Zainab Abbas leaves India after furore over ‘Anti-Hindu’ statements on social media

I find this all too coincidental, I mean had she posted these tweets in the past week or month ago, then I get it, but tweets from 9 years ago now suddenly make an appearance during the WC?

Sounds to me like she was asked out by an Indian, and she said no, and then the revenge ensued.

Plus the Tendulkar tweet is nothing and the very subject in the Tweet has been discussed on PP a number of times.

And frankly the use of expletives probably caused more offence.

I was more mature 10 years seems to be the opposite with her.

Irrespective I have seen many Pakistanis 10 years ago online mock Hindu Gods as well unlike Bangladeshis who are used to seeing Hindus , Pakistanis aren’t so probably makes sense where she came from.

I find this all too coincidental, I mean had she posted these tweets in the past week or month ago, then I get it, but tweets from 9 years ago now suddenly make an appearance during the WC?

Sounds to me like she was asked out by an Indian, and she said no, and then the revenge ensued.

Plus the Tendulkar tweet is nothing and the very subject in the Tweet has been discussed on PP a number of times.

And frankly the use of expletives probably caused more offence.
Even Ollie Robinson tweeted things in 2013 and was penalised for it. Did a jilted ex-lover did that to him too? Forget 9 years Salman Rushdie has been hounded for over 30 years whats your excuse for that? She tweeted those for whatever reasons and apologized for it so matter closed. Though it would have done her lesser damage if she had done it a week ago.

Even Ollie Robinson tweeted things in 2013 and was penalised for it. Did a jilted ex-lover did that to him too? Forget 9 years Salman Rushdie has been hounded for over 30 years whats your excuse for that? She tweeted those for whatever reasons and apologized for it so matter closed. Though it would have done her lesser damage if she had done it a week ago.
I don't think her apologising a week ago would have made a difference. In the UK an apology has more value than in the SC.

And I never mentioned ex jilted lover, so not sure where you got that idea from.

Look, don't be shocked by her comments, they are not earth shattering like most of you are making it out to be. Pakistanis get together in private and say a lot worse, equally when Indians get together in private they say a lot worse than Ramesh Bidhuri, Nupur Sharma, and Naveen Kumar Jindal combined.

Public apologies are designed for damage control, that's it, not for redemption.

Nupur Sharma's suspension/expulsion had nothing to do with her feeling sorry, but everything to do with the BJP protecting the Muslim voter bank in India, and relations between India and Islamic nations. Do you think her opinion changed after she was suspended? No.

So, Zainab Abbas apologising doesn't close the matter, she will not get her job back, and such views from both sides will continue in private, and I am sure there will be another public slip up again.

I don't think her apologising a week ago would have made a difference. In the UK an apology has more value than in the SC.

And I never mentioned ex jilted lover, so not sure where you got that idea from.

Look, don't be shocked by her comments, they are not earth shattering like most of you are making it out to be. Pakistanis get together in private and say a lot worse, equally when Indians get together in private they say a lot worse than Ramesh Bidhuri, Nupur Sharma, and Naveen Kumar Jindal combined.

Public apologies are designed for damage control, that's it, not for redemption.

Nupur Sharma's suspension/expulsion had nothing to do with her feeling sorry, but everything to do with the BJP protecting the Muslim voter bank in India, and relations between India and Islamic nations. Do you think her opinion changed after she was suspended? No.

So, Zainab Abbas apologising doesn't close the matter, she will not get her job back, and such views from both sides will continue in private, and I am sure there will be another public slip up again.
There is a difference though between Nupur and Zainab - Nupur didn’t come to your country on a visa after uttering those vile words. She is still in hiding in her own country and probably will have to hide for the rest of her life as she is a marked person.

Zainab on the other hand will go unpunished. She will lose Indian gigs yes, but I am sure considering the support she has received she will be back in some capacity in Pakistan in the near future, mainly because the Hindu community there is powerless and won’t do anything. Not that I want anything to happen to her - just pointing out the difference in the political clout of the minority population in both the countries.

There is a difference though between Nupur and Zainab - Nupur didn’t come to your country on a visa after uttering those vile words. She is still in hiding in her own country and probably will have to hide for the rest of her life as she is a marked person.

