Your thoughts on Jasprit Bumrah?

So were all the England bowlers.Your point?

I think such Indian pitches demoralize our bowlers way too much and they fall into mediocrity the Ishant Sharma way. It destroys the confidence when you get carted around for more than 65 runs every match.

I think such Indian pitches demoralize our bowlers way too much and they fall into mediocrity the Ishant Sharma way. It destroys the confidence when you get carted around for more than 65 runs every match.

Winter months and dew will do this.

He is an Indian player which means he will use his brain to improve his skills. Trundling was the problem of many Indian bowlers and he doesn't do that, so he will only get better.

I actually think he's a pretty good bowler, although he may find test cricket a bit difficult but with his unusual action and his yorkers, he will do quite well in limited overs, espicially in T20s

Did you even bother to check the date for that comment? Besides, he has only had two bad matches, and even there he was unlucky with countless edges flying to the boundary. Overall an average of 19 at an ER of 4.6 after playing on Indian and Aussie battas is actually quite exceptional.

the best death bowler in the world today

Good young talent. Not a bad death bowler either. One of the best currently from an Asian team. I hate his action though.

Ugly action, too scrawny, little pace but I have got to say, love his yorkers. Hope he can stay injury free although it doesn't look like it.

A Chucking Indian Fast Bowler, but even with the latter the blokes trundles like there is no tomorrow. Waste of Space to be honest

A Chucking Indian Fast Bowler, but even with the latter the blokes trundles like there is no tomorrow. Waste of Space to be honest

Its funny to see the unease and discomfort caused by the prospect of a decent bowler in our line up to some of the padosi fans!!

Atleast 3 one line chucker comments! :djb

not sure about chucking but he has been below average to be honest. He bowled a few yorkers at the beginning of his odi career but afterwards he has lost his mojo. Same thing happened with agarkar and ishant sharma. They started well but soon they lost their penetration.

Regards

Its funny to see the unease and discomfort caused by the prospect of a decent bowler in our line up to some of the padosi fans!!

Atleast 3 one line chucker comments! :djb

Unfortunately, your post is not true. lots of indians think that he is very ordinary. Read the thread.
Even now his performance has been very average, i cannot call that decent performance. So your comment that a decent bowler is causing uneasiness in pakistanis is not true. Since as of now he is not a decent odi bowler rather below average odi bowler.

Regards

Rubbish bowler. one trick pony (Yorkers).If its not working then even jaydev unadkat is better than him.

Unfortunately, your post is not true. lots of indians think that he is very ordinary. Read the thread.
Even now his performance has been very average, i cannot call that decent performance. So your comment that a decent bowler is causing uneasiness in pakistanis is not true. Since as of now he is not a decent odi bowler rather below average odi bowler.

Regards

Do you live ina world without TV or internet ... ohh wait :yk2

An Avg/ SR= 19/25 in ODI and 18.8/17 in T20s, is average LMAO !!!!!!!

Dude, others posters feel uneasy, you simply lost all sense of reality!! :)))

Didnt really look impressive. With that kind of a handicapped technique its hard to survive in professional cricket.

yeap. He got quite a beating in recently. He is being found out. Its really sad that he is giving away too many unnecessary runs. I thought indians have finally got a good odi bowler by indian standards atleast but his recent performances have been very ordinary

First agarkar, then irfan pathan, then srishanth then ishant sharma and now bumrah.

Last edited:
yeap. He got quite a beating in recently. He is being found out. Its really sad that he is giving away too many unnecessary runs. I thought indians have finally got a good odi bowler by indian standards atleast but his recent performances have been very ordinary

First agarkar, then irfan pathan, then srishanth then ishant sharma and now bumrah.

Compare your "pacesensation" Amir stats with the Indian trundler. Also consider that Bumrah bowls on the Indian flat roads where scores by Indian batsmen should not be counted.

He hits 140plus pretty frequently.

I have watched both these ODI matches very closely. In the first match, he rarely bowled over 140 and we all saw the thrashing he received. In the next match, he bowled quicker, yes.

However, my observation on his pace is not limited to the most recent match so..

I have watched both these ODI matches very closely. In the first match, he rarely bowled over 140 and we all saw the thrashing he received. In the next match, he bowled quicker, yes.

However, my observation on his pace is not limited to the most recent match so..

Despite getting thrashed in the last two games, He still has a superior stats than the potential ATG bowler from Pakistan. If Amir is World Class Bumrah definitely finds his place among top class pacers of the current generation.

Compare your "pacesensation" Amir stats with the Indian trundler. Also consider that Bumrah bowls on the Indian flat roads where scores by Indian batsmen should not be counted.

