26 Muslims booked for offering congregational prayer in India

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
According to a report of Kashmir Media Service (KMS), Superintendent of Police (rural) Moradabad Sandeep Kumar Meena said that scores of people assembled at the house of two locals in Dulhepur village without any notice and offered prayers.

"They had been cautioned in the past not to indulge in such a practice at home, following objections from neighbours belonging to another community," he added.

Meena said that an FIR has been registered under IPC 505-2 against 16 identified and 10 unidentified persons on the complaint of local Chandra Pal Singh. "We are looking for those involved in the case.”

Pictures of people purportedly praying inside the house in "large numbers" at Dulhepur village had gone viral on social media, following which, a few right-wing activists staged a protest and demanded police action.

In December, a chief minister of a major state in India openly and unashamedly stated that Muslims will not be allowed to offer prayers in open spaces.

Haryana Chief Minister ML Khattar had said that Muslims should only pray in their homes or at designated places.

"I have spoken to the police and this issue must be resolved. We don't have problems with anyone praying at places of worship. Those places have been built for this purpose," NDTV quoted CM Haryana as saying.

"But these should not be done in the open. We won't tolerate the custom of offering Namaz in the open," Khattar maintained.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2373760/26-muslims-booked-for-offering-congregational-prayer-in-india

Why arrest people? Wouldnt a warning be enough?

Mindboggling.

There is no real reason for arrests here. This is what BJP's India has become.

They will be arrested and released.

Why arrest them?

Is India such a bastion of law and order and laws followed to the hilt that there is zero tolerance? Or is it the case that certain incidents connected to Muslims bring the most strict response?

India makes Afghanistan and North Korea look as more tolerant countries.

Talk about hyperbole.

Why break the law when they can offer their prayers at a Mosque? Public places are not a place to show your love for God.

Can Hindus put loud speakers in Pakistan and play Bhajans while dancing on the streets?

Why arrest them?

Is India such a bastion of law and order and laws followed to the hilt that there is zero tolerance? Or is it the case that certain incidents connected to Muslims bring the most strict response?

I am not aware of Haryana laws, but from the article it looks like public offering of prayers in not allowed. If people break the law, they will be arrested. You very well know that when police arrived, people did not calmly walkaway. They will protest and what not. This is India you are talking about.

Shame on India. Pathetic.

I would hang my head in shame if I was an Indian.

I am not aware of Haryana laws, but from the article it looks like public offering of prayers in not allowed. If people break the law, they will be arrested. You very well know that when police arrived, people did not calmly walkaway. They will protest and what not. This is India you are talking about.

I think you mean Muslims praying in a congregation. Indians are very religious people, many are walking the streets praying to their Gods or chanting some prayer. Besides prayers can be said without talking or making any gestures.

Some laws such as this idiotic law should be broken. Blocking some freedom of religion in the most religious nation on Earth is pretty foolish even by Hindutva standards.

I think you mean Muslims praying in a congregation. Indians are very religious people, many are walking the streets praying to their Gods or chanting some prayer. Besides prayers can be said without talking or making any gestures.

Some laws such as this idiotic law should be broken. Blocking some freedom of religion in the most religious nation on Earth is pretty foolish even by Hindutva standards.

The law was there only in that particular state. Not all over India.

So you want people blocking traffic, vehicles parked everywhere causing major issues for the rest of the people just because they have to pray to their God?

Offer Prayers in Mosque or designated places. Its not that hard.

So you want people blocking traffic, vehicles parked everywhere causing major issues for the rest of the people just because they have to pray to their God?

Where they praying in the middle of the Indian motorway?

Cows block traffic on daily basis on many roads in India. When will they be booked by the cow police?

So you arrest these people and give them a criminal record.

Well done.

So you arrest these people and give them a criminal record.

Well done.

If they are to travel outside of the country, then a background check is performed before a passport is issued. In that case a criminal record is not good.

Talk about hyperbole.

Why break the law when they can offer their prayers at a Mosque? Public places are not a place to show your love for God.

Can Hindus put loud speakers in Pakistan and play Bhajans while dancing on the streets?

