1st Semi-Final: [New Zealand V Sri Lanka] - Sri Lanka win

single taken, 2 balls to go..

then 4 more this time by arnold past fine leg again!

Sri lanka 289/5 after 50 overs

102 runs in last 10 overs
56 runs in last 5 overs

Target 290

this is great batting by jaywardene.he did what jaysurya could do.excellent.this is a good batting still so dont count nzl out yet.but srilankas bowling is much better nzl so i think nzl is out

Geez, why do they interview guys who don't speak English. I feel sorry for Upal makes him look bad.

What an amazing innings.

Jayawardane has all the gears, all the brains and he organised his innings magnificently.

I think Srilanka will win easily.

wot an knock by Mahela.. truly amazing knock.. Sri Lanka are favourites to win now.. but dnt count NZL out they love chasing high scores !!

infamous9383 said:
Mahela's innings will be one that will be remembered for long time(if they win).

probably the perfect one day innings. At one stage his strike rate was in the 30's he kept on picking the singles then blasted at the end. brilliant knock

Too much for New Zealand; the anticipated Aus/Sri Lanka seems to be on its way.. :D

Fleming has been dimissed in last 4 games for a duck v sri lanka.

each time lbw by vass!

I think NZ batsmen biding their time - once Malinga rests, we should see some action . In the meanwhile, will Jaya bowl him through all 10 ? Why not keep the pressure on?

I Nz already have given up, <they have to go down the track and try to smash vass out.

Rudi acting like a real ****

first he wanrs fernando for scuffing the pitch with his foot (doesn't look dileberate) gives fernando an official warning as a result

this disrupts fernandos run up and he gives away a huge no ball

next ball fernando gets a 2nd official warning for same offense

another no ball

so baisically fernando could be out of the game if he gets another warning for his follow up after he's released the ball

Vaas removes Taylor for 9. Hawkeye suggesting it would miss the stumps.

32-2

these 2 umpires should be relieved of their duties following the match.i would be shocked if icc is arrogant and stupid enough to let anyone one of them umpire in the final

straight bat said:

first he wanrs fernando for scuffing the pitch with his foot (doesn't look dileberate) gives fernando an official warning as a result

another no ball

so baisically fernando could be out of the game if he gets another warning for his follow up after he's released the ball

rudi is very rudy

desidudecool said:
these 2 umpires should be relieved of their duties following the match.i would be shocked if icc is arrogant and stupid enough to let anyone one of them umpire in the final

tauffel will umpire in the final ::J

no the 2 pakistanis should umpire they are best on current form.dar and rauf.and they wont act against srilanka

N.Z 43/2 at moment a big partnership needed here.

straight bat said:

another no ball

^that law is really harsh especially on fast bowlers.i think they should get rid of it.its putting unnecessary pressure on the bowlers.

I don't understand this tactic: Why Vaas is bowling his 8th over? Why not save him for an additional spell, in case his variety is needed to break a difficult partnership.

It would have made sense if the asking rate at the start was around 6.25, and an economical spell at the start would push the required rate to over 7. But it doesn't make much sense in this case.

Just wondering ...

poor Murali. good catch and celebration and his expression changing after he sees the noball

Fernando no ball to start over and a six over bowlers head by Styris
NZ 77-2 after 18

this is poor captaincy by jaywardene fernando did nt have to bowl this over just keep maling going to build up pressure.now nzl has a chance

Well, Dilhara not having so much fun.

Sri Lanka still in control in my opinion. They don't have too many reliable batsmen left.

oh srilanka are feeling the heat murali going for runs. again poor captaincy murali doesnt have to bowl in power plays he struggles

Back