1st ODI - Pakistan vs South Africa @ Centurian Park (PAK innings)

ahmadrulz said:
So till the system gets fixed, what country do you suggest we support??

you dont need to chose another country, just dont support the current corrupt system

What a sorry piece of performence from Pakistan. I am truly, dissapointed.

Next match I hope we can get back. But yeah a heavy defeat is certainly an eye opener.

Hopefully Pakistan has realized that: Fielding must be at its best, batting must be done sensibly and that the batsmen have to stick to plan, and that bowlers need to perform much better than this....Sami doesnt deserve a spot in the team, and Rana, well he has got to plan out his bowling strategy. Asif, well great bowling in the beginning, but unfortunately SA got on a role. So there ya have it, we have a couple of months before the WC, and believe me...
there is plenty of talent in Pakistan to get things right till then.

Oxy said:
I agree with all of that except (8).

number 8 is what got miandad a 6 against india, waqar and wasim into world class bowlers, made pakistan win the world cup and what made Imran Khan pakistan's greatest all rounder

sharuk said:
number 8 is what got miandad a 6 against india, waqar and wasim into world class bowlers, made pakistan win the world cup and what made Imran Khan pakistan's greatest all rounder

You're not trying to say anyone else would not have attempted to go for a six in the same position are you?

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/ODIS/RESULTS/ODI_MARGINS_HIGH.html

Code:
Highest Margins of Victory by runs
256 runs  Australia (301-6) beat Namibia (45)               Potchefstroom        2002/03    
245 runs  Sri Lanka (299-5) beat India (54)                 Sharjah              2000/01    
233 runs  Pakistan (320-3) beat Bangladesh (87)             Dhaka                2000       
232 runs  Australia (323-2) beat Sri Lanka (91)             Adelaide             1984/85    
224 runs  Australia (332-5) beat Pakistan (108)             Nairobi (Gym)        2002       
217 runs  Pakistan (295-6) beat Sri Lanka (78)              Sharjah              2001/02    
210 runs  New Zealand (347-4) beat USA (137)                The Oval             2004       
209 runs  South Africa (263-4) beat West Indies (54)        Cape Town            2003/04    
208 runs  South Africa (354-3) beat Kenya (146)             Cape Town            2001/02    
208 runs  Australia (359-5) beat India (151)                Sydney               2003/04    
206 runs  New Zealand (276-7) beat Australia (70)           Adelaide             1985/86    
206 runs  Sri Lanka (292-6) beat Netherlands (86)           Colombo (RPS)        2002/03    
202 runs  England (334-4) beat India (132-3)                Lord's               1975       
202 runs  South Africa (305-8) beat Kenya (103)             Nairobi (Gym)        1996/97    
202 runs  Zimbabwe (325-6) beat Kenya (123)                 Dhaka                1998/99    
200 runs  India (276) beat Bangladesh (76)                  Dhaka                2003       
198 runs  England (363-7) beat Pakistan (165)               Nottingham           1992       
196 runs  England (290-5) beat East Africa (94)             Birmingham           1975       
196 runs  South Africa (289-7) beat Australia (93)          Cape Town            2005/06    
195 runs  Sri Lanka (443-9) beat Netherlands (248)          Amstelveen           2006       
194 runs  Zimbabwe (338-7) beat Bermuda (144-7)             Port of Spain        2006       
193 runs  West Indies (248-5) beat Sri Lanka (55)           Sharjah              1986/87    
192 runs  Pakistan (330-6) beat Sri Lanka (138)             Nottingham           1975       
192 runs  Zimbabwe (284) beat Bangladesh (92)               Nairobi (AK)         1997/98    
192 runs  New Zealand (397-5) beat Zimbabwe (205)           Bulawayo             2005/06    
191 runs  West Indies (360-4) beat Sri Lanka (169-4)        Karachi              1987/88    
191 runs  Sri Lanka (296-4) beat Zimbabwe (105)             Harare               1994/95    
190 runs  Kenya (328-5) beat Scotland (138)                 Mombasa              2006/07

I think we're off the first list. Now to get past India and we're safe

Crazy Dholi said:
Im not turning my back on pakistan, ill always back pakistan but i just want to know what inzamam was thinking putting south africa in on a flat one, why bowlers like Sami are picked when we have much more talent then him.

and why we are chosing Akmal ahead of Zoni and MOhammad Salman,. why we are chosing Hafeez ahead of Fawad ALam and other more consistent batsmen, why we are chosing Razzaq ahead of Yasir Arafat , why we are chosing Shahid Afridi ahead of Abdur Rehman, why we are chosing Sami ahead of Yasir Ali and other better bowlers in domestic cricket

ahmadrulz said:
You're not trying to say anyone else would not have attempted to go for a six in the same position are you?

nice try trying to bold just one part.

sharuk said:
I am laughing because Pakistan is laughing stock in terms of a constitutionless PCB, non paid selectors, choosing failed bowlers and choosing has been players. Pakistan needs this defeat to become the number 1 team in the world and go back to the days when they chose young agressive talent and put them infront of the world to see.

