1st Semi-Final: [New Zealand V Sri Lanka] - Sri Lanka win

desidudecool said:
^i think this srilankan team has a better chance of beating australia than those 2 did at that time.quite simly because of fielding and bowling in these dry conditions which suits them.their batsmen will feel more confident after this match.they just need to sort their problem out with fernando and maharoof who are going to be target bowlers

so do i, but i just thought of that and hopes srilanka breaks the jinks :13: :19:

siddharth said:
Aussies if qualify for final will definitely attack those "preserved '' bowlers of Lanka.thats the way they are .they will have a go at Vaas,Murli,Malinga..........sigh........

yeah but those 3 are in great form at the moment.and the wicket may not suit aussie style of batting if its the usuall west indian wicket.i d say if srilanka bats first and gets a score of 250 plus which they easily can because australia's bowling is not what it used to be then its game on.

bowled him straight through the gate. Bond bowled by the magician.

Here's NZ's history in world cups:

1975 ... Lost Semi-final vs WI
1979 ... Lost Semi-final vs Eng by 9 runs
1983 ... Failed to advance to Semi-final. Joint #2 in group. Lost based on RRR
1987 ... Failed to advance to Semi-final. (Worst world cup performance???)
1992 ... #1 in first round. Advanced to Semi-final. Lost to PAK with one over remaining
1996 ... Lost to AUS in quarter-final, with 2 overs remaining
1999 ... Lost to PAK in semi-final
2003 ... Qualified to Super-6. Failed to advance to Semi-final.
2007 ... Lost to SL in semi-final.

Last edited:
nz certainly not rolling over for dead they r fighting back....a pity they did not have a few wickets inside.......sl being a bit sloppy

Is this the highest last-wicket stand in this world cup??? So far, they've added 52 off 8.4 overs, at exactly 6.0 runs/over. Good showing!

Back