South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | South Africa innings Thread

Pakistan better not take any wickets now,,, Atleast don't catch or run out,,, :troll

Faheem being given the ball for some entertainment atleast.

This is rubbish by both South Africa and Pakistan. Neither side wants to take the initiative here. South Africa should go for an all-out assault here, with three big hitters to come.

South Africa should have had faf and Miller at over 35, if these two carry on like this for another 3-4 overs they’ve put South Africa in a bad position with no time for the fire power to get their eye in

of course he's not, do you know anything regarding testing bench strength?

I would rather play the better players. I am aware of bench strength . But why drop 2 new ball bowlers for a bowler who bowls better with the old ball?

This is one reason why Amla despite his statistics is not considered an ODI impact player. He has only 1 gear.

This is a measured performance by South Africa. They still have the game in control - they know exactly what they need to do against this bog average team.

This strategy may not necessarily work in the World Cup or against good teams, but they are a young team and it is important to register some wins at this stage, even if it is against a minnow team like Pakistan.

These two have cost atleast 20 runs for SA.
Considering the opposition they are playing against they have done fairly well on a sluggish pitch.
Any other team and they would have instinctively tried to accelerate a little more for sure

When was the last time pak beat a top top team chasing 250 plus and with ease?

Teams such as India, New Zealand, Auz, England and SA

then that should tell you something about the conditions, wait till pakistan bats and you'll see how difficult it really is out there

Full toss should be hit for 4 or 6 regardless of the condition. By the look of it this new guy is not a natural stroke player. He looks very awkward when he tries to hit hard. Amla is Amla. He can't play power shots.

This is a measured performance by South Africa. They still have the game in control - they know exactly what they need to do against this bog average team.

This strategy may not necessarily work in the World Cup or against good teams, but they are a young team and it is important to register some wins at this stage, even if it is against a minnow team like Pakistan.

exactly, i think it's a bit tough out there to time the ball but not difficult enough to have wickets tumble.

but south african bowlers will take full advantage and pakistanis will implode like usual

i predict 39/3 in the first 10

Pair is going to cost runs here. Hit or get out...

Sarfraz is really annoying me. Needs to stop being a piece of bull to Shadab. Aukaat bhool gaya hai

Full toss should be hit for 4 or 6 regardless of the condition. By the look of it this new guy is not a natural stroke player. He looks very awkward when he tries to hit hard. Amla is Amla. He can't play power shots.

you would think so but sometimes it happens

I’m surprised i passed out after like the 12th over and I am surprised to see that SA are only 200 in like 42 overs! Game on know if we keep them under 285.

Pakistan will lose this but poor batting by South Africa. They simply don't have the team to win the WC

De Kock will come back for SA and Hendrick will surely keep his ace so SA top 3 looks good.

Interested to see how SA do well in the WC. Even with AB retirement they still look well prepared as they always do. Faf is a very strong character. SA could be a surprise package.

Pakistan bowlers trying to get the game moving by bowling rubbish :))

This has been a masterclass in poor cricket.

So incredibly embarrasing.
That 202/ 1 on the scorecard.
They will easily cross 250 and i am afraid that will be the end of our hopes.

Still trying to figure out what shinwari is supposed to offer

Pakistan will lose this but poor batting by South Africa. They simply don't have the team to win the WC

how can you say that? when the world cup comes teams will definitely up the ante.

A limited pair of batters playing our bowling with ease. Imagine what Roy,Bairstow,Dhwaan ,Rohit,Warner,etc could do to us on flat pitches at the WC.

So incredibly embarrasing.
That 202/ 1 on the scorecard.
They will easily cross 250 and i am afraid that will be the end of our hopes.

Against top opposition pak 9 times out of 10 will struggle to chase anything above 250

They will get 275 from here which will be 40 runs to much

Ramiz is clueless. 280 is a good score on this pitch. It's going to get harder to bat on .

Length bowling coming of wide bowling in to the batsmen. A stunning lack of guile.

Finally.

South Africa should have scored 350 with the start they got. Pakistan's bowling has been nonsense, so I don't buy the thought-process that we have kept it tight.

This match is perfectly set up for Babar to play a Kohli-esque match winning inning

Back