Yuvraj Singh - A destructive player in limited overs Cricket

"Thank you Sir Viv Richards! This is the biggest compliment I've ever received! Hopefully one day I can bat like you in Test cricket," UV tweeted.

you have enough compliment to show up your caliber UV ....now its up-to you that how you going to be as a player in remaining part of your career ....

we[UV fans .. :D ] hope & pray for you to do wonder in your last attempt soon .. common UV you can do it......:)

Its such a shame... Yuvraj has not delivered on his natural talent and he could have been a fantastic player. Time is running out for him but I hope he gets serious with his game and gets himself fit! For that to happen, no one should mollycoddle him!

are you kidding me?? umar akmal is the best ever!

Umar Akmal is equivalent to the summation of Bradman,Sobers,Viv,Lara and Tendulkar talentwise.But he doesn't like to show his true powers because he wants to give others also a chance to hog the limelight unlike the selfish people I mentioned above.
:bow:

Umar Akmal is equivalent to the summation of Bradman,Sobers,Viv,Lara and Tendulkar talentwise.But he doesn't like to show his true powers because he wants to give others also a chance to hog the limelight unlike the selfish people I mentioned above.

so are all the indian bowlers like irfan wasim patan zaheer mcgrath sreesant headly and hashish nehra :nehra ..but they dont like to show there true powers coz they want to give others a chance to hog the limelight :vicky

so are all the indian bowlers like irfan wasim patan zaheer mcgrath sreesant headly and hashish nehra :nehra ..but they dont like to show there true powers coz they want to give others a chance to hog the limelight :vicky

that word is :asif copyright in cricket! how dare you use it on:nehra

are you kidding me?? umar akmal is the best ever!

umar akmal can destroy any bowling line up on his day ..have u seen him in t20s vs aussies and saffers? ..hes just out of foam these days ... he will be back with a bang in the WC on asian road pitches :umarakmal

people are highly mistaken here, 'bat' is actually Antiguan slang for this:

beer-belly.jpg

:nehra

Like his team mate Laxman, Yuvi also cannot play quality fast bowlers :gul

[UTUBE]gVI6_m4b0tA[/UTUBE]

Just like how FTBs Younis, Yousuf couldnt face the swinging deliveries of Pathan :)))
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxBxyA4Y9i4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxBxyA4Y9i4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

@dondu

damn man.dont post that hatrick video.the guy should have gone places by now.sad

Yuvraj singh is destructive yes but he is one of the less sensible people as well.same was the case with symonds

Just like how FTBs Younis, Yousuf couldnt face the swinging deliveries of Pathan :)))
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxBxyA4Y9i4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxBxyA4Y9i4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

haha...so you people talking ybt the game, where pak after 39-6 still managed to win the game by over 350 runs and in the 2nd innigs all pak batsmen scored over 50 runs, till pak declared the innings to give indian guests some rest ....

Mate, we are not talking about mindless sloggers from Pakistan here. What i have so far seen him against any teams in T20's and ODI's, he is brilliant player with extreme talent.

It started against us in ENG in 2001 Natwest series and boy he is good. Don't even compare him with your sloggers. it's a shame.

Who won this game?:bhanja

Yuvi is destructive at his best..everyone knows that. He will have to perform really well to regain his side in the tests though. Don't see it happening soon, if Raina fails consistently then he will be back by default I think but I don't really know. Selectors can act on their whim sometimes.

Surprised to see Shiv Chanderpaul in there. I would think the GAYLE force is way more destructive...just that he needs to take his tests seriously. Or is he retired from tests already.. I hope not.

Yuvraj is a fantastic player when he keeps his brain cool and blood hot

I think old Viv has been taking a break from watching cricket :D

Just like how FTBs Younis, Yousuf couldnt face the spinning deliveries of Pathan :)))
Fixed.
By the way who won this match?

And those looked more like spinning deliveries to me than swinging.
And people with glass houses should NOT throw stones at others.Get your "great" batsmen outta those flat pitches of subcontinent and then we will see who is FTB :)))

Yuvraj Singh is the perfect example of how bad attitude can destroy a wonderful talent. The moment you think yourself to be bigger than the game, it will start haunting you and bite you back, which is what is happening to Yuvi now. At 29, time is fast running out for him. It's the now or never time for him.

Hopefully he can turn it around somehow and make use of that immense natural talent of his.

Last edited:
Yuvraj Singh is the perfect example of how bad attitude can destroy a wonderful talent. The moment you think yourself to be bigger than the game, it will start haunting you and bite you back, which is what is happening to Yuvi now. At 29, time is fast running out for him. It's the now or never time for him.

Hopefully he can turn it around somehow and make use of that immense natural talent of his.

true ..

but i dont think he will make it to indian team again .raina has taken his place and is doing a great job ..evan if raina fails there r likes of tiwari and many more young batsmens who r better then yuvi ..it will take a miracle for him to make it to indian team again ..and sad thing is he cant blame anyone except himself for the situation hes put himself into

since we are talking about 'at his best'. Afridi is more destructive when on song ;)

oh boy, did i say that out loud?

Like his team mate Laxman, Yuvi also cannot play quality fast bowlers :gul

[UTUBE]gVI6_m4b0tA[/UTUBE]

Cool bouncer...Interestingly...the scoreline on this video read 193-3 in 30 overs....Now if someteam cannot handle bouncers but still score at that rate its..ok

VIV is right yes he is destructive but with.....

