Your thoughts on Jasprit Bumrah?

Reading the responses from page 1 is funny now lol.

Seems like nobody rated him, including the Indian posters. Except probably Saj.

Bumrah is probably one of the few players who got transformed from being perceived as a meme player to one of the best in the world. Steve Smith and Jadeja are the only other two who I can think of falling under this category.

Rohit Sharma as well, he was vilified by most posters till he started scoring consistently in white ball cricket in 2014. He is still horribly underrated at test level.

Rohit Sharma as well, he was vilified by most posters till he started scoring consistently in white ball cricket in 2014. He is still horribly underrated at test level.

No, all these players started their careers as truly meme players.

Sharma if I remember was rated as a better talent than Kohli way back when he debuted and played an important innings in the CB series final with Tendulkar. He probably turned from a rated player into a meme player and then again people started to rate him for his contributions in ODI cricket.

Choker, average etc. Once the novelty of his action wear off, he will be the quintessential Indian trundler. Basically the fast bowling version of Kuldeep Yadav. Ishant and Shami are better bowlers. Even Umesh Yadav.

Choker, average etc. Once the novelty of his action wear off, he will be the quintessential Indian trundler. Basically the fast bowling version of Kuldeep Yadav. Ishant and Shami are better bowlers. Even Umesh Yadav.

This is satire, right?

his action is not novel anymore. he is pretty accurate so as long as pitch assists he will succeed

But off late he his an average bowler 21 wickets in 7 test matches.

Yes he has had a frustrating start this year. Not exactly getting the wickets even though he did bowl well. He is too good a bowler. T20 made him so upcoming T20's with England and IPL is where expect he will gain his form again.

Yes he has had a frustrating start this year. Not exactly getting the wickets even though he did bowl well. He is too good a bowler. T20 made him so upcoming T20's with England and IPL is where expect he will gain his form again.
He did well in t20is vs Nz and in ipl but he has been struggling in odis and tests since his comeback he has been struggling to take wickets with the new ball for quite some time

If only he had a cleaner action. Really strange bowling action its not pleasant to watch.

yes he is unconventional but really speaking his bowling action is what piqued my interest. he grows on you slowly so keep watching.

Quality bowler no doubt about that better than anyone Pakistan currently has, but his action is so painful to watch. I don't know how he doesn't get injured more often (hope he stays fit) with this bowling style.

Jasprit Bumrah is getting married this week, many congratulations to him.

90s generation will remember Aravinda de Silva who was once nicknamed Mad Max for his silly dismissals but later transformed into one of the best batsmen of his generation !

Congratulations to Bumrah on his new innings. Cant believe he wore Pink- looked great though.

Congratulation to him for getting married and finding love of his life. Regarding his bowling I think we have now all seen effect of 3 format bowling with his action and body.

No Tanvir action is no where near as ugly as Bumrah but this does not take anything away from Bumrah. The action works for him.

Naa. Tanvir's.action is a miracle and the ugliest along with Paul Adams. Even if you ignore the wrong foot, it's just a freak of nature how he even knows where he's pitching the ball. It's like he has a song in his head that he composed and is dancing to it at the crease. He's a party boy on every ball and he's the only one invited.

Naa. Tanvir's.action is a miracle and the ugliest along with Paul Adams. Even if you ignore the wrong foot, it's just a freak of nature how he even knows where he's pitching the ball. It's like he has a song in his head that he composed and is dancing to it at the crease. He's a party boy on every ball and he's the only one invited.

But what sort of action Bumrah has got? What even is that? to go with such short run up? Its definitely not an advertisement for fast bowlers.

But what sort of action Bumrah has got? What even is that? to go with such short run up? Its definitely not an advertisement for fast bowlers.

It's called conservation of energy. If he can generate pace from that runup he doesn't need to run that far. Also what troubles the batsman is his release point. He releases it very late in the action and bowls what you call the "heavy ball". It's a fraction of second late than every bowler. Add to that his intelligence and he's one of the best. People questioned Malinga for years. But they had to calm down after the performances.

It's called conservation of energy. If he can generate pace from that runup he doesn't need to run that far. Also what troubles the batsman is his release point. He releases it very late in the action and bowls what you call the "heavy ball". It's a fraction of second late than every bowler. Add to that his intelligence and he's one of the best. People questioned Malinga for years. But they had to calm down after the performances.

