stats don’t always paint the true picture, but the true picture of what I saw of Amir in the entire PSL was a tired bowler who made it clear to the whole world why he retired from international cricket.

Abrar is better than Usama, but if Usama can replace his PSL form in T20Is, there is not much between the them.

I thought Usama bowled really well in the PSL, but I would give preference to Abrar because Usama’s performances in international cricket in the last 6 months have been well below par.

Both are superior bowlers than Shadab though.

Neither Amir nor Hassan deserve to play for Pakistan, but only of them is selective about when he is available and when he is it. Hassan is always there for Pakistan and I respect that.

I don't think I have ever insulted you, stop getting triggered if someone gives a different viewpoint. This is a discussion forum, the point is to have a discussion and not get personal or start ganging up on members if they support Misbah etc

Now, what's this about a spinner slamming the ball hard into the pitch? Can you explain how you can do this?

Where did I say Abrar is not better than Usama or vice versa? I said very clearly Usama is the best genuine spinner in Pakistan, countering your point where you apparently think Abrar spins the ball more than Usama (which anyone can see, he most certainly cannot).

There is more to success at international level than being able to spin the ball more than your peers.

If you think abrar is better then case closed. No need for usama narrative this and usama narrative that. Don't really care about peddling narratives of usama is vreat but I think theirs some sort of mental fortitude nonsense.

I agree that stats don’t always paint the true picture, but the true picture of what I saw of Amir in the entire PSL was a tired bowler who made it clear to the whole world why he retired from international cricket.

Abrar is better than Usama, but if Usama can replace his PSL form in T20Is, there is not much between the them.

I thought Usama bowled really well in the PSL, but I would give preference to Abrar because Usama’s performances in international cricket in the last 6 months have been well below par.

Both are superior bowlers than Shadab though.

Neither Amir nor Hassan deserve to play for Pakistan, but only of them is selective about when he is available and when he is it. Hassan is always there for Pakistan and I respect that.
I agree both are washed up in that their not their 2017 selves I 100% agree. But claiming hasan who atm is a 110kph pacer is better then anyone is kinda wrong and I disagree. Hasan ali isn't better then anyone atm. Someone like faheem ashraf would bowl better.

It's not that hard to bowl better then a 110kph half trundler?

Is abrar better then usama yes or no? You said yes? Then case closed.

Is misbah the biggest loser captain of CT 2013? Yes or no? If yes then case closed.

Is babar and rizwan the most annoying people I have ever had the privilege to watch on the big screen? Yes or no? If yes then case closed

It’s ok though

New cope for Amir and Imad fans. "They have to bowl tougher overs which is why they're bowling terrible"

Yeah what stopped Amir from performing in the PSL? Amir is a washed up bowler.

I agree both are washed up in that their not their 2017 selves I 100% agree. But claiming hasan who atm is a 110kph pacer is better then anyone is kinda wrong and I disagree. Hasan ali isn't better then anyone atm. Someone like faheem ashraf would bowl better.

It's not that hard to bowl better then a 110kph half trundler?
Hassan will his trundling pies won’t do much but neither would Amir with their cutters. Both are gassed and neither of them should play.

I think it is important to look at the bigger picture as well. People can debate who is better right now until the cows come home, but it doesn’t really matter because neither of the two add anything to the Pakistan bowling attack at this point.

New cope for Amir and Imad fans. "They have to bowl tougher overs which is why they're bowling terrible"

Yeah what stopped Amir from performing in the PSL? Amir is a washed up bowler.
They do bowl tougher overs and they don’t cry about it because they have a professional attitude towards their captain and employers. They have specifically been begged to return to do the tough dirty work, which the pretty boy seamers and spinners were incapable of doing.

Amir and Imad are like John Travolta and Samuel Lee Jackson in Pulp Fiction for Pakistan cricket.

What has irfan khan niazi done? Only 3 votes 😲
He's a better option than iftikhar chacha

Yes true, Franchise cricket and international cricket are two different platforms. Usama Mir can only deliver in franchise cricket, while Abrar has proved to be a product of international cricket because he has honed his skills in the domestic circuit.

Irfan Khan Niazi, Hasan Ali & Agha Ali Salman will likely be the players discarded for the tournament.

Personally, would drop Haris Rauf for another pacer such as Arshad Iqbal. Aamer Jamal's injury needs to be assessed otherwise he would be a better option for the tournament.

I also would want Agha Ali Salman in the team however, I don't know who's place he could take other than Iftikhar, but he's the best at No.6 that Pakistan has.

Irfan Khan Niazi, Hasan Ali & Agha Ali Salman will likely be the players discarded for the tournament.

Personally, would drop Haris Rauf for another pacer such as Arshad Iqbal. Aamer Jamal's injury needs to be assessed otherwise he would be a better option for the tournament.