Attachments

• preityzintaaz4.jpg
    preityzintaaz4.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 172
This to me is proof that Viv Richards still smokes pot.

The Yuraj statement is ok but its the Shiva bit which is worrying. I could understand if he said Gayle but not Shiva.

Is it just the Indians trying to get an ethnic Indian slant to it?

The Yuraj statement is ok but its the Shiva bit which is worrying. I could understand if he said Gayle but not Shiva.

Is it just the Indians trying to get an ethnic Indian slant to it?

Well in one dayers or twenty twenty I could pay those comments, but he is not a complete test player.

So to me he fails the biggest test.

Well in one dayers or twenty twenty I could pay those comments, but he is not a complete test player.

So to me he fails the biggest test.

I suspect that IVA is referring to slogfests. If he's talking about tests - yes I agree he must have been having a session whilst listening to some roots & reggae

I don't think any country actually fears Chanderpaul in limited over cricket. Gayle is the key wicket and player to fear for WI in those formats and everyone knows it.

As for Yuvraj, I can only think Viv is trying to raise his popularity in India. No team with a fast bowler has anything to fear from Yuvraj and he is not fit enough to maintain any kind fof consistency to be a really feared player like Hayden was or Sehwag IS.

:inti hmm ok now Intikabh knows the secret...hell convince Umar to show his talents...All the teams in world are now in trouble:akhtar

Yuvraj Singh Appreciation Thread

What a tournament this guy is having. A true match winner and very underrated when you compare it to guys like Sehwag and Tendulkar.

Well Done to Yuvi but I hope that was his last good performance in this world cup.

lol I keep screwing players name everyday. First it was ajmal and now its singh.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a very good finisher. If he gets well set no total looks safe.

Look how nervous dhoni was compared to Yuvi. Captaincy hasn't gotten to Dhoni I think.

His form in this tournament has come out of nowhere. I think his batting is feeding off his bowling and vice versa - it's all about confidence. Although he does bowl some filthy deliveries and get wickets. Inshallah he'll do it all again against Pakistani next week :)

How effortlessly he played Tait who was touching 153 km/hr and Lee who was touching 148 km/hr. Walloped them to all parts of the ground as if he was facing net bowlers.

If he continues this, the 2011 world cup could end up finishing as being known as Yuvraj's world cup

Had a dream world twenty20 in 07, we won. Now paving it for another glory man. Four man of the matches in 7 matches. Even if we lose next he has assured him the man of tourney ALREADY

btw I can say ..UV still not in full flow .....best is yet to come ....:D

Don't worry, his long walk of shame after getting out on a duck will also be on display in the semi-final. :ajmal

Then only will he have delivered the full Yuvraj Singh package.

He played with no fear, and that's how Pakistan should play against India next week, obviously with some caution.

him and afridi competing for the player of the tournament without a doubt.......we need to dismiss yuvraj early...thats for sure....him and tendu.......their the key...

UV.......:D

UV let this to happen again in next match ...:D

All the very best UV ....u'll Shine like a Gold in next matches too ....

UV GOD help those who help themselves..... All the best...

Attachments

• art_svYUVRAJ-420x0.jpg
    art_svYUVRAJ-420x0.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 435
He will be a real threat in the SF. With the both ball and the bat.

Has been in tremendous form with the bat and ball this WC.

How effortlessly he played Tait who was touching 153 km/hr and Lee who was touching 148 km/hr. Walloped them to all parts of the ground as if he was facing net bowlers.

Talent !
Has lived all his career with the ultimate underachiever tag, now finally doing justice to the natural gift he is possessed with.

He is up there ............

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zlVaARhOBHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but I want this .....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SH-BZNBHJhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Common UV ...:D

Abey yaar keep the tamashbeen IPL out of this.

a performance in this junkiest of junk of a tournament shdnt be spilling over in threads like this.

Abey yaar keep the tamashbeen IPL out of this.

a performance in this junkiest of junk of a tournament shdnt be spilling over in threads like this.

calm down buddy ...whether tamasha or not ...that's really really wonderful performance both with bat & ball....:D

Common UV ...:D:D:D:D

Yuvraj shows support for Sonu

India's World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh proved to be more heroic off the field than on it, announcing a Rs. 1 lakh monetary help to national level football and volleyball player Arunima Sinha (Sonu) who lost her leg after being thrown out of a running train by men who had tried to rob her, according to a report in the Telegraph.

Yuvraj said Sonu was a "brave sportsperson" and wished her a speedy recovery.

"It is really unfortunate and tragic with what has happened to Arunima. She must be a brave sportsperson who came forward to fight against robbery. I know the loss is irreparable, but I would like to offer her this little contribution of Rs one lakh," he said in a statement issued by the 'Yuvraj Singh Foundation'.

"I wish her a speedy recovery and in future, if she needs some help, she can always contact me," he added.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/39848/yuvraj-shows-support-for-sonu

But I think they could've done that in private though thats only my opinion.

But I think they could've done that in private though thats only my opinion.

If she has been offered to receive financial help privately before UV & Bhajji decided to help, then your opinion is justified

Back