1st T20I: Ireland v Bangladesh at Belfast, Jul 18, 2012

The series is not televised. This is not in the FTP either.

BD wanted to get in to T20 ranking. That is why they scheduled this Europe tour. 5 matches in total (3 against Ireland, 1 Scotland, and 1 Holland.)

Zia is a bigger muscular guy. He was first introduced as an alrounder (medium pace). He has been around few years and also played at Hongkong 6 aside for BD. Good going on his debut. 2nd half is about to begin.

Nazmul Hossain: the outcast of BD cricket. They'll play anyone and everyone ahead of him. Even a 19 year old with a horrendous T20 bowling record.

our pace bowlers can sometimes be as worse as that of India. And our team management keeps on dropping Nazmul and playing ordinary players like shafiul and abul :facepalm:

Anyways, our spinners can contain their batsman, whilst our World class pace bowlers will give away min. of 12 runs per over.

George Dockrell is the only good spinner, leave alone world class spinner Ireland have. And he is injured so yeah, a massive blow for Ireland

5 ball over last one....45/2 after 7 and they gone in test mode ...and its over for me ..going to sleep...:) Bangladesh will win it with ease.

Elias sunny on a hattrick! This guy was brilliant in the ZIm tri series and now showing his brilliance yet again :)

Anyways he couldnt get the hatrick

And who are the abuls who get into the team? I think the kumars and patels are better than this guy. Bring on Nazmul

60-6 so far

Sunny bowled 9 balls got 3 wickets. Elias sunny is our version of daniel vettori. shakib on the other hand has more unique action

Ireland crushed. Can't believe people even compare them to a World Class team like Bangladesh

Where's the "Ireland is better than Bangladesh" posse? The Irish getting hammered on their own turf.

Ireland looks hopeless against spin. They shoud fold readily underneath Afridi, Ajmal and Hafeez.

Is sunny the 1st player to take a 5fer on debut in a T20I? I think so

Required run rate close to 65 runs/over :)

RRR now exactly 80. Walk in the park for Ireland. Bangladesh need to pull off something outstanding!

What drubbing! Congrats Bangladesh for a comprehensive vcitory!

Last 5 overs in the innings Ireland got 44/0. Maybe their lower order should open next game.

Ireland crushed. Can't believe people even compare them to a

:facepalm: dont get carried away now , bangla do not even have a rating in t 20 cricket a format they should be good at , and if im not mistaken they had 0 rating points in the latest test rankings , they are anything but world class , but credit to them for their win today .

:facepalm: dont get carried away now , bangla do not even have a rating in t 20 cricket a format they should be good at , ...
What makes you say that? We were among the last one to start a domestic 20 over game just two years back. We didn't even play enough international matches in that format.

20 overs game has turned out to be more evenly competition no matter who the opponent is. I do not see any special reason why BD SHOULD be good at that format.

:facepalm: dont get carried away now , bangla do not even have a rating in t 20 cricket a format they should be good at , and if im not mistaken they had 0 rating points in the latest test rankings , they are anything but world class , but credit to them for their win today .

we have not played enough games, which is why we are not on the ranking board.

you need to play at least 8 games i think, which we have not done it.

Where's the "Ireland is better than Bangladesh" posse? The Irish getting hammered on their own turf.

lol you are celebrating a win over ireland, that just shows your standards, a test playing nation is supposed to win against Ireland(i know you guys will now bring up the WC 07 match but that was just an upset)

we have not played enough games, which is why we are not on the ranking board.

you need to play at least 8 games i think, which we have not done it.

My bad , but bangladesh have consistently lost games in this format to teams like zimbabwe , i say that because i believe that t 20 is well suited to the style of cricket the bangla boys play , test cricket on the other hand is a different ball game altogether .

My bad , but bangladesh have consistently lost games in this format to teams like zimbabwe , i say that because i believe that t 20 is well suited to the style of cricket the bangla boys play , test cricket on the other hand is a different ball game altogether .

we were a horrible T20 side in the past. but current T20 XI is way better. 9 players in the current team can bowl and bat.

shakib did not play against zimbabwe. we did not send in a full strength team in that tour.

i will be hugely disappointed, if they do not defeat new zealand in the upcoming T20 world cup.

lol you are celebrating a win over ireland, that just shows your standards, a test playing nation is supposed to win against Ireland(i know you guys will now bring up the WC 07 match but that was just an upset)

he was just pointing out that some people overestimated the irish side. of course, bd can beat the living hell out of ireland in most games.

he was just pointing out that some people overestimated the irish side. of course, bd can beat the living hell out of ireland in most games.

You can't blame the people, can you? Ireland have made a bigger impact than BD did when they first arrived on the scene. Also hasn't Ireland beaten BD a few times in the recent past?

You can't blame the people, can you? Ireland have made a bigger impact than BD did when they first arrived on the scene. Also hasn't Ireland beaten BD a few times in the recent past?

yes, ireland beat us 3 times. we beat them 5 times.

Ireland is an alright team, but we are a better side as we proved today in their own backyard.

our current T20 XI is very decent, this team can give top teams a run for their money.

Last edited:
yes, ireland beat us 3 times. we beat them 5 times.

Ireland is an alright team, but we are a better side as we proved today in their own backyard.

our current T20 XI is very decent, this team can give top teams a run for their money.

Yes, 5-3 to you despite possessing around 20 years of experience over Ireland makes you superior to them, makes complete sense!

Yes, 5-3 to you despite possessing around 20 years of experience over Ireland makes you superior to them, makes complete sense!

lolol, why are you butthurt?

yeah, we are superior to them. our spin will be too much for them.

last time they beat us was in 2010, a long time ago my friend.

Last edited:
lolol, why are you butthurt?

yeah, we are superior to them. our spin will be too much for them.

last time they beat us was in 2010, a long time ago my friend.

Nah, I'm not that serious about it:D

You are better, but 5-3 is pretty competitive especially if one realises that Ireland haven't been playing since the 80s.

That doesn't mean they won't beat you in the future, now does it.

Lol, how many times are you going to edit your previous post?

Does your own argument seem weak to you now?

If it does, then maybe you finally realise the significance of playing international cricket for decades.

Lol, how many times are you going to edit your previous post?

Does your own argument seem weak to you now?

If it does, then maybe you finally realise the significance of playing international cricket for decades.

dude, we just beat india and sri lanka not long ago. if it was not for shahadat "useless" hossain, we would have won the final of asia cup too.

trust me, ireland is not a team bangladesh is focusing too much on.

yeah we took a long time to develop, but now we have a team who can knock out good teams.

Last edited:
Back