Your personal best innings/bowling

liaqat

First Class Star
Runs
Hi
For me it was 79 made in 2006 in Sandwell cricket league,
the innings was full of edges and miss timings but some how i managed 79.
Other then that my personal best innings was 62* against a very decent bowling line up in the league and on belter of a wicket.

How about yours

We played an 8 over game in a Mohalla with 4 players on each side i bowled a tearaway marathon spell of 4 overs with and just gave 8 runs and picked the 2 wickets that was my best bowling

then on our roof which is pretty big in one on one games with cricket balls of plastic i;ve smashed countless centuries against my cousin when we were teenagers

Also on the same roof aka MCG i;ve taken hat-tricks 3 or 4 time with Malinga'sque yorkers playing with "wattaa" ball those living in Pakistan will be familiar with it :D

Although at ground level i was pre mediocre never managed anything substantial or may be we use to play against big boys :hafeez

We played an 8 over game in a Mohalla with 4 players on each side i bowled a tearaway marathon spell of 4 overs with and just gave 8 runs and picked the 2 wickets that was my best bowling

then on our roof which is pretty big in one on one games with cricket balls of plastic i;ve smashed countless centuries against my cousin when we were teenagers

Also on the same roof aka MCG i;ve taken hat-tricks 3 or 4 time with Malinga'sque yorkers playing with "wattaa" ball those living in Pakistan will be familiar with it :D

Although at ground level i was pre mediocre never managed anything substantial or may be we use to play against big boys :hafeez

I should have mentioned that hard ball in whites only please,

In tape ball cricket i was god with bat and ball but it all unravelled when i got to the real thing,

Again i agree with you maybe i was playing with older guys :ahmed:lee:manzoor:wahab:sami:yk

Used to play for my school team (believe me it was competative) where my personal best was 80* it was a 30 over game we used to play with a white ball.

2/2 in a school match last year in year 9

OMG.

It was an u17s T20 game. It was my first match for a club and me and my two best friends joined this club and we played a match on our first day. It was against South Hamstead CC in London. Before that, the only match practice was school cricket of about two matches.

To describe my role, I am a simple left arm orthodox spinner and I can't bat to save my life.

First game, both my friends are allrounders but went for 22 runs each in the over given to them by our captain. They leaked runs so the captain decided to give me ago. South Hamstead were 60-1 in 8 overs before I came on. After that, I took a wicket every over and I finished with 14-4 off my four overs. It was just an incredible debut for me.

Sadly, that my best performance and my stats from adult games were mediocre.

Only played a handful of games in whites

One of the games made 30 from number 9

Took 5 of the 6 wickets 2 fall

With bat, for my high school 18 and ball, 1 over 3 wickets 2 runs. lol

I scored more than this but my best inning was 88* in a 15 overs match (local club game in Karachi) boundaries were not biggest but were fine for me and it was on cemented wicket so ball was traveling and they were all fast bowlers. I hit some sixes, swept fast bowler in 2nd over (he was really big and famous in that club and I was around 18-19) for massive six. I was dropped 3 times on boundary during this but luck is needed.

Anyways won the match if we had another over could have scored a 100 on 45 odd balls I faced I guess 42 and I am a very very moderate batsman who never like and want to hit sixes and normally play with S.R of around 80-70 and remember all the sixes I hit in proper club and league games (they are not many)

Best bowling figures are 4-42 with a couple dropped chances.

Best batting is 36* coming in at 11 batting with a sprained ankle, all last season I got screwed due to politics and batted 10 or 11 and remained not out most of the time but hopefully this year I get more of a chance with bat.

Best bowling

8-22 (9.3 overs) back in 1995 when I was 16 playing for the club 2nd XI (Birmingham League)
7-17 (10 overs) last game of last season. Ended up being the highest wicket taker in our Div (Surrey league)

Best Batting

158* season 2000 in the Birmingham League.

Best bowling

8-22 (9.3 overs) back in 1995 when I was 16 playing for the club 2nd XI (Birmingham League)
7-17 (10 overs) last game of last season. Ended up being the highest wicket taker in our Div (Surrey league)

Best Batting

158* season 2000 in the Birmingham League.

Legend :don

2nd match for my team As a bowler 7-22 with 6 bowled and 1 to slips, really on a nice day ,my run up felt so smooth I was in the grove and some deadly inswingers I honestly was targeting areas on pitch at will, but we lost after getting them all out for 122 we were bowled for 76

chasing 96 in a local t20 tournament scored 45* coming in at 6/7..
also took 3-12 with my off spin..