His performances are not questioned. But if we are talking just action and run its the worst advertisement of fast bowlers.

His performances are not questioned. But if we are talking just action and run its the worst advertisement of fast bowlers.

That's just a perception. Hundreds of millions love his action and the impact. If he had a regular action I doubt he'd be this successful. That late release and the snap of the arm, good wrist are the reasons for his success. And you can't do that with a run of the mill text book action. People questioned Wasim's wrong foot at the crease too but his quick release and that incredible wrist were the reasons for his success. Mere mortals don't often understand the USP of the geniuses until after they are gone.

That's just a perception. Hundreds of millions love his action and the impact. If he had a regular action I doubt he'd be this successful. That late release and the snap of the arm, good wrist are the reasons for his success. And you can't do that with a run of the mill text book action. People questioned Wasim's wrong foot at the crease too but his quick release and that incredible wrist were the reasons for his success. Mere mortals don't often understand the USP of the geniuses until after they are gone.

I guess you mean to say you love his action. Compare that to say shami action and you will know just how ugly its.

I guess you mean to say you love his action. Compare that to say shami action and you will know just how ugly its.

Yes I like his action for it's effectiveness. I like how Indian management hasn't tried to mess with it. Instead they taught him the skills to be the best version of himself. I like Shami's action but don't like the way he gets slaughtered in the death overs. I also like Steve Smith's batting. His trigger movements with that twitchy unease at the crease don't bother me at all. His awkwardness and the seemingly ugly hoicks are totally not discussion worthy because the man is one of the best test players ever. Great ones dont conform to our standards. They chart their own paths and always find a way.

Yes I like his action for it's effectiveness. I like how Indian management hasn't tried to mess with it. Instead they taught him the skills to be the best version of himself. I like Shami's action but don't like the way he gets slaughtered in the death overs. I also like Steve Smith's batting. His trigger movements with that twitchy unease at the crease don't bother me at all. His awkwardness and the seemingly ugly hoicks are totally not discussion worthy because the man is one of the best test players ever. Great ones dont conform to our standards. They chart their own paths and always find a way.

Steve Smith doesnt look as bad Bumrah is one of the ugliest action around. But anyway this is not discussing any further who cares

Steve Smith doesnt look as bad Bumrah is one of the ugliest action around. But anyway this is not discussing any further who cares

You seem to be liking the outcome of his bowling but are very deeply hurt by the way his action looks. My suggestion is to just blink a bit longer when he's bowling. That way you can still see the beautiful delivery but don't have to see the ugly action.

You seem to be liking the outcome of his bowling but are very deeply hurt by the way his action looks. My suggestion is to just blink a bit longer when he's bowling. That way you can still see the beautiful delivery but don't have to see the ugly action.

Of course I like what he has done so far in his career in terms of bowling which is very accurate and he is also a good executor of captain / coach plan and does not get emotional unless being taken by surprise by opposition batsmen very early which obviously can happen to anyone.

Had the time, just went thru a few older posts on this thread...amazing at how many wrote jazzboom off and where he is today, the negativity etc....any ways, I felt his best series was that 2019 series in WI, the Yorkers he bowled in both tests were simply waqaresque...a pity he was injured after that and since then he is still a major threat but not what he was before. In that series, the kind of deliveries he bowled would have taken most batsmen of most eras on most pitches....still I gather its too small a sample size.
The thing that gobsmacks me is the amount of opinion on his action....end of the day its super effective, it gets wickets...and we win more than we loose... and that what matters - to me at least - And for that matter steve smith or Marnus or even neil wagner or akial dhananjaya or fawad A or rahkim cornwall aint that pretty either... ..., but they win games - don't care if u take the Ferrari to the supermarket or the average joe Toyota, as long as u get the shopping done and are back.
The real challenge to jazzboom is now, with increasing age, his back has to get stronger to bear the continuous onslaught of his unsual bowling action...but I still would give credit to the management setup who didn't tinker with his action, with Bharat arun the most under rated coach going around to get him to where he is....Go Jazz-boom :salute

I don't know why but I feel like Babar Azam, Bumrah is also finding it hard to make a right balance across all three formats. The skill sets are there no doubt.

Someone like Virat did it brilliantly and hence he is so much successful in all three formats.

I don't know why but I feel like Babar Azam, Bumrah is also finding it hard to make a right balance across all three formats. The skill sets are there no doubt.

