Would you support a Hindu-Muslim population swap between Bharat & Pakistan, Bangladesh

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
Roughly 17 million Hindus still live in Pakistan and Bangladesh. They are seeing the rise of the Rashtra right in front of their eyes from a distance. Given a choice majority of them would prefer being in Bharat.

Bharat has a Muslim population of 200 million. We can compensate both nations for their loss in Hindu population.

Almost all Hindus living in Pakistan are content . Esp as it’s rare to see politicians spread hate against them . The same can’t be said for Muslims in India .

Besides if India became a nation of no muslims, modi ji , rss , bjp & some posters will have nothing to think about or do in their daily lives .

It depends on Individual choice, If say India wants to take Bangladeshi hindus to their country and any hindu person agree with it he/she have absolutely all the right to change his/her country. Same goes for any muslim guy/girl

depends on the individual's willingness and the country's acceptance. No country can force anyone to leave his/her motherland if he/she does not want it

Roughly 17 million Hindus still live in Pakistan and Bangladesh. They are seeing the rise of the Rashtra right in front of their eyes from a distance. Given a choice majority of them would prefer being in Bharat.

Bharat has a Muslim population of 200 million. We can compensate both nations for their loss in Hindu population.
No among a lot of other objections, I think it would doom India as a nation. A country without religious diversity would not be able to keep religion out of state policy and once religion and state mix, it is disaster for a country.

Almost all Hindus living in Pakistan are content . Esp as it’s rare to see politicians spread hate against them . The same can’t be said for Muslims in India .

Besides if India became a nation of no muslims, modi ji , rss , bjp & some posters will have nothing to think about or do in their daily lives .

Actual number of people who would want this can only be determined once we open up an application portal for such a provision.

Obviously this is something that must happen with the consent of the people. Only those who truly desire this must be eligible for such an exchange program.

This is basically a secure version of the botched up 1947 migrations by the British.

The maths doesn't add up. How would you fit 200 million Muslims into Pakistan with only a few million Hindus going the other way? It is an insincere proposition since Bharatis were not even able to concede Kashmir which was overwhelmingly Muslim at the time. The first step to show you were serious would be release Kashmir and that would at least provide some land mass for the emigration of the Muslim population from other Indian states.

This population swap is a pretty bad idea.

The partition of India in 1947, which led to the creation of Pakistan (and later Bangladesh), was itself marked by massive population movements and communal violence. The scars of that partition are still felt today, and any proposal to repeat such a process would likely increase tensions and lead to further suffering.

Actual number of people who would want this can only be determined once we open up an application portal for such a provision.

Obviously this is something that must happen with the consent of the people. Only those who truly desire this must be eligible for such an exchange program.

This is basically a secure version of the botched up 1947 migrations by the British.

If 200 million Muslims agreed to move , you will need to give land away too , along with them taking their assets too. A few million Hindus won’t replace this , the damage to India will be huge .

You want to keep the Christians , Buddhists & all the other millions of non Hindus or open to another deal ?

If 200 million Muslims agreed to move , you will need to give land away too , along with them taking their assets too. A few million Hindus won’t replace this , the damage to India will be huge .

You want to keep the Christians , Buddhists & all the other millions of non Hindus or open to another deal ?

How many muslims would you be willing to take in return for 5 million Pakistani Hindus?

Remember this might also be considered a generous act from a religious pov.

How many muslims would you be willing to take in return for 5 million Pakistani Hindus?

Don’t understand the question

I don’t think majority of Pakistani Hindus would move . They will be treated less than the so called untouchables Hindus .

India is not Israel where any Jew can move take land & live comfortably. Hindus moving to India will mostly have it worse .

The population density is as follows:-

• Bharat: 426 people per square kilometer
• Pakistan: 272 people per square kilometer
• Bangladesh: 1,152 people per square kilometer

So, approximately 106 million people should be transferred from Bharat to Pakistan in order for both countries to have the same population density.

The division in 1947 was already done in a manner that was unfair to Bharat.