I also would want Agha Ali Salman in the team however, I don't know who's place he could take other than Iftikhar, but he's the best at No.6 that Pakistan has.
Arshad Iqbal is in the same mold as Naseem Rauf adds something different.

Amir and Imad bowl the harder overs and everyone else has a free ride.

Arshad Iqbal is in the same mold as Naseem Rauf adds something different.
Disagree.

Arshad Iqbal favours consistent line & length. He also has a good variations. Because he isn't rapid in his pace, he doesn't get the selection he maybe deserves.

He rarely goes for a lot runs in his allocated overs, his bowling action may not be for everyone. However he is good. Specially with complementing he could do for Shaheen, Naseem & Amir.

Salman can only come in place of Usman. But that would be unfair for Usman.

Salman can only come in place of Usman. But that would be unfair for Usman.
Agreed.

He didn't get a chance against the Irish which meant he couldn't acclimatise with the conditions. Which then would mean, he will be unprepared against the English conditions.

Side note: I'm speaking on Usman not Agha.

. Saim, Rizwan, Fakhar
. Babar, Usman, Azam, Iftikhar
. Shadab, Imad, Agha, Abrar
. Shaheen, Amir, Naseem, Abbas

I guess Saim Ayub and Abbas Afridi will not secure their place in the World Cup squad.

I guess Saim Ayub and Abbas Afridi will not secure their place in the World Cup squad.
Heard that Babar wants Saim, Azam and Shadab out. He wants to open with Fakhar and Rizwan. England series is the last chance for some of them. I hope Fakhar continues to play at number 4. He is going to fail as an opener. Maybe they can try UK in England series.

Heard that Babar wants Saim, Azam and Shadab out. He wants to open with Fakhar and Rizwan. England series is the last chance for some of them. I hope Fakhar continues to play at number 4. He is going to fail as an opener. Maybe they can try UK in England series.
dont think he will drop his rotti gang member Shadab Khan but yeah Saim is at serious risk now, he has to perform against england otherwise he is a gonner.

I believe Shadab Khan can be used as a lower order hitter and a part timer spinner.
could ba very risky pick, the way he is bowling half trackers these days he will leak even more runs in 2 overs which he will score while batting, so it's better to go with either a specialist batter or a bowler instead of wasting time on him.

could ba very risky pick, the way he is bowling half trackers these days he will leak even more runs in 2 overs which he will score while batting, so it's better to go with either a specialist batter or a bowler instead of wasting time on him.
No doubt his bowling is poor, maybe don’t bowl him if not needed but his batting can be very useful. He is one player who can clear the fence and can give you a 10 ball 24 if needed.

No doubt his bowling is poor, maybe don’t bowl him if not needed but his batting can be very useful. He is one player who can clear the fence and can give you a 10 ball 24 if needed.
lets see how he performs in England as this could be his only chance now to prove his worth for the mega event

Neither of them should be in the WC squad. Shaheen, Abbas, Naseem should be our starters.

Neither of them should be in the WC squad. Shaheen, Abbas, Naseem should be our starters.
Naseem's form is terrible and abbass habitually goes for 10 runs an over to no end.

Mohammad Ali and mir Hamza would be good picks.

Naseem's form is terrible and abbass habitually goes for 10 runs an over to no end.

Mohammad Ali and mir Hamza would be good picks.
Mir Hamza in T20is? No way.
I agree Mohd Ali should have been given a chance instead of Mohd Amir.

Naseem's form is a concern too but Abbas deserves to be selected on his performances easily

Bit of a problem for Pakistan

The 1st T20I was supposed to be their chance to probably test out Haris Rauf's fitness but guess they will have to take a wild guess now!

Moye Moye moment for Hasan Ali or strategic decision?

----------------

Update on Hasan Ali

Leeds, 22 May 2024:

Fast bowler Hasan Ali has been released from the T20I squad.

The team management has decided to let Hasan Ali continue his commitments in county cricket.

Initially, Hasan was selected as an injury cover for Haris Rauf.

PCB

Moye Moye moment for Hasan Ali or strategic decision?

----------------

Update on Hasan Ali

Leeds, 22 May 2024:

Fast bowler Hasan Ali has been released from the T20I squad.

The team management has decided to let Hasan Ali continue his commitments in county cricket.

Initially, Hasan was selected as an injury cover for Haris Rauf.

PCB
Looks like Muhammad Ali will be the traveling reserve seamer

3 traveling reserves I recon should be:

Mehran Mumtaz
Muhammad Harris (although he should be in the 15)
Muhammad Ali

The most stupid thing Pakistan could do is put Salman Agha into the traveling reserves. The guy at most would have played 2 T20i before the first game in the World Cup.

The most stupid thing Pakistan could do is put Salman Agha into the traveling reserves. The guy at most would have played 2 T20i before the first game in the World Cup.
I guess he is going to be there. Might as well be there in 15.

Back