Someone like Virat did it brilliantly and hence he is so much successful in all three formats.

It's far easier for batsmen than it is for bowlers.

Just want to point out that Bumrah for me is an ATG now. What a bowler he is. In the last 5 years he has done absolute miracles for team India. Took numerous match winning 5 wickets hauls. Defo the greatest bowler of this generation. He will break many more records yet. Guys cherish him whilst he’s here.

If Hasnain chucks it then Bumrah chucks it too.
Just goes to show that you can't always trust your eye and so the only way to know for sure is to have his action tested.

Until then I will maintain my view that he has a chink in his action

Just goes to show that you can't always trust your eye and so the only way to know for sure is to have his action tested.

Totally agree on you with this they have killed off hasnain career before it even started and Bumrah had been allowed to bowl and become a GOAT worth that action is absurd. They just can’t take it and are destroying and targeting Pakistan cricket

There is no law in cricket that says that everytime a Pakistani is caught chucking, an Indian must be tested.

Bumrah looks like a clear case of hyperextension. Watch his action in slow-mo and you will see the elbow is very similar to how Shoaib was.

He is categorically not a chucker, and we should refrain from this witch hunt against a talented bowler just because a Pakistani got done for chucking.

Bumrah looks like a clear case of hyperextension. Watch his action in slow-mo and you will see the elbow is very similar to how Shoaib was.

He is categorically not a chucker, and we should refrain from this witch hunt against a talented bowler just because a Pakistani got done for chucking.

Yea I understand what you’re saying but it is clear for everyone to see hasnain has one of thé cleanest action on the international scene and still he’s got done for it so it begs the question either these testing systems are crap or they need to change the rules and increase the threshold to 25 degrees because every bowler chucks if this is the case with hasnain

Just because a Pakistani bowler was caught cheating by bowling illegaly doesnt mean you go bashing Indian bowlers.

Thank god Sohail Tanvir wasn't Indian, or else Pakistani fans would had called him a chucker :))

Jasprit Bumrah has an unorthodox action, but you can clearly tell he isn't throwing the ball

There is no law in cricket that says that everytime a Pakistani is caught chucking, an Indian must be tested.

You continue to demonstrate your national extremism.
Take those glasses of for one moment and don't assume everything is about India vs Pakistan

Not at all
His elbow should be pointing straight down the wicket if it was just Hyperextension.

Watch his action closely and see which way his elbow is pointing when he delivers the ball

Not at all
His elbow should be pointing straight down the wicket if it was just Hyperextension.

Watch his action closely and see which way his elbow is pointing when he delivers the ball

Why would his elbow have to be pointing straight down the wicket for it to just be hyperextension?

Yea I understand what you’re saying but it is clear for everyone to see hasnain has one of thé cleanest action on the international scene and still he’s got done for it so it begs the question either these testing systems are crap or they need to change the rules and increase the threshold to 25 degrees because every bowler chucks if this is the case with hasnain

You have a scientific explanation for the limit to be increased upto 25 degrees?

If Hasnain was clean, his reports would have been clean too.

You continue to demonstrate your national extremism.
Take those glasses of for one moment and don't assume everything is about India vs Pakistan

This is about India and Pakistan.

Hasnain was reported in bbl, tested in Lahore and found to be chucking. What has Bumrah got to do here?

Not at all

Who said this? Why should his elbow be pointing straight?

Why would his elbow have to be pointing straight down the wicket for it to just be hyperextension?

Leave hyperextension.

Striaghten your upper limb fully. Point your elbow striaght down the ground. See which way your palm is facing and how easy it is to bowl that way.

Not at all

This is second time you've mentioned that Bumrah's elbow should point straight down to batsman. (Once in Hasnain specific thread).

I am actually curious to know how come elbow can point towards batsman for any fast bowler.
I can understand for leg/wrist spinner but for fast bowler?

I didn't watch him much but in his thread most of people (pak supporters) agrees his action look suspicious..

😂 I can’t but laugh at this. Hasnain has the cleanest action I have ever seen in world cricket and these pictures are clear proof of that. But wow bumrah arms there is definitely more than 30 degrees of hasnain is more than 20 degrees lol… absolutely disgraceful what they have done to the poor lad hasnain deprived him of a living which is the saddest part.

