1st ODI - Pakistan vs South Africa @ Centurian Park (PAK innings)

Well that was a humiliation but it could have been a lot worse were it not for some rear guard action by Malik, Sami and Asif (or Aseef if you are a white).

I think even 320 or so would have been chased down on this pitch.......what really gave the game away was that five over period when they got 92 runs. Unforgivable.

Anyway........let's not let one defeat result in hysterics. It was a terrible performance but Pakistan has a history of bouncing back and bounce back we will.

Hash said:
Well that was a humiliation but it could have been a lot worse were it not for some rear guard action by Malik, Sami and Asif (or Aseef if you are a white).

I think even 320 or so would have been chased down on this pitch.......what really gave the game away was that five over period when they got 92 runs. Unforgivable.

Anyway........let's not let one defeat result in hysterics. It was a terrible performance but Pakistan has a history of bouncing back and bounce back we will.
Dude I love your optimism! :19:

Inshallah we will bounce back.

(& :)) at your "Aseef" comment.)

That was, indeed, a humiliation but I would not be surprised if Pakistan go on to win the next game.

Good performances by Malik, Yousuf, Sami, and Afridi in this game.

hash i admire your optimism, but hope you stay away from becoming an illusionist. one question mate.

where do you rate Pakistan in ODI's and what chances do you think they have in world cup.

fight_club said:
hash i admire your optimism, but hope you stay away from becoming an illusionist. one question mate.

where do you rate Pakistan in ODI's and what chances do you think they have in world cup.

I rate us behind Australia and South Africa but above the rest of the world.

For the WC we should get to the SF stage and once you get there it is anyones game.......just a matter of who does what on what day.

kablooee87 said:
way to get behind you team there bud.

And how can you start disliking Malik after THIS innings? He faced a little face at least. Sheesh.

and you blab on about others education.....seesh

I rate us behind Australia and South Africa but above the rest of the world.

For the WC we should get to the SF stage and once you get there it is anyones game.......just a matter of who does what on what day.

my opinion is australia head and shoulder obove everyone, SA play do too well at home but West-indies will be slightly different. Lanka looks very impressive they have done good away from home. new zeland is falling into peices. then comes Pakistan, India and all.

you must understand one thing, its not just about mercurial performace anymore. you got to have pace, plans, stratgy. field placements are becoming innovative and effective day by day. we seems to be living in a defferent era altogether.

bowlers do not have any plans, captain lack imagination when you do not have plan A, forget about plan B. I don't know what coach is doing. say even our bowlers get fully fit. in this version of game. they are bound to go for runs. we have always relied on individual skills and words like planning are never taken seriously.

many fans think "ok we are missing key players". yes we are but even if they come back. thier skills alone will not win us the world cup, one odd match possible. we have seen that in england tour when we played all strike bowlers and still managed to lose against England.

Having good batsman and bowlers is only half the battle won, how to take best out of one is the bigger challenge. we have never tried out anything with remote sign of purpose attached to it. when those all-rounder were missing. we should have tried a hitter at number 6. who could have provided us an alternative. now Kami is being tried out as opener and we are just 4 games away from the world cup.

sorry mate, that over reliance on individual players who can shine once in a while to win you some matches can not be base to win a tournament of the magnitude of world cup.

Last edited:
ahmadrulz said:
Once the opposition has posted 390 odd on the board, then its never a case of chasing em down. You take your chances, if luck sides with you, and some of the shots you attempt are pulled off, you win. Other wise you go down like the way we did. What else could they do? Yes it hurts, but its the bowlers who've let us down. Not the batsmen. Not one bit.
and you guys were saying Tendulkar choked after 2003 world cup.

Back