You must also consider that Indian bowlers usually get wickets due to scoreboard pressure which Aamir or any Pak bowler does not get that luxury.

Despite getting thrashed in the last two games, He still has a superior stats than the potential ATG bowler from Pakistan. If Amir is World Class Bumrah definitely finds his place among top class pacers of the current generation.

Out of interest what are his stats in ODI cricket when Zimbabwe are removed?

Don't intend to get involved in this debate but I'm genuinely curious as I remember him playing a fair few games against them.

Out of interest what are his stats in ODI cricket when Zimbabwe are removed?

Don't intend to get involved in this debate but I'm genuinely curious as I remember him playing a fair few games against them.

Not much of a sample in ODIs when zimbabwe is excluded but still pretty decent avg of 21 or 22 in both ODIs and T20s.
1.JPG
2.JPG

You must also consider that Indian bowlers usually get wickets due to scoreboard pressure which Aamir or any Pak bowler does not get that luxury.

Ohh WOW!! So Indian batsmen score on roads, and if an Indian bowlers get wickets he gets it because of scoreboard pressure despite being on bowling on a road!!
BTW Bumrah has pretty decent econ. rate too.

Any more excuses to put down performances for the men in blue. Plz come forward bro!!

I refuse to rate Indian fast bowlers until after they've been around for a couple of seasons at least due to the precedent that has been set. And it seems like he is getting exposed already.

I refuse to rate Indian fast bowlers until after they've been around for a couple of seasons at least due to the precedent that has been set. And it seems like he is getting exposed already.

He is not getting exposed.He has nothing to offer. He learned bowling consistent Yorker while being in Mumbai Indians.But that alone is Not sufficient.Bowls from side of the crease and creates an angle in to the batsman.At least outswing is compulsory for fast bowler. Creating an weird angle and Yorkers sums up his bowling.Nothing more nothing less.An ideal choice for t20 though during death over.

Smart move... but it seems you are already judging him based on two most recent games!! ;)

avging sub 20 in Limited over formats is mediocre.. hmm!! Good analysis!

Averaging -20 in only 30-odd matches. Not enough performances to show for. Has plenty of room to improve though. Hope that he doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Averaging -20 in only 30-odd matches. Not enough performances to show for. Has plenty of room to improve though. Hope that he doesn't.

Yup 30 something doesnt make him an ATG, a tag which gets thrown around for any decent bowler in green,
But those are enough to classify him as mediocre!! Very consistent logical mind you have, Sir!!

Logic has left the building,so should I :djb

Yup 30 something doesnt make him an ATG, a tag which gets thrown around for any decent bowler in green,
But those are enough to classify him as mediocre!! Very consistent logical mind you have, Sir!!

Logic has left the building,so should I :djb

He is mediocre right now, but as I said before (which you failed to read/comprehend) he has room to improve. Nobody is declaring anybody an ATG. Btw, Bumrah has the most filthiest, garbage bowling action ever seen on the face of the earth.

As a Newbie, He has been fair or maybe even good but what the future holds for him already has been decided by his performance against England has shown how well he could become the next Ishant Sharma.......

As a Newbie, He has been fair or maybe even good but what the future holds for him already has been decided by his performance against England has shown how well he could become the next Ishant Sharma.......

Some people were hyping him up to already be better than Amir(one of the best ODI bowlers in the world.) Bumrah has already gotten smashed for more runs in a game (81 in 1st ODI and 79 in 2nd) than Amir has in his whole career(72 in 444 game.) Not to mention that Amir has played more than double the games that Bumrah has. :facepalm:

He won't become the next Ishant, I doubt anyone can torture us for 73 tests non stop & the youngster still has about half of his career yet to be played out!

I've seen his yorkers, but I've also seen his knee-high full-tosses. Haven't ever seen him reverse-swing the ball. Haven't ever seen him give a nice bouncer. Or a nice out-swinger with the new ball. Or a sneaky slower ball. Too early to judge him.

Your ignorance is at its absolute zenith. First of all, where has Mohammad Amir even come from into this debate? I have not even mentioned him let alone say he is a potential ATG. Dont quote me for something I have not said.

Secondly, why do you want to make this an India vs Pak thing? What even made you think that Im from Pakistan. I just gave my opinion as a neutral cricket fan as to how good or bad I thought Bumrah is/was. Dont like it? Move on. Or have a good debate with some actual arguments.

