South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | South Africa innings Thread

Even on a minefield you cant justify this batting, taking 8 wickets home without any aggression at all in the first innings while posting target.

But why even let opposition a sniff? Pak is totally capable of chasing 280 odd score. Any team would hv scored 325-340 from the position they were in.

This series is just a warm up for them to get their out of form and new players into gear. They know they can beat this rubbish team to a pulp with 75% effort.

Imam is agile in the field, but not a good fielder . . The amoutn of times I have seen him let go of ball after stopping it (often acrobatically) and giving a single or a couple

Impressive over by Faheem. Has to be said despite all the incessant griping, Pakistan couldn’t have bowled any better than this : junaid khan it not

How is it tough? lol Full tosses, half vollies you must take full toll of them. He missed out on so many rubbish balls.

ball isn't coming onto the bat as much as we would like.

you'll know what i'm talking about once pakistan bats... afrikaans have made it look easy

Easily 25 to 30 runs short.

You just don't end up not out batting all 50 over with a sub 90 SR

ball isn't coming onto the bat as much as we would like.

you'll know what i'm talking about once pakistan bats... afrikaans have made it look easy

What? "Full toss not coming on to bat" first time i am hearing something like this :faf

Hafeez letting that boundary go as if he is gonna make up for it later hehe

SA Get PAR score on this track, will be a tough run chase.

Looked like SA was afraid of Pak's LOI bowling ripping through them, there is no other justification of taking 8 wickets back to the dressing room

take it by a match by match basis, stop dealing with what ifs and shoulda woulda couldas... deal with absolutes.

Match by match 266 after being only 2 wickets down is pathetic by any standards

Need to not lose early wickets. Malik and Sarfraz have the ability to rotate strike through the middle overs. We can win this game.

Amla has humiliated us today. This is nothing but net practice for him; his lack of urgency shows how little he thinks of our batting.

tahir is going to make a mockery of our already joke of a batting line up

The odd thing about this South African innings was their wickets in hand and unable to make use of it

The top teams don’t respect us anymore and don’t take us seriously. South Africa would not have treated this innings like net practice if they were up against India or England.

This is pakistan's chance to win this match 267 is definitely gettable.. make sure that u don't loose too many wickets in first 10 overs.

Well van dassen also was not middling. Towards the end he was able to strike big lol Amla was just not even lifting his bat to play aggressive shots.

i already said amla never had the ability to hit, he's the type of player other batsmen bat around.

go watch ipl, stick to rahanes and the ms gonys of the world.

amla just played a match winning innings, if it wasn't for him they might have been 210 all out

tahir is going to make a mockery of our already joke of a batting line up

Without using the words like "I think" or "it seems like", you are writing is as a given statement.

What if he doesnt? Will you come and admit that you were wrong?

it may have been 210 all out if they went all guns blazing.

266 is a winning score.

pakistan will struggle

Pakistan getting all out for 200 should not be the reason you plod and poke around for 50 overs. You make the most of your stay. You have to pace the innings. Even on worst pitches (this pitch is anything but worst pitch) after facing so many balls you should be able to time better. There was absolutely no indication that pitch was holding up. It was just pathetic selfish batting. Pakistan losing here won't make this a great innings. Just like Australia losing shouldn't really make Dhoni's innings a great one.

The top teams don’t respect us anymore and don’t take us seriously. South Africa would not have treated this innings like net practice if they were up against India or England.

This thinking can come back to haunt them if Pak somehow sails through.

Without using the words like "I think" or "it seems like", you are writing is as a given statement.

What if he doesnt? Will you come and admit that you were wrong?

yes i will, do you mind bookmarking that post?

Tendulkar vs BD

Tendulkar was picking and choosing series then and had no business of playing insignifact Asia cup. BCCI game him that last series to score that elusive 100 and retire. That game was all about Sachin getting a century than the match result.

Strange strange innings. Watched the last10 overs. Showed no intent at all. Even running between the wicket was lethargic! Dhoni would be proud of this effort.
Or they thought they had enough to defend by 40th over..

Pakistani bowlers did well to adjust and restrict the opposition to a par score today

Today was one of the rare occasions where i saw the Pakistani bowlers and bowling captain quickly understand that the pitch was flat with nothing in it for the bowlers and quickly change tactics to restrict the opposition as much as possible and not conceede excessive boundaries and sixes. Lol, obviously helped that Amla batted through to the end.

But very often in the past i have seen Pakistani bowlers aggressively searching striving for wickets in complete defiance of the conditions and go for excessive boundaries and sixes, but this time they were smart enough to put their egos aside and instead of searching blindly for wickets, they focused on squeezing and containing the opposition.

This is what the Indian bowling attack does, the moment they realize that the wicket has nothing in it for the bowlers, they quickly adjust into defending and minimizing the boundary balls, six balls and keep the runs as low as possible but it obviously helps them knowing that they have a powerful batting line up that can chase any score of around 300 easily which further alleviates the pressure off them.

Yes we did but SA lacked intent. Amla's hundred can turn out to be a match losing one.

They lacked intent because we bowled well. If their other batsmen were exposed to shadab and Hassan, they would have easily lost more wickets.

Tendulkar was picking and choosing series then and had no business of playing insignifact Asia cup. BCCI game him that last series to score that elusive 100 and retire. That game was all about Sachin getting a century than the match result.

When you are playing for your country this should never be a case of personal milestones.

Pakistan getting all out for 200 should not be the reason you plod and poke around for 50 overs. You make the most of your stay. You have to pace the innings. Even on worst pitches (this pitch is anything but worst pitch) after facing so many balls you should be able to time better. There was absolutely no indication that pitch was holding up. It was just pathetic selfish batting. Pakistan losing here won't make this a great innings. Just like Australia losing shouldn't really make Dhoni's innings a great one.

you can't pace your innings if the pitch is a tricky one to bat on.... if he wasn't able to hit the gaps then that should tell you something.

if that isn't indication enough then what is? your ipl rockstar miller was struggling to time the ball.

if it wasn't for this innings south africa may have been 200 or less all out.

and dhoni won you the match, pretty sure jadav and vijay shankar would not have been able to do it on their own without dhonis experience and expertise on the other side

This is the same score New Zealand scored against us in the 1st ODI in UAE and we somehow managed to lose that match.

Back