South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | South Africa innings Thread

Just shows how crazy Indians batting is.

If you bat first against them you have to score 320 at least to challenge.

It's crazy how many totals they chase down with ease

This isn't even SA at full strength and we are hardly putting them under pressure.

Inzi needs to be kicked out for selecting this hack ahead of Junaid.

Finally.

South Africa should have scored 350 with the start they got. Pakistan's bowling has been nonsense, so I don't buy the thought-process that we have kept it tight.

bowlers don't bowl well - complain
bowlers bowl well - complain

opposition scores 300+ - complain
opposition is kept to a run rate of just below 5 - complain

you're finding anything and everything to complain about now aren't you?

42 balls remaining with 9 wickets in hand, they can now swing hard and get at least 70-80 + runs to reach a total of 300

Hasan and Shadab have bowled well. But 2 decent batterswhich we will face at the WC would beat this bowling attack black and blue.

I suppose we should reserve judgment, but honesty a mediocre bowler so far

so far yes, but you need to give them time

don't you remember how awful asif looked in his first few games? not saying he'll turn out to be like asif but the point is to give a chance

South African commentators grappling with what Pakistan has been doing for the last 15 years: going to sleep in the middle overs while batting

bowlers don't bowl well - complain
bowlers bowl well - complain

opposition scores 300+ - complain
opposition is kept to a run rate of just below 5 - complain

you're finding anything and everything to complain about now aren't you?
I'm only complaining about the yawnfest South Africa are subjecting us to as viewers.

No compliants from Pakistan, who have had a bad day in the field.

I understand vd dussen struggling against Shadab. But Amla? seriously uninventive batsmanship by Amla against shadab

Have said this for a while that Farhan should have been inducted into the ODI side first. He averages over 50 with a SR of 89 that too without any not outs.

What do they do put him into T20 where he hasn't even come well domestically.

Players selections for the wrong formats have always ruined players in the long run and this has been the case with Pakistan for decades.

Faf should have remained at 3 if Markham wasn't going to play. He's a better hitter than Dussesn.

SA commentators clearly haven't been watching pak batting in one day cricket for the last 2-3 years

If we keep SA under 280 here we will have pulled it back a little. 260 will be enough for SA here to defend i think.

If i was a debutante i would want my first match to be against Pakistan :)))

Though he doesn't have the wickets to show for it, this is close to the best I have seen shadab bowl . . vry consistent!

The bowling is to be appreciated. 1 wicket only but run rate was kept in control

Shadab bowler really well and had good rythem. As I have said his future lies in sharp leg spin and less googlies.

Have said this for a while that Farhan should have been inducted into the ODI side first. He averages over 50 with a SR of 89 that too without any not outs.

What do they do put him into T20 where he hasn't even come well domestically.

Players selections for the wrong formats have always ruined players in the long run and this has been the case with Pakistan for decades.

that's why players need to take any chance they get because in pakistan you don't get that many unless you know someone (imam)

Hasan and Shadab have bowled well. But 2 decent batterswhich we will face at the WC would beat this bowling attack black and blue.

Shaheen, Hassan, Amir, Shadab and Faheem/Imad will be our bowling attack in WC which is not bad. Bowling isn't our problem, batting is.

Van Der Dussen is atleast trying to hit the pacers
Amla isn't making any effort whatsoever

Dussen was hyped by SA management due to his striking ability. Don't see it so far.

Rohit sharma will go absolutely ballistic at this stage of the innings haha Watching Amla bat is such a painful ordeal. Actually the debutant atleast is trying to hit whenever he could.

Amla plays the same way in the first 10 overs and the last 10 overs.

Last edited:
That last ball by Shadab was excellent. Right pace and trajectory. Needs to consistently bowl like that in ODI's.

that's why players need to take any chance they get because in pakistan you don't get that many unless you know someone (imam)

What chance did he get? He's not played any ODI was put in the T20 side and flopped and that was expected as he doesn't cut it even in domestics with a SR of over 100.

Let Babar bat like Amla today and we will have 15 threads on PP calling Babar selfish.

Back