Zainab on the other hand will go unpunished. She will lose Indian gigs yes, but I am sure considering the support she has received she will be back in some capacity in Pakistan in the near future, mainly because the Hindu community there is powerless and won’t do anything. Not that I want anything to happen to her - just pointing out the difference in the political clout of the minority population in both the countries.
So coming to India after uttering those vile words makes all the difference does it? Nope, what Nupar did was far worse because she was representing the GoI government, which claims to be secular, and what's more when you're in the government, consequences extend to the international communities which is precisely why governments of Saudi and Qatar made their condemnation known in public and the BJP had no option but to react quickly by suspending her. Nupar had embarrassed the government of India, whereas Zainab at best embarrassed a sporting body/TV channel.

What did Zainab say? She asked why Indians do not produce fast bowlers vis-a-vis vegetarians, cow urine, and a Hindu God. ALL of these topics have been discussed in the TP forum.

in other words, it is not Zainab's opinion that has caused offence, it is the way she expressed them using expletives that has caused offence.

Save the unpunished line, just like Nupar, Zainab has paid the price with her job, but you are mistaken if you think she is a 'marked' individual. I bet she doesn't care about losing Indian gigs, but she is banking on getting more gigs in Pakistan given the amount of support she is already getting on social media.

So coming to India after uttering those vile words makes all the difference does it? Nope, what Nupar did was far worse because she was representing the GoI government, which claims to be secular, and what's more when you're in the government, consequences extend to the international communities which is precisely why governments of Saudi and Qatar made their condemnation known in public and the BJP had no option but to react quickly by suspending her. Nupar had embarrassed the government of India, whereas Zainab at best embarrassed a sporting body/TV channel.

What did Zainab say? She asked why Indians do not produce fast bowlers vis-a-vis vegetarians, cow urine, and a Hindu God. ALL of these topics have been discussed in the TP forum.

in other words, it is not Zainab's opinion that has caused offence, it is the way she expressed them using expletives that has caused offence.

Save the unpunished line, just like Nupar, Zainab has paid the price with her job, but you are mistaken if you think she is a 'marked' individual. I bet she doesn't care about losing Indian gigs, but she is banking on getting more gigs in Pakistan given the amount of support she is already getting on social media.
Dude, thanks for proving my point that Zainab will get more gigs because of this.

And I was referring to Nupur Sharma as the marked person (not Zainab), because she is virtually hiding since her vile dialogues. She is marked for life & her political career is over.

Dude, thanks for proving my point that Zainab will get more gigs because of this.

And I was referring to Nupur Sharma as the marked person (not Zainab), because she is virtually hiding since her vile dialogues. She is marked for life & her political career is over.
So you have then also proven that what Nupur Sharma said had far worse consequences than Zainab coming to India and getting exposed for Tweets made 9 years ago.

And no, I didn't say Zainab will get more gigs, I said she is banking on getting more gigs.

No, it doesn't. We can only deal with, and judge people by their looks and actions. Their intentions aren't something that human beings can know.
I highly contend. She has not demonstrated actions that would justify labeling her a liberal Muslim. You mentioned something about her not covering her head either which does not necessarily equate to being liberal but rather a sinful Muslim, which every Muslim is. So I would ask what looks and actions you might be talking about but this isn't the place for it and we probably won't be allowed to converse about this so I'll just leave you with this -- be careful of falling into any of the 3 things I mentioned. Read 49:12-13

So, she has finally come to clear things up. She apologized as well. So I guess she should be forgiven as she was immature then.

Would be interesting to view the timeframe of when she made those remarks. Quite a few Pakistani cricketers made silly comments once it became clear that the BCCI was following govt directives to try to isolate and damage Pakistan cricket, a policy they are still aggressively pursuing today.

That can't excuse her words where her emotions will have got the better of her, as a Pakistani she should have maintained her Islamic standards of being respectful regardless of what evil intent was on display by others.

She got caught red handed and tried to ignore it. Living in a bubble and thought it would be fade quickly because she speaks good English. Islam doesn't tell us to insult another religion. So quite rightly she was told to pack her bags and leave.

Not a good look trying to be all smiley and charming when you have insulted the host country's major religion.

She got caught red handed and tried to ignore it. Living in a bubble and thought it would be fade quickly because she speaks good English. Islam doesn't tell us to insult another religion. So quite rightly she was told to pack her bags and leave.

Not a good look trying to be all smiley and charming when you have insulted the host country's major religion.
Absolutely spot on.

A sensible post on the issue.

Incredible that some are trying to play the victim card here.

Back