Zimbabwe v Pakistan | 2nd T20I | Harare | 23rd April, 2021 | Zimbabwe Innings

Asif Ali is a sure shot selection for World T20. Misbah giving him enough chances to justify his election before the big tournament.

Madhevere looks the only one capable of accelerating here. KamunhukaShehzadwe has struggled to find the gaps.

Why does Pak even play Zimbabwe. Imagine if this is how Aussies feel when Pakistan tours them.

Also surprised that Haider Ali was dropped. Should have continued with him.

Such a brilliant and balanced contest between the bat and ball.

Who says only the big 3 produces high quality cricket? :moyo2

Such a brilliant and balanced contest between the bat and ball.

Who says only the big 3 produces high quality cricket? :moyo2

I always felt Zimbabwe vs Pakistan was the series the cricket world was not ready for. When these two teams clash with one another the world watches with sheer interest.

Danish is a pretty decent 6th bowling option and his domestic stats show that as well. Just need to find his feet as a batsman at this level and can be useful player in whiteball cricket.

All the sponsors are even Pakistani. This is just charity work from Pakistan. Zimbabwe have helped us a lot in tough times and Pakistan is just paying them back by playing them. If we don’t even play with them who else will lol

Not a fan of Sharjeel at all (can't bowl, can't field, can bat a bit after wasting a ton of balls), but he must have done something really to **** off Misbah as he still keeps giving Asif Ali (can't bowl, can't field and cannot bat either) chance after chance...must have eaten Misbah's share of biryani at iftari time or something...

Not a fan of Sharjeel at all (can't bowl, can't field, can bat a bit after wasting a ton of balls), but he must have done something really to **** off Misbah as he still keeps giving Asif Ali (can't bowl, can't field and cannot bat either) chance after chance...must have eaten Misbah's share of biryani at iftari time or something...

Sharjeel is an opener and with his fitness it would be difficult for him to take those quick singles and doubles in the middle order. Babar, Rizwan is the opening pair and unless one of them rests I am not sure how Sharjeel can come in.

Why does Pak even play Zimbabwe. Imagine if this is how Aussies feel when Pakistan tours them.

Zimbabwe broke the ice by touring Pakistan in 2015 when nobody else would.

For that, they fully deserve to be repaid with regular cricket.

That over for Danish was given only for some practice and it didn't turn out well.

2 over left by Hasnain, 2 overs by Faheem and 2 overs by Rauf yet Babar gives an over to Danish. Looks like a deliberate attempt to allow the opposition to score some easy runs.

Waqar isn't around there and bowlers are performing well. In fact Hasnain can throw few yorkers which he couldn't do in previous matches lol

Zimbabwe broke the ice by touring Pakistan in 2015 when nobody else would.

For that, they fully deserve to be repaid with regular cricket.

Absolutely and world cricket also need to give them cricket as well. How Zim, which was once a pretty decent team is treated by world cricket is pretty surprising especially when its not like there are number of other quality cricket playing countries are coming in. Zim atleast has a decent domestic structure and some basics in place that can be build upon but, ICC is more interested in big 3 and doesnt much care about improving cricket in other countries.

Ok this jongwe guy has the most clutch paddle scoop in international cricket conversion rate 100%

Waqar isn't around there and bowlers are performing well. In fact Hasnain can throw few yorkers which he couldn't do in previous matches lol
Waqar is true culprit... Just heard some rumours on social media thet he is resigning...
Can someone confirm?

Waqar is true culprit... Just heard some rumours on social media thet he is resigning...
Can someone confirm?

Due to some personal reason he can not stick with the team for a while. And I guess PCB already decided to go with another direction.

Rauf is very clever and has lot of tricks in the final overs.

Danish is a pretty decent 6th bowling option and his domestic stats show that as well. Just need to find his feet as a batsman at this level and can be useful player in whiteball cricket.

I agree. I think we just get a bit impatient with new players that struggle from the start and need a bedding in period and seeing how he got out in South Africa, lost a lot of confidence among Pakistan fans.

Lmao do you think anyone’s even taking this seriously they are playing for fun it’s a charity match
Doesn't looks like from misbah's selection & press conference & what we witnessed in first t20i .
Zim vs pak is ashes 2.0 mouth watering rivalry for us cricket fans.
Don't insult it pleases. :inti

Shame we not batting first as once again, the likes of Asif Ali will not be asked to perform with the bat (but then again, it is is Pakistan...)

I agree. I think we just get a bit impatient with new players that struggle from the start and need a bedding in period and seeing how he got out in South Africa, lost a lot of confidence among Pakistan fans.

If we study careers of good players in the last couple of decades, we will see quite long initial struggle periods for many of them. As I have always maintained it takes time to develop players. If the fans and the team is not patient enough than unless someone starts performing from the word go, we cant produce players for the roles we are currently struggling with.

That being said, yes the investment has to be done on right players and than they should be given time to develop.

This has just been total domination. Boring run chase coming up unless Pakistan shuffle that batting line-up, no point with Rizwan-Babar opening today.

Lmao hafeez to jongwe guy in Punjabi koi hor shot kedh la cause he keeps paddle scooping every ball

If we study careers of good players in the last couple of decades, we will see quite long initial struggle periods for many of them. As I have always maintained it takes time to develop players. If the fans and the team is not patient enough than unless someone starts performing from the word go, we cant produce players for the roles we are currently struggling with.

That being said, yes the investment has to be done on right players and than they should be given time to develop.

If you remember correctly, Babar Azam the current Pakistan captain debuted against this very opposition in 2015 in Pakistan but had tours of Australia and New Zealand the following year which didn't exactly go as planned for him but with that being said, we could have completely discarded him and focused on someone else.

But having a good coach and setup for debuting players is also very important and allowing more opportunities rather than discarding after a few matches.

India made the last T20 series against Zim interesting by losing the first T20 match at Harare by struggling to chase after conceding 170 in the first innings.

Is there a possibility of upset here today as well? :smith

Back