Your thoughts on Jasprit Bumrah?

I must admit i was skeptical of him earlier but after watching those Yorkers i am sure he can survive and perform even after batsman figures him out.
There ain't a cure invented for a good ol' yorker mate . :)

Bowling Yorkers is no easy task and it takes a lot of toll and stress on the back. With his upright action it will not be the most easiest of things to do consistently. Lets see he still has long way to go these are early days as some one said all indian bowlers start amazingly but fail to live up once the going gets tough and element of surprise is taken away

He's like Sohail Tanvir, awakward action that may help him initially.

Let's see how he does when the batsman work him out.

He's got a good in swinger though and a bit of zip.

Promising so far, fingers crossed.

Dhoni overbowls any young pacer into dust and destroys him, hope he isn't there for long to spoil Bumrah :pray

Nothing like Tanvir.

Tanvir has a wrong footed action. His balls didn't come in at an awkard angle for batmsan. His action is more comparable to Malinga.

However if he can maintain consistency in line and length like Malinga is to be seen.

Not very convinced. However, don't know why Aussies are struggling against him on flat wickets. Warner, Finch, Smith, Faulkner have all seen and played him in the IPL. I think he's using the extra bounce on Australian wickets very well..

Not very convinced. However, don't know why Aussies are struggling against him on flat wickets. Warner, Finch, Smith, Faulkner have all seen and played him in the IPL. I think he's using the extra bounce on Australian wickets very well..

I think McGrath once said that Indian batsmen and a few others confessed to him that they would rather face 140-150 skiddy pacers than a 135 pacer who gets the wee bit extra bounce.

He is quick enough, makes the ball talk, has shown great control over yorkers and he actually bowls smart.

All of this on dead Aussie batta. What else do yo expect?

BK didn't go down. He was always a bowler who needed conditions to support his bowling. He will still be good in England and in the subcontinent.

For me, he has gone down. I saw him at his debut series, whattay bowler he was, whattay swing he had. No he has regressed you accept it or not, but time will tell.

Tonight will catch highlights to see how is Bumrah guy.

He is quick enough, makes the ball talk, has shown great control over yorkers and he actually bowls smart.

All of this on dead Aussie batta. What else do yo expect?

I don't want to get my hopes high, to be honest. I've seen a generation of Indian pacers fade away after sparkling debuts, well, all except the great Zaheer. Pathan, Munaf, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Buvaneshwar.. the pain is real..

Bowling Yorkers is no easy task and it takes a lot of toll and stress on the back. With his upright action it will not be the most easiest of things to do consistently. Lets see he still has long way to go these are early days as some one said all indian bowlers start amazingly but fail to live up once the going gets tough and element of surprise is taken away

His action is such that Yorkers seems like natural delivery like malinga. By indian bowling standards if he last 4-5 years and keep performing like this then i will be happy.
India doesn't need a ATG bowler just a great bowler is enough to compliment indian batting.

Nothing like Tanvir.

Tanvir has a wrong footed action. His balls didn't come in at an awkard angle for batmsan. His action is more comparable to Malinga.

However if he can maintain consistency in line and length like Malinga is to be seen.

I mentioned Tanvir as he looks unconventional as the ball arrives quicker than expected.

And no Malinga was never a line/length bowler and neither is this guy going to be.

However he has a good in swinger so he will be more of pitch up bowler who may also be good at bowling at the death with Yorkers like Malinga.

He's different so he might do well if he keeps his head down.

Why do Indian fast bowlers always have the most outlandish run-ups and actions?

I don't want to get my hopes high, to be honest. I've seen a generation of Indian pacers fade away after sparkling debuts, well, all except the great Zaheer. Pathan, Munaf, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Buvaneshwar.. the pain is real..

Zaheer started well and success got to his head and he was dropped as well lucky for us he returned strong.IMO Pathan was a big loss was a smart cricketer and hoped better from him.

Average bowler that will get found out once the novelty factors wears off.

With his action, he can only move the ball one way

He is not totally unknown. He has played two years of IPL so many batsmen have seen and faced him.

Of course, the more people face him relatively the more easy. However it will still be a bit more awkward than a classical action and apart from the action his bowling is accurate and intelligent.

He is not totally unknown. He has played two years of IPL so many batsmen have seen and faced him.

Of course, the more people face him relatively the more easy. However it will still be a bit more awkward than a classical action and apart from the action his bowling is accurate and intelligent.

It will be down to his mentality.

He's a wicket taking type of bowler and can do well if he's hungry to get wickets and not to always contain.

Apparently his bowling heros were Waqar and Wasim so maybe that will help him to think wickets and not be defensive.

I mpressd with bumrah..but we all know what hppnd to the kumars Vinay Praveen and bhubneshwar....

Only saw first over of Hardik pandya today. He is better than bumrah. Dont waste that guy.

Only saw first over of Hardik pandya today. He is better than bumrah. Dont waste that guy.

Sarcastic, eh? He is our trump card. Best thing is that he's only a part time bowler and primarily a batsman. Not to mention, electric fielder.

I like your 'never let any opportunity go' attitude..

Why are you still hurt from my previous comment regarding your pathetic comments on Amir ??

Regarding this bowler and the comment you have highlighted thats what the one of the commentatos said, so that's why I said "apparently" as I have never seen him before nor do I know him.