Didn't realise somebody's house was now public property..if a few people want to pray in someone's house what's the problem? Fascist regime.

Talk about hyperbole.

Hindus pollute their rivers by adding flowers, food and ashes of their dead all the time. Is that not public? Is this not affecting the environment and the country as a whole also? Why is that not stopped?

Probably need to kill all cows which block traffic needlessly and randomly in india

Lovely Uttar Pradesh always putting India in a good light.

How can anyone even remotely defend this is beyond me!

Probably need to kill all cows which block traffic needlessly and randomly in india

Cows have no sense of direction. They hover around open trash cans and dumpsters. They do not have a thinking brain like humans. You should have known that.

This is how its done.

Not by waiting and letting people come and then arresting them
==

India’s Supreme Court has ruled that Hindu religious event (Ganesh Chaturthi) will not be held at Eidgah Maidan — a ground where Muslims hold congregational prayers – in Bengaluru city.

A three-judge bench of the top court ordered “status quo” on a petition filed by Karnataka Wakf Board and Central Muslim Association of Karnataka challenging an order of August 26 of the high court allowing the state government to organise the religious function on August 30-31, Indian media reported.

The SC said that for 200 years there was no such function organised and the land in question was stated to belong to the Wakf Board and ordered that the status quo be maintained.

The court said other issues raised in the petition will be decided by the high court and disposed the appeal off.

The Basava Bommai-led BJP government in the southern Indian state earlier informed the top court that it had allowed religious and cultural activities for a limited period from August 30.

Kapil Sibal, arguing on behalf of the Wakf Board, told the top court the order of a division bench of the Karnataka HC would create unnecessary tension in the area.

The Eidgah [or Idgha] Maidan has been at the centre of a controversy over its ownership between the Wakf Board and the city administrative body – the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).

Earlier this month, it was said the property belonged to the revenue department.

This is how its done.

Not by waiting and letting people come and then arresting them
==

India’s Supreme Court has ruled that Hindu religious event (Ganesh Chaturthi) will not be held at Eidgah Maidan — a ground where Muslims hold congregational prayers – in Bengaluru city.

A three-judge bench of the top court ordered “status quo” on a petition filed by Karnataka Wakf Board and Central Muslim Association of Karnataka challenging an order of August 26 of the high court allowing the state government to organise the religious function on August 30-31, Indian media reported.

The SC said that for 200 years there was no such function organised and the land in question was stated to belong to the Wakf Board and ordered that the status quo be maintained.

The court said other issues raised in the petition will be decided by the high court and disposed the appeal off.

The Basava Bommai-led BJP government in the southern Indian state earlier informed the top court that it had allowed religious and cultural activities for a limited period from August 30.

Kapil Sibal, arguing on behalf of the Wakf Board, told the top court the order of a division bench of the Karnataka HC would create unnecessary tension in the area.

The Eidgah [or Idgha] Maidan has been at the centre of a controversy over its ownership between the Wakf Board and the city administrative body – the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).

Earlier this month, it was said the property belonged to the revenue department.

This is a different matter. Here the Waqf board and the state both claim to be the owners of the land. Its a title dispute.

While this is ridiculous, it is no surprise that Muslim haters like Champ_pal will defend this.

You cannot dictate people of different religious group when and where to offer prayer.

Often when a mosque is too small to hold prayer, the people who are praying their praying lines do spread out on roads. But this is not like they start praying on a public main road. This will often happen in small gallies of mohallas or villiages. Mosque in India are very small and limited.

In the article, the prayer wasnt being done on roads but in a house, again whats the issue.

Anyways, Muslims of India cant stand up for themselves..... I swear, every Muslim that lives in India can start a protest by holding congregational prayer on main roads and challenge these stupid laws and than see what can this facist state do against them.

They would have to jail every muslim in India. Too bad the muslim leadership is a joke in that country and appeases to much to these extremist hindus.

While this is ridiculous, it is no surprise that Muslim haters like Champ_pal will defend this.

You cannot dictate people of different religious group when and where to offer prayer.

