South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | South Africa innings Thread

Rameez thinks Hafeez is on cuz the left hander is on teh crease . . LOL!

There is no hinderence in Amla's spot in the team right now after he scored in test series. Plus with world cup in sight he would never be dropped before it.

Its not just about the spot.

yeah, you say that from your perspective... trying looking at it from their perspective.

I pray Amla doesn't get a hundred and stays not out. That's how slow he has played.

Are you sure? Recently there have been many innings where he had played below 50 strike rate with no intent to score but just to.be not out. We lost those matches

Age-factor. He cannot be blamed ,its kohli who has been adamant tp play him in WC

lol, that was all hafeez's fault... he was trying to blame the fielder

Good bowling effort here, but under lights i worry for our feeble batting later

Amla is a ok ODI player, but lacks gear to get into top class ODI player. If you can't show intent in the last few overs with so many wickets then that tells a lot about skill set.

100 for Amla. Not a great innings. On flat pitches, this approach will be thoroughly exposed.

Reminds me of the game where we won against South Africa with ajmal and Junaid shutting them down. Amla was at the crease then as well.

If you just look at the scorecard you won't know what kind of an innings this is hah only those who watched it live will know.

all of you criticizing amla, wait and see what happens when pakistan bats

Match-winning knock. Played the opposition to perfection. When you have the opportunity to bash minnows, don’t let it go.

The worst hundred I have ever witnessed by a batsman!

the worst hundred was by ahmed shehzad in 2011 versus west indies.. 102 at a strike rate of 60.

followed by imran farhats 100 in tests versus nz in nz, flukiest innings you'll ever see

you'll admira amla's innings once pakistan bats

This isn't a match winning knock. But will turn out to be because of the inability of Pakistan to chase anything over 250

Reminds me of the game where we won against South Africa with ajmal and Junaid shutting them down. Amla was at the crease then as well.

Yes Amla only managed to score 3 runs against Ajmal in 49th over and thus lost the game for SA.

This isn't a match winning knock. But will turn out to be because of the inability of Pakistan to chase anything over 250

which means it'll be a match winning knock, stop trying to downplay his innings just because he wasn't able to get it in 37 balls

Match-winning knock. Played the opposition to perfection. When you have the opportunity to bash minnows, don’t let it go.

But why even let opposition a sniff? Pak is totally capable of chasing 280 odd score. Any team would hv scored 325-340 from the position they were in.

India/ England would swallow this target in 45 overs but as you said, it will be match winnnig due to our batting inabilities

Not his entire career haha. He is always like this. You sound like this is the first time he is doing this.

like i said, he isn't the main batsman, he is a supporting batsman.... others are supposed to bat around him.

but the conditions are quite tough out there hence the other player wasn't able to get more

which means it'll be a match winning knock, stop trying to downplay his innings just because he wasn't able to get it in 37 balls

Partly. His innings won't matter against England, India or even Australia

Have said it before, Faheem is a good death overs bowler and should be used more in final 10 overs.

like i said, he isn't the main batsman, he is a supporting batsman.... others are supposed to bat around him.

but the conditions are quite tough out there hence the other player wasn't able to get more

How is it tough? lol Full tosses, half vollies you must take full toll of them. He missed out on so many rubbish balls.

Amla has humiliated us today. This is nothing but net practice for him; his lack of urgency shows how little he thinks of our batting.

Back