�� I can’t but laugh at this. Hasnain has the cleanest action I have ever seen in world cricket and these pictures are clear proof of that. But wow bumrah arms there is definitely more than 30 degrees of hasnain is more than 20 degrees lol… absolutely disgraceful what they have done to the poor lad hasnain deprived him of a living which is the saddest part.

he's not banned from cricket, just cant bowl internationally, he can play bowl for club teams= earns money that way

he's not banned from cricket, just cant bowl internationally, he can play bowl for club teams= earns money that way

He should be earning big contracts with his talent he won’t stick around playing club cricket earning peanuts… so in essence his career is all but over by this ridiculous ban.. how clean can his action get just don’t get it… well it is what it is I guess

This is second time you've mentioned that Bumrah's elbow should point straight down to batsman. (Once in Hasnain specific thread).

I am actually curious to know how come elbow can point towards batsman for any fast bowler.
I can understand for leg/wrist spinner but for fast bowler?

It's the hyperextension.

Compare Bumrah's elbow position to any other bowler just prior to releasing the ball.

It's the hyperextension.

Compare Bumrah's elbow position to any other bowler just prior to releasing the ball.

I don’t think either of them chucks but my argument is if Hasnain chucks Bumrah 100% chucks because apparently hasnain deliveries were found to be exceeding 20 degrees which is shocking in itself however bumrah deliveries definitely and easily exceed 30 degrees
And I’m sure with the pictures and proof at hand there’s no arguing this

He should be earning big contracts with his talent he won’t stick around playing club cricket earning peanuts… so in essence his career is all but over by this ridiculous ban.. how clean can his action get just don’t get it… well it is what it is I guess

the rule / ban isn't ridiculous - its fair, he can make money with club cricket, sooner he fixes it the sooner the better for him. he should be earning big contracts- well that's down to his performances = which hasn't been that good, he just had pace / no one given him a big contract as it is.

the rule / ban isn't ridiculous - its fair, he can make money with club cricket, sooner he fixes it the sooner the better for him. he should be earning big contracts- well that's down to his performances = which hasn't been that good, he just had pace / no one given him a big contract as it is.

Well your wrong he had big contracts currently playing for his PSL team and also the Big bash league in Australia where he was ripping through teams so they decided to just ban him… and you keep saying he should fix his action but I’m sorry there is nothing to fix as his action is clean as it gets. Now go look at that picture where bumrah action is much worse and he defo exceeds 30 degrees limit threshold

Last edited:
Well your wrong he had big contracts currently playing for his PSL team and also the Big bash league in Australia where he was ripping through teams so they decided to just ban him… and you keep saying he should fix his action but I’m sorry there is nothing to fix as his action is clean as it gets. Now go look at that picture where bumrah action is much worse and he defo exceeds 30 degrees limit threshold

those contracts were not big, they were very decent,

1- bbl is a really poor t20 league, look at his performances in the psl - it was the testing in pakistan which lead him to be banned, due to his bouncer exceeded the limit- which makes the international ban justifiable - as he can still play in club games in pakistan to work on his new delivery - remember its just the bouncer which is illegal.

2- thr is a problem, as the testing was correct, your not an expert, the people who did the tests are.
i've seen the bumrah picture - not down to me to ban him or even report him - it has to come from an umpire or within the indian setup. If neither report him - he wont be tested - so no ban can occur

How can results show different ?

😂 I can’t but laugh at this. Hasnain has the cleanest action I have ever seen in world cricket and these pictures are clear proof of that. But wow bumrah arms there is definitely more than 30 degrees of hasnain is more than 20 degrees lol… absolutely disgraceful what they have done to the poor lad hasnain deprived him of a living which is the saddest part.

Bowling with bend arm doesn't mean chucking, if they can bowl with bend arm without extending it's perfectly legal.. and you can't say it's chucking or not in a picture..

The loss of Siraj brought Bumrah's effectiveness down in SA a bit but batting was the main culprit.. Nevertheless still bowled well, imo one of the modern great fast bowlers of this era...

:)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People saying Bumrah chucks it when he doesn't and 'why' is Hasnain under the scanner. To clear up what I am seeing, here is likely what ICC were interested in. I mentioned a while ago it was worth addressing this for Hasnain. <a href="https://t.co/53IkLOXbCM">pic.twitter.com/53IkLOXbCM</a></p>— Ian Pont 🇬🇧 (@Ponty100mph) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ponty100mph/status/1490735679898329090?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 7, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This should explain everything.

