Zimbabwe (115/9) hand a shocking 13-run defeat to India (102) in the 1st T20I

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The Indian team is embarking on a new journey as the torch is passed to the younger generation, with seasoned veterans like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Ravindra Jadeja stepping away from the shortest format.

The upcoming five-match T20I series marks the dawn of a fresh chapter in India’s T20I cricket, with Shubman Gill at the helm of a youthful side filled with IPL stars.

8bp1IjU.jpeg

Squads:

India
Squad: Shubman Gill(c), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag, Dhruv Jurel(w), Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Ravi Bishnoi, Sai Sudharsan, Jitesh Sharma, Tushar Deshpande, Harshit Rana

Zimbabwe Squad: Brian Bennett, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Sikandar Raza(c), Johnathan Campbell, Clive Madande(w), Innocent Kaia, Wessly Madhevere, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava, Tendai Chatara, Brandon Mavuta, Dion Myers, Faraz Akram, Antum Naqvi

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Wonder if India cricketing public will pay attention to this series?

Toss Update:

India have won the toss and have opted to field

Zimbabwe Playing XI: Wessly Madhevere, Innocent Kaia, Brian Bennett, Sikandar Raza (c), Dion Myers, Johnathan Campbell, Clive Madande (wk), Wellington Masakadza, Luke Jongwe, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara

India Playing XI: Shubman Gill (c), Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Dhruv Jurel (wk), Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed

Last edited:
With such a big population there will always be people interested in cricket matches anytime if the year!

Mukesh will be an inspiration for all the quota players .After unadkat he is a true hope of light for all of those mediocre players

Benett and camball these two players are the future for Zim. I hope they do well

After a long time indian opener is bowling like a proper bowler. I think after sachins retirement, almost like 11 years

There's potential in Sharma's SLA. Certainly better than Yuvi.

Be nice of Gill can give an over or two to Parag as well.

Its win win situation for India 👍🏻
But sad to see trundlers like Mukesh, Avesh and Khaleel in action.
It was ideal platform to choose Mayank, Mohsin and Harshit, but selectors missed the trick.
Excited to see Abhishek, Parag, Jurel and Rinku 👍🏻
Washington is going to serve for India for a Long time, so essentially this is his return series after retirements of Jaddu and Ashwin.

Why isn't jaiswal in the team? Not even playing against zim?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't jaiswal in the team? Not even playing against zim?

Jaiswal and Dube were part of World T20 and their flight back home was delayed because of the hurricanes.

Zim tour squad had to leave and so BCCI named replacements I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible terrible fielding and average bowling and still Zimbabwe making below par score.
These runs and wickets hardly matter.

Its India due to which cricket is thriving , lot of economic activity sponsors braodcadters betting Co. Endorsements merchandise social media all making money.

Indian cricket has helped from Cycle Agarbatties to Luminous batteries to Kent purify to Imax mobile

Its India due to which cricket is thriving , lot of economic activity sponsors braodcadters betting Co. Endorsements merchandise social media all making money.

Indian cricket has helped from Cycle Agarbatties to Luminous batteries to Kent purify to Imax mobile
Some of the sponsorships are so sus, I feel like they are used for money laundering purposes.

How about India should send their bowlers first to bat for the sake of sponsors

Abhishek Sharma goes for a 3-ball duck on his international debut after trying to smash it over mid-wicket against the off-spinner Brian Bennett

Merciful God. Gaikwad got out otherwise he will be in pecking order as per dravid,laxman to statpad against minnows and to look awkward against burger etc

Ruturaj Gaikwad also goes out cheaply. Good test for the Indian middle order

Look like i was spoke too soon. Zimbabwe is giving taught time for indian batters

Indian posters here wanted this bunch of losers in lieu of Kohli sharma... Lol
Shows the fickleness of cricket fans. Always hankering after the next shiny object.

No doubt a few guys from this group will eventually establish themselves but to have relied on them for this world cup would've been a disaster.

Jaiswal is only mild regret I have in an otherwise solid squad and team for the tournament.

Indian posters here wanted this bunch of losers in lieu of Kohli sharma... Lol
Yea so let's just players based off one game

Kohli rohit never failed it all

It dint take rohit 7 years to establish himself in odi

It dint take several series failures for kohli to establish him at all. He performed right away.

Welcome to international cricket! Hopefully, at least one of these FTBs will turn out to be a decent batter.

Yea so let's just players based off one game

Kohli rohit never failed it all

It dint take rohit 7 years to establish himself in odi

It dint take several series failures for kohli to establish him at all. He performed right away.
So you blood then in a WC?

This is India's 2nd worst powerplay in T20Is

Worst powerplay total for India in T20Is
24/4 vs AUS, Barbados, 2010
28/4 vs ZIM, Harare, 2024
29/4 vs NZ, Nagpur, 2016
29/4 vs SL, Colombo

Wait! What happened! I thought we were gonna win easily after seeing Zimbabwe post this!

Love this format.. Can't just cruise around expecting teams to roll over for you

So far it's clear who the men among boys are - Gill, Sundar, Bishnoi. That much we knew before the series though. I have no doubt Jaiswal will turn up and look a different class too.

Hopefully, a couple more names emerge by the end of the series.

So far it's clear who the men among boys are - Gill, Sundar, Bishnoi. That much we knew before the series though. I have no doubt Jaiswal will turn up and look a different class too.

Hopefully, a couple more names emerge by the end of the series.
fielding was horrible and bowling too and batting seems pathetic. They seemed to have been too cocky for their own good.

As long as Sundar is there, indians should has some hope. He is a quality player under pressure 👍🏻

To anyone watching live... Why is this happening?

53-6: 11.4

Back