Windies v SA 4th ODI @ Trinadad score thread [14/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob H

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Pollock will lead the Proteas today after Smith's suspension for 4 games which means De Villiers will Probably get a go :D. Apart from that there are no changes to the squads for todays game.

Thread started nice and early, RH :)
You beat AJ to it, well done ;-) :D

waheed said:
LOL that was my main aim Waheed. Getting up early does have it's advantages you know. :))

Kallis also not playing the remaining games of the series so those who have him in their sides will also suffer!

LOL that was my main aim Waheed. Getting up early does have it's advantages you know

lol ha ha

waheed said:

i was busy having parantay for breakfast :)

Inshallah Windies will woop ass today. Im hoping for Lara, Gayle and Sarwan and Smith to fire today.

Gayle gone already. Windies just cant seem to bat first! Mind you these conditions are good for bowling but already im seeing a Windies collapse!

West Indies 5/1 (2.0)

another poor start for west indies

And now Marshall gone. 16-2 after 3.3 overs!

Lara and Sarwan the two best batsmen in the Caribbean again have it all to do!

3.3 Ntini to Marshall, OUT: short in length ball, outside off stump,
tries to force it off the back-foot, gives a simple catch in the
hands of Prince at Point, Ntini strikes again!

West Indies 16/2

West Indies 22/2 (4.4 ov)

big trouble as per usual

Big trouble when batting first. They just have that psychology of bat first, we've already lost so no point bothering to even put up a fight. I just hope im wrong.

Both these batsmen are capable, but will they do it. They're up against it, thats for sure

inzi take note! won toss and make w.i bat 1st!

Amjid Javed said:
inzi take note! won toss and make w.i bat 1st!

Thats exactly what Inzi should do. They know Windies will bat second nearly every time and are confident of chasing down any total presented to them.

Indeed. Bowl first and get Rana and co to put pressure on them by taking wickets

BTW, on cricinfo, they still list Pollock as RFM. For the love of God, remove the word fast from anywhere near his description.

Sarwan hits the first four of the game in the 10 over

damn why is kallis playing i thought he was injured.. probably playing so he can improve his average against a not so good team

Bradshaw is playing. Just wondering how many runs Kallis will steal today after stealing 87 in Barbados!

but hes in the team list in the bulletin. Im confused.

He is in team. Its Powell out with Edwards coming in. Thats the only change Windies made.

Very strange indeed

If West Indies best bowler with the newball is Ian Bradshaw, it tells you how deep they're burried in sh*t. Malcolm Marshall must be rolling over in his grave, the poor guy.

Daoud said:
Very strange indeed

If West Indies best bowler with the newball is Ian Bradshaw, it tells you how deep they're burried in sh*t. Malcolm Marshall must be rolling over in his grave, the poor guy.

What you trying to say? Bradshaw has been leading the attack very very well over the past year and has been their best bowler. Bradshaw is a very very good bowler. May not have pace but can swing the ball and has good control over his line and length. In fact Bradshaw has bowled better than a lot of international bowlers over the past year. Just hope he doesnt get robbed today by the umpires.

Hes not a very good bowler. I wasnt saying he was bad, but he certainly isnt anything special. My comment wasnt a reflection on him, more his team.

He did well in England because the overhead conditions assist him and credit to him for utilising it well. But he was quite ordinary in Australia where the conditions werent as conduisive for him. And if he was the 3rd bowler, there wouldnt be a problem. But hes the leader of their attack. I personally wouldnt feel to comfortable if he was the leader of my team's bowling attack. But that is more of a reflection on the bowlers who come after him, rather than himself

Daoud said:
Hes not a very good bowler. I wasnt saying he was bad, but he certainly isnt anything special. My comment wasnt a reflection on him, more his team.

He did well in England because the overhead conditions assist him and credit to him for utilising it well. But he was quite ordinary in Australia where the conditions werent as conduisive for him. And if he was the 3rd bowler, there wouldnt be a problem. But hes the leader of their attack. I personally wouldnt feel to comfortable if he was the leader of my team's bowling attack. But that is more of a reflection on the bowlers who come after him, rather than himself

I can see your point. I still reckon that West Indies have got talented bowlers in Fidel Edwards, Jermaine Lawson in particular. Until their potential is realised Bradshaw will continue to lead the bowling attack in the ODIs.

