2nd ODI W.I. vs. Pak @ St.Lucia (WI innings) [21/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahaqureshi

T20I Debutant
Runs
Pak scored 258-9 after 50 Overs thus setting a target of 259 for the West Indians to win today.

Two good fifties and a close one ensured Pakistan recovered from a poor start

PLs post all discussions and score updates here.

Doing this in light of AJ being absent :))

MODS - Make sticky pls

U beat me to it. I wanted to do it in Amjid's absence!

:)) nice one taha. Pak need to get Gayle early or anything could happen. It is a 50/50 game IMO

well 258 pakistan have to defend, modest total. But we need three things to win the match.

1)razzaq to smash through their line up.
2) Gayle to get out early.
3)The will of Allaah.

Hashim said:
well 258 pakistan have to defend, modest total. But we need three things to win the match.

1)razzaq to smash through their line up.
2) Gayle to get out early.
3)The will of Allaah.
ofcourse...the will of Allah is the most important...this is the first thing...pak needs 3 wickets b4 they become threats.....Gayle, Chanderpaul, and Sarwan...dangerous players....sarwan is a world class players..

Not a bad score considering the drag in the middle overs. But pak needs to seriously reconsider the batting order. We don't need YK batting in the last 10 overs! He's a fine batsman and should be maybe no 3 or open. Without afridi in the lower order, our lower order is lacking that killer pucnh it's had for last few yrs. Malik is not good enough for 3. We need a no. 3 who can bat anywhere in the world.

Anyhow, key is to get gayle early and then some good fielding to back it up.

thing about west indian batsmen is that im always getting them mixed up and confused about their varying abilities/strengths...

dunno why.

I think we need younis at number three, and malik razzak and afridi in the lower order to lauch a big attack in the last 15 overs. Razzaq has do it all by himself and thats a big load.

Pak batsmen made a mountain out of a mole hill. It was a good batting track that looked like it had 300+ in it.

If either Gayle, Sarwan and Chanderpaul (who averages 80 here) get going we will lose this one !!

kashif77 said:
Pak batsmen made a mountain out of a mole hill. It was a good batting track that looked like it had 300+ in it.

If either Gayle, Sarwan and Chanderpaul (who averages 80 here) get going we will lose this one !!
oh shoot...they really avg high on these grounds here

naveed bowling well, conceding too many extras though.

attacking strategy by younis khan, but kamran should have taken the catch.

smoothcriminal said:
naveed bowling well, conceding too many extras though.

attacking strategy by younis khan, but kamran should have taken the catch.
pretty sad....how it went away

1.1 Shabbir Ahmed to Gayle, no run, cuts and it almost carries to point

BLOODY HELL THIS IS THE 2ND TIME A CLEAR EDGE HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN BY THESE BIASED MO-FO UMPIRES!!!!

Kamran drops a catch and Billy turns down a strong appeal for caught behind.

You cannot be admired as a great if you do not walk when you should

Zohaib said:
Yeah willow tv having some technicalities but now it's back!
everyone's having difficulties......u guys can share matches thoru willow tv..using peercast

yeup Zohaib. i hate watching matches online though, connection can let you down. and tv is much better obviously

can someone update? all commentary is stopped due to technical problems..all websites same

the power has gone, no channel is able to recieve an transmition as of yet

for those watching on tv, cld u update us who are less fortunate than u...thank u. :p

19 for 0. Marshall continues to play and miss.

Dropped catch, wides and no balls - a shoddy start by Pakistan.

20-0 4th over. marshall is such a bonga player, he doesnt know how to play outswing, fidgeting with every ball, already veyr lucky to not lose his wicket

Marshall shouldnt even be playing! Id rather have Ricardo Powell opening even though im 1 billion% against him doing so

marshall should be pack in the pavilion soon. just bowl in that channel, hint of out-swing. he is really not comfortable with it

oh man holding cant hide his feelings for the selectors. He is pretty right though what a flawed player this MARSHALl is

Holding is really really vexed at the selectors! He just congratulated the selectors for sending Marshall out to bat again. Then congratulated them again!

"play & missed...Played & missed...Played and Edged and taken"..lol

such a predictable dismissal. Good low catch by Salman Butt.

He has a very poor domestic average and a total of 1 centuries

Congrats again! Third time from Holding! He should send them a box of chocolates and flowers and a congratulations card!

Usman said:
He has a very poor domestic average and a total of 1 centuries
lol...then y was he selected...his best in ODI is of 15..lol..in 6 ODIs...but he for sure is a great fielder

That made me crack up! Holding can be so funny when he gets sarcastic!

Raz said:
That made me crack up! Holding can be so funny when he gets sarcastic!
lol...i like his accent...differnt from all otehr commentators...that makes even funnier..lol

Is it just me or is the outfield really getting slow for some reason?

or the WI batsmen are just not timing the ball well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back