Often when a mosque is too small to hold prayer, the people who are praying their praying lines do spread out on roads. But this is not like they start praying on a public main road. This will often happen in small gallies of mohallas or villiages. Mosque in India are very small and limited.

In the article, the prayer wasnt being done on roads but in a house, again whats the issue.

Anyways, Muslims of India cant stand up for themselves..... I swear, every Muslim that lives in India can start a protest by holding congregational prayer on main roads and challenge these stupid laws and than see what can this facist state do against them.

They would have to jail every muslim in India. Too bad the muslim leadership is a joke in that country and appeases to much to these extremist hindus.

Yes it can be very much dictated where can one pray. Public places are not for prayers.

Roads are not for prayers. If they have a small mosque, build a bigger one. Roads are for people to walk and vehicles to move.

Yes sometimes exception is made like during Id when some roads are blocked for muslims for their prayers or during Taziya procession etc and thats perfectly fine.

But to expect people to make concessions and face difficulties everytime you pray isn't going to happen.

And this occupy main roads threat wont work in a country where muslims are not even 20 per cent. The danda of law will keep everyone including muslims in line.

Yes it can be very much dictated where can one pray. Public places are not for prayers.

Roads are not for prayers. If they have a small mosque, build a bigger one. Roads are for people to walk and vehicles to move.

Yes sometimes exception is made like during Id when some roads are blocked for muslims for their prayers or during Taziya procession etc and thats perfectly fine.

But to expect people to make concessions and face difficulties everytime you pray isn't going to happen.

And this occupy main roads threat wont work in a country where muslims are not even 20 per cent. The danda of law will keep everyone including muslims in line.

Do you even know when do muslims actually pray in large numbers together?

A muslim can literally pray anywhere he wants without disturbing any person around him.

Do you even know when do muslims actually pray in large numbers together?

A muslim can literally pray anywhere he wants without disturbing any person around him.

Whether i know or i dont is not the point.

Point is that roads cannot be blocked on a regular basis.

A Muslim can pray anywhere he wants well, news for you, they cannot. Public places are not for prayers except for few exceptions.

You can’t block roads and cause inconvenience to day to day civilian life in the name of religion.

I would be ok even if the people arrested were from my own family leave alone Hindus if they were doing such public nuisance.

Clearly the intent was to provoke and not because they were super religious people and hope they get a nice little shakedown from cops and set straight on the right path and focus on their livelihood which probably is the basic message of every religion that’s lost on these types.

Talk about hyperbole.

Are you sure? :murali

Rules should be same for everyone. :rabada2

If you want I can post more such videos. :inti

You can’t block roads and cause inconvenience to day to day civilian life in the name of religion.

I would be ok even if the people arrested were from my own family leave alone Hindus if they were doing such public nuisance.

Clearly the intent was to provoke and not because they were super religious people and hope they get a nice little shakedown from cops and set straight on the right path and focus on their livelihood which probably is the basic message of every religion that’s lost on these types.

See roads are blocked for Taziya or Id etc and thats perfectly fine. But blocking roads on a daily or regular basis is a different thing.

A Muslim can pray anywhere he wants well, news for you, they cannot. Public places are not for prayers except for few exceptions.

I will repeat myself again, its better to know something than make yourself look ridiculous.

You are not even aware which prayer attracts most do pray together and how namaz can be prayed.

Yet with your hate for islam you sprout things without knwong.

People feed cows prashad which is considered as act of worship. Do you think the act of parshad where cows on the street are publically fed should also be stopped?

See roads are blocked for Taziya or Id etc and thats perfectly fine. But blocking roads on a daily or regular basis is a different thing.

Daily? I will say this again, plz study islamic basics before you even talk about it.

The op states that the prayer was held at home.

Also do you even know which prayer attracts the largest crowd?

I will repeat myself again, its better to know something than make yourself look ridiculous.

You are not even aware which prayer attracts most do pray together and how namaz can be prayed.

Yet with your hate for islam you sprout things without knwong.

People feed cows prashad which is considered as act of worship. Do you think the act of parshad where cows on the street are publically fed should also be stopped?

I don't need to be aware. All i need to know is that roads and public places cannot be blocked for prayers on a regular basis.