Don’t understand the question

I don’t think majority of Pakistani Hindus would move . They will be treated less than the so called untouchables Hindus .

India is not Israel where any Jew can move take land & live comfortably. Hindus moving to India will mostly have it worse .

There would obviously have to be a proper system in place so that the incoming Hindus can seamlessly join the mainstream.

For 200 million Muslims, yes , land would have to be given to Pakistan.

However, by transferring 106 million people from Bharat to Pakistan, we would achieve same population density hence for that no land needs to be given to Pakistan.

Bangladesh also would need to be given land because there PD is worse.

India is a joint account of hindus and muslims. Why would anyone give up on a joint account?

Don't worry, your future generations will be muslims.

Hate speech is the least of anyone's problems. If hindu politicians in India give hate speeches against muslims, the Indian muslim politicians are no less and give back in equal measure. Despite all the so-called hate speeches, India is home to 200 million plus muslims who are an active part of India's polity and economy, and even determine electoral outcomes in some constituencies. Even if they wanted to move, Indian muslims would rather move to the Gulf or western countries where they have job opportunities. None of them in their right mind would ever want to move to basket case countries like Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Hindus in Pak and BD may not face hate speeches by politicians, but are marginalised, brutalised and forcefully coverted on a rampant scale. They also have zero rights in these countries. It's impossible to believe that they are a content lot, and they'll all happily move to India if they get a chance.

Hate speech is the least of anyone's problems. If hindu politicians in India give hate speeches against muslims, the Indian muslim politicians are no less and give back in equal measure. Despite all the so-called hate speeches, India is home to 200 million plus muslims who are an active part of India's polity and economy, and even determine electoral outcomes in some constituencies. Even if they wanted to move, Indian muslims would rather move to the Gulf or western countries where they have job opportunities. None of them in their right mind would ever want to move to basket case countries like Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Hindus in Pak and BD may not face hate speeches by politicians, but are marginalised, brutalised and forcefully coverted on a rampant scale. They also have zero rights in these countries. It's impossible to believe that they are a content lot, and they'll all happily move to India if they get a chance.
Hate speech and being subjected to hate are different things. Indian muslims lve encoutered in the UK gave mentioned many times that earning money in india is more than UK but living there now with BJP in power is a different story all together. Leave Pakistan out of this as actual Pakistanis know the ground realities, no need for parosi sermons.

I doubt Indian Muslims have any interest in going to Pakistan or Bangladesh. Outside of religion, they have nothing in common with Pakistani or Bangladeshi Muslims.

Indian Muslims will have brighter future in India if they play their cards nicely.

For 200 million Muslims, yes , land would have to be given to Pakistan.

However, by transferring 106 million people from Bharat to Pakistan, we would achieve same population density hence for that no land needs to be given to Pakistan.

Bangladesh also would need to be given land because there PD is worse.
Nominated for IgNobel Peace prize 2024 :ROFLMAO:

Hate speech has led to lynchings , violent attacks, religious buildings torn down and more . You can’t get over the fact they ruled the land , there is no other case similar .

All of India would move out of India too, apart from the fat rich kid whose wedding still has years for completion .

Hate speech has led to lynchings , violent attacks, religious buildings torn down and more . You can’t get over the fact they ruled the land , there is no other case similar .

All of India would move out of India too, apart from the fat rich kid whose wedding still has years for completion .

I think he would move out of India too if his family weren't Indian royalty basically. His guests were John Cena, Justin Bieber, Rihanna etc, so I'm guessing he would love to be in America given the choice.

I think he would move out of India too if his family weren't Indian royalty basically. His guests were John Cena, Justin Bieber, Rihanna etc, so I'm guessing he would love to be in America given the choice.

They’d lose the status of being top few richest in the land.

It seems it’s always foreign Indians who always suggest Indians don’t need or want to leave, pretty ironic

Last edited by a moderator:
No among a lot of other objections, I think it would doom India as a nation. A country without religious diversity would not be able to keep religion out of state policy and once religion and state mix, it is disaster for a country.
With respect, I am not sure about your thesis. England is a Christian state. Israel is a jewish state.