There's a difference between laughing at your team when it's getting hammered and providing constructive criticism aimed at improving the team. And you can always pick aggressive young talent, but the game is so professional these days that doing that will only ever be a short-term solution.

Making fun of your own team just makes people less willing to listen and debate the more reasonable aspects of your posts.

Crazy Dholi said:
why bowlers like Sami are picked when we have much more talent then him.

Ummmmmmmmm, actually, you dont get bowlers more talented than Sami. In Sami's case, it's just a matter of transforming that talent into consistent performances.

guys pak hav basically lost and shown up all the guys who weer sayin 'ohhhh watch man, afridi's gonna do this and that' afridi hant done jack and neither has anyone else, after the 20/20 i was like its ok, its only one match in which WE GOT SLAMMD BEYOND BELEIF but now the one dayer too? i say we give this team one (or maybe 2) more chances to sort themselves out before we need a change in our batting at least, i do acknowledge our top bowlers were either injured or eating rotis

OZGOD said:
There's a difference between laughing at your team when it's getting hammered and providing constructive criticism aimed at improving the team. And you can always pick aggressive young talent, but the game is so professional these days that doing that will only ever be a short-term solution.

Making fun of your own team just makes people less willing to listen and debate the more reasonable aspects of your posts.
:14: :14: :14:

I think sharuk has made some pertinent points here .. ODI Cricket has been taken to a new level by Australia and to some extent South Africa ..Rest all have to catch up .. The problems that Pak Cricket is facing cannot be sorted overnight ..it will require long term planning ..

Toony™® said:
still need 30 odd to avoid the biggest margin of defeat - national record!
Our own biggest margin of defeat. We've avoided the real record :27:

great batting effort from us. We will get 150 don't worry.

OZGOD said:

Ridicule is the only way Pakistanis listen. its a different case for people like England , australia (you) and south africa where the culture is different, where you keep on encouraging the team and become well. unfortunately Desi's indians and Pakistani's are hard headed and need a spanking to get the real point across

CmoN malik, justify your place in the team, get some stuff done and avoid Pakistans heaviest defeat...wow.

yeh man, watching the our team go down the drain erally does hurt especially half a year back everyone was like 'hail inzi!' and 'pakistans is the best team in the world' and the one i cant forget 'pakistan and new zealend are hinted to win world cup' but STILL remember this, gul shoaib and shabbir arent playing! instead of Malcolm Sami but in Umar Gul and instead of Rana 'free runs' Naved Ul Hasan put in Shoaib Akhtar and immediately we can all jump on the bandwagon heading straight for the WC!

I guess i was right when i said earlier that only Pakistan can make a flat pitch look a minefield. I'm truly ashamed to be a Pakistan fan today.

Uzzy said:
I guess i was right when i said earlier that only Pakistan can make a flat pitch look a minefield. I'm truly ashamed to be a Pakistan fan today.

then change nationality :12: :12:

Let's not forget that even Australia lost an ODI series in South Africa not so long ago.

Uzzy said:
Truth be told, the batting didnt really struggle, just played extravagent shots due to the situation and the Saffers took brilliant catches

sharuk said:
Ridicule is the only way Pakistanis listen. its a different case for people like England , australia (you) and south africa where the culture is different, where you keep on encouraging the team and become well. unfortunately Desi's indians and Pakistani's are hard headed and need a spanking to get the real point across
Is that how you have been brought up? And then you think that every Pakistani is just like you? H ell no!

Uzzy said:
I would never be ashamed (I think you guys take thistoo seriously) - but I feel hurt when we lose, esp when we get thrashed. Its painful - no doubt about it.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
Is that how you have been brought up? And then you think that every Pakistani is just like you? H ell no!

every Pakistani is like that, whether you like it or not. especially half the illiterate Pakistani team

Oxy said:
I would never be ashamed (I think you guys take thistoo seriously) - but I feel hurt when we lose, esp when we get thrashed. Its painful - no doubt about it.
I suppose that after watching Pakistan play for so long, it is hard to get 'ashamed'.

Uzzy said:
Every team gets beat at some point. Its our fight back in the next game and the rest of the series that seperates the men from the boys.

We got it all wrong

Too many all-rounders in that team for my likings and no consistency in bowling especially in the last overs. Sami the Mega failure should not be there and Rana had worst day of his life. Too many wides and No balls, bad fielding, bad catching, bad captaincy. All in all we got it all wrong.