In any case I can still say good things if I see them without letting my biases get in the way, while you will say the opposite on every given opportunity, not just you but loads of others.

It is Hardik Pandya who will spell the trouble for all the opposing sides with his big hitting capability, his 140k bowling is just a bonus, even with a harrowing debut in which he got no chance to bat and bowled a bad first over, he still finished with two wickets in his kitty.

Sarcastic, eh? He is our trump card. Best thing is that he's only a part time bowler and primarily a batsman. Not to mention, electric fielder.

I am not being sarcastic. He is better than bumrah imo. I didnt know he can bat too, thats great news for India. But he should work more on his bowling because he has the capability of becoming the much needed front line fast bowler for India. I am indifferent towards bumrah but i think Hardik has the ingredients. All people are singing praises for bumrah but its hardik the fast bowler who you should be excited about.

I am not being sarcastic. He is better than bumrah imo. I didnt know he can bat too, thats great news for India. But he should work more on his bowling because he has the capability of becoming the much needed front line fast bowler for India. I am indifferent towards bumrah but i think Hardik has the ingredients. All people are singing praises for bumrah but its hardik the fast bowler who you should be excited about.

His first over went for 19 runs and included 5 wides :)) It looked obvious..

He is a batsman lol. Got lucky today.

His action reminds me of that of the Bangladeshi pacer. Forget his name now....???

Bumrah is what you call an 'anti-chucker'. His left knee, right and left hands are so straight at the point of delivery, I'm certain he's going to injure that knee very soon. His ability to hit yorkers at will is great but he has to develop an away swinger to make a difference in the long term.

Biomechanically and aesthetically one of the worst actions in world cricket right now. ChachaCricket better not watch him bowl.

His first over went for 19 runs and included 5 wides :)) It looked obvious..

I know that. It was wayward. But sometimes you gotta look beyond a few bad deliveries. He has it in him.

Chucked it pretty blatantly today when he was being hit. Especially the length ball.

Its ok...everyone gets hit in T20 game. I will not read much in this performance. He needs to be persisted with.

Bumrah > Yadav

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chucked it pretty blatantly today when he was being hit. Especially the length ball.
Dont think so. Slingy action like that looks chucking but its impossible to bend elbow in that angle. Malinga, Bumrah all got pretty similar action.

Dont think so. Slingy action like that looks chucking but its impossible to bend elbow in that angle. Malinga, Bumrah all got pretty similar action.

Malinda has a slingy action, this guy just doesn't use his left arm. They are completely different actions.

Anyway watch his length ball the next time.

Malinda has a slingy action, this guy just doesn't use his left arm. They are completely different actions.

Anyway watch his length ball the next time.

I get what you mean, but he bends his wrist which looks like chucking. He has a straight and stiff bowling arm, stiff other arm and a stiff front leg. If anything, he may hyperextend his elbow.. I think he'll get injured a lot with this action..

I must admit I thought he'd fail miserably in international cricket but it's been quite the opposite - what a start he's had to his India career, nothing seems to phase him.

I told you guys, he will be exposed. Overrated! We will forget him after 2 years time lol as it happens with all Indian pacer, anyone remember Ishant sharma? :p

He didn't bowl terrible I thought. Despite his figures, it was mostly just Simmons and Russell playing him superbly. Pandya and Jadeja were rubbish.

Must admit I'm impressed by him. Can be a very capable limited overs bowler if the Indian management don't ruin him like they have done with a few fellas in the past.

Jasprit Bumrah Breaks Nannes' T20I Record for Wickets in a Calendar Year

India failed to level the two-match series against West Indies on Sunday as the second T20I was called off due to wet outfield, but Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah registered his name to the record books with his spell of 2 for 26 in Lauderhill, USA.

Bumrah now has 28 wickets for India in 21 T20Is in 2016 and he went past former Australia quick Dirk Nannes' record of taking highest number of wickets in the shortest format of the game in a calendar year.

Nannes had taken 27 wickets in 14 matches in 2010. Bumrah was impressive in the first match also and took two for 47.

Bumrah, who made his T20I debut in January against Australia, also took 15 wickets for Mumbai Indians in this year's Indian Premier League.
He is slowly but steadily becoming India’s most reliable bowler in the limited-over cricket. Bumrah's performance is improving after every series and he has also become MS Dhoni’s go-to bowler. His ability to bowl yorkers at will, using variation in pace and his consistency with line and length are some of the reasons that makes Bumrah so successful.

R Ashwin, who also took two wickets on Sunday, now has 23 wickets in T20Is in 2016 and with 52 overall wickets, he has the most by any Indian bowler in the format. Ashwin also became the first Indian bowler to take 200 T20 wickets.

Very good bowler.

But I know which record is better out of Bumrah 28 wickets for India in 21 and Nannes 27 wickets in 14 matches T20Is.

I recently checked scorecard in odis involving india and I noticed that he has been expensive. I can say in a way that the reverse of your statement is true

Did you even bother to check the date for that comment? Besides, he has only had two bad matches, and even there he was unlucky with countless edges flying to the boundary. Overall an average of 19 at an ER of 4.6 after playing on Indian and Aussie battas is actually quite exceptional.

Back