They’d lose the status of being top few richest in the land.

It seems it’s always foreign Indians who always suggest Indians don’t need or want to leave, pretty ironic

Do you refuse to welcome fellow Muslims who willingly might want to settle in Pakistan. Remember it might be considered a paap.

Do you refuse to welcome fellow Muslims who willingly might want to settle in Pakistan. Remember it might be considered a paap.
Indian Muslims don't want to to settle in Pakistan. They are on their way to conquer India. The conquest has been slightly delayed because of rise of hindutva, but ultimately the muslims will prevail.

India will become a muslim country.

With respect, I am not sure about your thesis. England is a Christian state. Israel is a jewish state.
You're right that I should've made myself clearer and added a codicil. I meant any State where people take religion seriously and lack a significant minority will eventually mix religion with State and struggle.

Which is why the likes of the Scandinavian countries and Japan get away with the high levels of religious uniformity. Belief has weakened and doesn't play as big a part in their day to day life. India is far away from that.

Israel I believe is headed in the wrong direction as religion starts playing a bigger r9le. The country was founded and led by Jews who were virtually agnostic if not atheist. Over time though, they've given more space to religion and the religious right and it's constraining their decisionmaking as a State.

You're right that I should've made myself clearer and added a codicil. I meant any State where people take religion seriously and lack a significant minority will eventually mix religion with State and struggle.
I am not sure. USA was formed when people took their religion seriously and prospered, yet they have always kept religion and state separate. Ancient India was always religious, yet kept religion and state separate. Greeks and Romans were religious civillizations, yet they prospered.
Which is why the likes of the Scandinavian countries and Japan get away with the high levels of religious uniformity. Belief has weakened and doesn't play as big a part in their day to day life. India is far away from that.
I am not very familiar with Scandinavian countries and Japan. So I cannot comment. OTOH USA made the most progress when it was religious. Renaissance happened when the European countries were religious. UK developed the most when it was extremely religious.
USA currently is polarized. While the number of Christians is reducing and atheists are increasing, there are pockets where Christianity is gaining more influence than ever.
Israel I believe is headed in the wrong direction as religion starts playing a bigger r9le. The country was founded and led by Jews who were virtually agnostic if not atheist. Over time though, they've given more space to religion and the religious right and it's constraining their decisionmaking as a State.
Honestly, I do not see Israel going in a wrong direction(but this is not a forum to talk about it :) ). A substantial number of jews are agnostic(Marx, Einstein, Trotsky, Freud etc). The founding fathers of Israel were deeply patriotic and wanted to make a Jewish nation, which is one of the most innovative, successful democracies on the face of the earth.

I think you are generalizing a lot of things. I am not sure I want to have a public discussion. Happy to chat offline. You seem like a civil person :)

no we don't. if they want to move their property will be declared enemy property and seized.

Absolutely no! I'm not even in favor of CAA.

This thread is really not about israel and jews etc. Please stay on topic.

Land was given for SC Muslims in 1947. One third Muslims didn't migrate.

Land was given for SC Muslims in 1947. One third Muslims didn't migrate.

Resulting in massive population density rise in Bharat and Bharat was never compensated with additional land for accommodating more Muslims despite the religion based partition demanded by President Jinnah.

This can only be balanced out if 100 million people could migrate to Pakistan.

Resulting in massive population density rise in Bharat and Bharat was never compensated with additional land for accommodating more Muslims despite the religion based partition demanded by President Jinnah.

This can only be balanced out if 100 million people could migrate to Pakistan.
If wishes were horses, pigs would fly.

Muslims are going to dominate India. Hindus should either convert to join the winners or behave well.

This will happen before 2047. Accept your destiny.

Please take all the illegal immigrants of our neighbouring countries. Muslims who were in India in 1952 and are as much Indian as us.

Back