Would this combined Pakistan team be the best in the world?

Bilal7

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
While following the recent test series, I couldn't help but wish that we still had the likes of Yasir Shah and Saeed Ajmal to call upon and support the current pace bowling attack. It seems Pakistan just can't put together a well rounded team in test cricket, which has been hurting us at the most crucial times.

Having said that, if the best Pakistani players of the last 10-12 were put on the same team, would that be enough to dominate world cricket over the same time period? I'd have the following players in my all-star teams, let me know if you agree:

Tests

1) Abdullah Shafique
2) Mohammad Hafeez
3) Azhar Ali
4) Younis Khan
5) Babar Azam
6) Misbah ul Haq (c)
7) Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
8) Hasan Ali
9) Shaheen Afridi
10) Yasir Shah
11) Saeed Ajmal or Naseem Shah/Mohammad Abbas

Unfortunately, we haven't had any world class test openers but that middle order is very strong and can bat for days. The pace attack is talented if inexperienced, but the spin bowlers can bowl any team out in the subcontinent.

The verdict: I can easily see this team being #1 in the cricketing world today. They would struggle in Australia, as is tradition, but everywhere else the strong middle order and varied bowling attack would excel. However, I don't see how they do not get smashed by the great teams of the last decade or so, namely Graeme Smith's South Africa.

Middle order is solid and Ajmal will take wkts consistently. Apart from that, an average team

Azhar Ali, hafeez. Misbah, chucker and Hasan Ali. No I will still be awful.

Ab Shafiq Azhar Younis Misbah too many tuk tuk this team will also bat at snail pace, Hassan Ali absolute rubbish on current form many better options available this team is only capable of winning against ZIA and Bdesh

Back