1st ODI: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka at Dhaka, Feb 17, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Mominul played overseas?
If so, how well?
He seems like a serious talent for Bangladesh, hopefully he doesn't end up like out Umar Akmal...

Has Mominul played overseas?
If so, how well?
He seems like a serious talent for Bangladesh, hopefully he doesn't end up like out Umar Akmal...
Mominul has only played in Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe outside of Bangladesh. He has big hundreds in the West Indies and South Africa playing for the A team and the Academy. Bangladesh has not played in England, Australia and South Africa in forever.

Mominul gone. Misses on what should have been his first ODI fifty.

I am not really going to rate Mominul as the next big thing. Plays too many flashes, but when he connects looks like the sweetest timer of the ball or is just that shorter players look better when playing proper cricketing shots

Easy peasy. Should have won the T20s too. We definitely know the art of messing things up.

The first T20 had us chasing 168. It was never easy in my opinion. SL had a good bowling lineup and our batting was shallow with mithun and Farhad Kallis coming at 6/7

How is Malinga's fitness? I know he was brought home from Big Bash for having Big Belly. Has he lost weight?

Shamsur Rahman.... two boundries and then tries going for another... when will Bangladeshi batsmen mature :(

Sooo many views by the umpire..definite doubt...but hey when does benefit ever go to Bangladeshi batsmen?

I don't think you could make a clear judgement to as whether or not his foot was not planted. Benefit of doubt should got the batsman

3rd umpires have always been giving decisions against us. :facepalm:

Massive choke needed for bangladesh to lose from here !

Hot favorites here are the bangali boys !

Possibly the best two batsmen at the crease for bangladesh !

Ideally, these two should take them over the finish line !

Bangladesh are such chokers :facepalm:
I thought there was no way they are going to lose today when they had reduced SL to 69/7 but by dropping catches they let SL get to 180. Even then they should have chased it down comfortably and looked well on course at 114/2 but they seem to be choking here yet again.

Last edited:
And i thought only Pakistani and NZ batting collapse :facepalm:

A fun Asia cup awaits all of us. Seven down... I really thought they couldnt lose this one when they were 77/1 and shuvo was middling so perfectly.

Asia Cup is going to be collapse cup. Except india i am expecting every team including our afghan brothers to go through this

Arafat needs to give support , if these two bat out next 5 overs they will come really close.

Asia Cup is going to be collapse cup. Except india i am expecting every team including our afghan brothers to go through this

If i remember correctly we had collapses in the last asia cup too. Against bangladesh when in group stages after a great opening stand we collapsed and the 20/3 against srilanka chasing 180 where misbah and umer came to the rescue.

:six mushfiq looking to finish things.

A fun Asia cup awaits all of us. Seven down... I really thought they couldnt lose this one when they were 77/1 and shuvo was middling so perfectly.

Why do you keep mentioning 77, they were 115/2 after 20 and they are choking miserably

If i remember correctly we had collapses in the last asia cup too. Against bangladesh when in group stages after a great opening stand we collapsed and the 20/3 against srilanka chasing 180 where misbah and umer came to the rescue.

Thats why its going to be Collapse Cup!

You know at times like these minnow bashers like hafeez and afridi really come in handy.

I think Mathews follow Dhoni's strategy.. he waits for last over to bring slinga...

debut boy who has a list A avg of 7 and rubel who has an avg of 4. All eyes on mushfiq

Mushi needs to play smart cricket here , needs to keep strike , lots of balls left here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back