Your own Wasim Akram said this kid has bowled with this action his whole life. Its not going to injure him or anything. Suppose you know more than Wasim?
I am glad that you agree with wasim akram on bumrah's action. This also means that you agree with wasim on ie lara was a better and superior batter than sachin and others against whom wasim played :D

Some people were hyping him up to already be better than Amir(one of the best ODI bowlers in the world.) Bumrah has already gotten smashed for more runs in a game (81 in 1st ODI and 79 in 2nd) than Amir has in his whole career(72 in 444 game.) Not to mention that Amir has played more than double the games that Bumrah has. :facepalm:

and people are calling him mediocre while he has superior avg to Amir (one of the supposed best ODI bowler, who has only performed on green tracks),
while they touted Amir as an ATG, when he was running rampart on an utterly green Track and totally forget Bumrah also did very well on those green heavens.

Indian bowlers have usually proven to have very short shelf life, but amount of hate in the face of geniunely amazingly stats is ..ehhh.

and people are calling him mediocre while he has superior avg to Amir (one of the supposed best ODI bowler, who has only performed on green tracks),
while they touted Amir as an ATG, when he was running rampart on an utterly green Track and totally forget Bumrah also did very well on those green heavens.

Indian bowlers have usually proven to have very short shelf life, but amount of hate in the face of geniunely amazingly stats is ..ehhh.

Superior average after less than half the number of ODIs. Nobody touted Amir as an ATG. There are no green tracks in ODIs these days unless they are played in Ireland. I haven't seen Bumrah swing the ball on a green track. Look up the word- "mediocre," it does not mean "bad" or "terrible." It means "average" or "amateur" which is exactly what Bumrah is.

Superior average after less than half the number of ODIs. Nobody touted Amir as an ATG. There are no green tracks in ODIs these days unless they are played in Ireland. I haven't seen Bumrah swing the ball on a green track. Look up the word- "mediocre," it does not mean "bad" or "terrible." It means "average" or "amateur" which is exactly what Bumrah is.

Whatever be the definition of mediocre, Bumrah has certainly performed superior to Amir.

and as For ATG tag... i think PP is full of those threads already. Hasn't done anything of note on NZ Australia tour and still being considered a great world class, threads for series of excuses for his miserable below mediocre average.. (dropped catches, missed edges, as if Australian bats dont have edges anymore).

a good death over bowler but overall nothing special shami and b.kumar is alot better than him

Runs by Indian batsmen on Indian pitches don't count because they are bowler's graveyard. Wickets taken by Indian bowlers don't mean much because they are Indian bowlers. Runs by Malik, Anwar, Inzi, Afridi etc. against Indian bowlers in India count as these are different conditions. Some simple rules.

Whatever be the definition of mediocre, Bumrah has certainly performed superior to Amir.

and as For ATG tag... i think PP is full of those threads already. Hasn't done anything of note on NZ Australia tour and still being considered a great world class, threads for series of excuses for his miserable below mediocre average.. (dropped catches, missed edges, as if Australian bats dont have edges anymore).

you should listen to what virat kohli currently best batsmen in the world said about amir i think he is better

judge than you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr1LZ4Imb4Q

Runs by Indian batsmen don't count in Australia, NZ, WI, England (ODIs, except Kohli because he failed), SL, Bangladesh etc. as there were flat pitches. Runs in SA count (for last ODI series, not tests as Indian batsmen performed) as Indian batsmen failed (= so pitches were not flat).

Runs by Indian batsmen on Indian pitches don't count because they are bowler's graveyard. Wickets taken by Indian bowlers don't mean much because they are Indian bowlers. Runs by Malik, Anwar, Inzi, Afridi etc. against Indian bowlers in India count as these are different conditions. Some simple rules.

credit where it is due Every body loves virat kohli because he prove his class every where same with

shami and b.kumar both have done well and every body admires and respect them as far bumrah is

concerned to early to judge him we should wait 1 year atleast to judge him

In Bumrah and B.Kumar we have finally a couple of bowlers that we can "hope" to come good more often than not in death overs. They'll have bad days, no doubt about that but we were never a side that had good death bowlers to begin with, so we can't complain till we get good replacements.

BK and fit Shami can bowl a good spell upfront and someone like Bumran can provide those odd break through in the middle overs and be very handy at death overs.

one of the worst fielders in the world

Yes, this is what happens when you are thrusted straight out of tennis ball cricket. I fear for the day when he would do a Rahat or Gibbs and drop us a crucial catch. His approach to the ball clearly shows he has no experience with cricket ball (he just started playing). Just like any newbie, he is afraid of the approaching ball at that pace and is afraid to attack the ball. I guess, with proper guidance, he can improve.

Runs by Indian batsmen don't count in Australia, NZ, WI, England (ODIs, except Kohli because he failed), SL, Bangladesh etc. as there were flat pitches. Runs in SA count (for last ODI series, not tests as Indian batsmen performed) as Indian batsmen failed (= so pitches were not flat).

That's the perfect logic. ICC should use that for its rankings!