And Lara gone now. Playing a needless, unLara like shot. More like an Afridi shot. Caught easily by Prince who takes his 3rd catch.

Sounded like a ridiculous shot with one hand coming off the bat. But the problem is, when he gets away with this type of shot, which is quite often, they look really good and he gets complimented, but when they dont come off, people have a go at him for not being responsible and being careless. If you live by the sword, you die by it, and Lara certainly lives this way

this is worse than school kids stuff from west indies.

Sarwan and Shiv the key here. With only Bravo and Smith to come and then you get the tail enders. They need a 150+ partnership.

Raz said:
Sarwan and Shiv the key here. With only Bravo and Smith to come and then you get the tail enders. They need a 150+ partnership.
Yup that partnership is the key like in the 1st ODI

ah dont worry people even if WI make 150 we will still win.. our bowling lineup is amazing..FH Edwards is there with Collymore.. I mean Edwards hasn't played in a while but im sure he will get a hatrick or he'll do amazing :) we also have sarwan and Galye to bowl.. they are the key bowlers who have the ability to rip through all attacks before you blink your eyes.. we are in for a good match

pants and trousers said:
ah dont worry people even if WI make 150 we will still win.. our bowling lineup is amazing..FH Edwards is there with Collymore.. I mean Edwards hasn't played in a while but im sure he will get a hatrick or he'll do amazing :) we also have sarwan and Galye to bowl.. they are the key bowlers who have the ability to rip through all attacks before you blink your eyes.. we are in for a good match

That isnt funny! X)

prince finally scores some for me ....catches:)

nitini and nel chipping in , but y did they had to get gayle out so early
and y is sarwan scoring so much
and y is lara not scoring
and y is bradshawe not playing
dammit man

very , very good , he didnt score his 50 , that means he doesnt get bonus points , :)
daddy happy

bravo gone... ntini strikes

w.i 160/5 (37.4)

very poor shot

yeah he played 2 very good shots in previous overs. there was no real need for last shot.

smith needs 2 stick around here.....

i back west indies to score another 60 runs from here.

i think that west indies will get 230 here "IF" smith and chandepaul bat all way thru...

otherwise i can see 205 all out

went for big booming cover drive and was caught behind!

smith lashes ntini into crowd for 6

top shot

then he smashes a 4

smith gone, same stupid shot as last game!

clean bowled... guy doesnt learn!

waquas_uk said:
w indies seem to be geting worse by the day

when talented players like smith get out to same stupid shots all time then ur up against it!

Hes got a bad leg side bias problem. He just wants to hit every single ball to the leg side. If he could improve his off side game he would be a world class player no doubt.

Raz said:
Hes got a bad leg side bias problem. He just wants to hit every single ball to the leg side. If he could improve his off side game he would be a world class player no doubt.

true, but international bowlers on whole arent stupid and smiths been worked out with ease!

Amjid Javed said:
Raz said:

true, but international bowlers on whole arent stupid and smiths been worked out with ease!

Its pretty obvious where he likes to hit and yes hes been worked out. If he doesnt solve his problem hes got no chance of making further progress in the game.

raz, he looked off balance all time even in defence, u cud tell he was itching 2 swipe the ball over leg side. he needs alot of coaching right now.

----------

w.i 204/6 (46)

princes drops a catch

w.i 231/8 (50)

chanderpaul 85*

target 232 of 50 overs

SA should do it. But if Fidel Edwards can get on a role who knows?

you must be joking right?

232 in 50 overs in ODi cricket especially for a team like safrica is nothing...

de villiers would be looking to impress.

A few early wickets and who knows. RRR is just above 4.5 and if Edwards/Bradshaw do get a few we could have a match on our hands.

what are the chances of WI winning everyone? out of 10?

Theres every chance that they can still win. As a WI fan im not gonna give up. Even in the last game when Collymore came in i still thought they could win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back