I had plenty, my first best innings was a long time ago when i used play for the local cricket club.. I was playing for under 12's and my coach asked me to play for the under 16's. My first 2 balls took two wickets and my 3rd ball the keeper dropped the ball denying me of a hatrick! Followed by 2 more wickets in the next over. Plus a 50 in that match! The reason its my favourite is because i was so young and performing against people much older and bigger than me. That stage my coach used to say I could make it all the way! Then as i got older started playing less and less and interests went another direction!

Last edited:
From year 7-10 I used to mainly bat at 5 but hardly got to bat coz the top order never used to get out, my highest score was 18* :uakmal, bowling wise i'd guess it would be something around (12-15)/3 in four overs (T20).

I used to bat like the Miz :misbah and my highest score in about 2 years of club cricket was 57* or something.

Last year I abandoned the Mizzzzbah methodology and adopted the Afridi school of thought and hit 107* (chasing 170 in 25 overs [trial match], got it in 14) and 102 in the first three games.

My average at the end of the season however petered out to mid 30s :afridi

murphyslaw79 I think is the only 'real' cricketer on these forums though

I used to bat like the Miz :misbah and my highest score in about 2 years of club cricket was 57* or something.

Last year I abandoned the Mizzzzbah methodology and adopted the Afridi school of thought and hit 107* (chasing 170 in 25 overs [trial match], got it in 14) and 102 in the first three games.

My average at the end of the season however petered out to mid 30s :afridi

murphyslaw79 I think is the only 'real' cricketer on these forums though

I like you a lot as an insaan and a cricketer.

My best bowling figures statistically is 5/16

My best bowling in terms if clutch and performance is 4/8 in a grand final and 2/5 in the preceding semi in which the opposition needed 6 runs to win with two wickets in hand and I got their last two out bowled. Proceeded to do a Flintoff rockstar celebration.

Best batting is probably my 42*(16) in a late assault in an a 40 over game.

It's my biggest regret is not getting enough chances to bat up the order.

Me and Poison would smoke some attacks and cause them to question their lives.

Scored 154 in my Lahore house against my brother,in bowling I took 4 wickets on 4 balls but I retired from bowling when my brother hit me 36 in an over of 7 balls

Hi
For me it was 79 made in 2006 in Sandwell cricket league,
the innings was full of edges and miss timings but some how i managed 79.
Other then that my personal best innings was 62* against a very decent bowling line up in the league and on belter of a wicket.

How about yours

I also play in the Sandwell League- do you still play?

Scored 112 for a club match in London , Best Bowling 4- 30 odd in a school inter branch match. I started wicket keeping later on..

One of the school inter regional matches , we needed 9 to win off 2 balls and I won it with a 6 and 4 , the next thing everyone picked me up celebrated the victory.

I scoreed 51 of 26 balls once for my highschool team. Also took 4/34 in bowling

One time when I was 9, we were playing with tape ball in the tennis courts. The bowling attack was my Brother (21), and two of his friends (20 and 19).

I played three maidens straight. Then out of no where, I came down the track blasting a "six" and it hit the lights. Then two consecutive fours came after...Then I went tuk tuk mode again. I kept telling myself I was going to pick out the bad balls.

I finally got out... 14 from 74.

My best innings was 33 in 78 balls batting at #10 and ended up being the highest scorer for the team. We were 40 something/8 at one point. Ended up scoring 115 and won the match. ;0

chasing 96 in a local t20 tournament scored 45* coming in at 6/7..
also took 3-12 with my off spin..
Since this game took a quite a few 4 wicket hauls.but never scored more than 45 runs,in fact I may have scored only 45 runs in all the matches I played since then.

99*, occupied the crease whilst half of our team returned from a wedding LOL.

I came in at one-down and literally stayed there, farming the strike, preserving my wicket as there was only 2 other batsman to follow (until the others arrived)!

Best bowling was a 6-34 including a hat-trick.

20. It was in a chase. I am a bowler anyway and probably 3-10 from 9 overs

Is it just me or is the addiction to hitting sixes a very real thing? Very real.

6-43 in a 50 overs league game. Sadly we lost that game. :herath

Mine was 8 runs 6 wickets against local team, my coach always use to say this to me bowl line length, I use to tell him I want to be a trend setter, than a trundler, we use to play with flash balls, and I bowled the fastest I can, use to imitate waqar's action got 4 bowled, 2 lbw with one amongst them got hit right on ankle and got badly injured,in batting 102 of 86, but the knock I enjoyed the most was we needed 40 runs with 1 wicket in hand, the other guy was absolute tool with bat, we had 35 overs to get this run, I made 33 in 186 balls, there were two guys who were giving me problem,one was a chinamen, other use to ball quick and get awkward bounce from length still fought it out, got hit by him a lot of time on wrist, chest and nose, but I never like quitting, I guess dating a fast bowlers sister has its own consequences.

Back