That's the perfect logic. ICC should use that for its rankings!

That post does not makes any sense at all.

All runs in odi count but the sad fact is that despite having fabulous 4(by indian standards) you guys could never win an odi series against saffers. You have played them so many times but not for once you won an odi series in sa. We beat the all time great aussie side in odis while you guys have not won an odi series in aus since i do not know when, heck i do not remember whether you won an odi series against aussies in last 20 years.

Lost the test series aginst england. All you are doing right now is winning at home which is not much of an achievement since almost everyone is winning at home.
[MENTION=68690]Statsman[/MENTION] posting things out of context does not prove anything

Regards

Last edited:
Good support bowler and very good at the death. Won't be a stand out but will do his job.

He won't become the next Ishant, I doubt anyone can torture us for 73 tests non stop & the youngster still has about half of his career yet to be played out!

If he can become the next number 1 bowler ...... he can aswell become the worst. His run has been good uptill now but doubt he can carry the streak on dead and spin tracks. World Class Bowlers don't need condition .... They Just need a bowl and a Batsman infront. He has his flaws and with his awkward action could be seen the likes of Tanvir and Santokie.... Alot of improvement needed and comparatively speaking i would rather go with an unfit Amir, Mustafizur or Hazelwood than rather get my hopes up for Bumrah anywhere,anytime.

On similar flat track, he has performed far better than the hyped Amir and Junaid who have been nothing more than trundling sensations today.

He is average at only one thing, which is bowling yorkers. Everything else, he is of club-level. He shouldn't bowl in the first 10 overs.

I am glad that you agree with wasim akram on bumrah's action. This also means that you agree with wasim on ie lara was a better and superior batter than sachin and others against whom wasim played :D

I havent heard Wasim say that, but as a bowler he will have his own views, and the world knows Pakistanis will have their own biases. It doesnt concern me. If you rate Lara higher, its your choice.

That post does not makes any sense at all.

All runs in odi count but the sad fact is that despite having fabulous 4(by indian standards) you guys could never win an odi series against saffers. You have played them so many times but not for once you won an odi series in sa. We beat the all time great aussie side in odis while you guys have not won an odi series in aus since i do not know when, heck i do not remember whether you won an odi series against aussies in last 20 years.

Lost the test series aginst england. All you are doing right now is winning at home which is not much of an achievement since almost everyone is winning at home.
[MENTION=68690]Statsman[/MENTION] posting things out of context does not prove anything

Regards
Exactly reflects what I said. You point out the following random facts in your post to show India's failings:
1) Pakistan won an ODI series in SA - Yet you ignore the worse performance in tests (3-0, 45 all out).
2) Pakistan drew tests in England.l - Surprisingly you chose tests here and fail to mention about Pakistan's ODI drubbing and India's ODI series win.
3) Pakistan won an ODI series in Australia - Not sure when that happened though. Pakistan has the worst record in Australia for all touring sides in last 20ish years. Btw India won the CB series in Australia in 2008.

Last edited:
On topic - Not sold on him. Needs to have more aggression that should reflect on his face ala Starc or have exceptional skills. Looks a bit meek for now.

1.6 Bumrah to Billings, FOUR
1.4 Bumrah to Billings, SIX
1.2 Bumrah to Billings, FOUR
1.1 Bumrah to Billings, FOUR

What happened here :srt

1.6 Bumrah to Billings, FOUR
1.4 Bumrah to Billings, SIX
1.2 Bumrah to Billings, FOUR
1.1 Bumrah to Billings, FOUR

What happened here :srt

Expected in T20s. First two boundaries were inches away from being a catch. Gave away only 2 in the second over.

His numbers look good but his action upsets me so much that I can't rate him as a matter of principle. :mv

How many times has he taken a wicket on a no ball? He should sort this out otherwise he will be out of the team soon.

Another passenger

Ishant
Shreesanth
Dinda
Kulkarni

I am afraid he would just be an average bowler, three years from here on.

30 out of 33 international matches Bumrah played have been a masterclass in death bowling. Yet we have people here calling him ordinary. :facepalm:

Agreed. India's bowling in T20I is clearly not an issue.

One of the best bowling lineups in the shortest format of the game.

Bumrah easily the best death bowler in the world, by a country mile

Shamsuddin also played his part :)))

This time Kohli used Bumrah just like Dhoni does,as a player Dhoni should be out but the way its going won't mind if he stays a bit because Kohli doesn't seem to be that great in LOI although the batting has come to form at all.

It would be great if he could learn something more than just death bowling. Even otherwise he is valuable addition for t20.In Odi should learn to bowl at the beginning equally well or bowl during last 15 overs only.

Back