Better to know that rules and laws are not going to change as per your convenience.

A cow is an animal and roams around on the streets, it doesn't have the understanding of a human being.

Yeah why not lol. Kehne mein kya jata hai. :91: :inti

From the OP, prayers were being offered inside a house. Am I missing something here?
Which road goes through that house?

I don't need to be aware. All i need to know is that roads and public places cannot be blocked for prayers on a regular basis.

Better to know that rules and laws are not going to change as per your convenience.

A cow is an animal and roams around on the streets, it doesn't have the understanding of a human being.

So you dont know anything about prayers of muslims and just sprouting nosense as usual.

Also, why give prashad to fow in middle of the road, that causes disturbance and makes area dirty

So you dont know anything about prayers of muslims and just sprouting nosense as usual.

Also, why give prashad to fow in middle of the road, that causes disturbance and makes area dirty

I know that various reports state that public places, roads, parks have been blocked by muslims for their prayers regularly.

So you are saying that vehicular and human traffic is blocked and then the cow is brought to the middle of the road and fed?

Law should be equal for all religious communities. If Muslim's are being stopped from praying in public places but Hindu's are free to sing the Hanuman chalisa at the very places then the discrimination is very clear. That is what happens in most of India.

Praying in someone's house should not be a problem imo...

Public places should be a clear no no, if a Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Jew starts praying in Public like streets, roads, beaches , parks or other public environments they should be given a warning if repeated throw them in Jail...

Are you sure? :murali

Rules should be same for everyone. :rabada2

If you want I can post more such videos. :inti
Don't expect any replies from biased bhakts now.

In my neighborhood alone, there are so many pujas and jagrans keep happening with regularity on public spaces. But apparently, they don't inconvenience anyone.

Hypocrites.

From the OP, prayers were being offered inside a house. Am I missing something here?
Which road goes through that house?
Its better to bang your head against a brick wall than to argue facts and logic with these biased minions.

I know that various reports state that public places, roads, parks have been blocked by muslims for their prayers regularly.

So you are saying that vehicular and human traffic is blocked and then the cow is brought to the middle of the road and fed?

Keeping your well known and documented anti muslim biases aside, please point to the road that was blocked by these muslims specificlly in this case.
English is a secondary language for me, so maybe I missed in the OP. Please point out.

According to a report of Kashmir Media Service (KMS), Superintendent of Police (rural) Moradabad Sandeep Kumar Meena said that scores of people assembled at the house of two locals in Dulhepur village without any notice and offered prayers.

"They had been cautioned in the past not to indulge in such a practice at home, following objections from neighbours belonging to another community," he added.

Meena said that an FIR has been registered under IPC 505-2 against 16 identified and 10 unidentified persons on the complaint of local Chandra Pal Singh. "We are looking for those involved in the case.”

Pictures of people purportedly praying inside the house in "large numbers" at Dulhepur village had gone viral on social media, following which, a few right-wing activists staged a protest and demanded police action.

In December, a chief minister of a major state in India openly and unashamedly stated that Muslims will not be allowed to offer prayers in open spaces.

Haryana Chief Minister ML Khattar had said that Muslims should only pray in their homes or at designated places.

"I have spoken to the police and this issue must be resolved. We don't have problems with anyone praying at places of worship. Those places have been built for this purpose," NDTV quoted CM Haryana as saying.

"But these should not be done in the open. We won't tolerate the custom of offering Namaz in the open," Khattar maintained.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2373760/26-muslims-booked-for-offering-congregational-prayer-in-india
Indefensible but what can you expect from the most bigoted government in one of the most backward states in India?

People are being prevented from hosting a prayer in their own home. Maybe it was a bit noisy but if the same cops stopped a loud Bhajan or Satsang in someone's home, they'd be fired instantly.

Indefensible but what can you expect from the most bigoted government in one of the most backward states in India?

People are being prevented from hosting a prayer in their own home. Maybe it was a bit noisy but if the same cops stopped a loud Bhajan or Satsang in someone's home, they'd be fired instantly.
Give examples where cops were fired instantly.

Back