Hope we will learn and fight back. INSHALLAH :19:

sharuk said:
every Pakistani is like that, whether you like it or not. especially half the illiterate Pakistani team
If every Pakistani is like that then why is only half the Pakistani team like that?

what we needit bowlers like khtar
good in the death overs
and also what we need is some pressure reseistance
we can not handle pressure at all sometimes

Sabika said:
but there they won by 190ish were lossing by 250ish at least
But they were out for 93, which would have caused apocalpytic reactions

sharuk said:
no one in my surroundings. Maybe you should change friends or something. Many pakistanis are better than your surroundings I feel

Daoud said:
Truth be told, the batting didnt really struggle, just played extravagent shots due to the situation and the Saffers took brilliant catches

Really though, it was the bowling that let us down BIG time! I have never seen such a disgusting and shameful bowling performance from any team over the past few years as i have today from Pakistan. Wides, no-balls, full tosses, half volleys, i mean what was going through their minds?

And as far as batting is concerned. Yes they played an extravagant shot too many but they still shouldn't have capitulated to whatever score they're on now. This is a real belter of a pitch and they may not even get past 200!

Again i was disappointed with Afridi. Same old Afridi. Nothing really changed. Hit a 6 and then close your eyes and give the bat a big swing. Half the time he didn't know where he was hitting the ball.

It will be very hard for Pakistan to bounce back from this huge defeat.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
no one in my surroundings. Maybe you should change friends or something. Many pakistanis are better than your surroundings I feel

you just dont know it. but ur hard headed as well

sharuk said:
Not where I come from - maybe its just you & your environment/family/friends?

yay 4 runs
have we prevented a national record yet?

previous 3 or 4 world cups we were considered serious contenders/ potential winners and on each occasion with the teams we had (on paper at least) rightly so. it therefore saddens me immensely that on this occasion we'll be first round fodder, we just dont have the quality to compete with the likes of AUS, SA .... and i can't bring myself to say it.. our padosees

i think if pak can bat out the 50 overs we can at least put out heads up and say sami is a good night watchman

Oxy said:
Not where I come from - maybe its just you & your environment/family/friends?

and your family too. me too. get the facts. Pakistan team selection SUCKS and so does its attitude towards cricket

Daoud said:
But they were out for 93, which would have caused apocalpytic reactions
we did not do that much better than that though
im not ashamed to be a pakistani and probably never will be
however you can not deny this is probably one of the highest margin of defeat ever

dirk diggler said:
previous 3 or 4 world cups we were considered serious contenders/ potential winners and on each occasion with the teams we had (on paper at least) rightly so. it therefore saddens me immensely that on this occasion we'll be first round fodder, we just dont have the quality to compete with the likes of AUS, SA .... and i can't bring myself to say it.. our padosees
We're not bad enough to lose to Zimbabwe and Ireland yet are we?

sharuk said:
and your family too. me too. get the facts. Pakistan team selection SUCKS and so does its attitude towards cricket
you would not have been saying thtat if we were 120 for 2 rather than 6
dont change with circumstances man

sharuk said:
we have a word for that. Discrimination. Writing someone off just because they belong to a certain group. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Daoud said:

I agree 200 % with that...but it was still a performance to forget, no doubt....

Come on people get a grip its just a game, you cant be ashamed of your identity just because you lost a cricket game.

the oppeners showed a lot of potential hafeez specially
younis khan was very unlucky like kamran akmal afridi did fairly well compared to some of his previous innings he got too exctited though

Ok maybe being ashamed is probably a tad too harsh of a word. But when you see performances like this from the team you support you feel alot of pain as a supporter. I'm a passionate fan of Pakistan but these kind of performances do hurt me.

Nauman said:
Come on people get a grip its just a game, you cant be ashamed of your identity just because you lost a cricket game.

no one is ashamed of thier identity, just the institution running cricket in pakistan

Nauman said:

YOu can be embarrased/hurt/angry etc with the team & the performance - but to be ASHAMED to be PAkistani.

Just go and support another team then!

Uzzy said:
Ok maybe being ashamed is probably a tad too harsh of a word. But when you see performances like this from the team you support you feel alot of pain as a supporter. I'm a passionate fan of Pakistan but these kind of performances do hurt me.
And so they should.

Sabika said:
we did not do that much better than that though
im not ashamed to be a pakistani and probably never will be
however you can not deny this is probably one of the highest margin of defeat ever
I know. But just goes to prove that one match means nothing. We still need 16 more to avoid our heaviest defeat though

i tell you who did get out and deserved it though inzi hoooking yousuf got carried away and razzaq became dim witted suddenly
its just not my day or any pakistani's day to be serious

Daoud said:
I know. But just goes to prove that one match means nothing. We still need 16 more to avoid our heaviest defeat though
we can get 16 no problem
i know lets try our best for the rest of the sries
it would have ben a lot worse if this was the second match and we were 2 down eh or if it was the thrid we can come back
getover it forget about today

Once the opposition has posted 390 odd on the board, then its never a case of chasing em down. You take your chances, if luck sides with you, and some of the shots you attempt are pulled off, you win. Other wise you go down like the way we did. What else could they do? Yes it hurts, but its the bowlers who've let us down. Not the batsmen. Not one bit.

Back