South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | South Africa innings Thread

When will Shadab bowl? close to overs 50? If Sarfaraz fears that he will get hammered now, then why hasn't he bowled 8 9 overs by now?

Or . . is your most threatening bowler of the day (most likely to take a wicket) not going to bowl 10 overs?

defies logic really

Surprisingly he was really effective like an year ago with the new ball as he was always getting wickets in his first spell as well

May be, it was more to do with whom he was playing against rather than what he was doing with new ball. For a reference - Fahim Ashraf averaged 22 in ODI before this game and that actually should make him walk into every team as 2nd pacer.

Miller will probably come in next. Should have been more attacking in the middle overs.

Faheem is a joke. Only Pakistani fans are capable of hyping someone so deeply mediocre.

Any team can smashing our bowlers but surprisingly our bowlers can't take even 2-3 wickets.

Junaid could have been useful here. Faheem should never be played as 3rd seamer outside Asia.

Shadab has bowled well. When that slip catch was missed he as taken off the next over. That was a mistake imo.

Faheem is a joke. Only Pakistani fans are capable of hyping someone so deeply mediocre.

His batting is just as good as Amir's who is a far superior bowler
Cant understand why this guy has been picked ahead of Amir

Concentrate on whats good for Pakistan and appreciate how well they are doing

This

Taking wickets against SL and Zim and he is hyped unnecessarily

Averages 48 vs New Zealand and now this. He is a poor bowler

I change my mind.. DOnot take any wicket... I repeat donot take another wicket.. Let these two bat.. They might not even get to 250 at this rate :wahab2

To be fair, Pakistan has done really well to have kept SA below 5 RPO here despite taken only 1 wicket. However SA knows they only need to score 235 and the game is over.

This

Taking wickets against SL and Zim and he is hyped unnecessarily

Averages 48 vs New Zealand and now this. He is a poor bowler

lol if he didn't contribute with his wickets, your team probably would have lost.

you have to remember you struggled against afghanistan and lost convincingly to bangladesh at your HOME

Hasan has been brilliant today - I have seen every ball, and he had a perfect game so far in base ball term.

Very poor game of cricket so far. The batting, the bowling and fielding have all been mediocre to say the least.

So SA is trying to have wickets in hand and will go slogging mode in the last 10 overs, which might be a problem forus considering our bowlers are mentally not that strong.

Pakistan will chase this total. I believe this is a batting paradise. If we get a good start we can win.

lol if he didn't contribute with his wickets, your team probably would have lost.

you have to remember you struggled against afghanistan and lost convincingly to bangladesh at your HOME

Shaheen is a better bowler. FACT

they should get to 240... that'll be enough for pakistan to implode, even 230

Seriously selfish stuff from Amla. He just need to take the initiative against spin as the other guy is really struggling.

It would be better for SA if 1 of these 2 got out. Klassen or Miller could take the game away from Pakistan.

That was a juicy half volley. he is tapping that down to long off for a single haha Most useless 50?

Such a boring match.
No quick runs and no wickets.
The test matches were better.

Back