Watch: Jasprit Bumrah Gives Fitness Update, Shares Video Of His Intense Training Session

India's marquee pacer Jasprit Bumrah, who has been out of action since the September 2022, is on his way to making a full recovery. Bumrah has had a few injury struggles this year, and it was right before the T20 World Cup that the news of him being sidelined for a lengthy period broke. The pacer, who is presently at the National Cricket Academy, undergoing rehab, shared a video of one of his training sessions, giving fans some hope of his comeback in the near future.

Bumrah isn't a part of India's squad for the New Zealand tour. He hasn't been named in the team for the Bangladesh series either. The 28-year-old, widely considered one of the finest pacers across formats in the game, has still at the start of his rehab. Though there's no official confirmation from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the pacer could remain sidelined for at least a couple of more months.

On Friday, Bumrah posted a motivational video of him undergoing some training sessions, with the caption: "Never easy, but always worth it".

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Never easy, but always worth it �� <a href="https://t.co/aJhz7jCsxQ">pic.twitter.com/aJhz7jCsxQ</a></p>— Jasprit Bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jaspritbumrah93/status/1596085357397016576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In the video, he could be seen doing a few running drills.

Bumrah had missed both the Asia Cup and the T20 World Cup this year. In his absence, the Indian bowling unit did suffer a lot. In fact, Bumrah's absence has been cited as one of the primary reasons behind the team's below-par performance in the two multi-team tournaments.

The BCCI is expected to take some cautious steps in order to ensure that the player recovers well and remains fit for the ODI World Cup that is to take place in India this year. Considering the stature Bumrah holds in the Indian team, seeing him miss another big tournament isn't something the board would welcome this time.

NDTV

Last edited:
Watch: Jasprit Bumrah Gives Fitness Update, Shares Video Of His Intense Training Session

India's marquee pacer Jasprit Bumrah, who has been out of action since the September 2022, is on his way to making a full recovery. Bumrah has had a few injury struggles this year, and it was right before the T20 World Cup that the news of him being sidelined for a lengthy period broke. The pacer, who is presently at the National Cricket Academy, undergoing rehab, shared a video of one of his training sessions, giving fans some hope of his comeback in the near future.

Bumrah isn't a part of India's squad for the New Zealand tour. He hasn't been named in the team for the Bangladesh series either. The 28-year-old, widely considered one of the finest pacers across formats in the game, has still at the start of his rehab. Though there's no official confirmation from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the pacer could remain sidelined for at least a couple of more months.

On Friday, Bumrah posted a motivational video of him undergoing some training sessions, with the caption: "Never easy, but always worth it".

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Never easy, but always worth it �� <a href="https://t.co/aJhz7jCsxQ">pic.twitter.com/aJhz7jCsxQ</a></p>— Jasprit Bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jaspritbumrah93/status/1596085357397016576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In the video, he could be seen doing a few running drills.

Bumrah had missed both the Asia Cup and the T20 World Cup this year. In his absence, the Indian bowling unit did suffer a lot. In fact, Bumrah's absence has been cited as one of the primary reasons behind the team's below-par performance in the two multi-team tournaments.

The BCCI is expected to take some cautious steps in order to ensure that the player recovers well and remains fit for the ODI World Cup that is to take place in India this year. Considering the stature Bumrah holds in the Indian team, seeing him miss another big tournament isn't something the board would welcome this time.

NDTV

Looks like he has gained some weight.

Brilliant in T20's. Top top category.

Good in ODI's, very economical, but lacks the wicket taking bowls. Doesn't strike enough with the new ball and in the midle overs.

Very good in tests. Has some very good performances and won matches for India. Although he also underperformed in some matches India should have won but finished on a loosing side.
Not tested enough in Asian conditions also.

Overall a very good package, and without doubt India's best fast bowler. I just feel he is not the same and has regressed but let's see when he comes back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People saying Bumrah chucks it when he doesn't and 'why' is Hasnain under the scanner. To clear up what I am seeing, here is likely what ICC were interested in. I mentioned a while ago it was worth addressing this for Hasnain. <a href="https://t.co/53IkLOXbCM">pic.twitter.com/53IkLOXbCM</a></p>— Ian Pont 🇬🇧 (@Ponty100mph) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ponty100mph/status/1490735679898329090?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 7, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This should explain everything.
He should have been tested in a biomechanics lab using proper equipment and tools.

Back