1st ODI: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka at Dhaka, Feb 17, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant disagree with the stat ! Tamim has gone down the jamshed road !

Tamim was a very entertaining lad ! I know his international form has been poor but what about his domestic one? Is he struggling there too?

On and off. Knowing how much experience he has, he should be killing it in Bangladeshi domestic standers...that hasn't been happening. Pride comes before the fall. This fall might just be good for Tamim in the long run.

And perera on the move here ! Back to back sixes followed by another one !

You beauty !!

Cant disagree with the stat ! Tamim has gone down the jamshed road !

Tamim was a very entertaining lad ! I know his international form has been poor but what about his domestic one? Is he struggling there too?

Nope, atleast he is better than Jamshed in that aspect.

Tamim's form slump has to do with fitness. He gets injured too often, like this match where he is currently suffering from neck pain. You don't survive in the international arena with such joke of a fitness. Unless you are a Ranatunga or an Inzi, and Tamim is nowhere near those 2

Gazi is turning out to be the new Razzak in the field. That should have been caught.

Gazi should not have dropped that. So much for getting them all out for 2 figures

Good counter attack this by SL. 47 run partnership already.

Gazi is a certified chucker, in my opinion.

Lucky that the new rules won't really affect him much.

If these two can get SL to 200+ we could be in for an interesting match.

ummm so how awkward will it be to lose todays match? 67/8 and now this...

I still think we are on top

138-8 on a pitch that is getting flatter

I would call it a choke if bangladesh lets them play all of 43 overs.

Pitch getting flatter and lower order these days are no mugs with the bats so playing out their overs is fine..but yes if we lose I do agree, it will be a choke.

Pitch getting flatter and lower order these days are no mugs with the bats so playing out their overs is fine..but yes if we lose I do agree, it will be a choke.

Cmon you guys had them 67/8. No matter how flat allowing them such a lead especially with those drops is a choke.

All Out for 180.

Pitch is flat as a road so we should be able to chase this down, but this epic innings from Perara just made this match more interesting.

180., Very poor cricket. Soo many drops and allowing the opposition soo many runs. Well bangladesh should still win this.

RR of 4.2 in a 43 over match, on such pitches should not be too difficult I hope.

No 5. Not good. Good luck for the chase.

Gazi
Riad
Nasir
Shakib

Dropped catches. There was an instance when sena scooped in the air and the ball fell short of the diving fielder so technically its not a drop. But seriously need to field well. Pakistani fans of all people should know how much dropped chances have hurt them in past.

Gazi
Riad
Nasir
Shakib

Dropped catches. There was an instance when sena scooped in the air and the ball fell short of the diving fielder so technically its not a drop. But seriously need to field well. Pakistani fans of all people should know how much dropped chances have hurt them in past.

Oh we know. Believe me. You guys cant do that against guys like hafeez,misbah,kohli,dhawan,dhoni on those flat tracks.

Senanayke did well, and Perera played a great innings.
I see Bangladesh struggling with this total.

Oh we know. Believe me. You guys cant do that against guys like hafeez,misbah,kohli,dhawan,dhoni on those flat tracks.

And what wrong did SL batsman do? :13:

I still think we have a quality bowling lineup for shorter formats of the game, and our batting has improved over the years and we back ourselves to score big, or chase big totals.

And what wrong did SL batsman do? :13:

I still think we have a quality bowling lineup for shorter formats of the game, and our batting has improved over the years and we back ourselves to score big, or chase big totals.

sanga and kusal too:p :p:p . Well dont mess up this chase. A huge psychological advantage over srilanka if you beat them today.

Yes it will a big advantage.

Apart from that horrible first test against Sri Lanka, we have not been too troubled by the lankas. Even when we lost, we lost by small margins. Its could to see us being competitive. Such a shame that later on FTPs will be scrapped and top teams might not ask us to come over claiming that we are not an attractive team and all.

180 is the target. Simply don't open with Malinga. His overs have been not proved lethal or economic for the past two series. Let him come in the middle period so he gives Mathews the chance to strike during the crucial periods.

For the first few overs, I'd get Mathews and Kula to bowl. Both swing the ball and the ball is seaming on this pitch but that might have stopped with the 1st innings. Give Dilly or even Sena the ball up front. They have more of a chance of taking a wicket than Malinga at this stage. Let's keep the play slow and choke the Bangladeshis with dot balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back